Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > People > Africans who contributed to America
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

Local time: 09:48 PM

post #31  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #28 :

1. Scotland having nukes - I post info from FOI Act. If info is wrong blame your gov.

WRONG how many times how thick are you? it is not Scottish nukes it is British nukes. Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland 4 countries that fight under a British Army. Do you think the subs in Rosyth are Scottish or British owned, the Palnes in Lossoemouth are Royal Air Force not Scottish Air Force, 45 Commando in Arbroath part of the Royal Marines commando and the Royal regiment of Scotland fight under the British army. Like everything else military owned they are the property of Britain and can only be fired under orders from the top and that is not a Scottish descion why would we have nukes we cant use? the only reason the nukes are here is that our nukes are fired from Subs like thwe ones docked in Rosyth.

2. Lance Armstong using steroids - posted info from NY Times and his auto where he admits to using steroids. If you don't beleive read book.

WRONG well not entirely wrong yes he used striods but we have been through this as well he needed the drugs to stay alive and fight cancer are you seriously going to hold that against hiom and was he not clearwed of any wrong doing by the appropriate body?

3 World Cup racism - I'm not fan of soccer but I notice African teams, with mostly Black players all having White coaches. And no European teams with a Black coach.

Well now you are twisiting your own words you said that "African teams have no black coaches", in 3 minutes I found you were wrong. It just proves your research is piss poor if nothing else. POS John Tigan was a black coach with Fulham in England, Frank Rijkarrd is a black coach with Barcelona the best team in Europe right now.

4 Black Jesus Movie - If somthing is not accepted, that means it is banned. No one makes a movie to be shown only in limted amount of theatres of one race. Jaws wasn't made for jewish communities. Passion of Christ wasn't limited to white neighborhoods.

Ok here goes firstly it is not banned so that another lie for your list. Secondly the people that own cinemas are not racists ( despite what you want to belive) they are business people and as such they want to show the films that will get people in the cinemas be it James Bond, Borat or that tap dancing penguin thing. Of course Malcolm we all klnow your problem if it went mainstream and flopped then we the cinema going public would be racists or non doubt the viewing figures would have been distorted. See Malcolm I have no desire to see this film and from what I have seen most people here don't want to see this film do you think that would change if it was in a big cinema? if so why. You need a reality check sunshine most of these films don't make it to big cinemas I saw an indie film last month called red road it was ace but never going to make the big cinemas cos it was niche film.

My posts are not the promblem, its your inability to admit when you are wrong or accept being wrong.

When I am wrong I admit I am wrong but the problem here is your inability to research anything properly and charge into it like a bull in a china shop. The Scottish nukes that are Britsh, the fil that is banned but is not the white coaches that were actually black. No research not one iota you just charged because you thought you saw a cause that you would attach yourself to. If you are going to make outlandish claim I suggest you do some research first.
It's YOUR problems Malcolm not OURS why can't you see that you are what you claim to stand against a little racist with an agenda the irony would be funny if it was not so pathetic.

Old Post 11-21-2006 06:31 PM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #32  quote:

Oh one last thing macolm I would not mind seeing this FOI thing you have that says Scotland has nukes for two reasons

1. I find it hard to belive that the British government is in the habit of giving out nuclkear secret to foreigners with an agenda and
2. I want to see this document that says the nukes are Scottish owned.

Old Post 11-21-2006 06:33 PM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 01:48 PM

post #33  quote:

Well, Scotland is apart of the Crown. If the old lady that represents you has nukes...

-HECK!

Old Post 11-21-2006 06:44 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #34  quote:

Well see it's not that simple Heck you have to remember that Scotland has responsabilities to the UK government in Westminster and devolved issues in Holyrood.

For example immigration, Scottish owned oil and defence = Westminster
Tax, health and crime = Holyrood

So because defence is cvontrolled by Westminster trhese nukes are owned, maintained, rewplaced and controlled by the government in Westminster. The Brisytish government are the legal owners of them not Scotland. Like I said to Malcolm the fighters and tanks and subs are not classed as Scottish so neither should the nukes if they were ever fired it would be by a British government command and we would have little or no say.

Anyway what really annoys me is that Macolm has in the past accused us of making secret nukes.

Old Post 11-21-2006 07:10 PM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #35  quote:

quote:
HECK! said this in post #33 :
Well, Scotland is apart of the Crown. If the old lady that represents you has nukes...

-HECK!

I agree. Lodgebo must be lawyer. But he doesn'tunderstand what United Kingdom means.

Old Post 11-22-2006 12:55 AM
Click here to Send malcolm xx a Private Message Find more posts by malcolm xx Add malcolm xx to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore malcolm xx REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 03:48 PM

Re: Africans who contributed to America post #36  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #1 :
contributers to development of america. were they in your history books?

Benjamin Bannecker - built the 1st clock and laid the design for Wasington DC

Norbert Rillieux- design the sugar refining industry

Lewis Temple- invented the harpoon

Jan Matzeligen- invented machine for mass production of shoes

Elijah McCoy- developed self-lubricating systems for cars and ships

Among Granville T. Woods- inveted railway telegraphy, overhead conductory system for elecetrical system for electerical railways and the 3rd rail for subway systems

Lewis Latimore- develop process that makde electric lamp run better than Edison

Dr. Ernest E. Just was 1st to discover that cell's nucleus was not the only determinant of heredity ..... etc

OJ....he was in one of my criminal justice books in college.

His attributes? He taught Americans how to get away with murder.

Old Post 11-22-2006 01:01 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #37  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #35 :

I agree. Lodgebo must be lawyer. But he doesn'tunderstand what United Kingdom means.

No I aint a lawyer but i think I would understand the political landscape of the United Kingdom better than you guys.

See Scotland is a devolved country right? but it is still a part of the union known as the United Kingdom, Wales and Ireland are the same. What I don't get is how you fail to grasp the simple concept that these nukes are British they are not Scottish or English or Irish or Welsh but British no indvidual country in the UK owns them.

Now malcolm about this FOI document you have that is going to prove me wrong the one that says Scotland has nukes where is it?

Old Post 11-22-2006 01:27 AM

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #38  quote:

To settle this once and for all Malcolm go and find out who's name is on the Nuclear Non - Proliferation Treaty is it Scotland or the United Kingdom?

Old Post 11-22-2006 01:34 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #39  quote:

Damn malcolm, what the hell is your problem? I think that Lodgebo knows quite a bit, seeings that he LIVES THERE!!! Drink that DECAF stuff... it will help.

Old Post 11-22-2006 02:53 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

Re: Re: Africans who contributed to America post #40  quote:

quote:
mystic said this in post #36 :

OJ....he was in one of my criminal justice books in college.

His attributes? He taught Americans how to get away with murder.

the legal system disagreed. check your criminal justice book. so legally he is innocent

Old Post 11-22-2006 10:21 PM
Click here to Send malcolm xx a Private Message Find more posts by malcolm xx Add malcolm xx to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore malcolm xx REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #41  quote:

No, he was found not guilty. There's a difference.

And he is liable for the crime and found guilty in civil court, however.

-HECK!

Old Post 11-22-2006 10:27 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Re: Re: Re: Africans who contributed to America post #42  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #40 :

the legal system disagreed. check your criminal justice book. so legally he is innocent

No, the legal system didnt disagree per se as he was found guilty in a civil trial. Legally he is not guilty of the murder BUT thats a far cry from innocent.

Anyhow, like I said...he taught Americans to get away with murder, which is what he did.

Old Post 11-23-2006 02:36 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #43  quote:

quote:
HECK! said this in post #41 :
No, he was found not guilty. There's a difference.

And he is liable for the crime and found guilty in civil court, however.

-HECK!

Heh...I should have read your post first...then I wouldnt have repeated what you already said.

Old Post 11-23-2006 02:38 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #44  quote:

Well, maybe it needs to be stated, multiple times!

And you two are right... just because he was "found" innocent of the murders... which, we all know that he was found that because there was too many things that left people on the jury questioning... he was held liable for it, and found guilty in a civil court. So, that says VOLUMES to those who can see the truth in front of their eyes.

Old Post 11-23-2006 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Sierradaddy
Days of Future Past...

post #45  quote:

In my opinion it was the overwhelming media behemoth covering the OJ trial that led to him being found not guilty. Too many people rooting for him would have lost it. I'm led to believe that's why he was found guilty in the civil trial. But that's just me.

This thread is a joke. Sorry Malcolm, I know that you are trying to say something positive here, and I appreciate the effort. However, Viper seems to have ellaborated on your points for clarity's sake, which is most important when starting a thread like this. If you want to show black achievements and black intelligence, please be more diligent in the presentation and preparation. I'm telling you, it makes a world of difference.

By preparation, I'm referring to:

research - be sure that what you are posting is verified by several respectable sources, not just the first couple ones that support your viewpoint.

By presentation, I'm referring to:

Expression - express your viewpoint in a manner that shows you are looking for change, but are being REASONABLE in how you are going about it. Be strong, be clear, be ACCURATE, and expect to have some potential detractors and critics or disagreements with people who don't see what you see. Be prepared for the critics and disagreements by doing your best to see them coming FIRST, before they get there, and preparing reasonable arguments that support your view, while not just shrugging off the criticism. You've got to embrace the debate just as much as you embrace the starting of new threads covering topics that are of apparent interest to you.

You can be controversial, but be PREPARED, not only with your topics and research, but also with what comes back from the controversy you incite. It comes with the territory, if you haven't yet taken notice.

That's my advice to you. Take it or leave it, but I think it's good advice, and I think you'll get more positive results by following it.

Old Post 11-24-2006 05:43 AM
Click here to Send Sierradaddy a Private Message Find more posts by Sierradaddy Add Sierradaddy to your buddy list Sierradaddy's MSN ID is smoothline98@hotmail.com Reply w/Quote

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #46  quote:

quote:
Sierradaddy said this in post #45 :
In my opinion it was the overwhelming media behemoth covering the OJ trial that led to him being found not guilty. Too many people rooting for him would have lost it. I'm led to believe that's why he was found guilty in the civil trial. But that's just me.

This thread is a joke. Sorry Malcolm, I know that you are trying to say something positive here, and I appreciate the effort. However, Viper seems to have ellaborated on your points for clarity's sake, which is most important when starting a thread like this. If you want to show black achievements and black intelligence, please be more diligent in the presentation and preparation. I'm telling you, it makes a world of difference.

By preparation, I'm referring to:

research - be sure that what you are posting is verified by several respectable sources, not just the first couple ones that support your viewpoint.

By presentation, I'm referring to:

Expression - express your viewpoint in a manner that shows you are looking for change, but are being REASONABLE in how you are going about it. Be strong, be clear, be ACCURATE, and expect to have some potential detractors and critics or disagreements with people who don't see what you see. Be prepared for the critics and disagreements by doing your best to see them coming FIRST, before they get there, and preparing reasonable arguments that support your view, while not just shrugging off the criticism. You've got to embrace the debate just as much as you embrace the starting of new threads covering topics that are of apparent interest to you.

You can be controversial, but be PREPARED, not only with your topics and research, but also with what comes back from the controversy you incite. It comes with the territory, if you haven't yet taken notice.

That's my advice to you. Take it or leave it, but I think it's good advice, and I think you'll get more positive results by following it.

I accept contructive critcism.I admit I'm inexperience in debating facts and defending the truth but that doesn't make my threads a joke and why am I inciting controversy for posting the truth?

I do research. This info had to come from somewhere.

Old Post 11-26-2006 11:03 PM

Staff
Sierradaddy
Days of Future Past...

post #47  quote:

To clarify, I was referring to the direction the thread went in. Your initial goal probably wasn't to have everybody in here basically bash on you, but that's kinda what happened again. I would suggest that it might be because of how clear Viper was in ellaborating on your original post, which showed everyone that your research was either incomplete, or you were intentionally being vague about the true measure of the contributions from the people you presented. After having been through several of your other threads, it just reinforced some people's belief that you are trying to express not THE truth, but YOUR truth. The reason I called this thread a joke, is because you should have been more thorough either in your research, or in your presentation. I wasn't trying to be mean, just constructively critical.

Also, when I spoke of controversy, I'm referring to FUTURE posts, if you choose to take heed of my advice in those posts you prepare in the future. You can be controversal if you choose to be in those posts, but be mindful that if you are, you most likely will get a backlash from your controversial position, if you present one, by those who vehemently disagree with you. I'm just ellaborating on what it would take to be prepared for an intelligent debate, again meaning to be constructively critical.

Old Post 11-28-2006 06:24 AM
Click here to Send Sierradaddy a Private Message Find more posts by Sierradaddy Add Sierradaddy to your buddy list Sierradaddy's MSN ID is smoothline98@hotmail.com Reply w/Quote
Time: 09:48 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > People > Africans who contributed to America
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: