Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Reunions > School > North Fort Myers High - Florida - 1986
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 06:48 PM

North Fort Myers High - Florida - 1986 post #1  quote:

Amy Harper

Becky Cuzzort

Fara Belt

Stephanie West

David Whidden

Hey, if anyone finds this on an internet search, post a reply.

Trying to get in touch with my old high school friends! ---David

Old Post 11-16-2004 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #2  quote:

I think it will be fun to post all the things friends wrote in my yearbook when they signed it.

This thread may go years before someone finds it, maybe posting the sigs with their names, someone will find it with a search.

Old Post 11-17-2004 02:35 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #3  quote:

quote:
Elmo,

Hey! Guess who this is, it's your old friend from "Scumcoast"!

We've been in journalism together for 2 years and it's been great. When you graduate next year or the year after, depending, I'll come to your graduation, I promise.

Who knows, maybe you'll get a job with Mad Magazine, then you can really put that wackiness of yours to work.

I'll see you over the summer and keep butherin' those chickens. Keep in touch at ***-****.

Love, Becky Duran Duran #1 86's #1

This was from my good friend Becky Cuzzort. She called me Elmo, because in middle school, I was a member of the Hillybilly Club, and my hillybilly name was Elmo Fester Willis Green.

The killing chickens part was cause I was working at Churches Fried Chicken at the time.

Old Post 11-17-2004 02:41 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #4  quote:

quote:
Dear David,

Time has gone by so fast, and we've grown so far apart. Still, our friendship remains.

Remember how we use to walk down the hall holding hands and how you always counseled me about Russel. I used to think we'd never change. I wish we hadn't because when those special times were gone, all we had left were memories.

I'll always love you David, not a boyfriend or a brother, but as one friend loves another. Deeply, honestly and forever.

God bless you!

Love always, Fara Belt.

I havn't talked to Fara since graduation.

Old Post 11-17-2004 02:47 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #5  quote:

I need to get off my lazy *** and try to call some of these people.

Old Post 11-17-2004 02:49 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #6  quote:

quote:
Elmo,

Guess what?

Maybe because of some of the mean things I'v done to you, I really honestly love you Elmo Fester Melvin Green Willis Junior the third.

Good luck, shape up and get out of here. (graduate), it's your turn, wish it was mine!

Luv and stuff, Missy Zane "88"

I think I saw missy about 3 years after graduation at Beef Steak Charlies and got to visit for a few minutes.

Old Post 11-17-2004 02:53 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #7  quote:

quote:
David,

Your'e a really great guy with a great personality. And a super journalist.

Keep up the good work.

Maybe someday we'll work on the same news staff. Have a great summer.

Love, Stacey Lee Stacy loves Kevin

Old Post 11-17-2004 03:08 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #8  quote:

quote:
Davie,

I can't believe I'm finally getting rid of you. Just kidding. It won't be the same around here without you. Good Luck.

John Russo

Old Post 11-17-2004 10:37 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #9  quote:

quote:
Hi Dave,

How's it going, I have known you for a very short time, but it has benn a wonderful experience. I hope to see you many more years, so don't forget me. Ever. Stay Sweet.

Richelle Williams

Old Post 11-17-2004 10:39 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #10  quote:

quote:
To Dave

I'll be back.

Tim Brown.

Old Post 11-17-2004 10:40 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #11  quote:

quote:
Dave,

I hope that we will keep in touch over the years because I have enjoyed being your friend. Never hesitate in asking me for a favor because you now that I'll help you out if you need it.

(and if it helps me says J.R.)

Johnathan Ray Hatfield

Old Post 11-17-2004 10:42 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #12  quote:

I'll post a pic of the old Journalism class from 86.

How did I ever get dates?!?!?!?!?! Look at that hair I had.

Woah.

Old Post 11-17-2004 11:02 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #13  quote:

For some reason I got my yearbook late in 86, or I was in a bad mood or something, I don't remember, but most of my sigs are in my junior year book from 85, so I will post those too.

Old Post 11-17-2004 11:06 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #14  quote:

quote:
Elmo,

For the last time, get that damn car cleaned out or it will be comdemned by the board of health.

By the way, next year, I'm not putting up with the **** that I put up with this year, such as nosing through my purse without asking, among other things I could name.

It's gonna stop next year!

I'm gonna come to your house sometime and burn it to the ashes.

I'm ****** pissed off at you. Goodbye!

Love, Mrs. Roger Taylor

P.S. your not invited either!

From the handwriting, this was from Becky Cuzzort, she was a big Duran Duran freak and was going to marry Roger Taylor.

I guess I had a dirty car back then. Ok, I know I had a dirty car.

Old Post 11-17-2004 11:11 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #15  quote:

quote:
To my dearest David,

It's been a hell of a year!

If it had lasted much longer I'm sure I'd have been as crazy as you are!

Maybe next year will be better. (Maybe I'll learn some self control and you won't have to make excuses to your girlfriend.)

But maybe next year you won't be immune to my many talents and charms.

Keep stealing lingerie and clean your car!

Love and all that stuff,

Amy Harper

I saw Amy about a year after school and went with her down to Naples in her volkwagon bug. We broke down on the way back to Fort Myers and had to walk a long way.

The guy she was dating picked us up in his Corvette and it had that 8 speaker surround sound. He played a Pink Floyd C.D. on the way back to Fort Myers.

That was the last time I saw her. I need to call her.

Old Post 11-17-2004 11:16 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #16  quote:

quote:
David,

A really good friend I have known a long time. Good luck in the future, with life and with Amy.

Friends always,

Don Landis

Old Post 11-17-2004 11:18 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #17  quote:

quote:
Dave,

You are the goofiest dude I know. But the sweetest, really.

Except when you pick on my music.

Thanks for all the laughs. You have made journalism quite interesting to say the least.

Take care and keep in touch. Hope to see you next year and hope we have some classes together.

I am crazy aren't I?

Have a great summer!!

Love you, Chris Winnett 86' rules The motley crue freak.

P.S. I'll buy you a case of raid for your car next christmas. (Trash queen! Trash Queen!!)

Trash Queen was a lyric in a song Chris used to play.

I actually worked with her at Churches Fried Chicken after school for a short time, then we lost contact. She was a nice girl.

Old Post 11-17-2004 11:24 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #18  quote:

quote:
My dear sweet darling Dave,

I've really enjoyed this school year.

Even more so when the two of us got together....How I love you.

You'll always be very important in my life. Don't ever forget that.

Tschub liebe immer,

Steffie

This was from Stephanie West.

I met her a couple of years after school and we went to pizza hut, and I took her for a ride out into the woods in my 66 4x4 suburban.

I would call her, but she moved to New York I think.

Old Post 11-17-2004 11:38 PM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 05:48 PM

post #19  quote:

Dude, this is some funny stuff.

When I first read Elmo I thought you had been named after Elmo from Sesame Street.

M.

Old Post 11-22-2004 05:02 PM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #20  quote:

quote:
adityamahesh said this in post #19 :
Dude, this is some funny stuff.

When I first read Elmo I thought you had been named after Elmo from Sesame Street.

M.

The hillbilly club was from 7th grade in middle school. We had a 3 ring binder and we all signed it with our hillbilly names.

There was a guy named Sambo, etc.

My name was Elmo Fester. I still have that notebook somewhere. I have not seen it in years and years. It might be in Florida, or in a drawer here somewhere.

If I find it in the move, I will take some pics of it and post it here.

Anyhow, some of the hillybilly members made it to North High with me, (some went to other high schools) and I got called Elmo in front of one of those girls I hung around with in journalism class.

You know how nicknames stick. So I called Elmo a lot after that.

(at least I had the foresight to not use a name like "stinky pete".

Man, this thread is not working, I did a search on google and could not find it.

Way to many north's on the internet, way to many highs, and the year 1986 is popular.

I tried looking up some of my old friends on the internet, but could not find any of them, except through hits with services that want 20 bucks to join.

I think the problem with the women is they got married and are not under their maiden names. I reversed some of the phone numbers with searches, but they came up dead.

Christina Winnet is on Classmates.com, but I'm not paying those bushwackers any money to join their site.

I'll just add old school memories to this thread at my leisure, until somebody finds it.

Old Post 11-26-2004 01:16 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #21  quote:

Looks like I will move on to my tenth grade yearbook:

quote:
David,

I just wanted to wish you the best of luck in the future with all you attempt to acomplish. May GOD truly bless and keep you in his company from now to eternity.

In christian love, Brian Mansell

God Bless!

Old Post 04-17-2005 12:21 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #22  quote:

quote:
David,

your a real nice guy who adds humor to Biology. Good luck in everything you do.

Love Laura Thomas

Old Post 04-17-2005 12:23 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #23  quote:

quote:
to David

a sweet guy who is always quiet.

I hope one day you can work it out with Ms. Kayusa. She's so mean.

well I hope you have a nice summer. See you next year.

your friend,

Richelle Hunter

Ms. Kayusa was the Bio teacher who told us that man created religion to offset the pain of seeing loved one's dead.

She had no business teaching that to us, she put her own political agenda into the class.

Plus she was mean as hell.

Old Post 04-17-2005 12:29 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #24  quote:

quote:
Dave,

thanks so much for making my sophomore year extra special.

And because I concider you one of my best friends, you can count on me picking you up for school next year, that is, if I get my car.

take care. have a great summer!

always,

Stephanie West '86

Wow, this brings back the memories, of when you are a teenager and your big life goals are to own a car, get a job and get a drivers licence.

Old Post 04-17-2005 12:32 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #25  quote:

And get a guy/girl. You forgot that goal.

M.

Old Post 04-17-2005 12:33 AM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #26  quote:

quote:
David,

to a guy that's been around since the 5th grade. To bad we didn't catch any fish at Fort Myers Beach!

Gus

Old Post 04-17-2005 12:33 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #27  quote:

quote:
adityamahesh said this in post #25 :
And get a guy/girl. You forgot that goal.

M.

Yeah, we wanted chicks!!!

Old Post 04-17-2005 12:36 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #28  quote:

quote:
Whidden said this in post #16 : David,

A really good friend I have known a long time. Good luck in the future, with life and with Amy.

Friends always,

Don Landis

Who is this Amy?

M.

Old Post 04-17-2005 12:38 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #29  quote:

quote:
adityamahesh said this in post #28 :

Who is this Amy?

M.

Amy was my girlfriend my senior year. She was a very nice girl, one of the sweetest souls I ever met.

She was into Duran Duran like the other girls. I met her family, they were the nicest folks you would ever meet.

Nothing but good memories of Amy.

Old Post 04-17-2005 12:43 AM

Ken NJ
INReview Maven

Local time: 07:48 PM

Kansas Law Dog Hunting For Old Flames post #30  quote:

quote:
I saw Amy about a year after school and went with her down to Naples in her volkwagon bug....That was the last time I saw her. I need to call her.

Try the (212) number....
Is this the same Amy now living in New York working for Bentley Meeker Lighting & Staging company off West 10th Street?
quote:
Amy was born in Washington State and lived all over the Western United States until settling in Arizona in 1987. She pursued acting and technical theatre in junior high and high school until landing her first professional job in 1992 at the Herberger Theatre Centre in Phoenix. Her love of lighting sent her to University of Arizona where she graduated with a BFA in: Theatrical Production with a Lighting Design Emphasis.

Amy has worked on hundreds of events and shows in her time. She has worked as a Freelance Designer, Production Manger, Production Electrician, Master Electrician, Technician, and Technical Director in NYC, NJ, FL, NC, AZ and the Bahamas. Amy has been working for BMLS since 2000 as Crew Chief. She joined as full time staff in 2004.

http://www.bentleymeeker.com/moreinfo.html

Last edited by Ken NJ on 06-26-2005 at 05:00 AM |
Old Post 06-26-2005 04:44 AM
Click here to Send Ken NJ a Private Message Find more posts by Ken NJ Add Ken NJ to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Ken NJ REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 12:48 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Reunions > School > North Fort Myers High - Florida - 1986
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: