Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Desperate Housewives > Desperate Housewives
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

Local time: 09:41 AM

re: Lynette and her missing kids post #31  quote:

Wait a minute...didn't Lynette have a least THREE boys and an infant?

This last episode her TWINS painted a little girl blue. It appears she is missing two children!

Can anyone confirm this please?

Old Post 10-25-2004 06:49 AM
Click here to Send lickety_split a Private Message Find more posts by lickety_split Add lickety_split to your buddy list Send a Yahoo message to lickety_split Click Here to Ignore lickety_split REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #32  quote:

Yeah LS, I think she is missing two kids.

I can see what you're saying Ken, but the character in Desperate Housewives is having an affair with a 17 year old, not a 12 year old like Latourneau. Huge difference. Though it's still totally wrong and inappropriate, It's still within the age of consent for most states. (Age of consent is usually 16) 12 year olds aren't even officially teenagers yet, while 17 year olds are 12 months shy of being a legal adult. Another thing that makes the idea more acceptable and less like child rape is the fact that males usually peak sexually at around 17 - 21, while females peak between 30 - 40. This would make the characters having the affair a perfect naughty match.

Old Post 10-25-2004 09:16 PM
Click here to Send chelktty a Private Message Find more posts by chelktty Add chelktty to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chelktty REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

post #33  quote:

Last nights show was hilarious..

Eva's husband saw the sock. Eva said it was her maids..she always dusted in size 13 socks.

Then the husband asked the boy toy if a cable man was there.

The husband beats up the cable guy only to dicover he's gay.

Teri shoves Nicollete into her date slot.

Teri's neighbor blackmails her.

What else are they going to inject?

I love this show. More of a comedy than a drama.

And Marci going to the strip club to get her son?

OMG......Funnnnnnnyyyyyyy!!

Old Post 10-25-2004 09:56 PM
Click here to Send becker a Private Message Find more posts by becker Add becker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore becker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

post #34  quote:

Becker: Yes, I'm with you on that one. Show is funny as hell and the writing is superb!

Except for the minor flaw I mentioned above.

Old Post 10-26-2004 07:40 AM
Click here to Send lickety_split a Private Message Find more posts by lickety_split Add lickety_split to your buddy list Send a Yahoo message to lickety_split Click Here to Ignore lickety_split REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Sierradaddy
Days of Future Past...

Local time: 08:41 AM

post #35  quote:

Could perhaps this show be doing a "Cosby"? Initially, the Cosby show was scripted for the Huxtables to have 4 children. In one of the first shows, Cliff Huxtable even says he has FOUR children, not five. The Sandra character was written in afterwards... I still don't know why....

Maybe Desperate Housewives is doing a "reverse Cosby", dropping kids out of the show... In anycase, the twins are the real focus of her desperation. But I remember her having 4 kids also.

Old Post 10-28-2004 05:05 PM
Click here to Send Sierradaddy a Private Message Find more posts by Sierradaddy Add Sierradaddy to your buddy list Sierradaddy's MSN ID is smoothline98@hotmail.com Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 06:41 AM

post #36  quote:

The missing kid. Maybe it is like Happy Days. the kid went upstairs and never came back.

What did everyone think of last nights show? I loved that part with the mother-in-law and the knitting needles.

Old Post 11-01-2004 09:20 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

post #37  quote:

I love this show. Getting the kids worn out...

Trapping her Mother-in-law...

Knitting needles....Tacit threats

Each character had good scenes.

Old Post 11-01-2004 09:33 PM
Click here to Send becker a Private Message Find more posts by becker Add becker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore becker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 06:41 AM

post #38  quote:

That was great her wearing out the kids. Man, I would bet most mom's that saw that were laughing like crazy.

Old Post 11-01-2004 09:38 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

post #39  quote:

Eva....baby......

Attachment:
evalongoria.jpg (17.2383 kb, 26 views)

Old Post 11-02-2004 06:24 PM

Staff
Sierradaddy
Days of Future Past...

post #40  quote:

Eva's HOT. But, the others aren't too bad either. Marcia Cross strips down to her lingerie in an upcoming episode to seduce her husband... It's been all over the entertainment news shows, because Desperate Housewives has taken a leading position in the ratings. With the Marcia-Cross-in-lingerie clip as advertising for the show, I'm sure it'll just take an even bigger lead...

This show is absolutely WONDERFUL. I can't find a single fault with it yet. Timing is perfect, pacing is excellent (pacing is my biggest knock against LOST, my other fave for the season...), the humour is fantastic, characters are enjoyable and engaging, situations are creative OR at the very least relatable to the audience in one way or another. I LOVE this show.

Old Post 11-05-2004 03:29 PM
Click here to Send Sierradaddy a Private Message Find more posts by Sierradaddy Add Sierradaddy to your buddy list Sierradaddy's MSN ID is smoothline98@hotmail.com Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

post #41  quote:

quote:
Sierradaddy said this in post #40 :
Eva's HOT. But, the others aren't too bad either. Marcia Cross strips down to her lingerie in an upcoming episode to seduce her husband... It's been all over the entertainment news shows, because Desperate Housewives has taken a leading position in the ratings. With the Marcia-Cross-in-lingerie clip as advertising for the show, I'm sure it'll just take an even bigger lead...

This show is absolutely WONDERFUL. I can't find a single fault with it yet. Timing is perfect, pacing is excellent (pacing is my biggest knock against LOST, my other fave for the season...), the humour is fantastic, characters are enjoyable and engaging, situations are creative OR at the very least relatable to the audience in one way or another. I LOVE this show.

I agree with everything you said. The "Lost"
pacing bugs me too. I tape it and fast forward lots of the junk footage.

Old Post 11-05-2004 07:14 PM

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

post #42  quote:

Lynnette has since found her infant and other son. She now has her 4 kids back. Thank you writers!

Isn't that great?

Old Post 12-05-2004 10:10 PM

Staff
Sierradaddy
Days of Future Past...

post #43  quote:

They must have gone to gramdma's house for a visit...

Old Post 12-05-2004 10:27 PM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #44  quote:

Sun, January 8 at 9/8c "One More Kiss"
When Lynette catches Gabrielle kissing Tom, her jealousy drives a wedge in their friendship. Meanwhile, Mike tries to bond with Zach, which threatens Paul, Andrew tries to blackmail Bree, and the Wisteria Lane neighbors are becoming more and more suspicious of the mysterious Applewhite family.

Old Post 01-08-2006 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 10:41 PM

post #45  quote:

I finally caught up on this show... so I'm gonna be able to join (or start...) some discussions - finally.

Still love the show, the current season is great, except I don't like the direction they've taken with Bree she's too awesome to be an alco.

Old Post 03-27-2006 03:56 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #46  quote:

It is sure crazy. I think they definitely play the shock card a lot. Don't ever know what to expect with this show.

Old Post 03-28-2006 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #47  quote:

That's the exciting thing about it, I guess. Everybody's got their secrets, and some are worse than others... and you know every single one of them's gonna be found out eventually, but the when and where is pretty important.

I'm glad they killed off George when they did, I was getting sick of him... but I was actually glad they brought Paul back from his 'death'.

Old Post 03-28-2006 03:23 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #48  quote:

Am I the only one who agrees with Lynette that that woman breast feeding her 5 year old was weird? My wife and I argued about this. She says it wasn't that wrong. I said, okay, it's not that WRONG, but its still weird!

Old Post 03-30-2006 06:23 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #49  quote:

I'm glad that Bree and Andrew sorted their problem out in the last episode, and it was done well, with Bree finally accepting Andrew's homosexuality. The only thing I want to complain about is that I really really wanted to see Andrew getting his in the end. I really did.

The story line with Gabby and the baby is kind of boring and somewhat silly at the moment. I hope it goes somewhere eventually. The problem at the moment is you just start hating her more and more as the weeks progress.

Old Post 04-25-2006 10:50 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #50  quote:

The season finale is drawing near, but a lot of the story lines have been resolved. Andrew's no longer suing Bree, Mike's disappeared or something, I don't know, haven't seen him in a while. The Applegates or Applebottoms or Applepears.... that family seem to be sticking around, but who knows for how long... that story doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Mrs. Tilman's vendetta against Paul Young seemed to have died down, but I think he'll probably slit her throat soon enough. Gabby lost her baby, which is horrible... but nothing they can do about it. Lynette and Tom's story seems to be getting more and more boring...

Old Post 05-04-2006 09:10 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #51  quote:

Finale was awesome. Bree protected her daughter, like she should, and Mike seems to be in a bad condition, if he's even alive. Another nutballs going for Bree, it seems (she attracts that sort, I guess), and Tom's old one night stand is moving in around the corner. All-in-all it should be a fantastic season 3.

Old Post 05-24-2006 02:50 AM
Time: 02:41 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Desperate Housewives > Desperate Housewives
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: