Registered: Feb 2007
Local time: 08:16 PM
Location: George Town Tasmania Australia
I hung my CV up to dry several years ago and use it on the internet when it seems appropriate. I post it here that it may be useful to some readers: a resume at the end of the line, drying in the hot sun of Australia.-Ron Price, Tasmania
RESUME OF MR RON PRICE
In addition to my standard resume found below, my Baha?i resume is also found here(deleted no room), as is a list of subjects I taught while lecturing in post-secondary schools and colleges(deleted no room) Once used to apply for jobs from the early sixties to the early years of the new millennium, this evolving document is now an archive that I update occasionally for internet use in the first years of my late adulthood, 2005-2007.
A. My Ascribed Roles: grandson, son, nephew, cousin, father, step-father, uncle, step-grandfather, step-father, husband, male.
B. My Achieved Roles: writer, poet, essayist, author, journalist, teacher, lecturer, student and many others found in section 4 below at different times since beginning my employment life in 1961.
1.1 Academic Qualifications
* Bachelor of Arts(Sociology)
Hamilton Ontario Canada 1966
*B. Ed.(Primary School Training)
Windsor Teachers? College
Windsor Ontario Canada 1967
* MA(Qualifying Thesis)
University of Queensland
St Lucia Queensland
1.2 Professional Qualifications
* Post Graduate Diploma in Education
Windsor Ontario Canada 1967
* Certificate of Integrated Studies
Education Department of Ontario
Toronto Ontario Canada 1970
1.3 Further Studies(Qualifications Incomplete)
* Advanced Dipoma in Education
University of Adelaide
Adelaide South Australia 1973
-comparative education unit
* Master of Educational Administration
University of New England
Armadale NSW 1975 to 1978
-comparative education, organization theory and practice, educational
administration, open education and history of education units
* Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations
Tasmanian College of Advanced Education
Launceston Tasmania 1980
-organizational behaviour-3 units
* Graduate Diploma in Multicultural Education
Armadale College of Advanced Education
Armadale NSW 1983
-language and society unit; presented paper at residential school.
* Graduate Diploma in Religious Education
South Australian College of Advanced Education
Adelaide South Australia 1984 to 1986
-Religious symbols and symbolism, sociology of education, the Bible
as literature, moral education, Islam and principles of religious education units.
1.4 Transcripts and Grades
* Transcripts are available on request, originals or copies.
* A summary of my academic record would read:
Matriculation(B), BA(C), Dip.Ed.(B), Post-Graduate Studies(2 distinctions, 5 credits, 1 pass(B) and 10 pass(C) grades.
1.5 Teaching Qualifications and Registrations
* Teaching Certificate(Primary) Windsor Teachers? College 1967.
* Registered with the Primary, Secondary and Technical Teachers
Registration Boards of Victoria in the mid and late 1970s, resp.
* Granted permanency with DEVET (now Dept of Training and Employment) in Western Australia in June 1992.
1.6 Professional Memberships and Eligibility
* Secondary School Teachers Union of Western Australia: 1987 to 1999.
Branch secretary for four of those years at Hedland College and the Thornlie Campus of the Southeast Metropolitan College of Tafe
* Australian Association of Educational Administration: 1975 to 1976
* Australian Institute of Welfare Workers(eligible)
2.1 Articles and Reviews: Journals/Websites
1.*Essays, Interviews and Articles on the Internet at:
1.1 The Baha'i Academic Resource Library firstname.lastname@example.org. has several hundred items posted there, 2002-2006; and at
1.2 An estimated 2000 other sites containing several million words, 2001-2006.
2. * "A History of the Baha'i Faith in the Northern Territory: 1947-1997," Northern Lights, 32 Installments, 2000-2003.
3. * Periodic Articles in "Newsletters," Regional Teaching Committees of the NSA of the Baha'is of Australia Inc., 1971-2001.
4. * Periodic Articles/Letters, Baha'i Canada and The Australian Baha'i Bulletin now The Australian Baha?I: 1971-2006.
5. * "Memorials of the Faithful," Baha'i Studies Review, September 2001.
6. * "Review of Two Chapbooks: The Poetry of Tony Lee," Arts Dialogue, June 2001.
7. * "Asia and the Lost Poems: The Poetry of Anthony Lee," Art 'n Soul, a Website for Poets and Poetry, January 2000.
8. * "The Passionate Artist," Australian Baha'i Studies, Vol.2, 2000.
9. * "Memorials of the Faithful," Australian Baha'i Studies, Vol.1, No.2, 1999, p.102 and upligting words.org, 2005-6.
10. * "Poetry of Ron Price: An Overview," ABS Newsletter, No.38, September 1997.
11. * "Thomas a Kempis, Taherzadeh and the Day of Judgement," Forum, Vol.3, No 1, 1994, pp.1-3.
12. * "Forward", An Introduction to Occasions of Grace: Poems and Portrayals, Roger White, George Ronald, Oxford, 1993.
13. * "The Inner Life and the Environment", a paper presented at Murdoch University at the Baha?i Studies Conference in April 1990 and published in The Environment: Our Common Heritage, Mongraph No.5, 1994, pp.118-131.
14. * "The History of a Dream: A Tribute to Persistence", Office of Tafe Publication in Western Australia, 1988, pp.5-6.
15. * "Response", Dialogue, Vol.2, No.1, 1986, pp.3-4.
16. * "Homeward Bound", Dialogue, Vol.1, No. 1, 1985, pp.37-38.
17. * "Happiness", Herald of the South, Vol.11, 1985, pp.26-27.
18. * "Perspectives on Multiculturalism", Residential School Papers: May to July 1983, Centre for Multicultural Studies, Armidale CAE, pp.24-28.
19. * "Who Plays the Music in Your Dreams?", Dream International, 1983, Vol.1, No.3, p.31.
20. * "Consultative Decision Making", Northern News, Darwin, December, 1983.
21. "The Baha'i Faith: A Series of 4 Articles," Student Magazine, Ballarat College of Advanced Education, 1977-78.
22. ?The Baha?I Faith: 4 Articles,? Tasmanian CAE Publication, Launceston, 1974.
2.2. Articles and Reviews: Newspapers
150 articles of about 800 words each have appeared in the following newspapers and magazines in 1983-1986.
Katherine Advertiser.....150,000 words
Katherine Times............2000 words
Barkley Regional...........300 words
Launceston Examiner....300 words
The Tasmanian............. 300 words
The Northern News .......300 words
Ballarat CAE..................2500 words(5 articles)
Newspapers on the Internet...20000 words
In 2005 I began posting items at online newspapers and now have postings at:
2.3 Online Newspapers and Journals
1. The New York Times
3. International Viewpoint
4. Persian Journal
5. The Australian
6. Career Journal
7. The Canadian Poetry Association
8. World Chronicle
9. Contemporary Literature
10. European History
11. Medieval History
12. Writers in Touch
13. Arkansas Poets Society
14. Dream Journal
2.4 Online Message Boards, Blogs and Forums:
Approximately1000 online sites.
Poetry published in the following publications:
2. The Southern Gazette
3. Herald of the South
4. Katherine Advertiser
5. four W No.6: Selected Works-Charles Sturt University
6. The Southern Gazette
7. Australian Baha?i Bulletin
8. The Liquid Mirror
9. Baha'i Canada
10. ABS Newsletter
11. Australian Baha'i Studies Journal
12. World Order: Anthology
13. An estimated forty magazines on the Internet
--See my website at: 'Endgame' after hyperlink 42 for a short list; and
14. An additional, more comprehensive, list of poetry sites is available on request, if required.
2.6 Online Poetry Sites
Approximatley 400 sites.
* 25 in-house training manuals in the management studies program for Hedland College and the Open College of Tafe in Katherine in the Northern Territory.(70 page average length of each manual: 1982-1986)
* 60 study guides for the Perth Campus, CMC and the Thornlie Campus, SEMC in a wide range of General Studies/Human Service subjects.(40 page average length: 1988-1999)
* 6 manuals for classes at The School for Seniors in George Town: 1999-2005.
(see the list of subjects taught in Appendix B below)
2.8 Books, Essays and Letters
2.8.1 Books Complete: Published:
* The Emergence of a Baha'i Consciousness in World Literature: The Poetry of Roger White. This is a collection of essays written from 1988 to 2002: 80,000 words.
* Published by Juxta Publications, The Baha'i Academics Resource Library. Also available as an ebook at Lulu.com. Hard copy in 1 volume availabe at Lulu.com
* Pioneering Over Four Epochs: An Autobiographical Study and a Study in Autobiography, 5th edition, BWCL, 2500 pages: 4 volumes in hard copy at Lulu.com(currently being reviewed by NSA of the Baha?is of Australia, Inc.)
2.8.2 Books Incomplete: Unpublished:
12 attempts at a novel in the years 1983 to 2005. Longest single attempt 30,000 words.
2.8.3 Essays Complete: Unpublished:
* 1979-2006--an autobiographical collection of over 200 essays.
2.8.4 Essays Complete: Published:
* Essays 1977-2006: A collection of 300 essays, an estimated 200,000 words, by an international pioneer in Australia in the third, fourth and fifth epochs.
2.8.5 Letters Complete: Unpublished:
* 1960-2006. A collection of twenty-five volumes of letters to and from a pioneer in the Baha?i community, an estimated 3000 letters.
2.6.1 Complete: Unpublished:
58 booklets of poetry: 100-120 poems per booklet, written from 1980 to 2006, over 6000 poems.
Several million words in several genres: essays, narrative, interviews, book reviews, poetry, letters, emails and a wide range of postings and responses to the writing of others are located at over 2000 websites on the Internet. See the 2nd edition of my website(bahaipioneering.bahaisite.com/)at the link 'Endgame', after site #42, for a list of many of these sites. A comprehensive list is available under separate cover at email@example.com
2.8 Collections of My Poetry in Libraries:
1. Baha'i World Centre Library, Baha'i World Centre, PO Box 31 001, Haifa Israel: 5000 poems.
2. Canadian National Baha'i Centre Library, 7200 Leslie Street,Thornhill, Ontario, L#T 6L8 Canada, 300 poems.
3. Australian National Baha'i Centre Library, Sydney, Australia, 300 poems.
4. Regional Baha'i Council of Tasmania, PO Box 1126, GPO Hobart, Tasmania, 7001, Baha'i State Library of Tasmania, Hobart, 150 poems.
5. Baha'i Centre of Learning Library, C/-LSA of the Baha'is of Melville, PO Box 628, Applecross,Western Australia, 6153, 200 poems.
6. Local Spiritual Assembly Library of the Baha'is of Burlington, Ontario, Canada, 300 poems.
7. International Pioneer Committee of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of Canada, 7200 Leslie Street, Thornhill, Ontario, L3T 6L8, Canada, 120 poems.
8. Local Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of Brighton, PO Box 553, Brighton, South Australia, 5048, State Baha'i Centre Library, Brighton, S.A., 120 poems.
9. Local Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of Canberra, 18 Hichey Court, ACT, 2611, Baha'i Centre Library, 120 poems.
10. Baha'i Council of the Northern Territory, PO Box 2055, Humpty Doo, NT, 0836, 100 poems
11. Baha'i Council of Victoria, Knoxfield, Victoria, 3182, 100 poems.
12. LSAs of Belmont, Launceston, Ballarat, Darwin: hold 'some of my poetry' in their archives, 100 poems.
13. The Afnan Library, c/-George Ronald Publishers, 24 Gardiner Close,
Abingdon, Oxon, OX14 3YA, England has a CD of some 200,000 words.
14. LSA of the Baha?is of Toronto Ontario, 288 Bloor Street West, Toronto Ontario, M5S 1V8, Canada, 100 poems.
15. The Baha?i Community of Iqaluit, Iqaluit, NWT, Canada, 100 poems.
16. The Spiritual Assembly of the Baha?is of Hamilton, PO Box 57009, Jackson Station, Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 4W9, 300 poems.
17. Booklets of poetry to other communities and institutions are also planned into the future.
2.9 Books in Traditional and Cyberspace Libraries:
1. The Emergence of a Baha'i Consciousness in World Literature: The Poetry of Roger White, in the Afnan Library, a 'deposit library' Administered by the National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of the United Kingdom, April 2003.
2. The same book is in the 'Baha'i Academics Resource Library'. See http://bahai-library.org/books/white; and at Juxta Publications. See http://juxta.com/
3. I have been given approval to publish this book by the National Literature Committee of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of Canada and Juxta Publications has put it on their site at: http://juxta.com/
4. Pioneering Over Four Epochs: An Autobiographical Study and a Study in Autobiography, BWCL, 2004; Lulu.com: hard cover in 4 volumes(not available yet).
2.10 Essays in Libraries:
1.The Baha'i World Centre Library, 50 essays-1994.
2. Various internet ?libraries.?
2.11 Radio Programs and Interviews:
2.11.1 Interviews: Interviewed on eight occasions in eight cities and towns in Australia from 1974 to 1995 on the subjects of (i) education or (ii) the Baha'i Faith. Each interview 15 to 25 minutes.
2.11.2 Programs: Presented 150 half hour programs on City Park Radio in Launceston for the Launceston Baha'i Community: 2000-2005.
3. COURSES AND LEVELS TAUGHT
3.1 Pre-Apprentice, Apprentice, EPUY, PEP and Youth Training Programs(15 to 25 year old students):
* Wide range of programs in these areas beginning in 1982:
-Open College of Tafe in Katherine 1982-1986
-Hedland College 1986-1987
-Perth Campus/Balga Campus 1988
-Thornlie Campus 1989-1999
3.2 Other Post-Secondary Institutions:Full/Part/Time(F/P/T)
*George Town School for Seniors Inc 1999-2005(P/T)
*Charles Sturt University 1995(July to October)(F/T)
* Tasmanian CAE 1974 and 1979(F/T)
* Ballarat CAE 1976-1978(F/T)
* Deakin University 1977(external studies lecturer)(P/T)
* Whitehorse Technical College 1975(F/T)
* University of Tasmania 1974(external studies lecturer)(P/T)
* George Town School For Seniors 1999-2005(tutor Volunteer/Casual)
_______________No More Room To Post More Data__________