Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Politics & Government > Law > South Dakota abortion ban signed into law
Search this Thread:
Pages (4): « First « 23 [4]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 10:51 AM

post #46  quote:

quote:
gaboman said this in post #19 :
"Should the child die for the sins of the father?" - that is such a horrible thing to wish upon a rape victim. Being a man, I'm ashamed that another man would be so insensitive... but that's neither here nor there, you are indeed allowed your opinion.

But the only way I can see your view is like this: a woman, raped, a traumatic ordeal indeed (hardly think you can argue that point). Then she's suddenly pregnant; an abortion is a hard thing to go through with, and it will most likely scar them for life. But that scar won't be anywhere near as deep as it would be if they had to see the product of their rape each and every day for the rest of their life. I mean, they may love the child completely; but at the back of their mind that child would still be a subtle reminder of how they were humiliated - reduced to a mass of fleshy desire and conquored by some twisted individual.

It makes me sick just thinking about it.

I really don't think that is the issue in a woman's mind gaboman.

An unplanned baby because of someone else's brutality and now you have to not only deal with the trauma of the rape, but also , How am I going to support this baby? How can I raise it?

In such a society as ours that demeans rape victims over and over again...blaming women for being raped in court room after court room...

can you hear someone say offhandedly..."Where is the father? Who is the father?"

Her honest response would be..."Oh, he raped me and got me pregnant. And since it was 'my fault' he doesn't have to spend child support, nor does he have to spend any time behind bars."

But you are right about one thing Gaboman...I find the writer very insensitive and kudos and a pat on the back to you for having more tact with him than I am not allowed to do.

Old Post 03-21-2006 01:34 AM
Find more posts by nikiTa Add nikiTa to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore nikiTa REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 10:21 PM

post #47  quote:

"How am I going to support this baby" is certainly one aspect, I didn't mean to discount that entirely.

Why aren't you allowed to have tact? I'll talk to someone about that.

I hate this really awesome posts about animals and humans not being so different (in that we're made of the same substances, we're just slightly more intelligent and have a different shape), but I deleted it cause I figured some people may be offended. Woe is me

Old Post 03-21-2006 03:38 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

The Writer
Crackerjack

Local time: 09:21 AM

post #48  quote:

quote:
nikiTa said this in post #46 :

An unplanned baby because of someone else's brutality and now you have to not only deal with the trauma of the rape, but also , How am I going to support this baby? How can I raise it?

a person might consider giving the child up for adoption

In such a society as ours that demeans rape victims over and over again...blaming women for being raped in court room after court room...

Are you suggesting rape charges be accepted without question? That the accused should have no right to face their accuser?

can you hear someone say offhandedly..."Where is the father? Who is the father?"

Is it better to kill the baby than answer awkward questions?

Her honest response would be..."Oh, he raped me and got me pregnant. And since it was 'my fault' he doesn't have to spend child support, nor does he have to spend any time behind bars."

Another answer might be... "I got drunk at a party, had sex with a bunch of guys I didn't know, two months later found out I was pregnant and had an abortion. I didn't want to answer awkward questions"

But you are right about one thing Gaboman...I find the writer very insensitive and kudos and a pat on the back to you for having more tact with him than I am not allowed to do.

You are welcome to be tactful, it is the personal attacks, such as calling me "insensitive" that degenerates a dicussion into a name-calling shouting match. Sensitive people can disagree with you.

Old Post 03-21-2006 04:24 PM
Click here to Send The Writer a Private Message Visit The Writer's homepage! Find more posts by The Writer Add The Writer to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore The Writer REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #49  quote:

thanks for sticking to your word writer;

Now, you are officially on ignore.....

You have proven that your comments are not even worthy of my time.

At least it's possible for me to do that with you.

Old Post 03-21-2006 04:47 PM
Find more posts by nikiTa Add nikiTa to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore nikiTa REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 06:21 AM

post #50  quote:

Reminder to all members: we can use the 'ignore' function or simply not read posts of a particular user.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-21-2006 04:53 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

USA1
INReview Maven

Local time: 08:21 AM

post #51  quote:

quote:
HECK said this in post #50 :
Reminder to all members: we can use the 'ignore' function or simply not read posts of a particular user.

-HECK!

I use it all the time. However those dudes have been gone for a while. Thank God.

Old Post 03-21-2006 05:04 PM
Click here to Send USA1 a Private Message Find more posts by USA1 Add USA1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore USA1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #52  quote:

I tried it once back in the day, but I don't need it. If someone is bugging me that much I just won't read their posts. Easy as that.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-21-2006 05:07 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

USA1
INReview Maven

Local time: 08:21 AM

post #53  quote:

Same here.

Old Post 03-21-2006 05:11 PM
Click here to Send USA1 a Private Message Find more posts by USA1 Add USA1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore USA1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #54  quote:

No, Heck! you don't understand, I read so fast...even scrolling down I read them...I don't have time or the even the remote possiblity of ignoring by scrolling.

Maybe others can do it...maybe they read slow, I don't know...all I do know is that ignore works...and I rely on others with the wherewithal to report posts...because quite frankly I don't care if people make arses of themselves, I just don't have to read it.

Old Post 03-21-2006 05:45 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #55  quote:

Ignore button works too, whatever makes INR easier for people to use.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-21-2006 05:53 PM
Time: 02:21 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (4): « First « 23 [4]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Politics & Government > Law > South Dakota abortion ban signed into law
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: