Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Pages (16): « First « 34 [5] 67 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 02:45 PM

post #121  quote:

Yeh.................. wasn't really much of an Amy fan myself.

She had no... umpf...

Old Post 09-23-2005 02:54 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

Local time: 06:45 AM

post #122  quote:

I know what you mean...I never really liked Amy...there was just something about her that was just....Iunno, but nah ^_^ Din't like her

Old Post 09-25-2005 09:23 PM
Click here to Send peregr!n a Private Message Find more posts by peregr!n Add peregr!n to your buddy list Send an AIM message to peregr!n peregr!n's MSN ID is warrior_hobbit Click Here to Ignore peregr!n REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 10:45 PM

post #123  quote:

I never really liked her hair back in season one episode three. That's when it all started. I never liked her after that.

Old Post 09-25-2005 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #124  quote:

FINALLY, got Angel... but only seasons 1 to 4 I'll have to get 5 later, I guess...

Only watched the first four episodes so far. Nothing exciting. You can already see the angle the show first tried to take. Thank goodness Doyle dies early on, and we get Fred next season, I think. Woo hoo.

Already had the crossover with Spike and Oz with that magic ring that allows vampires not to die. Pretty funky stuff. Angel goes running out into the sunlight at the end... man! He's game...

Old Post 09-26-2005 02:38 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #125  quote:

I was saddened that Doyle died early so early on I liked to listen to him talk

Old Post 09-26-2005 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #126  quote:

He's alright, but with his visions, the show really becomes all about that

Also, he's got nothing on Xander as a goofy side-kick!

Old Post 09-26-2005 03:38 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #127  quote:

Well, for all of Angel the visions are really really important. Well, not so much in season five, I suppose.

And in season one episode nine of Angel Doyle really was fantastic. Made me cry, the little bugger

Old Post 09-26-2005 03:48 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #128  quote:

well.................... I'll see when I get to that point

Old Post 09-26-2005 05:39 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #129  quote:

What do you think of that blond cop so far? I didn't really like her character.

Old Post 09-26-2005 02:40 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #130  quote:

Oh her... yeah... she's too... I don't know. Just nothing interesting about her character. Not at all witty. She's just a generic cop character.

Hope Doyle has a vision of her, and Angel can't get to her in time

Old Post 09-28-2005 02:30 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #131  quote:

She's on Law and Order now, right? I wonder if she plays anything but people in law?

But yeah, there's just something about her that I never liked. Maybe you're right, and it's because she's not witty like all the other characters.

Old Post 09-28-2005 02:37 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #132  quote:

I don't know... I don't really recognize her from anywhere...

I watched a few Buffy episodes yesterday. Season 4, Hush, Season 3 finale and .... a few othres from season 3.

I really should've been watching Angel... but oh well

Hey, the Angel episode Smile Time will be on here this week. Its supposed to be a classic... Angel getting turned into a puppet and all of that...

Old Post 09-28-2005 03:32 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #133  quote:

I loved that episode so much It's one of my favorites from season five Somewhere in this thread I posted a picture of Puppet Angel

Old Post 09-28-2005 03:56 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #134  quote:

Hmm... yeah, his puppet face is awesome

I... I almost want to use it as my avatar... with him holding that big sword... so funny.

It sucks, you know... season 5 playing right now, and me... stuck all the way on season 1, episode 5.... I feel so inferior gotta catch up, gotta catch up. That's my task for this weekend

Old Post 09-28-2005 04:36 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #135  quote:

Catch up from season one to season five over the weekend? Yeah, good luck with that Just don't forget to sleep sometime

When I first showed my cousin Buffy we watched all of season one in a day

Old Post 09-28-2005 02:55 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #136  quote:

Season One in one day isn't so bad... there are what? 13 episodes...... maybe 12.... Nah, I guess 13. Anyways, that's not too bad. It would only take you like 10 hours.

Angel'll take me a while, I know... I could probably finish one season this weekend, but I kind of what to watch it with the Buffy episodes in between.

Old Post 09-29-2005 03:35 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #137  quote:

Wooo, finally finished season 1 yesterday... not bad, but not fantastic, really. The finale was pretty good. 2 episodes into season 2 now, and I already like it. Both episodes have been pretty good. I'm waiting for them to go off to that weird dimension and find Fred, that seems like it'll be a good story-line.

Old Post 10-03-2005 02:32 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #138  quote:

I really liked the finale for season one. Just blow the place up. Easy ending to their old location I also liked the idea that Cordelia went into a psych ward when she saw all the visions. Shows how important the visions are if they can have an effect like that on a person. I think the was the main thing that changed Cordelia from a snobby cheer queen into who she was in later seasons. She's still kinda old-Cordelia-esque in season two, though.

Old Post 10-03-2005 02:38 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #139  quote:

Yeah, I noticed that too. When she saw all the pain and suffering she obviously changed a fair bit. What was it she said to Angel? We have to help them all.

I liked that that big demon slaughtered those oracle dealies. They were very pretentious!

Old Post 10-03-2005 03:13 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #140  quote:

It was something like, "I've seen what's out there. There are people that need our help."

Yeah, that Oracle guy was a real snob. The girl too, but not as bad. At least they got killed with a neat-looking weapon. They went out in style with the thing I mean, if I was going to be slaughtered with a sharp weapon and I got to pick the weapon, I would pick that one.

Old Post 10-03-2005 03:27 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #141  quote:

Yeah, that grim reaper slashing whatsie was cool. And just appeared out of nowhere.

I swear that dude looked unstoppable, but Angel just came in and kicked his butt. Those Wolfram and Hart dudes ended up with Darla though, which was a nice way to end the season... though not as brilliant as some of the Buffy finales...

I'm really kind of HOPING for the stories to be more connected, because as it stands, the story as a whole isn't that exciting... but each episode is interesting enough. I'm not too fond of Gunn. He's okay, but he's just similar to the blonde cop: NOT FUNNY.

Old Post 10-03-2005 04:11 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #142  quote:

He gets funnier, but never really as funny as the scoobies

And as far as new character being added throughout the season, he is DEFINITELY not as funny as some that we've had. Like Spike, or Glory, or the Host

Old Post 10-03-2005 04:19 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #143  quote:

Oh yeah, the Host was in the first episode of Season 2... very good character. Actually, that episode was very good, as was episode 2, so I have high hopes for this season.

Glory... erm... was the God-woman, right? Harmony is the vampire chick... she's awesome. I saw her in a Season 5 episode the other day (not to forget her season 5 work in Buffy), and she just cracks me up. It's like she never stopped being an air-head. Even after dying.

Just one question, in which episode was she turned?

Old Post 10-03-2005 04:26 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #144  quote:

Season three finale of Buffy. The Mayor told his vamps not to feed, but they still munched on her.

Yeah, Harmony is SUCH an air-head. I think the only reason that she was hired to work for Angel was because he knew her.

Old Post 10-03-2005 03:01 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #145  quote:

Hehehe he's obviously a softy for people he knows. It is a little whacky he'd hire her, since she is, like.......... annoying. I mean if you knew her. Watching the show, she's just plain funny.

Finale eh? I forget that part... I watched the final 2 episodes of the 3rd season so often that I vowed never to watch them again I haven't seen them in about... 4 years...

5 episodes into the second season of angel know. He just found out Darla's alive again.

Old Post 10-04-2005 04:18 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #146  quote:

Forgot to say, over the weekend I decided to watch the episode "Selfless" from season 7, where Anya summons that spider demon and Buffy goes to kill her.

I swear Buffy decided to kill her awfully quick in that episode. What a b****.

But the thing I wanted to mention was, I'd never listened to the lyrics to that "I will be his mrs." song before...

At first she sings "Mrs. Anya Christina Emanuella Jenkins Harris" later in the song she sings "Mrs. Anya Lame-Ass-Made-Up-Maiden-Name Harris"... I almost wet myself when I noticed that.

Really like that episode

Old Post 10-04-2005 10:45 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #147  quote:

Angel didn't hire Harmony, it was Wes. Angel came to work and was like, "WHAT is she doing here?!" And Wes is all, "I thought you'd like to see a familiar face." I'd smack him. Familiar faces are nice, but not when you want to see them turned away and moving in the opposite direction they aren't

Which episode are you talking about with the made up middle name? It must be in season seven, right?

Old Post 10-05-2005 06:18 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #148  quote:

Yeah, season 7, episode..... 6ish.

Starts off with Anya having killed all these frat boys with her spider monster, and Willow sees her, finds the dead kids, finds Buffy, Buffy goes to kill the spider with Xander, and then finds out it was Anya, runs off to kill Anya. Like I said, she really decided to kill Anya way too quickly there...

Anyway, after Buffy slips a sword through Anya's chest, they cut back to a year previously, and Anya's singing about how happy she's going to be to marry Xander ("There's nothing good about love, except the getting sticky part")... then they quickly cut back to her with the sword through her chest.

Extremely funny episode... one of the better ones of season 7.

But, then, Anya based episodes are always great

Old Post 10-05-2005 07:46 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #149  quote:

Yeah, it does sound like Buffy decided WAY too fast to kill Anya. Another reason why season seven Buffy was needing to be knocked down a few pegs by Faith

Yeah, Anya is fantasic. Right from the get-go she was funny. Remember in season four of Buffy when she had a crush on Xander and decided the only to get over him was to have sex with him? It was hilarious. "Okay, I guess I'm over you now. Have a nice day."

Old Post 10-05-2005 05:15 PM

becker
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 01:45 AM

post #150  quote:

Anya was the best of them all.

She cracked me up.

Old Post 10-05-2005 06:40 PM
Click here to Send becker a Private Message Find more posts by becker Add becker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore becker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 06:45 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (16): « First « 34 [5] 67 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: