Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > What the hell is wrong with parents now adays?
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 04:41 PM

post #31  quote:

Not all parents nowadays are that bad, luckily. I would like to take this moment to say that my parents are really really cool and that they don't even own clothing like that.

Old Post 05-21-2005 08:22 PM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Benyamin
Monterey Sea Otter

post #32  quote:

Isn't it obvious what is wrong with parents these days?

it is that they are not really thinking about their children's needs.
When I was brought up, parents believed that their children came first and everything revolved around the upbring of the children. Not so today. Society has made objects such as money more important than the true real things in life (such as our families and our Friends). The key to good parenting is not experience (that will come later) but loving your child above all else, PERIOD.

I know it's a very simplistic idea but coming from this very simple person, but what else can I say.

Old Post 05-24-2005 06:29 AM
Click here to Send Benyamin a Private Message Visit Benyamin's homepage! Find more posts by Benyamin Add Benyamin to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Benyamin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #33  quote:

quote:
Benyamin said this in post #32 :
Isn't it obvious what is wrong with parents these days?

it is that they are not really thinking about their children's needs.
When I was brought up, parents believed that their children came first and everything revolved around the upbring of the children. Not so today. Society has made objects such as money more important than the true real things in life (such as our families and our Friends). The key to good parenting is not experience (that will come later) but loving your child above all else, PERIOD.

I know it's a very simplistic idea but coming from this very simple person, but what else can I say.

Simple but true

Old Post 05-26-2005 05:28 AM
Click here to Send Mr. F a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. F Add Mr. F to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Mr. F REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kiana*b2kangel*
Angel in Disguise

Local time: 06:41 PM

post #34  quote:

quote:
Youdontlikeme said this in post #6 :
I blame sales

I blame MTV

Old Post 06-06-2005 05:23 AM
Click here to Send kiana*b2kangel* a Private Message Find more posts by kiana*b2kangel* Add kiana*b2kangel* to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore kiana*b2kangel* REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kiana*b2kangel*
Angel in Disguise

post #35  quote:

dang fuscia already said it, lol...well i blame TV

Old Post 06-06-2005 05:25 AM
Click here to Send kiana*b2kangel* a Private Message Find more posts by kiana*b2kangel* Add kiana*b2kangel* to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore kiana*b2kangel* REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kiana*b2kangel*
Angel in Disguise

post #36  quote:

oh wow, i didn't mean to post like 100 times, my computer just keep actin slow *hits computer*

Old Post 06-06-2005 05:30 AM

kiana*b2kangel*
Angel in Disguise

post #37  quote:

what^....i coulda sworn i jsut seen my post appear like seven times..ignore dat

Old Post 06-06-2005 05:32 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #38  quote:

It is the site. Just wait for your posts to go through. I got rid of your multiple posts for you.

Old Post 06-06-2005 05:33 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kiana*b2kangel*
Angel in Disguise

post #39  quote:

ohhh o.k. thanx, i thought i was seein things, lol

Old Post 06-06-2005 05:35 AM

Gold Member
Benyamin
Monterey Sea Otter

post #40  quote:

I was thinking back on what my parents did for me in the fifties and realized that parenting today is so much different than back then. I can remember going out to play and they didn't seem to care where I was as long as I got back for dinner or lunch (which gave me the ability to explore the world around me. my favorite pastime) Nowadays I wouldn't let my young child (if I had one)out of my sight for 1 minute. It is just to dangerous out there.
The kids back in my time in school would be cruel by laughing at you. Today the kids are cruel by shooting or stabbing you.

So perhaps the problems today with kids are not so much with the parents as they are with the out of control world we live in.

not being a parent this is really only a hunch.

it has to be 5 times tougher to be a parent today than it was 50 or even 40 years ago.

(oh and in regards to the original idea behind this thread "The sexualization of our kids, that is probably due to the parents allowing their kids to watch too much TV)

Last edited by Benyamin on 06-06-2005 at 04:25 PM |
Old Post 06-06-2005 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Benyamin a Private Message Visit Benyamin's homepage! Find more posts by Benyamin Add Benyamin to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Benyamin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kiana*b2kangel*
Angel in Disguise

post #41  quote:

and because parents these days are so skeptical that makes kids these days more eager to know about the world around them and that is what changes the whole perspective of children because they realize that once they do something fun its probably goign to be their last chance so they take risks, so i blame the parents for bieng really over protective, but at the same time i don't blame them because the world today is just outta control ....(this is from a teenager's point of view)

Old Post 06-06-2005 05:10 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #42  quote:

quote:
Benyamin said this in post #40 :
I was thinking back on what my parents did for me in the fifties and realized that parenting today is so much different than back then. I can remember going out to play and they didn't seem to care where I was as long as I got back for dinner or lunch (which gave me the ability to explore the world around me. my favorite pastime) Nowadays I wouldn't let my young child (if I had one)out of my sight for 1 minute. It is just to dangerous out there.
The kids back in my time in school would be cruel by laughing at you. Today the kids are cruel by shooting or stabbing you.

So perhaps the problems today with kids are not so much with the parents as they are with the out of control world we live in.

not being a parent this is really only a hunch.

it has to be 5 times tougher to be a parent today than it was 50 or even 40 years ago.

(oh and in regards to the original idea behind this thread "The sexualization of our kids, that is probably due to the parents allowing their kids to watch too much TV)

Don't know if it's kids watching too much TV, maybe it's the parents relying on the TV to teach them and have it act like a babysitter. Same thing with the Internet and video games. They're letting technology shape their children and lagging on their parental responsibility. I would watch movies and television a lot growing up, but my parents also had me playing little league, soccer, basketball, you name it. I rode my bike all the time, basically got out of the house. Also, my parents would encourage me to ask questions about what I saw. You think they wanted me to learn what a gay person was from seeing Jack Tripper on Three's Company? It's about responsibility. Some Gen-X'ers are using a bastardized version of the way they were raised, except it's ten times easier with all that's out there compared to when they were little. The Happy Meal generation has 100's of TV channels, all sorts of imagery and information that?s available in an instant. Parents are giving kids the keys to a proverbial car and not showing them how to drive. Just have to watch out for them when they're on the road of life.

-HECK!

Old Post 06-07-2005 09:19 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

Local time: 07:41 PM

post #43  quote:

I hate my parents. I use to tell them everything and I use to talk to them everyday. But then the things I use to tell them would all of a sudden get out to the public. These are private things and so now I don't ever talk to them or tell them anything because they don't respect anything I own and cannot be trusted.

Old Post 06-07-2005 04:42 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #44  quote:

I never tell my parents anything. I could see myself getting married and having kids, and they don't even find out til a few years later

Old Post 06-07-2005 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #45  quote:

Same here.

Old Post 06-07-2005 07:42 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 12:41 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > What the hell is wrong with parents now adays?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: