Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > The World > Prince Harry the Nazi
Search this Thread:
Pages (3):  [1] 23 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
USA1
INReview Maven

Local time: 07:34 AM

Prince Harry the Nazi post #1  quote:

What was he thinking?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A5950-
2005Jan13.html

Old Post 01-13-2005 09:01 PM
Click here to Send USA1 a Private Message Find more posts by USA1 Add USA1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore USA1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chelktty
In the Now Guru

Local time: 08:34 AM

post #2  quote:

I dunno...the link failed.

Old Post 01-13-2005 09:27 PM
Click here to Send chelktty a Private Message Find more posts by chelktty Add chelktty to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chelktty REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 05:34 AM

post #3  quote:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europ...eact/index.html

try this one Chel

Old Post 01-13-2005 09:29 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

post #4  quote:

Another example of world slipping into decadence. Rome all over again.

Old Post 01-13-2005 09:33 PM
Click here to Send becker a Private Message Find more posts by becker Add becker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore becker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #5  quote:

I dont know about this....

Anyone ever been to that "Sound of Music" play that goes around? People in the audience dress up as characters (kind of like a Rocky Horror Show where people dress up). Many people go as Nazi's because they were portrayed in the Sound of Music. And no, they werent portrayed as good, as Im sure many of you have seen The Sound of Music.

BUT...I know Harry is in the public eye....but Im not so sure he was dressing that way to say something about himself as much as he was just dressing for a costume party.

Sure..it was in bad taste to a point...but I really dont think he probably meant anything by it.

I certainly dont feel any less of the guy considering he has never been known to be a person who hates certain groups.

Sometimes I think people need to react, and other times, such as maybe this, I think people can take it to far and make it into something more than need be...

But I guess he might be a role model for some...so I guess he does have to be aware of what he is doing...though I feel bad that he has to carry such a burden just for being born into this privilege.

Old Post 01-14-2005 12:40 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 09:34 PM

post #6  quote:

They are making such a big deal about this. More of a big deal than when he punched a photographer and maybe making a bigger deal out of than he was caught smoking weed. Where are their priorities? It was only a costume party.

He should have gone as a paparazzi

Old Post 01-14-2005 02:14 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #7  quote:

I may have a bias, not caring whatsoever about the British royal family, but this was a costume. I don't think the kid meant anything by it. It's not like he dressed as Hitler.

Next party he should go as Darth Vader. Oh wait, then the Star Wars fans would protest because of all the Jedi that Vader killed.

-HECK!

Old Post 01-14-2005 10:53 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

USA1
INReview Maven

post #8  quote:

I think we all have our feelings about what a Nazi is but, in Europe it is a much bigger deal. In Germany for example, you cannot buy a copy of Mein Comf (SP) written by Hitler. It is illegal to sell them there. Many Brits were murdered by the Nazis and their feelings toward it are far greater than here in the US.

I am not sure but I think the Swatika was reversed on the arm band. That symbol is an American Indian symbol.

H@ts, what's the skinny over there? Are they really that upset or is it the media?

Old Post 01-14-2005 01:04 PM
Click here to Send USA1 a Private Message Find more posts by USA1 Add USA1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore USA1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

Local time: 01:34 PM

post #9  quote:

I think what USA1 said is right about the Nazis and what happened in Europe is part of the issue but also the fact that this is the time we remember the holocaust and the guy is seen wearing a Nazi uniform it could have been worse apparently he was looking for an SS uniform, take in to account that WW2 vets see it as an insult, the fact that his father has spent years developing strong relations with the Jewish community in the UK shows that the guy just does not stop to think. Also in Germany they can't be happy with this they have spent decades shaking off the Nazi image and then a high profile international figure does this. He should count his blessing s that he has not been refused entry to Sandhurst though because I guarantee if he had pulled this stunt while he was there he would be dishonorably discharged

Old Post 01-14-2005 03:13 PM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

USA1
INReview Maven

post #10  quote:

I wonder what he did in college? Obviously, it wasn't world history.

Old Post 01-14-2005 04:21 PM

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #11  quote:

on one news channel they had a market trader saying "...there german anyway, so why cant he dress like one" this was all taken i humour , and is technically true.

hes only a boy, at a fancy dress party, it wasnt just up to him what he wears, his gaurds should have said something to him before he walked out that door.

Old Post 01-14-2005 05:23 PM
Click here to Send flying panda a Private Message View flying panda's Journal Find more posts by flying panda Add flying panda to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore flying panda REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #12  quote:

Let him go to Auschwitz and learn a little History. This kid is trouble with a capital T. Why give him a boost. It was a gross insult and I want you to know
Prince Charles the heir apparent was VERY UPSET/ He has such morals to teach his kids. Now isn't he special?

D

Old Post 01-14-2005 10:08 PM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #13  quote:

did you know that the royal family kids dont learn history, i was surprised at this.

Old Post 01-14-2005 10:37 PM
Click here to Send flying panda a Private Message View flying panda's Journal Find more posts by flying panda Add flying panda to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore flying panda REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #14  quote:

I think Prince Charles has an excellent idea in sending him to take a tour. I hope that they can arrange a private one for Harry. That way there will be no press and the true history and horror of what happened at Auschwitz can sink in for Harry. Perhaps his stupid blunder will turn to something good when he learns from what happened so long ago.

Old Post 01-14-2005 10:48 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #15  quote:

He is a ROYAL what do we expect?

No History? Guess they teach Polo and Cricket .after all thats very important.

D

Old Post 01-14-2005 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #16  quote:

quote:
flying panda said this in post #12 :
hes only a boy, at a fancy dress party, it wasnt just up to him what he wears, his gaurds should have said something to him before he walked out that door.

Not only didn't his guaards say anything, his brother Prince William saw the costume beforehand and didn't think to tell Harry it was inappropriate. So it seems both royal sons are a bit insensitive.

Old Post 01-15-2005 01:25 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #17  quote:

He is not just a boy, GEESE! Expect something from this way ward kid who might wind up on the throne. Given the right circumstances. Know what I mean.\??

He has a whole entourage and you mean no one in the whole lot thought this"costume" was way out of line?
D

Old Post 01-15-2005 01:37 AM

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #18  quote:

just so you know hes the "spare" if william crocks it. i dont think that harry will accually get the throne, i mean charles is next, hes got at least 20 yeas on him (if all goes well) and then there william, and he should have children, then haryy will be totally out of the picture

Old Post 01-15-2005 01:44 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #19  quote:

If Prince Charles marries Camilla Parker Bowles, then he has no chance of ever being King. It will go straight to William. I also think if the Queen lives another five years, Prince Charles won't get the throne, William will be old enough to take over straight away.

Did you know that Prince Charles has been questioned over whether he organised to have Diana killed? Can you imagine what that does to a kid? Knowing your dad is suspect in your mother's murder? Wierd.

Old Post 01-15-2005 02:09 AM

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #20  quote:

if charles is uneligible to be on the throne, then i think william will be to, it will go to another of the queens children. but being king is charles' birth right. i would he have to give that up if he marries again? or is it just if he marries Camilla Parker Bowles

Old Post 01-15-2005 02:35 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #21  quote:

British people wouldn't accept Camilla, or anyone else probably, as their Queen. If he had stayed with Diana, Diana would be Queen and everyone would've loved that, but no one except Charles seems to like Camilla and even that's being debated at the moment.

It's not about Charles being ineligible, it just depends on how long the Queen lives and reigns. If she lives another 10 years and then abdicates, Charles would be pretty old then too, so Charles would only have a few years on the throne before Charles had to abdicate (or died or whatever) and then William would be King. Instead of Charles having a short period reign between the Queen and William it could be easier to just put William straight in.

Old Post 01-15-2005 02:58 AM

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #22  quote:

it doesnt work like that im afraid, the monarch doen't abdicate. they rule until they die, nomater what age they are, there have been infant kings, and 9 yearolds that accually sit in the throne and rule. some king only rules for 4 mounths i think, so if charles dies before the queen, then william wont be able to be king, because his dad wasnt so the next oldest son of the queen would be crowned.

Old Post 01-15-2005 03:06 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #23  quote:

If Charles became King and once King wanted to marry Camilla, he would have to abdicate, I think she is the wrong religion for him to be able to be married to her if he's King. So same if he marries her, I think he can't be King.

William is next in line of succcession regardless of whether Charles becomes King or not. The official Line of succession is:

HRH The Prince of Wales (b. 1948)
HRH Prince William of Wales (b. 1982)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales (b. 1984)
HRH The Duke of York (b. 1960)
HRH Princess Beatrice of York (b. 1988)
HRH Princess Eugenie of York (b. 1990)
HRH The Earl of Wessex (b. 1964)
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor (b. 2003)
HRH The Princess Royal (b. 1950)
Peter Phillips (b. 1977)

So the process for selection of the next monarch is Charles marries Cmaila and therefore becomes ineligible would be:

quote:
The procedure is roughly as follows. If individual A is dead or ineligible: 1. look for A's eldest-born male B (if none were born, go to 3). 2. If B is dead or ineligible, go to 1 with "B" instead of "A". 3. If no candidate meeting the criteria is found, return to A, find the the next eldest-born male C; repeat steps 1-3 with "C" instead of "A", until a candidate is found or all of A's male children are exhausted. 4. Repeat steps 1-3 with "female" instead of "male". 5. If no candidate has been found yet, go to A's royal parent D and look for D's next eldest-born male, repeating steps 1-4 with "D" instead of "A". 6. If no candidate has been found, go to D's royal parent E and repeat steps 1-5. 7. Keep going climbing up the royal genealogy.

Individual A being Charles, you go to his son, being William. So William could be King without Charles having ruled.

Old Post 01-15-2005 03:25 AM

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #24  quote:

to tell you the truth, i would prefer if chales couldnt be king, william would make a much better modern king, he did alot of work in 3rd world countries, like his mother did before she died. maybe because im young and prefer someone nearer my age, but there you go

Old Post 01-15-2005 03:44 AM

Barbed wire
Veteran

Local time: 04:34 PM

post #25  quote:

quote:
lodgebo said this in post #10 :
I think what USA1 said is right about the Nazis and what happened in Europe is part of the issue but also the fact that this is the time we remember the holocaust and the guy is seen wearing a Nazi uniform it could have been worse apparently he was looking for an SS uniform

That uniform looked very much alike desert variant of German uniform which Rommel's troops could wear in North Africa. In this case, Prince Harry have insulted the memory of those British soldiers who sacrificed their lives. They may have thought themselves betrayed if they knew their Prince would wear such a uniform. "If it offended someone"...

Old Post 01-17-2005 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Barbed wire a Private Message Find more posts by Barbed wire Add Barbed wire to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Barbed wire REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #26  quote:

quote:
flying panda said this in post #25 :
to tell you the truth, i would prefer if chales couldnt be king, william would make a much better modern king, he did alot of work in 3rd world countries, like his mother did before she died. maybe because im young and prefer someone nearer my age, but there you go

I am the same. I think William would be a better King than Charles. Charles is too out of touch with the people. William is very much a "people-person" I think William would make a great King!

Old Post 01-17-2005 02:45 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #27  quote:

Harry Apologises For Costume Choice

Prince Harry has apologised for his decision to wear a Nazi uniform to a fancy dress party in Wiltshire last Saturday. Clarence House released the statement late Wednesday evening prior to the embarrassing pictures hitting newsstands early Thursday morning.

"I am very sorry if I caused any offence or embarrassment to anyone. It was a poor choice of costume and I apologise," read the Prince's statement.

While the latest gaffe from the Queen's 20-year-old grandson has incurred the wrath of Jewish human rights organisations around the world, the Board of Deputies of British Jews accepted the Royal apology. But others have insisted the young Prince should apologise in person.

The incident comes just two weeks before the British Royal family is set to take part in commemorative ceremonies marking the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz concentration camp in Poland.

- Hello Magazine

Old Post 01-17-2005 02:47 AM

USA1
INReview Maven

post #28  quote:

Thank God Charles married somebody outside his family (Diana). Inbreading causes so many problems. Too bad there are still a few corrupted genes in the family yet.

Old Post 01-17-2005 02:56 PM

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #29  quote:

Ha Ha USA. Now read this to show Jolly ol Charlie has or is making changes that will allow him to marry his"friend" Camilla

Anything But Woolly
Prince Charles is not noted for his religious fervour, even if his official website says that he is ?profoundly attached to the traditional rites of the Church of England and to the Book of Common Prayer?. Heir to the roles of Supreme Governor of the Church and Defender of the Faith, he has commented that the latter position ought to be rebadged simply ?Defender of Faith?. But now he has launched a multi-faith initiative that seems anything but woolly.

The religious campaign will see Prince Charles taking the lead in moves to bridge the faith divide in schools, relief work and deprived areas.

Schemes under consideration include opening Muslim faith schools to other religions, providing refuge for victims of sectarian violence in Northern Ireland and joint Christian/Muslim aid for the West Bank.

Church of England officials are said to be planning changes to their marriage rules, to allow Charles to marry long-time lover Camilla Parker Bowles.

Never let it be said that any English King or heir ever let duty come before the "lady"they love
D

This artiiiiicle was printed in 2002 so by now there may very well be a change in the rulesof marriage. Why not?

D

-

Old Post 01-17-2005 05:58 PM

USA1
INReview Maven

post #30  quote:

Boy I'd hate to see their kids. If you mix mud with mud, you get more mud.

Diana was the best thing to happen to the Royals. Unfortunatley Harry got most of his genetic makeup from his dad.

Opening Muslim faith schools to other religions? I bet that will be an uphill battle. More Jihad I suspect.

Old Post 01-17-2005 06:12 PM
Time: 01:34 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (3):  [1] 23 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > The World > Prince Harry the Nazi
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: