Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Feedback > Forum News & Announcements > Reward Points! (Updated: 4/3/04)
Search this Thread:
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 34 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Pulse
INReview Maven

Local time: 03:27 AM

post #31  quote:

Ok, I got it First I'm getting "warning points" and then I see this thing that says "reward points" and I'm thinking 'what have I done now?' I thought I was trying to behave myself. I get it now though Thanks

Old Post 01-07-2004 05:08 AM
Click here to Send Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse Add Pulse to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Pulse REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 12:27 AM

post #32  quote:

No problem, Pulse. That's what the staff is here for. If you ever have a question, please know that you can pm any one of us for help! Have fun!

Old Post 01-07-2004 05:15 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 02:27 AM

post #33  quote:

quote:
KJ said this in post #27 :
Mystic, when you nominate a post, it will be a staff decision, I believe. Right now, that's what we're doing for nominations!!!

Im going to pose a thought here...and I dont know why I do this, but I cant help my opinionated ways....it always seems to get me in trouble...but I have to at least wonder....

I know you say staff decision, and thats fine with me, of course....my thought, or question really, is, since there are some staff members that do not necessarily agree or like what a person says based on thier "different" beliefs....how does this effect a nomination? Or could I could shorten the thought and say what are the odds of be bias being factored in the decision process? (against the nominee or nominator...is that a word?)

And how about my other question on the difference between funny and drama posts (I dont know another way to describe it..but I think you understand).....will there be a consideration based on that or will they be looked at equally?

Anyways...just thoughts in my head....I have a couple that I may want to nominate, but I dont want to until I know how the judging will be based...

Old Post 01-07-2004 06:09 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #34  quote:

Okay, it's when we ourselves want to give points, that we are going to ask other staff.
When you all pm us with nominations, that is a different case.
I can say though, regardless of personal opinions... it's the post and how it's delivered.
It's not the person that we are looking at... it's the post.

No matter what you all pm us for, we will look at the posts. There are different categories for you to be awarded points in. So, just pm us if they fall under the category of something that Marc has listed and we will go from there!

Old Post 01-07-2004 06:34 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Mike James
The One... and the Two

post #35  quote:

Just something to add to what KJ said - when you nominate posts, we are looking for a number of things:

1 - the post you nominated - How does it compare to the hoard of posts that were nominated in the same catagory?
2 - you, the user - Users who are conistantly positive and contributive are more likely to receive awards.
3 - Your personal beleifs - Do you agree with everything Mike James says? (Ha. Just kidding.)
4 - How many people nominated your post - Public opinion is a powerful thing.

So... in a way, we are partially looking at you as a user. But never at your opinions - after all, your opinions are what make the forum so diverse! And just because you aren't a star user doesn't mean you won't get rewarded. In fact, if you come out of your shell or re-define previously poor behavior in a dramatic and noticable way, you're likely to have some Reward Points arriving in your PM box.

Old Post 01-07-2004 07:00 AM
Click here to Send Mike James a Private Message View Mike James's Journal Visit Mike James's homepage! Find more posts by Mike James Add Mike James to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #36  quote:

Now, now Mike... you know that it's ME that they have to always agree with, or no reward points!

Thanks for adding that info!

Old Post 01-07-2004 07:02 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #37  quote:

quote:
Mike James said this in post #35 :
2 - you, the user - Users who are constantly positive and contributive are more likely to receive awards.

Okay...thats just it.....some people on here post things I think are good, yet there posts may not come off as being "positive" to others...

Well....Okay...never mind

Thanks guys and gals for the answers!

Old Post 01-07-2004 07:57 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Mike James
The One... and the Two

post #38  quote:

Point is, Mystic, we look for a number of things, and reward posts and threads for a number of reasons. You don't have to be an exceptional poster to be calm in conflict, and you don't necessarily have to post positively to be a great conversation starter. A mod's perception of you will not change your chances of getting warning points very much.

Old Post 01-07-2004 08:22 AM
Click here to Send Mike James a Private Message View Mike James's Journal Visit Mike James's homepage! Find more posts by Mike James Add Mike James to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #39  quote:

Mystic .. Marlene and myself have all contributed to and been the butt opf hypocrisy over and over, so I doubt someone will come forward and give us any points. Its a shame because we are the best on the site ( just kidding, I think)

D

Old Post 01-07-2004 06:11 PM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #40  quote:

Then I merely need to add an additional reason to the list: "Masters of being the Butt of Hypocrisy."

Old Post 01-07-2004 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #41  quote:

Comeon Marc, n o one is going to understand that.

Old Post 01-07-2004 06:22 PM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #42  quote:

He's joking, Delta.... but, don't you all worry. You, Mystic and Marlene have added a lot of color (ha ha... gold members) to the site. You have great posts, and I know that you will get points.

Being nominated by your peers isn't the only way that you will receive reward points either. So, fear not... what you might deem as impossible is truly possible within our lovely world of INReview.

Old Post 01-07-2004 06:58 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #43  quote:

Delta, if you think that Mystic or Marlene deserve points, then nominate them.

Old Post 01-07-2004 07:11 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #44  quote:

quote:
Marc Flemming said this in post #40 :
Then I merely need to add an additional reason to the list: "Masters of being the Butt of Hypocrisy."

I can live with that...Im thinking Id would be willing to sink to that level for a few points.

quote:
Delta said this in post #41 :
Comeon Marc, n o one is going to understand that.

hey...speak for yourself just jokin!

[QUOTE]KJ said this in post #42 :
He's joking, Delta....

So your saying that I have no chance of ever becoming the master butt of hypocrisy? What ever shall I do now?

Last edited by mystic on 01-07-2004 at 07:18 PM |
Old Post 01-07-2004 07:14 PM

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #45  quote:

quote:
mystic said this in post #44 :
So your saying that I have no chance of ever becoming the master butt of hypocrisy? What ever shall I do now?

Hey, there's always "Head Gluteus Maximus of Bamboozlement"...

Old Post 01-07-2004 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #46  quote:

Now THAT has a lot of possibility, Marc

Old Post 01-07-2004 09:55 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #47  quote:

im sorry but that rank has already been taken..... i also have the rank of chedder loving chodder

Old Post 01-07-2004 09:57 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #48  quote:

quote:
Delta said this in post #39 :
Mystic .. Marlene and myself have all contributed to and been the butt opf hypocrisy over and over, so I doubt someone will come forward and give us any points. Its a shame because we are the best on the site ( just kidding, I think)

D

I would like to say something concerning this post. The names you mentioned are names I frequently run into on the P&T forum. And I am well aware of they controversial subjects we discuss there. Although I do not have much interaction with you Delta, I do with the others you mentioned.

I will have to disagree with your view on this, as I would reward them for the sheer sake of keeping the P&T alive and kicking. If everyone got in there and were in agreement with each other, we wouldn't learn other views.

We don't have to like or agree with posts in order to give rewards. In fact, I would reward the names you mentioned based on their contribution to a forum, and for being objective, and for listening to all the different views, and for coming back in spite of the frustration they must experience.

I wonder if endurance is a reward option Do you know how many topics they have started and kept going in the P&T forum alone?

As many times as feathers have been ruffled over there, they contribute. As many times as some say they will never be back, they come back and keep going.

I would absolutely miss them if they left, and I would not hesitate to reward them.

Old Post 01-07-2004 10:24 PM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #49  quote:

quote:
Marc Flemming said this in post #45 :

Hey, there's always "Head Gluteus Maximus of Bamboozlement"...

The butthead of deception and confusion?

Well....okay...Ill sink that low for points.

Old Post 01-07-2004 10:44 PM

MrJukoVette
In the Now Guru

post #50  quote:

BTW regarding colors: Marc why not add some colors to this site? Aren't people tired of white-grey-black pallete?

Old Post 01-08-2004 02:49 PM
Click here to Send MrJukoVette a Private Message Find more posts by MrJukoVette Add MrJukoVette to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MrJukoVette REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #51  quote:

Juko, unfortunately, the black/white/gray scale color is so that the ad's stand out.
If the site was colorful, the ad's would severly pale in comparison...

Now, if you were a gold member... that wouldn't be the case.
You would have some color!

Old Post 01-08-2004 03:50 PM

Marlene Newell
No title, Just me

post #52  quote:

Re: Kooka's post #48

I agree Kook, the P&T forum is the greatest. No two of us agree on much of anything, and yet the conversations remain pretty civil. You don't see dozens of expletives in posts or posters being sent to the flamers ward or being warned. We certainly don't have any pink posters.

Marc, how about rewarding a forum -- I'm sure there are others that are good, too, but I think the "community" makes a big difference in the way posters behave and how well they handle disagreements on controversial issues.

And, Kooka, here's pointing the compliment back to you -- you are a major influence for good in that forum.

If we get points, will we be told how many or for what? Sorry if this has already been explained, but I browsed quickly and didn't find anything.

Old Post 01-08-2004 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Marlene Newell a Private Message Find more posts by Marlene Newell Add Marlene Newell to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Marlene Newell REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #53  quote:

quote:
MrJukoVette said this in post #50 :
BTW regarding colors: Marc why not add some colors to this site? Aren't people tired of white-grey-black pallete?

http://www.inreview.com/showthread....d=34#post175254

Old Post 01-08-2004 06:00 PM

MrJukoVette
In the Now Guru

post #54  quote:

Can't argue that, Marc.

Old Post 01-09-2004 12:00 AM
Click here to Send MrJukoVette a Private Message Find more posts by MrJukoVette Add MrJukoVette to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MrJukoVette REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #55  quote:

how many points can a moderator give out for a good post? is there a limit or what?

Old Post 01-10-2004 04:01 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Wolf_eyes
Veteran

post #56  quote:

interesting idea.....I agree it could work exceptionally well.....but can one get credit for something written last month? last week? I have been posting on this site for about 2 years now....

Old Post 01-12-2004 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Wolf_eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Wolf_eyes Add Wolf_eyes to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Wolf_eyes REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #57  quote:

2 years? this place has only been here for 1 year

Old Post 01-12-2004 08:57 PM

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #58  quote:

Maybe it just feels that way!!!
D

Old Post 01-12-2004 09:05 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #59  quote:

quote:
chodder said this in post #55 :
how many points can a moderator give out for a good post? is there a limit or what?

can somebody please answer my question? i have only been sent 2 notifications, but i have more points than i thought i would have. so im guessing mods can give out as many points as they want?

Old Post 01-12-2004 09:18 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #60  quote:

Chodder... we can give out points when someone nominates a particular post (not their own), and when that happens, the person who nominates get's a 'finders fee'. But, that is only if the nominated post gets reward points.

We can also give out points on our own, when we see a post that fits into the category of the rewards points. There is NO limit to how many points a member can receive per month. But remember, each month, you start over with zero points.

Wolf eyes... we have only had INR around as a message board for just over 1 year!!!!

Old Post 01-12-2004 09:41 PM
Time: 08:27 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 34 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Feedback > Forum News & Announcements > Reward Points! (Updated: 4/3/04)
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: