Registered: Nov 2014
Local time: 06:14 PM
Edit Canon XF100 MXF in FCP X with multiple audio channels ProRes 422 LT Canon XF100 MXF
If you want to transcode your Canon XF100 MXF footages Apple ProRes LT for FCP with remaining multiple audio tracks from original MXF files and keeping timecode for Final Cut Pro X, you may prefer to follow this article because it will show you the way out.
I would be grateful if you could help me out as I have experienced huge issues from Canon UK trying to rectify this problem (basically they don?t care that my Mavericks Mac is not supported by their converter) so if you can recommend one of some apps that would support converting my mxf files from my Canon XF100 to HD move for use in Final Cut Pro X I will happily recommend it across all possible SM platforms. I want to convert various Canon XF100 MXF to ProRes 422 LT with 2 audio channels.
As we know, they recorded video file is MXF format, a not good editable format for Final Cut Pro X. We will meet some troubles when we import Canon XF100 MXF redordings to FCP X.The reason is the MXF format is not the FCP compatible video format.
In order to make Canon XF100 Camcorder MXF files editable in FCP, Canon launches some related XF plug-ins, via which you can transfer your MXF recordings to your Mac editing software. But as far as we know, Canon XF utility was not used to capture videos from CF cards on location.
To find an easier way, you just need to get help of Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac which can convert Canon XF100 MXF videos to FCP comptible Apple Prores codec for natively importing in Final Cut Pro on Mac and also the timecode is kept for FCP.
However, many Canon XF100 users will prefer to record multi-track MXF footage using difference microphones for better audio. To convert Canon multi-track MXF video to Apple Prores for FCP with timecode, iMixMXF, a professional MXF Converter and Mixer tool, is strongly recommend for its reliable work efficiency.
Why do you choose Pavtube iMixMXF?
- Import/Retain/Mix multi-track MXF in MKV/MP4/MOV formats.
- Output multi-track or single audio track Apple ProRes MOV for FCP (X).
- Mix the MXF multiple track/channel audio into one or keep the multi tracks.
- Add *.srt/*.ass/*.ssa subtitle files to MXF footage.
- Support DVCPRO/HDV/Avid DNxHD/AIC/AVI/MPG/WMV/FLV output.
- Convert Panasonic P2 MXF, Canon XF100 MXF, Sony XDCAM MXF to editable footage for editing, playing, or broadcasting.
- Merge/split/trim/crop MXF footages.
- Keep timecode for Final Cut Pro
- Support Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
More features for the new-released version:
- Added 3D profiles in Format menu. (Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, or Anaglyph 3D in MKV/MP4/MOV/WMV/AVI)
- Added chapter marker feature for multi-track MP4
The following instruction will tell you how to transcode Canon XF100 MXF to Multi channel audio Apple Prors for editing in FCP on Mac Mavericks. Now download and install the best Multitracks MXF Converter and Mixer, and go to try those wonderful functions.
Step 1. Load MXF footages.
Run Pavtube iMixMXF on your Mac, click "+" button to load the MXF video files or load the MXF folder.
Notes: "Merge into one file" can help you to convert several MXF videos into one video. Just select the tasks you need and then check "Merge into one file", you will get one combination of those videos.
Step 2.Select multi-track Apple Prores 422 LT .mov format.
Click "Format" and choose Multi-track Video>Multi-track Apple ProRes 422 LT(*.mov) as the most compatible codec for FCP editing with smaller size.
As the Apple ProRes 422 (LT) codec provides the following:
- Roughly 70 percent of the data rate of Apple ProRes 422 (thus, smaller file sizes than Apple ProRes 422)
- Higher quality than Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy)
Learn more Apple ProRes, please refer to Types of Apple ProRes Codecs
P.S. Besides multi-track Apple Prores, there are also multi-track MKV, multi-track MOV and MP4 for you to choose for playback or editing.
Step 3. Set multiple audio tracks for Prores .mov video.
You can also click "Settings" right beside to set up outputting video bitrate, frame rate, codec and size all according to your needs.
1. If you do not need all audio tracks for output, click "Settings" button you are allowed to uncheck the audio tracks you do not want for output. And you can choose to keep default settings or adjust parameters, like codec, bitrate, channels, etc, according to your different requirements.
2. If you need to mix multiple audio tracks into one track, go to check "Mix into one track" on the lower left. Conversely uncheck it you will get multiple audio tracks separately.
Step 4. Start conversion.
Click "Convert" button to start converting Canon XF100 MXF to multi-track Apple Prors LT .mov for FCP, after a while go to "Open" button to locate the generated .mov videos with multiple audio tracks and imported to Final Cut Pro for editing.
Refer to the picture below to see how this cool mac mov converting tool keep the timecode for FCP.
Convert multi-audio tracks MXF to MP4 on Windows or Mac
Transcode multi-audio channels MXF to MOV on Mac or Windows
Mix multiple audio tracks into one track on Mac Mavericks
Convert Panasonic P2 MXF to iMovie AIC MOV
MXF to FCP X not working on Mac Yosemite? A possible fix!
Good News! Pavtube Bundles Dealsare coming! If you want to import/preserve/mix multi-track MXF in MKV/MP4/MOV formats, get multi-track Apple Prores MOV for further editing in Final Cut Pro (X), the following bundled software is your best choice:?
--------Video Converter($35) + MXF MultiMixer($45) = $54.9, Save $25.1 (buy link)
--------Video Converter for Mac($35) + iMixMXF($45) = $54.9, Save $25.1 (buy link)
Go ahead and click the link to get your coupon. Save up to $44.1!Never miss!!!