Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Feedback > Forum News & Announcements > Reward Points! (Updated: 4/3/04)
Search this Thread:
Pages (7): « 12 [3] 45 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
chodder
INRH4xx0r^

Local time: 03:01 PM

post #61  quote:

no, im asking how many a moderator can give to one person. lets say i post a very good opinion and it is well written and it fits the description, my question is how many points can a moderator give to that person for just that post? i have 15 points now, but i have only been sent 2 notifcations. so im guessing you can give more than 5 points per good post? does that make sense?

Old Post 01-12-2004 10:26 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

Local time: 12:01 PM

post #62  quote:

We don't pick the number of points each and every time a reward goes out. We pick a pre-defined reason that has "x" number of points associated with that reason.

For example, ALL "Finder's Fee" rewards are worth 5 points. Creating and being rewarded for an "Exceptional Post" will yield the author 25 points.

Old Post 01-12-2004 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #63  quote:

Well Chodder at least you have points! Not like me. What does aperson have to do to get a notificarion spill thier blood?
D

Old Post 01-13-2004 05:39 AM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #64  quote:

Delta... if you nominate a post, as stated, and we reward that post, you will get a 5 point finders fee. If someone else nominates one of your posts, and it is something within the categories of the rewards, you will get some points.

Old Post 01-13-2004 05:42 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Wolf_eyes
Veteran

post #65  quote:

I measure years by school years...that why it seems like two to me (I work in a public high school). My apologies. Any way, do back posts count?

Old Post 01-13-2004 02:16 PM
Click here to Send Wolf_eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Wolf_eyes Add Wolf_eyes to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Wolf_eyes REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #66  quote:

KJ Yeah yeah yeah all work and no rewards for Delta, Just kidding!!!!

Old Post 01-13-2004 06:04 PM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #67  quote:

I'd say: sure. If someone stumbles upon an old post and wants to nominate it - why not? Sounds good to me.

Old Post 01-13-2004 06:37 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Wolf_eyes
Veteran

post #68  quote:

Excellent! now how do I nominate a post....?(way to pay attention, wolfie)

Old Post 01-13-2004 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Wolf_eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Wolf_eyes Add Wolf_eyes to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Wolf_eyes REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #69  quote:

At the bottom of each post, you will see little boxes. One of them says "Report / Nominate post."

If you're wanting to nominate someone else's post, you need to click on the right side of that little bar, over the word nominate... and then, you will be taken to another screen, where you will put an explanation of why you want to nominate that persons post.

If you want to report a post, for abuse, etc... you would do the same thing, except you would click on the left side of that bar, over the word, report.

Old Post 01-13-2004 07:17 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

Local time: 10:01 PM

post #70  quote:

Can anyone get reward points by begging a mod or a admin?

Old Post 01-13-2004 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Nion a Private Message Find more posts by Nion Add Nion to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Nion REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #71  quote:

been there done that

Old Post 01-13-2004 09:50 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #72  quote:

No, you can't. And in all actuality... it's really annoying the hell out of some of us that we are being begged, over and over, for points. Instead of wasting time bugging us... put your time and energy into doing some great posts. People will nominate you. Start some great threads, and see if they 'take off.'

A reward is something that is earned... not just handed out. I don't reward my cats with treats when they beg me. I reward them when they are good. Does that make sense? So, go and do good... and then, you just might be rewarded.

Old Post 01-13-2004 09:53 PM

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

post #73  quote:

But what about bribe or/and blackmail?

Old Post 01-13-2004 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Nion a Private Message Find more posts by Nion Add Nion to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Nion REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

post #74  quote:

C'mon,there's got to be something else.
Being a good member.Looking at threads and telling the mods of something is not right(cursing,nc-17 material,flaming).

Old Post 01-13-2004 11:08 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #75  quote:

quote:
Nion said this in post #73 :

been there dont that

Old Post 01-13-2004 11:14 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #76  quote:

hmmm. i tried to edit my post because i dont edit, but i got a page saying i dont have permission. that might be a bug you gotta fix.

Old Post 01-13-2004 11:16 PM

Staff
Mike James
The One... and the Two

Local time: 02:01 PM

post #77  quote:

quote:
Nion said this in post #73 :

I accept checks and PayPall...

Old Post 01-14-2004 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Mike James a Private Message View Mike James's Journal Visit Mike James's homepage! Find more posts by Mike James Add Mike James to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #78  quote:

gee, it only looks like i have hundreds... what am i gonna do...

Old Post 01-14-2004 02:51 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #79  quote:

I know what you can do, chodder... you can get out there and make some posts that are worthy of reward points!!

Oh, and unlike Mike James, I don't accept checks. Those tend to bounce.
Now, cash on the other hand! I think that we could work something out, for a price.

Old Post 01-14-2004 04:01 AM

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #80  quote:

Go forth into the world and earn your points

Old Post 01-14-2004 05:30 AM
Click here to Send Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse Add Pulse to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Pulse REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #81  quote:

quote:
KJ said this in post #79 :
Oh, and unlike Mike James, I don't accept checks. Those tend to bounce.
Now, cash on the other hand! I think that we could work something out, for a price.

But wouldn't it be more fun to negotiate souls instead?

Old Post 01-14-2004 05:33 AM
Click here to Send Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse Add Pulse to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Pulse REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

oldbutafan
The Advocate

post #82  quote:

quote:
Nion said this in post #74 :
C'mon,there's got to be something else.
Being a good member.Looking at threads and telling the mods of something is not right(cursing,nc-17 material,flaming).

Hi Nion. I heard that for those things they might be giving out hats with INRPD on them

Old Post 01-14-2004 06:01 AM
Click here to Send oldbutafan a Private Message Find more posts by oldbutafan Add oldbutafan to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore oldbutafan REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Mike James
The One... and the Two

post #83  quote:

Look, when you get into souls, you're dealing with the Devil. For the record, INReview has no relationship to, or contract with, the Devil. In fact, we don't like him very much at all. So lest stick to bribes, and not eternal damnation.

Speaking of sticking to things, I propose we try to stick to the topic of this thread (which is NOT bribery).

Old Post 01-14-2004 06:02 AM
Click here to Send Mike James a Private Message View Mike James's Journal Visit Mike James's homepage! Find more posts by Mike James Add Mike James to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

post #84  quote:

But when are the winners going to annouced?And I need a day.pls tell us.
(off topic:tip for chodder:Marc would like a Mac,u put half of the money and i put half okay?)
And one more thing...If someone started a thread,at what do u look at the nr of replys or nr of views?

Old Post 01-14-2004 08:11 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #85  quote:

Winners will be rewarded at the beginning of each month.
This is a monthly 'contest' if you want to look at it that way.

Old Post 01-14-2004 03:36 PM

oldbutafan
The Advocate

post #86  quote:

I actually do have an on topic question.

Im sure you have a master plan, but wondering if you will be collecting the nominated posts and reposting them or maybe the winners and runners-up in a Winners' Circle forum ?

And sort of OT ... but this encouragement of excellence is a really great idea so please consider this a nomination of whomever conceived it an Appreciation of INR Staff Award

Old Post 01-14-2004 06:45 PM
Click here to Send oldbutafan a Private Message Find more posts by oldbutafan Add oldbutafan to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore oldbutafan REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #87  quote:

OBAF, we can't nominate staff, so, it will just be said that it is a great idea!

Hmmmmm... a winners circle!!! You know, we haven't discussed such a thing. But, Marc or Sean could already have that in mind!!!!

Old Post 01-14-2004 06:51 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #88  quote:

to get back on topic i think there should be a hall of fame. then the top 10 leaders in with points.

Old Post 01-14-2004 07:59 PM

oldbutafan
The Advocate

post #89  quote:

quote:
KJ said this in post #87 :
OBAF, we can't nominate staff, so, it will just be said that it is a great idea!

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I knew that "technically" staff can't be "nominated" for points.

This idea not only stimulates participation but it encourages excellence,and raises the bar.

A simple thanks seemed so insufficient, so I was just highlighted the brilliance of the idea by sort of creating my own hypothetical award dubbed:

"Appreciation of Staff Award"

Maybe in their um ... "spare time" ? they'll consider "featuring" an individual mod monthly or something.

Old Post 01-14-2004 08:04 PM

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #90  quote:

quote:
oldbutafan said this in post #86 :
Im sure you have a master plan, but wondering if you will be collecting the nominated posts and reposting them or maybe the winners and runners-up in a Winners' Circle forum?

We've given some thought to that and do intend to implement those things in some manner down the road. Here's some more info on that:

http://www.inreview.com/showthread....d=33#post199149

Old Post 01-14-2004 08:23 PM
Time: 08:01 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (7): « 12 [3] 45 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Feedback > Forum News & Announcements > Reward Points! (Updated: 4/3/04)
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: