Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Gothic people
Search this Thread:
Pages (4): « 12 [3] 4 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

Local time: 02:25 PM

post #61  quote:

quote:
Pulse said this in post #60 :

I don't know. I think maybe I was born (or should I say hatched?) like this becausee I've been depressed my whole "life". But, I guess you get used to it after a while and it doesn't really bother you as much any more. It just sort of becomes a way of life for you.

Thank you for your response Pulse. You've helped me understand a bit more about goth. Although it is not something I like to look at, a person can't help but wonder what brings someone to the state they are in. I mean this about anything, and not just goth.

Someone posted earlier, why do homeless wear rags, why do preppy people dress the way they do... etc. You can go so far as to say, why do celebreties waste money on expensive jewlry and live a high life, as if they are above the rest of the people?

No one really wants to get into the heart of a person, but instead, they can only see people's outward appearance.

I may be wrong in how I've assumed goths are. I see them as people being rejected for so long, that perhaps their acceptence comes from those that express themselves in the same way.

Granite, they push themselves into more rejection by people who refuse to look into their hearts, but at the same time, they form a bond with other people like them. It's better than being alone.

I will remember you Pulse, the next time I see someone dressed gothic, and I will remember your words. You just helped me to want to strike up a friendly conversation with them. Thank you.

Old Post 12-06-2003 04:23 PM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #62  quote:

Glad I could shed some light on the subject for you...so to speak I see it like this, everyone is born innocent. Everyone becomes who they are going to be for the rest of their lives through the way that others treat them. If you are treated badly enough times, you will eventually have a bad attitude and out look on life and everyone/thing in it. No one is "born" goth. They are created. As for posers, posers are just people who like that way of life and that style of dress. They are just pretending to be something that they aren't. Because posers haven't had to actually go through rejection, or extreme cruelty from others, they don't really understand those who have. People seem to fear and not like what they don't understand. And most people don't even make an effort to try to understand others and why they are the way that they are.

Old Post 12-06-2003 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse Add Pulse to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Pulse REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #63  quote:

Pulse, have you read the book The Catcher in The Rye if you have not its about this kid (Holden) who is scared to grow up and he wants to be the catcher in the rye to catch the other small innocent kids from falling off this cliff into adult hood. He says once you grow old you become different and become a thief or a crook. This kind of ties into what you were saying.

Old Post 12-06-2003 07:42 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Larke2000
INReview Maven

post #64  quote:

a lot of people are dealt sh**ty hands. no one person holds a monopoly on a rough life. its what you do with it that proves your character and your mettle. don't blame society for making certain choices easier to make than others.
this was more of a rant to the overall content than a declaration to anyone specific so please, no one take offense.

Old Post 12-06-2003 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Larke2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Larke2000 Add Larke2000 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Larke2000 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #65  quote:

quote:
chodder said this in post #63 :
Pulse, have you read the book The Catcher in The Rye if you have not its about this kid (Holden) who is scared to grow up and he wants to be the catcher in the rye to catch the other small innocent kids from falling off this cliff into adult hood. He says once you grow old you become different and become a thief or a crook. This kind of ties into what you were saying.

No, I haven't read that book. Maybe I should...

Old Post 12-06-2003 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse Add Pulse to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Pulse REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

xxtearz0fdarkne
Rookie

Local time: 11:25 AM

post #66  quote:

ok this is really really pissing me off..
ok how can these little preppies sit there and say "gothic people just wear black and all that **** for attention"
being a goth my self i dont really see wearing that kinda stuff as an attention getting devise thats who i am and im not gonna change who i am for some damn little stuck up preppy ***** who doesnt like me
and another thing is this these preppies say "goths just want attention"
hello! you are the same damn way just wearing diffrent clothes
ok tell me this all these chicks walk around in tight shirts with their damn boobs hanging out , skirts that are so short you can see everythin up in there, and short little shirts, now they wear this stuff cause they dont want attention? please they wear all those bearly there clothes so "boys will look at them and think they are hot" so dont tell me that i dress the way i dress because i want attention
now im not saying that all chicks wearing like that stuff they wear are out to get attention there may be some people who just feel comfortable in hardly any clothes
so if there are people like that then isnt it fair to say that there are people like me who wear black and that kinda stuff cause they feel comfortable in it?

Old Post 02-14-2004 01:33 AM
Click here to Send xxtearz0fdarkne a Private Message Find more posts by xxtearz0fdarkne Add xxtearz0fdarkne to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore xxtearz0fdarkne REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

IntegrityWave
Rookie

Gothics are discriminated against post #67  quote:

One of my best friends is gothic and i dont appreciate how they are treated. At my school the administration "dress codes" goths about the smallest things. Just last month they banned jelly bracelets from the campus. But this is what i dont get. How can the goths get dress coded when these preps are showing more skin than a nude bar.I am not gothic but i think it is bullcrap that everyone discriminates against goths. I think that everyone is allowed to wear whatever they want and get away with it. If its one group that needs to change its the preps.This is a free country and we are allowed to express our opinion and ideas

Old Post 02-14-2004 02:50 AM
Click here to Send IntegrityWave a Private Message Find more posts by IntegrityWave Add IntegrityWave to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore IntegrityWave REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

xxtearz0fdarkne
Rookie

gothicsare decriminated against post #68  quote:

being goth i dont understand why people dont like the way i dress i have come to the conclusion that everyone like that is just prejudice
these people are like "goths are stupid or just want attention"
thats like seeing a black person and saying "he is poor or he is uneducated"
thats like seeing a hispanic person and saying they are an ileagle citizen

goths are just like everyone else just cause they dress diffrent doesnt mean that they are bad or anything
all these god damn little preppy skanks are the ones who dont like the goth crowd

The rest of my nonsense was deleted by an administrator because apparently I have no ability to control my temper, nor present an argument in a respectable manner that others are willing to listen to. Make no mistake though that I am very, very angry.

Old Post 02-14-2004 02:52 AM
Click here to Send xxtearz0fdarkne a Private Message Find more posts by xxtearz0fdarkne Add xxtearz0fdarkne to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore xxtearz0fdarkne REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

Re: gothicsare decriminated against post #69  quote:

quote:
xxtearz0fdarkne said this in post #68 :
being goth i dont understand why (...) goths are stupid (...)they are an ileagle citizen

Your failures to utilize a single punctuation mark and to correctly spell "illegal" and "discriminated" do not make a compelling argument against goths being "stupid."

Furthermore, you'll have to tone down your language - I don't care how young and furious you are, if you put up a response like this last one again, you're out of here. People want to hear what you want to say, but not if you're going to say it like that.

Old Post 02-14-2004 03:05 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

xxtearz0fdarkne
Rookie

post #70  quote:

ok im really fed up with all these skank clothes manufacturers
like:
hollister
abrocrombie and fitch
limited too

just to name a few

one of my very educated and well informed friends told me that there is a law suit being filed against abrocrombie and fitch because they took pistures of people in the dressing rooms of their stores

now this is just what i think
ok could they make the shirts any tighter? oh but of course in adition to already wearing tight as* shirts they tie the shirts back with a hair tie (just to make sure they are totally see thru) and they are so low cut that when they walk their boobs wiggle and fall out of the shirt its like but you know all the damn administraters at school love that sh*t thats why they dont get dress code

now on to the skirts
they are do damn short now a days that you look at them and you can see their damn tampon string hanging out !!!!!! not to mention that they make them outta the most see thru material that they can get and they are like 2 sizes too small

now on to the pants
they are so damn tight that if you wore any type of panties that you could see the panty line so all these chicks have to wear like f*cking g-strings (not that they object to that) and then they are so tight you cant bend your damn knees and you waddle like a duck when you walk (all this **** for "good looks" )

now im not saying that i dont like the way they dress to the extent that im not going to be friends with a person like that but i just think that if all goths should have dress code regulations put on the things that they wear so should all the god damn hollister whores! we have to change our style for the dress code so should they!

Old Post 02-14-2004 03:14 AM

tearz0fdarknez
Rookie

post #71  quote:

im sorry that i cant spell
and im also sorry that you are too buzy focusing on the grammar, punctuation, and the way i like to express my self
that you cant even get the whole point of my damn statement

people like you give me an adverse lifestyle
ooh too big of a word for you?
im sorry maby i spelled it wrong

Old Post 02-14-2004 06:09 AM
Click here to Send tearz0fdarknez a Private Message Find more posts by tearz0fdarknez Add tearz0fdarknez to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore tearz0fdarknez REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #72  quote:

sometimes chicks look really hot all gothed out.

woo!

Old Post 02-14-2004 08:23 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

post #73  quote:

quote:
tearz0fdarknez said this in post #71 :
im sorry that i cant spell

Me too.

you cant even get the whole point of my damn statement[/B][/QUOTE]

Actually I skipped to that stuff because #1 your point was lost amid a slurry of obscenities that all fused together into one seething, shapeless blob that no longer made any sense. It's clear that you're pissed off - about "something" - who knows what though. You're pissed off at how other people dress? Why are you so worried about what other people do? What concern is it of yours? Seems like you've got some inner searching to do rather than lashing out at everyone around you, completely unable to express any intelligent thoughts about your surroundings.

quote:
people like you give me an adverse lifestyle
ooh too big of a word for you?

This is a fun quote because in it you both blame the rest of the world for who you are, then take a crack at an insult (a weak one at that) in order to make yourself feel better or something.

If you're so legit, why don't you focus on something positive and share with us all what it is to be "goth" and what it means to you and why you're so pissed off at the world rather than whining about other people's attire?

Old Post 02-14-2004 08:46 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #74  quote:

I don't wear black all the time. Mostly because I don't have enough of it to actually be able to wear it everyday. I don't dress to get attention either. I really don't give a **** what people think about me or about how I choose to dress. I will admit though, if I'm going out with someone and I really like this person then, yeah, I tend to try to "impress" them. But not everyone else. I'll hang up the black for a night and go out looking at least half way "normal". I want the person that I'm with to think that I look good. I want to get their attention, not everyone else's. I care about the feelings of the person that I'm with. If I'm not with anyone, then, I don't give a ****. If my wearing a considerable amount of black all the time bothers them, then I'll 'tone it down' a bit. But as far as I know, it's never bothered anyone that I've went out with. Basically, I don't do things to get attention. The less attention that I attract to myself, the better. And honestly, I must be doing a pretty good job at it because most people pretend that I'm invisible and don't pay me any attention. Either that or their afraid of me

Old Post 02-14-2004 11:28 PM

tearz0fdarknezx
Rookie

post #75  quote:

ok first of all im not pissed off about what other people are wearing im pissed off that they think that goths wear black for attention and that they (they being the little preppies) dont do exactly the same thing just wearing diffrent clothes

second my post is not just a big slurry mess if you took just 30 seconds to read it and try to relate to it maby youd remotly understand it.. somewhat
but no you are too fast with your big damn mouth you have to say something about it before you even get the picture

i am not mad at the world and i dont blame others for my problums.... all the time
and dont you sit there and tell me that nobody has ever made you felt bad with a comment and you think that you are depressed because of them and you blame them

you are too busy proofreading my post and saying sh*t about it that you dont even have time to get the whole thing

what is it your damn job to sit on the computer all damn day and say sh*t about peoples posts? if it is you needa get a life

Old Post 02-15-2004 06:49 AM
Click here to Send tearz0fdarknezx a Private Message Find more posts by tearz0fdarknezx Add tearz0fdarknezx to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore tearz0fdarknezx REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

post #76  quote:

Ah yes - very astute! Let's just look at your response here:

quote:
tearz0fdarknezx said this in post #75 :
ok first of all im not pissed off about what other people are wearing im pissed off that they think that goths wear black for attention and that they (they being the little preppies) dont do exactly the same thing just wearing diffrent clothes

Yeah, got that much out of it - is that all you have to say for yourself? You made your point, now substantiate it or move on or get over it or something.

I've got news for you: MOST-to=all who call themselves "goth" or "punk" or "gangsta" or whatever the hell do so for attention, period. I've never met a 50 year old gangsta, nor a 40 year old goth, nor a 30 year old punk. These things are youthful fads/phases that diminish with time & maturity. This, by definition then, is a young grasp for attention as you seek to discover yourself. Deny it all you want, you only deny yourself, which is no skin off my back.

(Oh and I love how those not like you can be easily labelled "preppies" as a distinctly identifiable group of people - how misguided you've been! )

quote:

second my post is not just a big slurry mess if you took just 30 seconds to read it and try to relate to it maby youd remotly understand it.. somewhat
but no you are too fast with your big damn mouth you have to say something about it before you even get the picture

Wrong again. Read it, understood it, bored of it already. You've only expressed one thought on the topic and yet you're already repeating yourself like a broken record. Everything else was rambling profanity - which is why your second posting was edited by yours truly.

quote:

i am not mad at the world and i dont blame others for my problums.... all the time

When you say something like, "people like you give me an adverse lifestyle" you effectively blame others for your problems. It's someone else's fault that you have an "adverse lifestyle". Straight from the horse's mouth.

quote:

and dont you sit there and tell me that nobody has ever made you felt bad with a comment and you think that you are depressed because of them and you blame them

No, not really - because I don't give a crap aout other people's comments.

quote:

you are too busy proofreading my post and saying sh*t about it that you dont even have time to get the whole thing

Yet another skip in the record - again: yes, read it, "got the whole thing" - there really wasn't much to get.

quote:

what is it your damn job to sit on the computer all damn day and say sh*t about peoples posts? if it is you needa get a life

Basically, yes. Wouldn't you love to get paid well to argue with people? Attourneys sure seem to like it.

Anyway, it's become painfully clear that you don't have much more to contribute here, so I'll not involve mysef further here except to request again that you maintain a minimum level of control over your comments while you're on the forum.

It's not about sensorship, it's just about maintaining a respectable atmosphere. There is a wide range of contentious topics on this site, and all of them have been carried on in a respectable manner - this topic should be no different.

Old Post 02-15-2004 07:49 AM

goth chick
Rookie

post #77  quote:

being gothick isnt that bad

im gothic and we r gust being r selfs

you shouldent say stuff like that about us

goth chick is me

Old Post 04-11-2004 07:59 PM
Click here to Send goth chick a Private Message Find more posts by goth chick Add goth chick to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore goth chick REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

goth chick
Rookie

post #78  quote:

its goth chick agein and thats to everyone in here who is saying bad things about gothic people when you dont even no them

do what if we ware alot of back who cares

Old Post 04-11-2004 08:01 PM
Click here to Send goth chick a Private Message Find more posts by goth chick Add goth chick to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore goth chick REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

goth chick
Rookie

post #79  quote:

its goth chick and that do is sapost to be so

Old Post 04-11-2004 08:02 PM

goth chick
Rookie

post #80  quote:

do so be sorry
reply if u want

Old Post 04-11-2004 08:03 PM

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

Local time: 07:25 PM

post #81  quote:

I get alot of people saying that i'm a goth, because i wear alot of black. Nearly my whole wardrobe is black! The reason for that is that it suits me. I have nothing against goths, and I don't understand why for some people it is a problem that others feel like expressing themselves in that way. What gets me is when peole over react about goths...they are ordinary people...sure they might dress a little differently, but so does everyone! It's the way they want to dress...accept it!

Old Post 04-11-2004 08:42 PM
Click here to Send peregr!n a Private Message Find more posts by peregr!n Add peregr!n to your buddy list Send an AIM message to peregr!n peregr!n's MSN ID is warrior_hobbit Click Here to Ignore peregr!n REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

post #82  quote:

Wow, i think that is the longest post i have ever posted!

Old Post 04-11-2004 08:42 PM
Click here to Send peregr!n a Private Message Find more posts by peregr!n Add peregr!n to your buddy list Send an AIM message to peregr!n peregr!n's MSN ID is warrior_hobbit Click Here to Ignore peregr!n REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #83  quote:

I've been asked if I eat rats...

Old Post 04-12-2004 01:43 AM

goth chick
Rookie

post #84  quote:

i was asked if i eat dirt and rome around in cematerys*** cuz im gothic

sowhat if i wear earings that look like scerws and if i shop at hot topic im shure alot of ppl do and i dont thing its fair that ppl call us strang amd weird cuz that its ust not wright that they call us scarry and call us abnocshis*** ppl got to learn *** how to rhink about r felings***

i ware black but thats not becuz im gothic its because i like the color and becuz iit suitz me

reply to me k ?k

Old Post 04-12-2004 03:06 AM

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #85  quote:

I like the color. Bright colors literally hurt the back of my eyes. I can't stand to look at them. I get headaches really easily too. Black...what an absolutely wonderful color

Old Post 04-12-2004 03:59 AM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #86  quote:

olive and brown too... real easy on the eyes

Old Post 04-12-2004 06:05 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

post #87  quote:

Black is slimming And it goes with everything!

Old Post 04-12-2004 01:26 PM

goth chick
Rookie

post #88  quote:

HI NO BAD THING ABOUT GOTIC PPL HERE YET

Old Post 04-12-2004 03:46 PM

goth chick
Rookie

post #89  quote:

HI NO BAD THING ABOUT GOTIC PPL HERE YET

Old Post 04-12-2004 03:46 PM

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

post #90  quote:

I have nothing against goths! And black is a wonderful color

Old Post 04-12-2004 05:04 PM
Click here to Send MistyRainWater6 a Private Message Find more posts by MistyRainWater6 Add MistyRainWater6 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MistyRainWater6 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 07:25 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (4): « 12 [3] 4 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Gothic people
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: