Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Feedback > Forum Support > Using Inreview on Macs
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 09:45 AM

Using Inreview on Macs post #1  quote:

Whenever I access Inreview from Macs using Internet Explorer, the quoted text appears as a light shade of purple, which makes it almost impossible to read. It is normal in Unix/Solaris and windows.

What is the problem?

Old Post 01-13-2004 04:49 PM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

Local time: 08:45 AM

post #2  quote:

Wow - someone who's actually complaining about us adding a bit of color to the site. Jk...

What version of Internet Explorer?

Old Post 01-13-2004 06:38 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #3  quote:

quote:
Marc Flemming said this in post #2 :
Wow - someone who's actually complaining about us adding a bit of color to the site. Jk...

What version of Internet Explorer?

5.2 or some other version of the 5 series.

Microsoft hasn't upgraded them for a long time, deliberately, I think.

Old Post 01-13-2004 06:51 PM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 10:45 AM

post #4  quote:

I use microsoft internet explorer 6.0 and I dont have that problem.

Old Post 01-13-2004 08:31 PM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

Local time: 06:45 PM

post #5  quote:

Mystic,do u use a Mac?
and it works fine,the microsoft internet explorer on my lap

Old Post 01-13-2004 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Nion a Private Message Find more posts by Nion Add Nion to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Nion REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #6  quote:

quote:
Nion said this in post #5 :
Mystic,do u use a Mac?
and it works fine,the microsoft internet explorer on my lap

No I dont use Mac...I use Windows XP....maybe Mac is the problem with mmaheshwary's usage, cause I use internet explorer all the time, and have never had a problem with it...

Old Post 01-13-2004 09:34 PM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

Local time: 11:45 AM

post #7  quote:

go to 'internet options' and you have the abilty to change the fonts and colors. make sure it is correct. maybe that is the problem? does it happen to other sites you visit also or just INReview?

Old Post 01-13-2004 09:38 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #8  quote:

You said this was MULTIPLE Macs, correct? Or just one? And if so, can anyone try accessing the site from a Mac through Internet Explorer?

Old Post 01-13-2004 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #9  quote:

quote:
Marc Flemming said this in post #8 :
You said this was MULTIPLE Macs, correct? Or just one? And if so, can anyone try accessing the site from a Mac through Internet Explorer?

Marc, I use many different macs, and all have this same problem.

Mystic: We don't have Internet Explorer 6 for macs.

Old Post 01-14-2004 12:21 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #10  quote:

quote:
mmaheshwary said this in post #9 :

Marc, I use many different macs, and all have this same problem.

Mystic: We don't have Internet Explorer 6 for macs.

Maybe they have updates on the microsoft webpage....or is this a work computer you cant do that on? You might want to try that or try what Chodder suggested. Other than that...I wish I could help, but Im clueless on what the problem is.

Old Post 01-14-2004 12:29 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #11  quote:

quote:
mystic said this in post #10 :

Maybe they have updates on the microsoft webpage....or is this a work computer you cant do that on? You might want to try that or try what Chodder suggested. Other than that...I wish I could help, but Im clueless on what the problem is.

No, I do not have adminstrative rights on them, but I will try what chodder is saying. But I doubt it will help though.

Old Post 01-14-2004 12:30 AM

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #12  quote:

I know Christmas just passed - but if anyone wants to get me something for the holidays - I need a Mac.

In the meantime, I'll look into the code and see what I can find.

Old Post 01-14-2004 12:47 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #13  quote:

Meanwhile, I'll go to the library and try to use one of the macs. Maybe I can give you some feedback if you want Marc.

Old Post 01-14-2004 12:50 AM

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #14  quote:

quote:
mmaheshwary said this in post #13 :
Meanwhile, I'll go to the library and try to use one of the macs. Maybe I can give you some feedback if you want Marc.

I just made a change - did it affect the quote you see above this?

If not, are you referring only to the actual QUOTE text itself or also the portion that indicates "xxxx said this in post #XX" as well?

Old Post 01-14-2004 12:57 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #15  quote:

All I can read in black in the quote box right now is '#13'. Everthing else but the smiley is in a very light shade of blue or purple.

Old Post 01-14-2004 01:25 AM
Time: 04:45 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Feedback > Forum Support > Using Inreview on Macs
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: