Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Hot Topics > Agree2Disagree > Euthanasia/Right to Die > Michael may not have good intentions.
Search this Thread:
Pages (11): « 12 [3] 45 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 02:12 AM

post #31  quote:

quote:
sowhatsthetruth said this in post #32 :

You were wondering how one person could take over a hospital.

A hospital would have been more difficult than a nursing home.

And I gave the analogy of my grandmother and how she very easily commandeered the nursing home where my grandfather was housed.

If my grandmother could commandeer a nursing home, surely a beligerant young strong man could have no problem.

Sorry for the confusion.

Oh...now I understand.

but still...a man "taking" over a mursing home..staff and all?

Its not like there arent any doctors there.

I mean I know abuse in nursing homes happen...but for one man to order people around like that and get away with it with absolutely not one staff member calling social services?

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:05 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 04:42 AM

post #32  quote:

quote:
Im not saying anything...I just found it wierd.

The entire situation is wierd.
Really, it's been a while since I have had to sift through so much disinformation...and this isn't even geopolitics!

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:05 AM
Find more posts by nikiTa Add nikiTa to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore nikiTa REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #33  quote:

This was interesting as well:

A snippet of an article I found: So they are claiming the hospice and hospital are also to blame...

Doesnt anyone see that this is wierd. Now they are saying he had influence on a hospice, and a hospital as well?

Anyhow...

Sept, 3 2003.

Attorney named as 'non-party co-conspirator' to civil rights violations

The lawsuit filed by Terri's parents accuses Schiavo, both personally and in his official capacity as Terri's legal guardian, of violating the Americans with Disabilities Act for refusing to provide appropriate medical care and rehabilitation therapy, which are required by the law and for seeking to deprive her of nutrition and hydration, which is forbidden by the law.

George Felos, Michael Schiavo's attorney and a noted author and advocate in Florida's so-called "right to die" movement, is also named as a "non-party co-conspirator" in the lawsuit. The Schindlers allege that Schiavo, with Felos' help, sought to deprive Terri of her due process rights under the Fifth and 14th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

The suit charges that Terri was denied a guardian ad litem during most of the legal proceedings in which her husband sought to end her life and, the remainder of the time, suffered from "ineffective assistance of counsel, due process violations, and blatant conflict of interest with Terri's guardian, defendant Michael Schiavo," who is responsible for seeing that her legal interests are represented.

The only guardian ad litem and the only attorney to represent Terri prior to her parents' intervention in the case were removed when the attorney suggested that Michael Schiavo had a conflict of interest that prohibited him from serving as Terri's guardian.

The complaint also alleges that Schiavo and Felos conspired to deprive Terri of access to her priest in violation of the First Amendment and that the use of a 1999 Florida law in her case represented a Fifth Amendment due process violation of the constitutional prohibition on ex post facto legislation since Mrs. Schiavo had suffered her injury in 1990.

All of the cumulative rights violations are alleged under 42 USC 1983, which provides that, "Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress."

The hospice where Terri Schiavo is being kept and the hospital where her infection was supposed to have been treated are also accused of violating the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. That law requires that "handicapped" receive comparable medical care to that given able-bodied patients with similar conditions or injuries. Both facilities are subject to the Rehabilitation Act because they receive federal Medicare funding. The hospital is also charged with violating provisions of the Social Security law in 42 USC 1395dd, which requires the examination and appropriate treatment of emergency medical conditions and forbids the discharge of patients before their conditions are stabilized. The Schindlers believe their daughter was prematurely discharged from the hospital on more than one occasion in an attempt to hasten her death.

Felos accused the Schindlers of trying to subvert the Florida justice system.

"The purpose of this lawsuit is to invalidate the lower court's decision," Felos told the Tampa Tribune Tuesday.

U.S. District Judge Richard Lazzara gave the Schindlers ten days to file an amended version of their lawsuit and offered Felos an additional ten days to respond. He would not, however, block a hearing scheduled for Sept. 11, during which Pinellas-Pasco Florida Circuit Judge George Greer is expected to set a date for Terri Schiavo's feeding tube to be removed.

Attorneys for both sides told reporters after the emergency hearing Tuesday that they do not expect Greer to set that date any earlier than the 20-day period set by the federal court for the Schindlers' amended complaint and Felos' response.

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:13 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #34  quote:

quote:
sowhatsthetruth said this in post #35 :

The entire situation is wierd.
Really, it's been a while since I have had to sift through so much disinformation...and this isn't even geopolitics!

I know!

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:14 AM

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 04:42 AM

post #35  quote:

quote:
mystic said this in post #34 :

Oh...now I understand.

but still...a man "taking" over a mursing home..staff and all?

Its not like there arent any doctors there.

I mean I know abuse in nursing homes happen...but for one man to order people around like that and get away with it with absolutely not one staff member calling social services?

It's very sad what goes on in these places.
Intimidation makes people do stupid things and overlook things as well.
In the nurse's affidavit she stated that she had to do everything Shiavo said or she would be fired. That is odd. He sounds like an extremely controlling person...(not just from this nurse's testimony)...and if that is the case...I am sure I don't have to tell you that extremely controlling people can have a tendency toward abuse.

And I know that my grandmother who is an extremely controlling person became a very bitter and angry woman from having to take care of my grandfather all those years.

I am not trying to make an excuse for behavior...but I am beginning to see this a little differently given my experience in a similar situation. (I know you hate me to do this, but if I can draw on personal experience to understand something, it helps me to understand in some ways.)

Not really for arguments' sake, because like you, I find this entire situation befuddling.

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:14 AM
Find more posts by nikiTa Add nikiTa to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore nikiTa REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #36  quote:

You know what Id like to see...

How is his relationship with the woman he is with now?

I wonder if anyone has witnessed something there?

I mean if he isnt abusive to her??

I wonder if anyone has said anything about that.

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:18 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 12:12 AM

post #37  quote:

quote:
sowhatsthetruth said this in post #21 :
Where is this $700,000?
She has been getting no speech therapy, physical therapy, rehabilitation whatsoever.
The family has been wanting to provide these things, but Schiavo won't allow it.

Divorce her. Why won't he divorce her? Will he not receive this 700K if he divorces her? No wonder he wants her dead as soon as possible.
And with all these other allegations, there may be another motive.

It's all very fishy.

The accusation that he denied her therapy is false. After the malpractice claim, he had her flown to California to try an experimental brain stimulator. He also had an aide work with her on therapy 8 hours a day during at time that she also saw speech and occupational therapists. His lawyer says there is NO money to go to Michael because it was spent all on Terri. As for these accusations, the nurse had an axe to grind. According to Michael and his lawyer the charge nurse said that Michael really got on the nurses if he thought they were not treating Terri very well. She worked with Terri daily for 4 years and said that Terri NEVER was able to swallow.

Why divorce her? He could. It would make his life easier, but he made a promise to the woman he loves and is man enough to honor it. All of these stories are spun from the Schindler side. Why the rift between the families? Because MR. Schindler wanted Terri's half of the money for himself instead of it going to Terri. Yep, daddy tried to shake down the son-in-law for money. Some father.

I should also note that as of 2003 according to Michael Terri has NEVER had even a bed sore and has only had pneumonia once. Controlling, yes, why the hell not? His wife is in the most vulnerable state you can be in. Everyone knows that the patients who have pushy demanding relatives are less likely to be abused in nursing homes.

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:21 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 04:12 PM

post #38  quote:

Needles aren't only used for injecting things INTO People, they're also used for taking things OUT, it's possible her parents heard the rumours and took a blood sample to have her blood tested independantly for insulin, etc.

It's far-fetched, but so are a lot of the other allegations going around.

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:22 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #39  quote:

He does have a young child with this woman.

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:25 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #40  quote:

quote:
fuscia said this in post #40 :

The accusation that he denied her therapy is false. After the malpractice claim, he had her flown to California to try an experimental brain stimulator. He also had an aide work with her on therapy 8 hours a day during at time that she also saw speech and occupational therapists. His lawyer says there is NO money to go to Michael because it was spent all on Terri. As for these accusations, the nurse had an axe to grind. According to Michael and his lawyer the charge nurse said that Michael really got on the nurses if he thought they were not treating Terri very well. She worked with Terri daily for 4 years and said that Terri NEVER was able to swallow.

Why divorce her? He could. It would make his life easier, but he made a promise to the woman he loves and is man enough to honor it. All of these stories are spun from the Schindler side. Why the rift between the families? Because MR. Schindler wanted Terri's half of the money for himself instead of it going to Terri. Yep, daddy tried to shake down the son-in-law for money. Some father.

Thank goodness!!!

Im so glad you are seeing it my way as well!

Thanks for the added info!!

I was so lonely in here for awhile tonight!

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:25 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #41  quote:

I watched two Larry King Live shows that he was on. ONe from 2003 and the one last night. I also have watched the Schindlers on various programs. Michael had evidence. I also have worked at hospitals, and my sister is a nurse who has worked in nursing homes. You have to be the voice for your loved one. I was surprised that Michael tried therapy for Terri for so many years. Did you all know that he had the aide taking her to the mall, going outside, doing her makeup and hair, anything to try to stimulate her and bring her back?

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:28 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #42  quote:

quote:
fuscia said this in post #45 :
I watched two Larry King Live shows that he was on. ONe from 2003 and the one last night. I also have watched the Schindlers on various programs. Michael had evidence. I also have worked at hospitals, and my sister is a nurse who has worked in nursing homes. You have to be the voice for your loved one. I was surprised that Michael tried therapy for Terri for so many years. Did you all know that he had the aide taking her to the mall, going outside, doing her makeup and hair, anything to try to stimulate her and bring her back?

I didnt know that....but Im glad to see that he had evidence backing that up!

There are so many claims that he did nothing...obviously that isnt true!

Thanks for the info!

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:31 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #43  quote:

We need to mention that he turned down 3 million dollars that was offered to him to turn custody of Terri over to her parents. So, if he was after money, he could have had it.

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:34 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 04:12 PM

post #44  quote:

quote:
Why divorce her? He could. It would make his life easier, but he made a promise to the woman he loves and is man enough to honor it.

What promise? His wedding vows? He already broke them by seeing someone else while she was alive. The vows are "till death " not "till PVS".

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:34 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #45  quote:

The promise was to make sure that she did not ever end up with tubes in her body and being dependent on them. Terri is only there in body. Everything that made her Terri is gone. That is a case where you should not throw stones unless you have been in this man's shoes.

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:38 AM
Time: 08:12 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (11): « 12 [3] 45 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Hot Topics > Agree2Disagree > Euthanasia/Right to Die > Michael may not have good intentions.
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: