Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Lost: Season III & IV > Theories > Insane Theory Thread-part 2
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 07:03 PM

post #31  quote:

Alright, since mom still doesn't have an INR account, I'll have to post her theory for her:

The most recent whispers said things like, "Hi sis," and "Dying sucks." Are the whispers really the voices of the Others, or the people that have died on the island? Or are they the "threats" that the Others took? We don't know if those people were made to join the Others or not.

And here is her other INSANE theory that she told me.

Okay, so we hear these whispers but never see anybody, right? And these whispers say things like they are people keeping a close eye on the survivors but not wanting to be seen themselves. There are times when people can see you but you can't see them, like when someone is looking through a two-way mirror. There was a episode of Star Trek in the original series when Kirk was put on this fake Enterprise that this alien race built, and they are watching him. Sometimes he would look through the window and see all these faces pressed up against the glass watching him, then someone would flick the switch in the room with the faces and they would disappear. Maybe the island is like the fake Enterprise was, and the people on the island are being watched by the Others, who are seeing how they react to certain things introduced into their environment, like the "sickness?"

Old Post 11-26-2005 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

Local time: 09:03 PM

post #32  quote:

The Star Trek episode theory had kinda been in my mind too. Star Trek had more than one episode similiar to that but I know the one you are talking about. That is a good theory. I do think they can somehow see the people on the island and know what is happeneing to them whether it be on like a television screen or looking through telescope type things. I think Walt is trying to help his Dad whenever he can get away from whoever and try to warn him.

Old Post 11-26-2005 08:06 PM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

My most recent theory post #33  quote:

The Others began as the people who we supposed to push the button, but didn't, and now are the Others that we know now. When they stopped puching the button, the got "sick." Then they either attacked the people in the Arrow Hatch, or they convinced them to stop pushing the button also. The people with Dharma figured out what was happening so they sent people to try to capture the Others and take them to a hospital or something to fix them, but the Others killed or abducted the people who were sent to them. Dharma stopped sending anyone to the island, that's why Desmond hadn't been replaced. The only reason why Desmond hadn't been abducted was either because he sealed himself in or because his hatch was so far away from the other hatches (I'm guessing that the Arrow Hatch is near the Other's Hatch because the tail section people had been attacked many more times than the front section). The Others are now "sick" people who live in the jungle, and everytime new people come to the island they think they are people from Dharma who are going to attack them, that's why they got rid of the "threats" the first night from the tail section people.

Old Post 12-03-2005 06:25 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #34  quote:

eh, for now, my theory moves around some.

I have been dead wrong on so many things, been misdirected several times.

But at this moment:

I think the Dharma Ini sent a large group to the Island to inspect the Electro Magnetism. A huge number of people,

some scientists, some physics, some zoo keepers. They all had their jobs, and built the hatch's, and research bunkers, etc.

Something bad happened, THE INCIDENT. Whether it was digging up that girl from the RING, who was in the well,

or digging up an Alien in his ship,

or getting in contact with Ghosts,

or they had a rebellion/government coup against Dharma,

whatever happened, it killed most everyone on the Island, but left a few Survivors.

Dharma sent a small team to the Island and set up the hatch bunker we all know and love, and tried to put a cap on whatever it was they had set free.

The survivors, the Other's, made their own cultish clan and roam the Island, looking for "good" people to join their ranks.

The others are the best the world has to offer in the weirdo sciences like ESP, and mind control, and genetics.

Old Post 12-03-2005 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #35  quote:

double post

Old Post 12-03-2005 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #36  quote:

Those are interesting theories. "THE INCIDENT" I keep forgetting about that. That is very important. What the incident was.

Old Post 12-03-2005 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #37  quote:

Could the "good people" the others take be people who do not have phycological problems they need to work out?
Kate sees the horse which seems to help her work through her problem with killing her father. When she sees the horse the second time it helps her. Expecially seeing it with Sawyer. Who happened to see it because he was there. It was not just in her mind then, obviously. Shannon needed to see Walt for some reason. Jack needed to see his Dad for some reason. I am just putting this out there.

Old Post 12-03-2005 10:36 PM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

Local time: 10:03 PM

post #38  quote:

I think they're hallucinating.

Old Post 12-04-2005 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Edward Teach a Private Message View Edward Teach's Journal Visit Edward Teach's homepage! Find more posts by Edward Teach Add Edward Teach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Edward Teach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #39  quote:

That is kinda wierd that they would see each others hallucinations.

Old Post 12-04-2005 05:51 PM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #40  quote:

Pipofamom sent me these two pictures.

This one shows Sayid sitting next to a blond man with two seats between them. Both Sayid and the guy are in aisle seats, so that means that there are FOUR seats in the middle.

This one shows the same blond man in a middle seat with a seat on either side of him, meaning that now there are THREE seats in the middle row.

Sayid isn't sitting next to the guy in the second picture, so it would make most sense that the blond man moved seats, but I was curious and looked on the seating chart on oceanic-air.com anyway. According to the picture, nowhere on the plane should there be four seats in a row. Beneath the picture it says that there should be 352 seats, but I counted only 344. What happened to the other seats?

Old Post 01-08-2006 10:29 PM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #41  quote:

I think I remember that guy looking at Sayid like "what are you doing here !@#$%!@ Iraqi" and Sayid rolling his eyes and sighing. I don't know about the seat situation.

Old Post 01-09-2006 01:30 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #42  quote:

I was reading a short story yesterday called Game that was freakishly like the hatch that we all know and love.

The Game was about two guys who had been assigned a job that they did not know anything about. They lived underground in a bunker and were totally cut off from the world outside. They didn't even know which State they were in. All they knew was that they were supposed to live by this console and watch for a little bird to pop up, and if the bird popped up then they were supposed to turn their keys simultainiusly in these locks that were far enough apart that one person couldn't do it alone. They also were supposed to watch the other person and, if they did anything strange, the other person was supposed to shoot them dead. So these two guys lived in this underground bunker waiting for the bird to pop up and for the two guys who were supposed to replace them to show up, which they never did. Eventually they went mad, but tried to act like they weren't insane so that they wouldn't get shot.

The other guy, not the narrator, had a game of jacks that hogged from the narrator. Now I'll be watching for a game of jacks on a shelf in the hatch

Old Post 03-23-2006 03:21 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #43  quote:

Woah.

So what happened at the end? Did they shoot each other? Just hang out insane in the bunker?

Old Post 03-24-2006 12:29 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #44  quote:

The other guy started acting strangely. He went around the bunker wearing nothing but swimming trunks and a .39 strapped to his leg and he measured distances all over the console. Then he told the narrator that he would need him to use his key. I think that they are going to turn their keys to see what happens, and if nothing noticeable happens then the other guy will shoot the narrator.

The story did a good job of making the narrator sound like he had a deteriorating mental state. He kept repeating phrases, and he ended every paragraph with "I am not well."

Old Post 03-24-2006 12:56 AM

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #45  quote:

I saw this video on the lost website the other day with viewers discussing their theories, and this one guy said he thought LOST stood for Land of Scientific Testing....

interesting... but not far fetched obviously.

Old Post 10-12-2006 05:40 PM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #46  quote:

Hmmmmmm, that's a really interesting one! I like.

Old Post 10-12-2006 05:41 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #47  quote:

Me gusta

I'd never thought about that before, but LOST could be an acronym.

Old Post 10-13-2006 06:14 AM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

Local time: 10:03 PM

post #48  quote:

Makes since to me and fits in well.

Old Post 10-17-2006 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Edward Teach a Private Message View Edward Teach's Journal Visit Edward Teach's homepage! Find more posts by Edward Teach Add Edward Teach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Edward Teach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 03:03 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Lost: Season III & IV > Theories > Insane Theory Thread-part 2
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: