Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Lost: Season III & IV > Theories > Insane Theory Thread-part 2
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 06:49 PM

Insane Theory Thread-part 2 post #1  quote:

Like we had in the Season One forum, this thread is for crazy speculation and discussion. We're already doing that in the episode threads of the week, but if we post those discussions in here then everything will be in one place and it will be easier to find

Also post any interesting pictures or ideas that aren't really Insane Theories, but are still clues to the show.

Unlike the Insane Theory Thread of the previous season, though, this isn't also an off-topic thread, so let's try to keep the outrageously off-topic chat out of here

Old Post 10-12-2005 05:07 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #2  quote:

On the following 2 offical screencaps you can just about make out the Dharma logo.

In this picture the logo is on the far right just above the rope. http://www.lost-media.com/modules.p...19&pos=529

In this one it is just above Jack's dad's coffin, carved into the wall Or is that more wreckage of the plane?
http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=47&pos=552

Very very strange......

Also what appears to be the Oceanic Logo can be seen in the Orientation film.

This one is made easier to see

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1384/symbol8vc.jpg

Old Post 10-12-2005 05:09 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #3  quote:

What do you guys think "the incident" was? I think it was the "sickness" that Desmond and The Crazy French Chick talked about, so if that's right, what cause the sickness? Does not pushing the button every 180 minutes cause the sickness?

Old Post 10-12-2005 05:11 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 08:49 PM

post #4  quote:

I think that when they go into the HATCH, they will find crazy monkeys.

Old Post 10-12-2005 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sayzak
Chimerical Visionary

post #5  quote:

quote:
Whidden said this in post #4 :
I think that when they go into the HATCH, they will find crazy monkeys.

I still think there's crazy monkeys in there too... or aliens. Or the equivilant of an alien monkey. Which would still be a monkey. And an alien.

Old Post 10-12-2005 11:01 PM
Click here to Send Sayzak a Private Message View Sayzak's Journal Find more posts by Sayzak Add Sayzak to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Sayzak Sayzak's MSN ID is blue3eleven@msn.com Click Here to Ignore Sayzak REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #6  quote:

I read somewhere--but there were no pictures to prove it--that the Dharma mark was on the polar bear, just really hard to see. I know that I sure didn't catch it, but since it was on the shark, there's every possibility that it was on the polar bear.

Old Post 10-13-2005 04:25 AM

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #7  quote:

WAIT, THE LOGO WAS ON THE SHARK? How could anyone see that? I didn't even think to look.

Old Post 10-13-2005 04:54 PM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #8  quote:

I posted a thread with this info in it, and a lot of other stuff, but I will use the insane theory thread to make predictions.

The Foundation's Research
The Hanso Foundation has several active projects being pursued at this time:

The Active Projects

The Hanso Life Extension Project We will meet a really really OLD person on the Island. And no, it won't be Fuscia!!!

The Hanso Electromagnetic Research Initiative Not sure, beyond what they have found already.

The Hanso Quest for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence Aliens BABY!!

The Hanso Mathematical Forecasting Initiative Hurleys' #'s Splained

The Hanso Cryogenics Development Imperative We will see some frozen dead people who may get reanimated.

The Hanso Juxtapositional Eugenics Development Institute Man, this might explain Eathan Rom and why he was so strong. Wrath of Khan anyone?

The Hanso Accelerated Remote Viewing Training Facility What in the world is that?

Old Post 10-13-2005 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #9  quote:

quote:
illuminate said this in post #7 :
WAIT, THE LOGO WAS ON THE SHARK? How could anyone see that? I didn't even think to look.

I think Kris has a thread on the shark, and somewhere they posted a pic of it, and the logo on it,

but I couldn't make it out, it was too fuzzy.

Old Post 10-13-2005 05:29 PM

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #10  quote:

has anyone noticed that each character has an issue of abandonment at some point of their life? Like Claire's boyfriend leaving her, Hurley's friends abandon him, Jack MAYBE gets abandoned by his wife, and is abandoned early on by father (only in his FATHERLY ROLE, not physically), Sawyer is left abandoned by the guy who made his father kill his mother and himself, etc. etc....

Old Post 10-18-2005 06:08 PM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #11  quote:

Walt feels abandoned by his father, and Michael I'm sure feels, if not abandonment, at least betrayal by Walt's mother. Charlie feels abandoned by his brother, Locke by his father, Sun FELT abandoned emotionally by Jin, but not longer feels that way. We don't know enough about Sayid, Shannon, or Boone to say if they felt abandoned.

Old Post 10-19-2005 04:33 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #12  quote:

Check it out: inside the other hatch, the one where our raft guys are, there is the Dharma sign, but no swan. Another project under the same company?

Attachment:
no swan.jpg (14.5703 kb, 45 views)

Old Post 10-19-2005 03:18 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #13  quote:

quote:
Pippin said this in post #12 :
Check it out: inside the other hatch, the one where our raft guys are, there is the Dharma sign, but no swan. Another project under the same company?

I saw that last week, but couldn't get a good view of it. But on the tape, i could see the swan was missing.

I think maybe there is one research station, and 6 bunkers.

3 is the swan, and the other 5 (1, 2, 4, 5, 6) are something else. We know there are at least 5 others from the film,

but I had assumed that the other 5 were in various places around the Island, not on the same Island.

So....the new hatch/compound/bunker is part of the research station itself, or one of the other bunkers,

or there is no research station by itself, each of the bunkers are a research station....

Old Post 10-19-2005 06:18 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #14  quote:

I took your pic and made it brighter:

Attachment:
small, but bright.jpg (2.2578 kb, 318 views)

Old Post 10-19-2005 06:22 PM

Gold Member
Sayzak
Chimerical Visionary

post #15  quote:

Think all 6 projects are on the same island? hmmm...

Old Post 10-19-2005 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Sayzak a Private Message View Sayzak's Journal Find more posts by Sayzak Add Sayzak to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Sayzak Sayzak's MSN ID is blue3eleven@msn.com Click Here to Ignore Sayzak REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #16  quote:

quote:
Sayzak said this in post #15 :
Think all 6 projects are on the same island? hmmm...

it would seem a waste, that worldwide, they put all 6 on the same island,

i thought swan station was to study the strange electro-magnetic functions of the Island.

so I figured they were stretched worldwide,

but that pic of pippens makes me wonder.

No swan. I thought mabye it was the H of hanso corp, but it's not, it's just a straight line.

maybe we can find it in Karma/Dharma/eastern religion signs on the NET?

Old Post 10-19-2005 06:50 PM

Music_Chick152
Mastermind

post #17  quote:

doubt their all on the same island, that just wouldnt make sense. wonder what it is....?

Old Post 10-19-2005 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Music_Chick152 a Private Message Visit Music_Chick152's homepage! Find more posts by Music_Chick152 Add Music_Chick152 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Music_Chick152 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

Local time: 09:49 PM

post #18  quote:

Just for the record here. (My thoughts)

Why are people starting to see Walt and he's not really there. First Shannon now Sayid. Either Walt is dead or they are beginning to get sick, ie the quarantine on the INSIDE of the hatch and Desomond believing and asking if they were sick.

If they are sick then they are hallucinating and maybe from the beginning. ie the Polar Bear, the voices, the monster tearing up the trees etc.

Maybe Locke is hallucinating about being able to walk. Maybe Jacks father isn't really dead but he is hallucinating about it.

Maybe they all are hallucinating about their past, Hurley didn't really win the lottery.

Or maybe it's someone's dream, Jack's wife, if she really existed or maybe Jack himself.

Who knows but it is probably the best show on TV at the moment.

Old Post 11-12-2005 11:42 PM
Click here to Send Edward Teach a Private Message View Edward Teach's Journal Visit Edward Teach's homepage! Find more posts by Edward Teach Add Edward Teach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Edward Teach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #19  quote:

I don't think anything from their past is imagined, but I definately agree that seeing Walt and hearing the voices could be the sickness at work.

Old Post 11-13-2005 02:15 AM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

Local time: 09:49 PM

post #20  quote:

Don't forget who the creators of this show are. hint: X-Files

Old Post 11-13-2005 11:39 AM
Click here to Send Edward Teach a Private Message View Edward Teach's Journal Visit Edward Teach's homepage! Find more posts by Edward Teach Add Edward Teach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Edward Teach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #21  quote:

I don't care what they come up with... well, just not the JR/Dallas dream thing. That would totally piss me off. An island experiment.... well, it all sounds good to me. But, it could be ANY kind of experiment.... or, something gone wrong with it, and it's "taken over" and done things. Whatever it is, this show rocks, plain and simple.

Old Post 11-13-2005 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #22  quote:

What do you think happens to a person if the sickness is allowed to run its course? I think they die, but I'm not making any guesses as to what happens to them before they die.

We don't know how those two people in Jack and Kate found in the caves died, do we? Or those Nigerian drug smugglers?

Old Post 11-13-2005 11:02 PM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #23  quote:

I saw an interview with the creators of the show. They said it is not a dream and everything is explainable.

Old Post 11-13-2005 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #24  quote:

Goodwin said that he was in the Peace Corps, which started in the 1970s, and all the stuff in the hatch is from the 1970s.

I think that the Others first came to the island in the 1970s, or that their last contact with the rest of the world was in the 70s.

Old Post 11-18-2005 03:39 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #25  quote:

My only part to add to the insane theory is that the dog is trouble. Yep. He looks like a pretty yellow lab, but look at the facts

Walt- first owner missing

Shannon- DEAD!

I still contend that Walt is the key to most of what is going on the island. FOr some strange reason, they want kids.

Old Post 11-18-2005 03:46 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #26  quote:

Kids haven't grown up that long in the outside world and haven't totally learned to think like the other survivors and those in the rest of the world. They would be more easily anexed into the Others, in my opinion.

Old Post 11-18-2005 03:55 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #27  quote:

True, but they also took the "good" people. Do they mean naive by good or is it just good as far as morals? We just don't know.

Old Post 11-18-2005 05:29 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #28  quote:

Oops, Pipofamom told me that the Peace Corps was started in the 60s. Scratch that theory.

Old Post 11-18-2005 03:11 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #29  quote:

I think the "others" are remnants of the Dharma research group on the Island.

Old Post 11-18-2005 10:03 PM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #30  quote:

I think that the Others are people who have gotten "sick."

Old Post 11-20-2005 04:22 AM
Time: 02:49 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Lost: Season III & IV > Theories > Insane Theory Thread-part 2
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: