Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > People > Beckham's Birthday Bling
Search this Thread:
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 34 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 12:48 AM

post #31  quote:

ANGRY David Beckham yesterday blew a gasket over coverage of his ?affairs? with Rebecca Loos and Sarah Marbeck.

Speaking at the England squad?s training camp in Sardinia, Beckham said: ?I?ve been called a bad father, I?ve been called a bad husband and my wife has been called a bad mother.

?Things always hurt that are said about my family, and for people to call my wife a bad mother is unbelievable.

?I?m a strong person, I?m a strong family man, I?m a strong husband and a strong father.?

The England captain at first asked for some papers and TV stations to be BANNED from a press conference he was giving ahead of next month?s Euro 2004.

But Beckham finally relented.

He then later told reporters: ?The way I and my family have been treated is an absolute disgrace because at the end of the day I?m a nice person and loving husband and father.?

Becks, 29, was linked to personal assistant Rebecca, 26, last month. Then call girl Sarah 29, said they also had a fling.

But PR guru Max Clifford last night criticised Becks for his amazing attack.

He said: ?The advice I would have given to David is don?t attack the messenger if you don?t like the message.

?You cannot use the media, and then be petulant and childish when they say something you are not happy with. No one has total control of the media.

?Even if you are David Beckham it doesn?t mean you have got the right to determine everything that goes in.

?It is a bad move for David Beckham to act like this, particularly as England captain.?

The star?s outburst comes days after confirming he WILL be staying at Real Madrid.

Victoria, 30, and sons Brooklyn, five, and Romeo, one, are moving to a new home in the Spanish capital. Brooklyn will also be attending school there.

Becks was adamant he was pleased with his first year in Madrid.

Asked if he is at his best when happy in his life, he replied: ?I have enjoyed this season, whatever has gone on and whatever rumours there were about me moving back to England.

Those rumours were never started by me. I was always happy at Real and wanted to stay.

?From the first game onwards I had to prove to people in Spain I could play football as well as sell shirts. I feel I?ve done that.?

And he added: ?The things that have always been said about me have never affected my football. That?s the way it will always be.?

The comments follow his outburst in his last game with Real ? when he called a referee?s assistant ?son of a whore?.

Becks added: ?People have said the red mist is back but these things happen. Sometimes you?re just frustrated and tense.

?I didn?t realise what I said was that bad! I?d heard a few of the players say that to the referee just before I did. Maybe it just came across more aggressively.?

------------------------------------------------------
Fashion flops

BECKS also flipped in the fashion stakes yesterday by wearing white socks with flip-flops, writes Sun fashion writer Toni Jones.

Until recently he could do no wrong when it came to style, but he?s really put his foot in it this time.

The flip-flop faux pas is more David Bellamy than David Beckham.

Pull your polyester socks up Becks, and lose the frumpy footwear.

Old Post 05-26-2004 09:12 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #32  quote:

White Socks with thongs!

Now usually Becks wears something (ie: the sarong, toe-nail polish) and it becomes fashionable becase of who he his and all that. I don't think socks and thongs can ever be fashionable though, unless your over 80 years old

Old Post 05-26-2004 09:41 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #33  quote:

I told Posh to stop singing

SIMON COWELL has told VICTORIA BECKHAM to pack in her pop career ? with all his usual diplomacy.

Pop Idol?s Mr Nasty was so determined to deliver his brutal verdict he even took the former SPICE GIRL out for lunch in Los Angeles recently to do the deed.

Well, I guess someone had to ? let?s face it, it was never going to be hubby DAVID.

I met up with Simon in his new palatial Los Angeles home, where he told me: ?I saw Victoria when she was out here a while ago. I told her I thought she should concentrate on what she is good at and quit the pop.

?I doubt whether her music career will ever get off the ground again, unless she finds an absolutely brilliant song.? But savage Simon isn?t writing Mrs Beckham off altogether.

He said: ?If you ask me, her best asset is her eye for style.

?Fashion is definitely what she should be concentrating her energies on. I told her my advice would be to launch her own clothing range.?

Simon also believes Victoria has an on-screen future ahead of her and is keen to sign her up for a joint TV project. He said: ?I know we would work really well together and she comes across very well on television.

?That?s when you get to see the real Victoria Beckham.?

Posh fans will be pleased to learn she obviously got her own back by having a pop at Simon?s dodgy high-waisted trousers.

He told me: ?You can rest assured when I discussed it with her, one of the first things she pointed out was my own lack of fashion sense.

?I guess I can learn a lot from Victoria as well.?

As we chatted, Simon showed me round his lavish Hollywood home.

It?s an incredible place.

He?s got a Bentley parked outside and there were servants on hand to bring us drinks.

It is an impressive reminder of how successful Simon has become since he became a huge star on the US version of Pop Idol, American Idol.

He earns ?8million a series. The final of the third is set to attract 45million viewers.

It has made him one of the most famous faces in America but he is not sure if he?ll do any more and has pulled out of another UK Pop Idol.

Simon said: ?I worry there isn?t enough fresh talent at the moment for it to work.

?We need to wait for a bit to let a new generation come forward. Where is the new MADONNA, BRITNEY SPEARS, BROS or TAKE THAT going to come from??

Instead, Simon is looking forward to his new UK project ? The X Factor, ITV?s new ?10million talent search for wannabes of all ages.

He said: ?I think the whole thing will be exhausting.

?There are so many more people involved than in Pop Idol and as judges, we?re really putting ourselves on the line.?

What for? A jolly good slapping perhaps . . . ?

You can watch the final of American Idol on Friday night at 8.30pm on ITV2.

Old Post 05-27-2004 09:24 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #34  quote:

BECKHAM UPSETS FELLOW SOCCER WIVES

Victoria Beckham's aloof demeanor has upset the wives of other English soccer stars during their stay at a training base in Sardinia -- where the singer is staying with husband David as he prepares for the Euro 2004 championships.

The former Spice Girl has angered the players' wives -- who have gone out of their way to befriend her and offer support over David's recent alleged infidelities -- by being "unfriendly."

A source tells British newspaper the Daily Mail, "Victoria's behavior is causing problems. All of the wives and girlfriends are nagging their men to ask David why she is being so unfriendly.

"It is the first time she has really spent any time with them, as she often doesn't accompany David to the tournaments for long periods.

"They feel like they have gone out of their way to welcome her to the camp."

The only woman Beckham is reportedly friendly with is Nancy Dell'olio -- girlfriend of British soccer coach Sven Goran Eriksson.

The source adds, "Nancy knows that as the manager's partner she has a special role to be friendly to everyone. As the captain's wife Victoria should be the same."

Old Post 06-01-2004 04:31 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #35  quote:

She's probably suspicious about them all trying to creep into bed with him !!

Old Post 06-01-2004 04:32 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #36  quote:

BECKHAM ANGRY OVER VANITY FAIR SNUB

Victoria Beckham is reportedly furious she has been left off the cover of the prestigious Vanity Fair magazine this July when husband David graces it.

The former Spice Girl was allegedly hoping to appear alongside her Real Madrid soccer star spouse on the style bible's front cover -- and is upset over the decision to include David without her.

A source explains, "David Beckham may not be a household name in the States but he still has plenty of pulling power with the fashion set.

"He was voted one of Vanity Fair's best dressed men in a poll last year. But Victoria doesn't carry the same weight.

"Of course, she's chuffed that David is going to be on the cover but, as far as she's concerned, the Spice Girls were huge in the States so she can't understand why Vanity Fair only wanted him."

Old Post 06-01-2004 04:57 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #37  quote:

quote:
"Of course, she's chuffed that David is going to be on the cover but, as far as she's concerned, the Spice Girls were huge in the States so she can't understand why Vanity Fair only wanted him."

I can't belive she is still trying to cash in on the Spice Girls fame. Get over it love, time to move on, the Spice Girls are done.

Old Post 06-01-2004 04:59 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #38  quote:

POSH'S COVER STORY

She's not front page news for top mag

Poor Victoria Beckham. Her obsession with making "brand Beckham" a worldwide force has once again left her with a huge splattering of egg on her face.

The former Spice Girl is said to be upset after failing to make the front cover of prestigious US magazine Vanity Fair.

Bosses of the celebrity style bible ruled her out of having any role in husband David's appearance on the cover of its July issue. And the singer is said to be far from happy.

The New York-based magazine executives see England captain and Real Madrid midfielder Becks, 29, as a sporting icon.

So, despite his alleged fling with former PA Rebecca Loos, they dispatched veteran photographer Annie Leibovitz - famed for her portraits of some of the biggest showbiz names - to Madrid for the shoot. But sadly for Victoria, her services were not required.

"David Beckham may not be a household name in the States but he still has plenty of pulling power with the fashion set," a magazine source tells us.

"He was voted one of Vanity Fair's best dressed men in a poll last year. But Victoria doesn't carry the same weight."

A joint appearance on the cover would have done wonders for Posh's bid to make the couple household names in America.

But while British-based magazines are falling over themselves to get their hands on the pair, in America it's a different story.

Last year, she and David attended the MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles and presented a gong as part of their bid to raise their profile.

But most of their much-hyped appearance ended up on the cutting-room floor rather than on US screens, with an MTV exec saying that they were insufficiently known to warrant anything more than a "fleeting glimpse".

The mum-of-two also spent several weeks in New York with hip-hop mogul Damon Dash, attempting to reinvent herself as a "hip-pop" star. But that, too, failed to reignite her music career... so much so she is now set to release her forthcoming single on the internet.

"Of course, she's chuffed that David is going to be on the cover but, as far as she's concerned, the Spice Girls were huge in the States so she can't understand why Vanity Fair only wanted him," says a source.

"It would have generated the type of publicity over there that money can't buy.

"Unless Victoria quickly manages to do something pretty big, her dreams for this international 'brand Beckham' thing will fade away."

Old Post 06-01-2004 05:11 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #39  quote:

quote:
"Unless Victoria quickly manages to do something pretty big, her dreams for this international 'brand Beckham' thing will fade away."

Oh well, they're still big in Japan!

Old Post 06-01-2004 05:12 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #40  quote:

That's shoebiz, Posh

VICTORIA BECKHAM has finally found a job she should be half-decent at ? designing shoes.

With her singing career decidedly down at heel, Posh will put her heart and sole into designing pricey footwear for top label Gina.

Bosses there asked her if she would be interested in launching her own range of expensive shoes.

With the number of fancy heels she has bought I would think she will be something of an expert.

Many a credit card has taken a battering in Gina stores ? believe me, I?ve been there. They can cost over a thousand quid a pair.

Just this week in London?s Knightsbridge branch of Gina I spotted MARTINE McCUTCHEON trying on a bargain basement pair selling for ?just? ?300.

Victoria has already made some sketches of shoes and her finished products are likely to sport a VB logo.

A pal said last night: ?When the offer came in Victoria said ?yes? straight away. She loves shoes and has a really good eye for what is cool and what?s not.

?She is a style icon and is confident she will come up with some sexy designs.

?Regardless of what you think of her singing career, nobody can dispute that she has great fashion sense.

But shoes aren?t the only designer iron in the fire for Posh at the moment.

She is bringing out a range of beauty products, including a face cream to rival Cr?me de la Mer, which sells at around ?100 a pot.

The deal comes as Victoria branches out in a bid to build brand-Beckham across the world.

She will tie up her buckling pop career with one more single then concentrate on promoting the style credentials of herself and David.

I say good luck to her. I reckon it?s time for Victoria to say ?cobblers? to singing ... this shoe thing might just work.

Old Post 06-04-2004 09:59 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #41  quote:

Something's I never thought I?d never see ? her Ladyship VICTORIA BECKHAM on public transport.

It seems she isn?t too, er, Posh, to use a tram. Victoria, with sons Brooklyn and Romeo and her dad Tony, boarded one in Manchester on Saturday to go to watch her husband David play for England in a friendly against Iceland.

She clung on to a few diva points by demanding a security guard accompanied her.

And she was dressed from head to toe in exclusive designer gear. Mind you, that could all change. Last week I spotted her bargain hunting for clothes.

At this rate, she?ll be removing expensive bubbly from her shopping list and replacing it with Babycham and Pot Noodles.

Old Post 06-08-2004 08:01 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #42  quote:

BECKHAMS RENEW WEDDING VOWS

Celebrity supercouple David and Victoria Beckham celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary Sunday by renewing their wedding vows in a top-secret ceremony in Morocco.

According to reports in British newspaper the Sunday Mirror, the pair hope that the blessing will put their troubled marriage back on track, which was rocked earlier this year by allegations David had an affair with his personal assistant Rebecca Loos.

A close friend of the family says. "David and Victoria Beckham are real people and they have been through the mill. They needed to do something to put their romance back on track and this was perfect.

"They believe the best way to heal the rifts are to be alone and together in paradise. What better way to celebrate their anniversary than by renewing their wedding vows?"

The couple opted for a traditional Christian ceremony on the grounds of a hotel in the exclusive Amanjena resort on the outskirts of Marrakesh.

A hotel source says "It was a special instruction. They wanted to know if our (priest) would be available on Sunday and we duly booked him."

The Beckhams have been making the most of their two-week break and have been spotted shopping at a local street market and an art gallery

Old Post 07-07-2004 05:39 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #43  quote:

BECKHAMS COURT CAMERAS ON ROMANTIC GETAWAY

Superstar couple David and Victoria Beckham have been enjoying the attention of photographers on their recent holiday -- despite billing the trip as a romantic getaway.

The former Spice Girl and her soccer ace husband lounged by the pool at Morocco's plush Amanjena Hotel as paparazzi snapped their every move. And neither star seemed to mind being the center of attention.

One onlooker says, "They seemed conscious that they were surrounded by cameras and were playing up to it.

"Victoria was feeding David crumbs from her lunch and loudly asking a waiter what the Spanish was for 'hello.'

"It was an odd question as all the staff spoke Arabic. Maybe she thought Morocco was in Spain."

Old Post 07-07-2004 05:41 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #44  quote:

A lot of people think they will be divorced by the end of the year, but I think they have a genuine relationship, not one of these Hollywood sixty second fling marriages. I think they can make it and I hope they do.

Then again, I thought the same thing about Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman........

Old Post 07-07-2004 06:42 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #45  quote:

BECKHAM'S SHOPPING SPREE IN MOROCCO

Victoria Beckham has supplied a massive financial boost to retailers on the bustling streets of Marrakech, Morocco -- after spending $45,000 in one shop.

The pop star -- who is in the African country on a intimate break with her soccer-playing husband David -- was so impressed by the goods on offer in a store full of Moroccan artifacts, she purchased a massive haul of antiques, furniture and carpets for the couple's mansion in England.

And the celebrity couple were so thrilled with their new possessions, they invited shop owner Abdul Khalid to join them at their plush villa on the outskirts of Marrakech to discuss shipping arrangements.

A source says, "She was enchanted by everything she saw. I'm sure Victoria and David would have cleared out the whole store if they could have."

Old Post 07-12-2004 04:16 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #46  quote:

Man. It must be a hard life

Old Post 07-12-2004 05:36 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #47  quote:

BECKHAM'S PRICEY PRESENT FOR IN-LAWS

Soccer star David Beckham has splashed out on a $144,000 Range Rover for his wife Victoria's parents, to apologize for all the media pressure stemming from his alleged infidelities.

Last month Victoria's mother Jackie Adams went on a local radio station to angrily dismiss recent media allegations that the couple are unhappy.

Before the Beckhams left England for a romantic getaway in Morocco, the sports star gave Jackie and her husband Tony the dark silver Vogue, complete with leather interior, satellite navigation, DVD player and LCD TV screens.

A family friend says, "It was a gift to say sorry for all the hassle he had put Tony, Jackie and their daughter through.

"David felt it was necessary to say thank you for their support. When Victoria is unhappy, her parents are unhappy. David hates that he put them through all that."

Old Post 07-12-2004 05:38 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #48  quote:

I'll say it again ...

Man. It must be a hard life.

Old Post 07-12-2004 05:38 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #49  quote:

GOOD to see POSH and BECKS keeping it real during a stay at ELTON JOHN?s plush mansion in the South of France.

Instead of using Sir Elton?s ?6,000-a-month chef, the pair were chauffeured out of the estate ? and driven to McDonald?s.

It shows the Beckhams are just like the rest of us ? some days you just HAVE to have a Big Mac.

Old Post 07-14-2004 03:48 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #50  quote:

Having just come from England though I have to say, you need to be as rich as the Beckhams to be able to afford to go to McDonalds

Old Post 07-14-2004 03:50 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #51  quote:

Posh's terror over ranting petrol nut

Arson attack scare ... Posh and Becks

TREMBLING Victoria Beckham was left fearing for her life when an intruder was grabbed as he ?ranted and raved? about her husband David outside their mansion.

Posh, 30, was in Beckingham Palace just with little sons Brooklyn and Romeo as the raider got set to torch the house.

The 38-year-old intruder, who has a history of mental illness, was carrying petrol and is also thought to have had a crowbar and chisel.

He had some weird notes on him ? and white powder believed to be a controlled drug.

He was intercepted by security guards after scaling the Hertfordshire spread?s 7ft perimeter wall on Sunday night.

Targeted ... Beckingham Palace, where Posh was watching TV with only her little sons in the house

Football idol Beckham, 29, was not there at the time. The England skipper was in Spain preparing to report for pre-season training with his Real Madrid team-ma

Old Post 07-20-2004 04:00 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #52  quote:

Posh's terror over ranting petrol nut

Arson attack scare ... Posh and Becks

TREMBLING Victoria Beckham was left fearing for her life when an intruder was grabbed as he ?ranted and raved? about her husband David outside their mansion.

Posh, 30, was in Beckingham Palace just with little sons Brooklyn and Romeo as the raider got set to torch the house.

The 38-year-old intruder, who has a history of mental illness, was carrying petrol and is also thought to have had a crowbar and chisel.

He had some weird notes on him ? and white powder believed to be a controlled drug.

He was intercepted by security guards after scaling the Hertfordshire spread?s 7ft perimeter wall on Sunday night.

Targeted ... Beckingham Palace, where Posh was watching TV with only her little sons in the house

Football idol Beckham, 29, was not there at the time. The England skipper was in Spain preparing to report for pre-season training with his Real Madrid team-mates. A source close to the Beckhams said:

Victoria is shaken up. She only had the children with her when the man broke into the grounds.

He was ranting and raving about David. He wasn?t really making any sense but the terrifying thing was that he had petrol with him.

Neither Victoria nor David can bear to think what he was planning to do with it.

It looks as if he was deliberately targeting the property for whatever reason.

Alert ... how CCTV may have seen raider

He knew exactly where he was and where he was going. He had intent to cause some kind of damage.

Ex-Spice Girl Victoria, who was watching TV after returning from her French holiday with Becks, fled the ?5million mansion in Sawbridgeworth following the drama.

She took Brooklyn, five, and 22-month-old Romeo to the home of her parents Tony and Jackie in nearby Cheshunt.

The source said: ?Nothing matters more to her than the safety of her family. It is very spooky for her to think someone managed to get past the gates and into the grounds.

?Victoria and David are constantly fearful for their security because they have so much attention focused on them.?

Arson kit ... maniac was caught with a petrol can

The unnamed intruder lives just two miles from Beckingham Palace. It is thought he triggered a sophisticated alarm system after scrambling over the 24-acre estate?s wall.

He was tracked by a network of CCTV cameras that feed into a control centre manned by a security team. And five guards pounced on him as he neared the house.

Police were alerted. They sent a helicopter and patrol cars within minutes.

The man was arrested and taken away for questioning. He was later released on police bail pending further inquiries.

The white powder in his possession has been sent for forensic tests.

Tools ... nut had a crowbar

The Beckhams spent a fortune fortifying the mansion after an alleged bid to kidnap Victoria and her sons was foiled in November 2002.

Five men were charged by police. But a judge later threw out the case after ruling that a witness who had a conviction for dishonesty was ?unreliable?.

The Sun

Old Post 07-20-2004 04:00 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #53  quote:

I just love the photos of the CCTV, petrol can and crowbar in that article. Classics.

Old Post 07-20-2004 04:01 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #54  quote:

Duh, obvisouly you use a crow bar (see image, above) and you douse it all with fuel from your petrol can (see image, above) but make sure you don't get caught on the CCTV system (see image, above).

Old Post 07-20-2004 07:14 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #55  quote:

POSH FLEES TO FRANCE AFTER INTRUDER INCIDENT

Victoria Beckham spent an incredible $45,000 to fly to France Tuesday -- just a day after an armed intruder broke into her English mansion.

The former Spice Girl -- who is married to soccer ace David Beckham -- chartered a private jet to an industrial estate near Cannes, in the south of France, taking her two sons, dad Tony and a group of friends with her.

While there, Victoria bought some soft furnishings and a brochure, before flying to her family villa nearby and then back to London's Stansted Airport early Tuesday night.

A source says, "Victoria's always had a canny eye for bargains but this was a bit of an expensive way to do the shopping.

"Luckily for her, there was a sale on, but even by her standards, this was a long and pricey way to go to buy some sofas."

Old Post 07-22-2004 03:18 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #56  quote:

Honestly, that is insane.

Old Post 07-22-2004 03:19 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #57  quote:

Beckham Intruder A 'Nazi Fanatic'

The man tackled inside the grounds of Victoria and David Beckham's mansion is a Nazi fanatic whose flat is covered in Adolf Hitler memorabilia.

The unnamed 38-year-old left former Spice Girl Victoria terrified on Sunday (18JUL04) night when security grabbed him at the Hertfordshire property while carrying petrol and screaming about soccer superstar David.

The Real Madrid ace was not at the property at the time of the incident.

The Sun reports the man has a swastika carved into his front door at his home in nearby Harlow and regularly irritates neighbours by playing loud music.

He has also been treated in a local psychiatric unit, and has been banned from a number of local pubs.

One neighbour tells the publication, "He is a complete nightmare - the neighbour from hell. He blasts his music day and night with no let-up."

Another adds, "He plays nasty racial, skinhead stuff. We are always complaining to the police and the council. But nothing ever gets done."

Victoria was watching television with sons Brooklyn, five, and Romeo, 22 months, when the man was intercepted by security. She swiftly drove them to her parents home.

Cops arrested the man before releasing him on police bail on Monday (19JUL04).

Old Post 07-22-2004 06:37 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #58  quote:

Damn those Nazis!!! What does a Nazi Fanatic what with David Beckham anyway?

Old Post 07-22-2004 06:50 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #59  quote:

Posh flop finishes off label Jul 26 2004

By Beth Hardie, icReporter

Posh's disastrous attempt at a comeback was the last straw for record label Telstar - which has gone bust.

According to The Sun, the company invested over ?1million in promoting the former Spice Girl, hoping she would find chart success.

But after her first single bombed and her album produced by hip-hop mogul Damon Dash was canned, Telstar paid the price.

Chairman Neil Palmer blamed lack of radio support for British artists and illegal internet downloading.

He said: ?The perilous state of the once great UK record industry bodes badly for this sector.?

The label, which once the biggest independent label in Britain, was formed in 1982 and found success with the Jive Bunny compilations.

Recent hit-signings include R&B artists Mis-Teeq and Craig David.

Old Post 07-27-2004 10:25 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #60  quote:

quote:
schmiggens said this in post #65 :
Chairman Neil Palmer blamed lack of radio support for British artists and illegal internet downloading.

That sounds like a cop-out to me.

Mostly all you hear in the UK is English artists. I got so sick of Blue and Girls Aloud when I was in England, if I'd seen them on the street I would have punched them in the face.

Old Post 07-27-2004 10:27 AM
Time: 04:48 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 34 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > People > Beckham's Birthday Bling
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: