Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > People > Prince Charles to marry Camilla
Search this Thread:
Pages (3): « 12 [3]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

Local time: 10:04 AM

post #61  quote:

Well the wedding was today but not to many people seemed that intrested, in fact I think it was foreigners that were more intrested than the British.
it would appear that more people watched the Grand national than the wedding, I can see why I mean those horses are a lot more attractive than Camilla.

Old Post 04-09-2005 10:50 PM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 04:04 AM

post #62  quote:

So..he finally married the Dutchess of Cornball huh?

How would you guys like to wake up to that every morning?

Old Post 04-09-2005 11:30 PM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

Local time: 05:04 AM

post #63  quote:

quote:
lodgebo said this in post #62 :
Well the wedding was today but not to many people seemed that intrested, in fact I think it was foreigners that were more intrested than the British.
it would appear that more people watched the Grand national than the wedding, I can see why I mean those horses are a lot more attractive than Camilla.

oh my how clever L

I am w/f an email, do you have a new address?

D

Old Post 04-09-2005 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #64  quote:

Everyone at the weding was specially asked to come by invitation, including the people outside and i like the fact that the royal family were taken away from the blessing in coaches, you would think they would all go in limos or really posh cars, i liked the ceromony though.

Old Post 04-10-2005 12:28 AM
Click here to Send flying panda a Private Message View flying panda's Journal Find more posts by flying panda Add flying panda to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore flying panda REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #65  quote:

Just being honest.

I will get an e - mail to ya in a couple of days promise.

Old Post 04-10-2005 12:29 AM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #66  quote:

i think there was only one protester, but over all the day went well, the weather was nice as well, im sure everyone is releived its all over now.

Old Post 04-10-2005 12:44 AM
Click here to Send flying panda a Private Message View flying panda's Journal Find more posts by flying panda Add flying panda to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore flying panda REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #67  quote:

This wedding is the biggest farce of the century!!~~

Prince Charlie has been committing Adultery with her for 30 years.

You English people think this is an oK deal?

Old Post 04-10-2005 01:22 AM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Ken NJ
INReview Maven

You Think Red State Americans Are Dumb; We Think Same British Lunatics post #68  quote:

Hundreds of thousands of people have taken to the streets of London to voice their opposition to military action against Iraq. Police said it was the UK's biggest ever demonstration with at least 750,000 taking part, although organisers put the figure closer to two million. There were also anti-war gatherings in Glasgow and Belfast - all part of a worldwide weekend of protest with hundreds of rallies and marches in up to 60 countries. (BBC News 2/16/03)

Bush Arrives in Britain Amid Anti-War Anger < -- (Click Here)So there, we Americans are arrogant and don't hold all the pompess, royalties and snots. You don't like who we elected and we don't like who you can't elect as your king and queen. Too bad. It's life. Accept and make the best of it. Time to move on.

A British supporter of the royal family displays a 'God save the queen' placard outside the Guildhall where the wedding of Prince of Wales and his wife Camilla was been celebrated in Windsor.( AFP/Eric Feferberg)

There is something wrong about the press coverage of their future king and queen to ridicule their best day. It reminds me of the British 51% of the idiots who can't let go their feelings for someone who has gone almost 10 years.

This is her best looking day.

Britain's Prince Charles married Camilla Parker Bowles, the true love of his life, in a private civil ceremony that inevitably paled against his storybook wedding to Deceased Princess (AFP/PA/Pool/Tim Ockenden) Britain's Prince Charles with his new wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, following a Service of Prayer and Dedication at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle, Saturday, April 9, 2005, after their earlier civil service wedding at the Guildhall in Windsor . (AP Photo / Stefan Rousseau, Pool)

Of course Camilla is NOT as good looking (to say the least) but she tries to make the best of what God gave her. Both sides of the family come to accept their marriage. Why do the subjects of that country care so much if their future queen must meet pagentry standards? More power to those ugly people over there.

Future king looks like mother

Laura Parker Bowles (L), her grandfather Bruce Shand (L) and Tom Parker Bowles (R) watch as Prince Charles and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall, formerly Camilla Parker Bowles, leave the guildhall where their Royal wedding was celebrated in Windsor .(AFP/Eric Feferberg)

The Prince of Wales and his new bride the Duchess of Cornwall with Britain's Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh during the Service of Prayer and Dedication in St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, England Saturday April 9, 2005. ( AP Photo/ Chris Ison, WPA Pool ) Princess Anne's daughter Zara Phillips talks to her cousins Prince William (R) and Prince Harry (L) outside the Guildhall in Windsor following the civil wedding of their father Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles April 9, 2005. Prince Charles finally married the love of his life on Saturday, in a simple town hall ceremony contrasting sharply with his spectacular cathedral wedding to the ill-fated former Princess . REUTERS/Peter Tarry/WPA/POOL

Set aside the old memories of the fairy tale that didn't come true and time to begin life and live anew. I hope Charles and Camilla live their life in bliss. Why do I care? I don't. What bothers me is all the yahoos out there as if it's sacriligious to do something with their lives. Who's fooling who? She's NOT coming back. Time to bury that hachet for those people still making a mockery of other people.

Who are we Americans to criticize the Duchess of Cornwall's looks with the looks like American celebrity Joan Rivers holding onto her hat outside St. George's Chapel in Windsor Castle, southern England, after the Service of Prayer and Dedication following the marriage ceremony?

Last edited by Ken NJ on 04-10-2005 at 02:04 AM |
Old Post 04-10-2005 01:31 AM
Click here to Send Ken NJ a Private Message Find more posts by Ken NJ Add Ken NJ to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Ken NJ REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 04:04 AM

post #69  quote:

quote:
Ken NJ said this in post #69 :

What's with the tacky gold bow on this girls head? She looks like a badly wrapped gift.

Old Post 04-10-2005 01:46 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Ken NJ
INReview Maven

Cute Match From HEAD To TOE post #70  quote:

I thought you like her pumps.

Come on Mystic, it matches Laura Parker Bowles' golden slippers.

Old Post 04-10-2005 02:08 AM
Click here to Send Ken NJ a Private Message Find more posts by Ken NJ Add Ken NJ to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Ken NJ REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #71  quote:

Too much in breeding will result in this Kenny.

D

Old Post 04-10-2005 02:49 AM

Ken NJ
INReview Maven

Problems With Royalty Inbreeding post #72  quote:

Britain's Prince Charles and his bride Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall greet wellwishers following their marriage blessing at St. George's Chapel in Windsor.(AFP/Alastair Grant)
Isn't the American melting pot great? Our country of commoners with the most cross-breeds produced the most creativity whether in commerce, arts, music, television, filming, technology, sports..... and the list not ending.

Delta, you mean it's the same set of royalty chromosome?

Geraldo Rivera just had talked about the same monarchy family with the Prince Monaco Curse where they ruled 30 generations and inter-married among own royalties to now seem to have lots of problems.

I thought the Grimaldi family broke that tradition when Prince Rainier married American actress Grace Kelly of Phila, not too far from NJ. An April 20, 1956 photo from files of Prince Rainier III of Monaco after his marriage to Hollywood actress Grace Kelly, right, in Monte Carlo. Prince Rainier of Monaco, Europe's longest-serving monarch has died aged 81, Wednesday April 6, 2005. Monaco's royal palace made the announcement Wednesday morning. The Prince has been in intensive care since March 22 with heart, kidney and breathing problems. (AP Photo/PA, fls)

Prince Rainier III of Monaco and Princess Grace, holding Princess Stephanie, pose with their children on the palace steps in Monaco, France in April 1966. At left, foreground is Prince Albert, the second oldest, and at center is Princess Caroline. The Prince and Princess of Monaco will celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary on April 18. (AP Photo)

Then daughter Princess Caroline of Monaco has been marrying several losers and Prince Albert has been rumored to be gay at age 47 now and won't produce an heir to the throne.

Old Post 04-10-2005 04:00 AM

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #73  quote:

I read the biographical story of the combination and her life was one round of FUNCTIONS. She also spit out those kids pretty reguarly. Won't go into the couples relationship here as its off topic but suffice to say Grace wanted so very much to come to the States and make more movies. Ranier as she call.ed him said NO NO NO I WILL STAMP MY FOOT ON YOUR DREAMS FOREVER....

She also had two girls who were spoiled rotten brats and now you say Albert is Gay. omg iT IS a true Fairy Tale LOL
D

Old Post 04-10-2005 06:04 AM

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #74  quote:

Would someone please tell. me wtf Camilla is wearing on top of her head?

It looks like a bird landed and started to build its nest and left before it was done old chap.
d

Old Post 04-10-2005 06:08 AM

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #75  quote:

quote:
Delta said this in post #75 :
Would someone please tell. me wtf Camilla is wearing on top of her head?

It looks like a bird landed and started to build its nest and left before it was done old chap.
d

it is traditional for women to wear hats at wedings (here in England anyway). and of course evryone wants to out-do everyone else, they get designers to make them specially.

btw she only wore that "hat" for the blessing. they had a one and a half hours after it before the blessing in st pauls chapel, so she changed into what we see in the pictures.

Old Post 04-10-2005 08:03 AM

Ken NJ
INReview Maven

Sorta Reminds Me Of Catholic Tradition of Using Tissues On Head/Hair When In Church post #76  quote:

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, formerly Camilla Parker Bowles, walk from St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle after their blessing ceremony and civil wedding.(AFP/Odd Andersen)

WINDSOR, England (AFP) Sunday April 10, 2005

Then the couple, illicit lovers during their prior marriages , took vows of fidelity before a congregation of nearly 800 -- including Charles's parents Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip -- in the chapel at Windsor Castle.

In a Church of England service of blessing in Saint George's Chapel, Charles and Camilla were asked by Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams if they resolved to be faithful to each other, "forsaking all others, so long as you both shall live".

They replied: "That is my resolve, with the help of God."

The two also acknowledged "our manifold sins and wickedness which we, from time to time, most grievously have committed... We do earnestly repent."

* soruce: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...inroyalswedding

Queen Elizabeth (L) stands with Prince Harry (C), Prince William (R) and Prince Phillip (2nd R) following a Service of Prayer and Dedication for Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles at St. George's Chapel in Windsor Castle .(AFP/POOL/Toby Melville)

Last edited by Ken NJ on 04-10-2005 at 08:28 AM |
Old Post 04-10-2005 08:06 AM
Time: 10:04 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (3): « 12 [3]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > People > Prince Charles to marry Camilla
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: