Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Politics & Government > Law > California: Lawmakers Pass Gay "Marriage" Bill
Search this Thread:
Pages (4): « First « 23 [4]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
bitwiz44
Banned

Local time: 04:42 AM

Cool post #91  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Marlene Newell

I know this is for this thread, but I think your mention of the anti-Christ deserves an answer.

The term is used in two different ways. One in the very general way in which you used it, meaning anything that is opposed to Christ's teachings is anti-Christ. Simple enough. But, all of us, every single person, at one time or another, and often quite frequently, and sometimes for long periods of time, are anti-Christ. Is homosexual behavior itself against Christ's teachings? Yes, but so is fornication and a whole list of activities you repeatedly brag about in your posts. Maybe you are making up the activities, creating an alter-ego quite different from your real being, and you don't really engage in those activities in real life. But that itself is anti-Christ.

The other usage of the term refers to a specific individual who will be instrumental in turning much of the world away from God in the last days before armeggeddon. You can read about this anti-Christ in the Book of Revelations, and also in Daniel. KJ definitely is not this person.

point taken! Actually It a good clear way of defining 'Anti -christ".

And Sorry..I am that "Dog ". Maybe I need a stout christian woman to clean me up?

Old Post 09-21-2003 05:02 PM
Click here to Send bitwiz44 a Private Message Find more posts by bitwiz44 Add bitwiz44 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore bitwiz44 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

Local time: 05:42 AM

post #92  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KJ
Thank You, Marlene. If I'm an anti-Christ person, I would have to stop going to church, stop praying, stop a lot of things. But I definately don't "turn people away from God." Thank you.... I appreciate your comments.

Just wanted to comment about this. KJ, this is not about me saying how you could be the Anti-Christ, because you love God, so you don't qualify... however; are you aware that Satan goes to church, knows the Bible inside and out, and is an angel of light.. not of darkness? People cast a dark image about him. You see horns, red face and body, grotesque features, etc, however; the Bible states he appears as an angel of light. He was actually an extremely beautiful creation of God. I think if I'm not mistaken, his body was like musical instruments and his role was overseeing music. Can someone clarify this? If so, imagine how he so clever concerning the effect of music on people's behaviors.

He's very much able to lead people astray because he knows what God's Word says, and he is able to manipulate the words to confuse and trick people into believing lies about God.

As for church... have you ever seen Christians in church when they don't live for God? ... you would think they were working for Satan himself at times. Envious of other Christians gifts, talents, looks, money... etc etc. That's all brought to church. Anti-christ like behavior is not left at the door at church, then picked up again while exiting the church.

Old Post 09-21-2003 06:13 PM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 02:42 AM

post #93  quote:

Yes, THAT I can agree with. I don't think that there NEEDS to be parades with men in next to nothing, strutting their stuff. It seems it becomes more and more about sex. That's not what I'm about... I'm just a person. I just want to have basic rights... but I don't get out there, in peoples faces! Unfortunatley... people, in general, can cause there to be bad stero-types of any race, gender, etc...

Old Post 09-21-2003 06:30 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

helen55
In the Now Guru

Local time: 03:42 AM

post #94  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bitwiz44

point taken! Actually It a good clear way of defining 'Anti -christ".

And Sorry..I am that "Dog ". Maybe I need a stout christian woman to clean me up?

BIT I'm impressed... A Christian woman is GOOD you are thinking along real GOOD you need lots of enouragement along the way now... just make sure you don't fall for a stout woman from an anti-Christ Church -- she won't teach the truth, but she'll make her version of the heavens sound so sweet you may fall for it, especially if you think you may have been a Dog at some point before.

Old Post 09-21-2003 08:30 PM
Click here to Send helen55 a Private Message Find more posts by helen55 Add helen55 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore helen55 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

helen55
In the Now Guru

post #95  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KJ
Yes, THAT I can agree with. I don't think that there NEEDS to be parades with men in next to nothing, strutting their stuff. It seems it becomes more and more about sex. That's not what I'm about... I'm just a person. I just want to have basic rights... but I don't get out there, in peoples faces! Unfortunatley... people, in general, can cause there to be bad stero-types of any race, gender, etc...

I completely agree... those parades are anti-gay if anything is. It stereotyps them as perverts and sex addicts which was the inital impression of the early gays from the 1920's - promiscious and irresponsible. The same rules affect any part of the society which wants to get attention... usually it is negative attention unless the people are smart and reasonable about it.

I have several gay friends in SF, and a few here in Az as well, who are very brilliant, educated, interesting, extremely successful at what they do, monogamous, just perfect citizens as far as I'm concerned... I never even think about their sexual preference ... I dont think about what my next door neighbors do behind closed doors - I have no idea what the trio (MMF) is up to and I could care less... they seem to be just fine polite people like anyone else... even if I could suspect something IS going on if I was that type... my other neighbor actually asked me what I thought about them and I said i liked them a lot. period. I can't believe people are still into gossip... what a soapy view of life

Old Post 09-21-2003 08:45 PM
Click here to Send helen55 a Private Message Find more posts by helen55 Add helen55 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore helen55 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #96  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by helen55

I have several gay friends in SF , and a few here in Az as well, who are very brilliant, educated, interesting, extremely successful at what they do, monogamous, just perfect citizens as far as I'm concerned... I never even think about their sexual preference ... I dont think about what my next door neighbors do behind closed doors - I have no idea what the trio (MMF) is up to and I could care less... they seem to be just fine polite people like anyone else... even if I could suspect something IS going on if I was that type... my other neighbor actually asked me what I thought about them and I said i liked them a lot. period. I can't believe people are still into gossip... what a soapy view of life

You just did think of their sexual preference. You said "I have several gay friends"

That's setting them apart as opposed to "I have several friends"

I know you're only making a point. I have a gay neighbor, but I don't say " I have a gay friend" or... So-and-so came over today.. you know... the gay one? As if they wouldn't know who so-and-so is since they are a common friend. Why point out?

It's no different than saying, I talked to a black man in the store today, and he said........

I always do this, so don't take offense. I always ask the person talking if it mattered what color the skin was. They would say, why do you ask? I would say, because you just pointed out they were black and I was wondering if your story had anything to do with them being black.... why not just say "I talked to a man in the store today, and he said.....

Hey, here's a trend we can start! Hey whatsyourname... you know.. the one with the wheelchair.

Hey gay friend.. how ya doing?
I'm cool white woman. Have you seen our black friend?

Yeah.. he ran off with the indian friend.

Oh ok... catch ya later...me and the Chinese friend are going out tonight.

I've had too much caffine I think!

Old Post 09-21-2003 09:01 PM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool post #97  quote:

Can I have some?

Old Post 09-21-2003 10:51 PM
Click here to Send bitwiz44 a Private Message Find more posts by bitwiz44 Add bitwiz44 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore bitwiz44 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

helen55
In the Now Guru

post #98  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kookaburra

You just did think of their sexual preference. You said "I have several gay friends"

<snip>

Oh ok... catch ya later...me and the Chinese friend are going out tonight.

I've had too much caffine I think!

I was shocked for a second but you are right... I have said these things when it was not necessary at all, like complaining to my neighbor how it is impossbile to find a mexican who talks English so I could hire one of them to take care of my landscaping, and laughing about us not speaking any Spanish - after all we life in the USA so we should speak Spanish, at least in the south we should. A neutral position would be to discuss how we can over come the language barrier... Europe has dealt with it just fine for hundreds of years ... It would be easier for Americans to learn Spanish and I think it would do good to our HS kids to know a few foreign languages...

But I really don't think I am racists or discriminate in any way (except those in my black book for deeds against God and humanity in general) - I have also started to notice that when I travel in the third world countries - I don't see the people living under those horrible conditions equally as if they were here in our country. Somehow distance or culture or magnitude of their problems removes part of their humanity, and am I to a great deal blaming them for their problems too? It seems to be human nature to try to blame someone for their own fate, rather than dealing with it neutrally. Initially AIDS was treated like that and thank God that has changed with education. The good sign is that we can change.

I grew up without any of these issues to deal with until I came to this country... so I guess at least I was not brought up by biggotry around me but I get really obnoxious when I see some of the wealthy B*S in Scottsdale treat "servants" with disrespect... it shows such low class in THEM and I have made a scene a few times walking over to the next table after they gave their outrageous comments to a waitress about the cook's food she had to serve.

We discriminate all the time with people in various positions... I often in a hurry don't look at the waitress when I'm ordering and I think that is rude - she is not a robot... but it seems to be a habit from when I had little spare time ... any diversity training seminars I took have been a joke.

Old Post 09-21-2003 11:34 PM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool post #99  quote:

quote:

I often in a hurry don't look at the waitress when I'm ordering and I think that is rude -

Hmmm...I be looking for her name tag... is that rude?

Old Post 09-22-2003 01:03 AM

MrJukoVette
In the Now Guru

post #100  quote:

But I really don't think I am racists or discriminate in any way

One point i just HAVE to make. If you really want to fight racism, just dont think about it. If you dont like mexicans, dont be friends with them - it's your right. Just dont think and talk about it - and racism will go away itself.

Old Post 09-22-2003 03:29 AM
Click here to Send MrJukoVette a Private Message Find more posts by MrJukoVette Add MrJukoVette to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MrJukoVette REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Solution? post #101  quote:

Tonights Episode of "nip/tuck" May have provided the answer to this delima.

Observation is this:
Gay and Lesbian ....In Gays...one of them believes He is more 'woman' than man. In Lesbians one of them believes she is All Man. God Made a slight mistake and they just got to be the wrong gender.
So...Have a 'Gender change". in the case of Gays..if you think your a woman..Be one. And for the lesbian that thinks she Is all man...Change and BE one.

Its easy for A lesbian to 'Think" she can be all man..However when it hits the bottom line.. She will fall short compared to a "real" man...a "mans" man. Same goes for gay men..Try being real woman..you cannot.
So have gender change and.....Problem solved

Old Post 09-24-2003 05:24 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 02:42 AM

post #102  quote:

Bit... just a comment. Don't know if this is YOUR opinion as well as what you saw on this show... just posting a response, nothing "aimed" at you personally.

Not ALL gays and lesbians view themselves in these roles. That's sterotyping. Many don't fit those roles. We are just who we are. I'm a woman... I'm in a relationship with a woman. I don't feel I'm a man, don't want to BE a man. Neither does my partner. Many of my friends that are gay would also say the same.

And... if they do feel that way, it really doesn't matter. To each their own!

Old Post 09-24-2003 05:29 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool post #103  quote:

Saw it on the Show...Thought I'd Share...

Old Post 09-24-2003 05:35 AM

seal3k
Enthusiast

Local time: 10:42 AM

post #104  quote:

yup

Old Post 12-21-2003 07:06 AM
Click here to Send seal3k a Private Message Find more posts by seal3k Add seal3k to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore seal3k REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

MikeShinodaWB
Enthusiast

my turn! post #105  quote:

welp, now i am going to state my opinion on the matter. and wutever i say is not aimed towards ne one, and not out to kill u. just a forwarning:

i have been researching the gay "'situations'" going on around the world. How Germany allows gay's to wed w/ all the legal rights and crap, and how the US is starting to follow in suit.

First line i want to say is: why do we do all of this and still call our selves "On Nation Under God"? and why does our money still read: "In God We Trust''? It's obviously not true, this gay pride stuff being one thing. No one jump on me about religion, because i am not going to use God as my back up, as seeing u all will just kick my ass and beat me to the ground if i do so. but, the truth is, we're NOT a nation under God. Yes, we do have Christians. but some dont even follow God's law **gay's included** and the others arent Christians at all. So, in my opinion there *i hate to say it tho* we should remove those lines unless we decided to actually abide by them

second point: i dont agree with gay marriges. not only because of my religion, but in my own worldy pov its just nasty. two of the same sex messing around with each other is just flat out wrong. im already disgusted by the fact people are having sex at age 14 and so many other disturbing relationships are going on. gays are not an exception. i cant surf the web any more w/o finding something that has to do w/ gays. its like they want to take over or something. yea, they can fight for their rights. but when they want all the attention they are going for, it annoys you after a while. you dont see a pop up saying: straight? need a date? well, come here and finally fit in.
the fact that i HAVE seen pop ups like this is so utterly stupid! oh wow, i have to go to certain sites to fit in! when some of u are saying: hey, why r u singling us out b/c we're gay? i hafta say, you are all singling ur selves out. ur saying: hey im gay, lookit me! i'm different and there aint nothin u can do about it. and thats flat out dumb. i dont strut around saying im straight and that i should get attention for it. b/c no one with really care, they'll just roll their eyes and call me desperate. so why do gays single themselves out? hmmm??? u have NO RIGHT to say we are putting u in the spot light when u are doing it to urselves in the first place! >_<;;

third point: i personally dont like seeing straights get scolded at b/c we dont agree w/ gays. obviously u dont care much for straights. so dont go pressuring us! the only time i lashed out on someone, wuz when i found someone who thought two members of linkin park were gay, and in truth they werent. but, when i see a gay couple and walk away fast because i dont want to c them, ppl send me the death glare and go: do u have a problem?
so, yea, maybe i do....but, i still dont think that if we dont agree u cant attack us for that reason. i dont think we should attack blacks, and blacks cant attack us for wut our ancestors did. so, why should gays be allowed to attack the US and say that they have every right we do?
one-they dont. marriage is meant to be between a woman and a man, thats it. not a dog and a woman or a cat and a man. and not a woman and a woman or man and man. it just wasnt meant to be that way, u kno?
think of this totally out of proportion idea:
if animals were gay, then they couldnt breed right? so...eventually there would be nothing to eat b/c all the females would have been w/ each others and the males w/ males. so...where do the kids come from? BING, there arent ne.
and same w/ the gay ppl...if we have so many gay couples, where the hell is the next generation gonna go? we'll run outta ppl....and so on.
but yea, thats outta proportion i know, so dont bite my head off.

i saw how many ppl were yelling back and forth at each other, and seriously i want to track u down and bite ur heads off! everyone of u did have ur background crap, and all....but u also said a bunch of junk that was utterly stupid! like, saying man wrote the bible so screw it!
one- man did NOT fully write the bible...God wuz there, telling them wut to put on the pages. and envisioned ppl w/ wut to put. and also, other stories were based on something God had done in that person's life. -_-;; but that's offtopic.

anywayz: gays dont have the right to wed. in my opinion, in thousands of others opinion, and in God's opinion. I dont care if ur wiccan, buddist, satanic or anything else: its still flat out WRONG.
now that they are getting the false right to wed. ((and obviously it cant be false now huh?)) they think they are all high and powerful and should get all the attention in the world.
a ton of ppl are gonna jump on each other for this crap. and soon its gonna lead to: hey! they can marry a male! so why cant i go screw a dog???
things are going to lead up to more and more and more crap that no one wants to deal with. and, yea the gays started it.
and some ppl tell me that the black did. and no they didnt, b/c they are human and they have every right that whites do. so, they shouldnt have been treated the way they were.
so, yes. the gays started it and theres nothing they can do about it. and soon we're all gonna be in deep crap b/c others are gonna want their rights to do things that are utterly unheard of.

so, im gonna stop here...and i have allot more to say, so be lookin for me. >_<;;
and as i said before: no total offence to anyone, this is just my cruddy opinion right? b/c its not going to affect ur life, but let me tell u: gays are effecting my life! BY FAR! some of them are even ruinging it. so DONT yell at me for messin with u!

that's all i have to say for now......for now, being the key words

Old Post 03-19-2004 08:20 PM
Click here to Send MikeShinodaWB a Private Message Visit MikeShinodaWB's homepage! Find more posts by MikeShinodaWB Add MikeShinodaWB to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MikeShinodaWB REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 10:42 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (4): « First « 23 [4]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Politics & Government > Law > California: Lawmakers Pass Gay "Marriage" Bill
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: