Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Unexplained Phenomena & Conspiracy > Ghosts & The Paranormal > Scariest DREAMS (aka night terror/nightmare)
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 02:27 AM

post #31  quote:

Yeah, if someone was rough enough to kill off Spider-Man, I'd get the hell out of Dodge too!

Old Post 12-22-2003 04:12 PM
Click here to Send TearUUp a Private Message Find more posts by TearUUp Add TearUUp to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore TearUUp REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #32  quote:

Wait, "nerve-gas?" NERVE GAS?

Old Post 12-22-2003 04:12 PM
Click here to Send TearUUp a Private Message Find more posts by TearUUp Add TearUUp to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore TearUUp REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Pulse
INReview Maven

Local time: 04:27 AM

post #33  quote:

quote:
TearUUp said this in post #32 :
Wait, "nerve-gas?" NERVE GAS?

Laughing gas is better At least you would die happy

Old Post 12-23-2003 03:18 AM
Click here to Send Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse Add Pulse to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Pulse REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #34  quote:

Yeah, but your sides would hurt like someone kicked you in the ribs for ten hours straight!

Old Post 12-23-2003 03:51 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 03:27 AM

post #35  quote:

I had this dream a couple of years ago, and it was so weird and so disturbing that I sat at the computer and wrote it all down while I still remembered it. The dream doesn't make any sense to me, it is mostly emotions like fear, love, remorse/guilt, courage, and awe.

I would call it a nightmare. Sorry, I had the caps lock on when I wrote it down, and I just copied and pasted it here.

I AM ON THE SCHOOL BUS COMING BACK FROM SCHOOL. I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL.

DAVID LETTERMAN IS DRIVING THE BUS. AS WE COME TO MY ROAD, I NOTICE ABOUT 15 HALF MONKEY, HALF VAMPIRE BAT THINGS RUNNING NEXT TO THE BUS.

LETTERMAN PULLS TO THE STOP AND SAYS TO GET OUT. HE DOES NOT THINK THEY WILL HURT US. BROTHER GETS OFF FIRST, AND IS INSTANTLY ATTACKED.

I GET OFF TO HELP. ONE LATCHES ON TO MY HEAD AND SINKS IN THE VAMPIRE BAT TEETH. LOTS OF BLOOD IS RUNNING FROM MY HEAD.
BUT I AM NOT SCARED, I FEEL BRAVE.

WE ARE IN THE YARD NOW. I TAKE A KNIFE AND CUT THE MONKEY BATS THROAT AND TAKE IT?S HEAD CLEAN OFF. I CONTINUE ON AND KILL MOST OF THEM, ALL 15 AND THEY ARE ALL NOW DEAD.

I AM BLEEDING BAD, BUT AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT IT. I HAVE NO PAIN. SOMEONE SAYS IN THE DREAM WAY, NOT REALLY A VOICE, BUT MORE OF A KNOWING, THAT MARTY STOUFFER, THE DUDE THAT DOES THE NATURE SHOWS IS ON THE WAY, AND HIS GOAL IS TO SAVE THE MONKEY BATS, THEY ARE CREATURES OF THE EARTH.

I FEEL PANIC AND HORROR THAT I WILL BE ?CAUGHT? FOR KILLING THE MONKEY BATS. AT THIS TIME I SEE MY BROTHER AND HE IS HIDING AN ELEPHANT IN A SHED IN THE BACK YARD.

IT IS A BABY ELEPHANT. I FEEL THAT HE IS HIDING HIM BECAUSE HE KNOWS MARTY IS ON THE WAY AND THAT HE WILL GET BUSTED FOR HAVING AN ELEPHANT. I NOTICE THE TOP OF THE SHED IS ON FIRE, BUT I IGNORE THIS AND SEE IT A NON ISSUE.

TWO CARS PULL UP FULL OF PEOPLE. I AM SCARED NOW THAT IT IS THE GOVERNMENT OR MARTY. I FEEL TERROR AT BEING IN TROUBLE. INSTEAD IT IS JOHN WAYNE.

HE IS ABOUT 59 AND HE HAS A BUNCH OF 60?S GO GO DANCERS WITH HIM. I JOIN THEM ALL IN THE YARD, WHICH IS NOW MADE OF BEACH SUGAR SAND AND DANCE WITH JOHN AND THE GIRLS.

I LIKE IT. IT IS FUN. I DANCE LIKE JOHN TRAVOLTA IN PULP FICTION. I FIT IN.

SUDDENLY, THE SUPERFRIENDS DROP IN FROM OUT OF THE SKY. THEY ARE NOT CARTOONS HOWEVER THEY ARE KIND OF LIKE OUT OF X MEN AND HAVE ELECTRONS FLYIN AROUND THERE HEADS AND ARE ANGELIC AND GOD LIKE.

THEY LOOK POWERFUL AND I FEAR THEM. THEY ASK ME WHY I KILLED THE MONKEY BATS. I TRY TO REASON WITH THEM THAT THEY WERE HURTING US. THEY SEEM ANGRY THAT I KILLED THEM AND I FEEL SHAME.

THEY SEEM TO BE COMING AROUND TO NOT BEING SO MAD WHEN I NOTICE THE SHED IS IN FULL FLAMES. I PANIC AND RUSH TO IT. ONE OF THE SUPER FRIENDS OPENS THE DOOR AND THE BABY ELEPHANT IS HURTING.

HE LIMPS OUT OF THE BURNING SHED. I START CRYING. I WANT TO HELP HIM. I FEEL IMMENSE GUILT. I BALL LIKE A BABY. I TOUCH HIS SKIN AND IT IS HOT, I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THE ELEPHANT. ONE OF THE SUPER HEROS ASKS WHY I AM CRYING SO HARD, THAT THE ELEPHANT IS NOT HURT SO BAD, THAT HE WILL MAKE IT.

I LOOK AT THE ELEPHANT AND FEEL INTENSE LOVE FOR IT, GUILT AND REMORSE THAT IT IS BURNT. THEN I WOKE UP.

Last edited by Whidden on 12-24-2003 at 03:59 AM |
Old Post 12-24-2003 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #36  quote:

quote:
TearUUp said this in post #34 :
Yeah, but your sides would hurt like someone kicked you in the ribs for ten hours straight!

That's true. It only takes a few minutes of laughing for my ribs to start hurting...

Old Post 12-24-2003 04:41 AM
Click here to Send Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse Add Pulse to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Pulse REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Shadow Stalker
ME

post #37  quote:

whoah...thats one weird dream whidden.
and i'm not sure if it was nerve gas or not. it was just some sorta poison gas that killed spidey.

Old Post 12-24-2003 04:44 AM
Click here to Send Shadow Stalker a Private Message Visit Shadow Stalker's homepage! Find more posts by Shadow Stalker Add Shadow Stalker to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Shadow Stalker Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #38  quote:

Whidden...ya'll need to lay off the late night snacks before going to sleep!!! That was one crazy dream!!! And that you remembered such detail is pretty cool! Um, because of the damn Hobbit threads and the fact that I don't like the hobbits out of LOTR (no yelling at me I get that enough in the other thread), I had a dream that I was some sort of monster sent to the Shire to shred all Hobbits!!! Don't throw nothing...I am always watching!

Old Post 12-24-2003 03:39 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #39  quote:

The only reason I remembered it was cause I wrote it down right away after I got up.

Thankfully I don't have dreams like that everynight! I would be a mental basket case.

Old Post 12-24-2003 04:00 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #40  quote:

Did you know that dream experts say that you actually only remember a small fraction of the actual dream and that your mind fabricates the remainder as you are thinking about it? Like you might think that you are dreaming about getting chased by sharks in an ocean while pirates are stabbing swords at you and there is a volcano under the water getting ready to erupt! When, maybe you were in fact dreaming of a leaky faucet? Do you buy that theory?

Old Post 12-24-2003 04:33 PM

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #41  quote:

I have a Dream Dictionary that I used to keep by my bedside and everytime I had a dream I could remember I would look it up. The only thing is, it would have things in there like "artichokes" and ""flying car" but not "store" or many things very common. I still have it but I don't know where. Anyone have a good Dream Dictionary?

Old Post 01-10-2004 01:10 AM
Click here to Send maxwell55 a Private Message Find more posts by maxwell55 Add maxwell55 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore maxwell55 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #42  quote:

Maxwell, if you find one with Monkey-bats in it, let me know......

Old Post 01-10-2004 01:25 AM

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #43  quote:

If I had a Dream Dictionary, I would be afraid to look up some of my dreams

Old Post 01-10-2004 05:17 AM

Heatherhobbit
INReview Maven

post #44  quote:

quote:
TearUUp said this in post #40 :
Did you know that dream experts say that you actually only remember a small fraction of the actual dream and that your mind fabricates the remainder as you are thinking about it? Like you might think that you are dreaming about getting chased by sharks in an ocean while pirates are stabbing swords at you and there is a volcano under the water getting ready to erupt! When, maybe you were in fact dreaming of a leaky faucet? Do you buy that theory?

This partly true. Are mind treat the dream like a movie. The creative part of our brain fills in the plot holes and adds drama and meaning.

Old Post 01-10-2004 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Heatherhobbit a Private Message Find more posts by Heatherhobbit Add Heatherhobbit to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Heatherhobbit REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #45  quote:

Monkey-Bats? See...Wizard of Oz!!! Hahahahaha

Old Post 01-12-2004 05:34 PM

Jokers_Harley
In the Now Guru

Local time: 01:27 AM

post #46  quote:

I once had a dream that I was walking in this old neighborhood in Peru where I guessed I had lived in (?) and I came accross this house..... it was beautiful and completely made of stone except for the door........ which was made of some of the nicest wood I had seen and hada knocker in the shape of a mans head made of silver............

I see myself walking by this house about 3 or 4 times and everytime I do I get this sense of longing and of such sadness........... as if I had either lived here or something that had happened in this house had affected me.............. yet never in my dream during those 3 or 4 times did I get the courage to knock upon that door.................

Later it seems, maybe the next day, and before I leave Peru again I go by this house once again............ this time I decide to enter............ (this is where it gets weirder) somehow I have been carrying the key to the front door in my purse the whole time and I use it to open to front door......... the place is a mess, cobwebs and dust everywhere........ I am deathly afraid of spiders but decide I need to go on anyways.......... there are tons of furnishings there that have been covered in white sheets to protect them, it seems.......... I see myself going one by one to all these things and removing the sheets........... the room has been dark the whole time because the curtains are closed............but as soon as the last sheet is removed, the rooms get suddenly brighter and I realize that all the candles in the place are burning brightly........ also I realize that I am no longer alone in the house because I hear voices moving from room to room........... I run to the top floor (3?) chasing these illusive voices and as I pass by a mirror I stop to glance at myself............. only it is not really me looking back anymore........... I see a girl who looks like me but who is dressed differently................ and I guess in my dream I suddenly start to remember my past..........all I can tell you is that the feeling of longing gets 3xs WORSE, as if I am missing a VERY important part of my life............. the very core of me! I run wildly thru all the rooms searching for SOMETHING, only I do not know what it is......... I open doors, drawers, books, anything that could lead me to this thing but after hours of searching I am no nearer than when I began.............. I am crying really badly because of this thing I am missing............. and thus I continue to search still..................... my dream goes on like this for what seems like hours.............. and when I wake up I find myself crying and so depressed and like I am really missing something.............. I can't explain it but everytime I have this dream, because it is a recurring one, I wake up the same way with this terrible feeling of longing.............. to this day I don't know what it could be............ and I have read all the dream dictionaries I can find

Old Post 01-14-2004 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Jokers_Harley a Private Message Find more posts by Jokers_Harley Add Jokers_Harley to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Jokers_Harley REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #47  quote:

THAT was weird Harley!

Old Post 01-15-2004 03:15 PM

Jokers_Harley
In the Now Guru

Local time: 01:27 AM

post #48  quote:

Yeah but I still have this nightmare from time to time Tear .............. and when I do Joshua has to console/hold me for a few hours........ I know how pathetic, uh?? But this dream is so realistic that I wake up with the same feelings I was experiencing in my dream..........takes a little bit of time for me to shake off the depression......... go figure..............

Old Post 01-15-2004 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Jokers_Harley a Private Message Find more posts by Jokers_Harley Add Jokers_Harley to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Jokers_Harley REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #49  quote:

Hey, I tweak out bigtime in my sleep! My wife is always ready for me to start trippin'!

Old Post 01-15-2004 09:42 PM
Time: 09:27 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Unexplained Phenomena & Conspiracy > Ghosts & The Paranormal > Scariest DREAMS (aka night terror/nightmare)
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: