Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Music > How does Metallica's latest album rank?
Search this Thread:
How does Metallica's latest album rank?
Just like old times!
It's cutting edge - different - but good!
What are they doing? This just isn't them.
It just plain sucks.
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

Local time: 11:31 PM

Question How does Metallica's latest album rank? post #1  quote:

How does Metallica's latest album rank? Explain your answer...

Old Post 07-08-2003 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

M25skull
Enthusiast

post #2  quote:

I thought it was pretty good but I'm not a big Mettalica fan, I'm just here because there is'nt much else inreview that is some form of rock. But it is really fun making fun of avril on it!

Old Post 07-12-2003 08:03 PM
Click here to Send M25skull a Private Message Visit M25skull's homepage! Find more posts by M25skull Add M25skull to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore M25skull REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #3  quote:

You have any ideas for other rock-related forums we should open up?

Old Post 07-13-2003 03:38 AM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

WizoHz
Enthusiast

Local time: 01:31 AM

Yes but marc isnt listenign to me right now lol post #4  quote:

i got alot of ideas iam not a metalica fan at all but i know all of metal and hard rocks forums if i could ever find out how to make one lmao c i told u marc not all ppl listen to rap and that scary stuff theres probly alot of ppl out there who listen to same music as me but i cant help cuz i dont know how to creat a fourm and how many ways can i get ur attention iam not tryign to annoy u i just need ur help marc ok?

Old Post 07-17-2003 12:47 AM
Click here to Send WizoHz a Private Message Find more posts by WizoHz Add WizoHz to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore WizoHz REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

WizoHz
Enthusiast

Hey M25Skull post #5  quote:

ur right about that one

Old Post 07-17-2003 12:52 AM
Click here to Send WizoHz a Private Message Find more posts by WizoHz Add WizoHz to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore WizoHz REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

M25skull
Enthusiast

post #6  quote:

Well, I guess I'm kicked off this site? I dunno, I was talking crap over on the avril forum and then I got in trouble, I'll probley till get on. What ever somebody email me or something when this rap crap is over and they get and rock stuff. Thanx! bye

Old Post 07-19-2003 05:08 AM
Click here to Send M25skull a Private Message Visit M25skull's homepage! Find more posts by M25skull Add M25skull to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore M25skull REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

black888
Qualified Rookie

Local time: 07:31 AM

post #7  quote:

we must open a forum for p.o.d payable on death

Old Post 07-21-2003 12:16 AM
Click here to Send black888 a Private Message Visit black888's homepage! Find more posts by black888 Add black888 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore black888 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

WizoHz
Enthusiast

rlol post #8  quote:

I think the band called p.o.d. sux lol so Black888 u listened to black shock, SFU, Trioxin, Gorguts my fav, CoF, Pestilence, and another fav of my Malevolent Creation, and Deicide. Have u heard any of those? cuz if u dont listen to them then ur not kool

I hate rap! :guitarist

Last edited by WizoHz on 07-21-2003 at 07:30 AM |
Old Post 07-21-2003 07:21 AM

black888
Qualified Rookie

post #9  quote:

i didn't hear anything of them

Old Post 07-21-2003 10:07 PM
Click here to Send black888 a Private Message Visit black888's homepage! Find more posts by black888 Add black888 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore black888 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #10  quote:

I like Metallica a lot when I was younger, and they were really new on the scene. Then, I like the S&M album that they did will the symphony. But this new stuff... wow... it's too harsh for my taste. Too much like the old Metallic... but harder!

Old Post 07-21-2003 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

M25skull
Enthusiast

post #11  quote:

rap sux!

Old Post 07-26-2003 12:12 AM

WizoHz
Enthusiast

Woooohoooo! post #12  quote:

lol Welcome back M25skull

Old Post 07-28-2003 06:05 PM

M25skull
Enthusiast

post #13  quote:

Hell yea! but seriously rap sucks and I can say it as much as I want with out anyone trying to kick my ass! The internet rocks!

Old Post 07-29-2003 01:47 AM

Renshai
Rookie

Talking post #14  quote:

I Love Metallica i got into them around 5 years ago quite late i know i'm glad they made a new album instead of splitin up but i think st.anger is their worst album so far but its still a whole lot better than all this nu Metal crap i hate nu metal with all the stupid screaming i say that trend caught on cause they couldnt bloody sing but i still like the guitar riffs in st anger but master or ride are my favorite metallica albums Kris.

p.s: All Rap suks especially rap mixed wiv metal yuk an offence 2 music lovers everywhere

Old Post 07-29-2003 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Renshai a Private Message Find more posts by Renshai Add Renshai to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Renshai REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

M25skull
Enthusiast

post #15  quote:

(RENSHAI) SWEET, UR FROM IRELAND! U ROCK. (EVERYBODY ELSE)I'M STARTING TO HATE ST.ANGER NOWA DAYS! @ FIRST i THOUGHT IT WAS OK, BUT NOW I WAN'T TO CHANGE MY VOTE!u?

Old Post 07-29-2003 09:41 PM

WizoHz
Enthusiast

Thumbs down post #16  quote:

Metallica sux! theres no question-ing it lol

Old Post 07-31-2003 06:49 AM

WizoHz
Enthusiast

Thumbs up dont mind me iam just board lol post #17  quote:

Old Post 07-31-2003 06:58 AM

Sharon Gelly
Rookie

post #18  quote:

Whoa you rule Wiz. You know I get this sneakin suspicion some of these guys may have not heard Metallica's earlier stuff. Technically speaking i am a metallica fan, just not of their last 4 albums. I too love Classic metal like Slayer, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Helloween, Megadeth. I also love Death. I am deeply disgusted by nu-metal. POD is pure evil christian rock. Friggin MTV coporate suckers. F them. But yeah anyway, back to St. Anger. How could anyone say this is like old metallica?! I mean sure, its perhaps slightly better then load/reload. But its still fairly lame. Lyrically Metallica has stooped to that generic Linkin Park-esque vibe of "Im an angry teen, Im full of angst, ohhh Im all tormented" Wich they cleary display on "Invisible Kid". And the rest of the album just seems slow and boring. I even heard one guy say "ITs like the old stuff, but harder". Perhaps this guy thinks old stuff is like The Black Album. I wonder if he's ever heard an album called "Master Of Puppets". To me that is a true example of Metallica in their prime. A song like Disposable heroes is ten times harder and faster then anything on St.Anger. Not to mention lyrically better and just out and out more badass then anything they're written in like 10 years. If you really want to hear Metallica as MetallicA, then listen to the first three albums. Kill em' All, Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets. If all you heard was the black album and up, this may indeed blow your mind.

Last edited by Sharon Gelly on 08-01-2003 at 02:03 PM |
Old Post 08-01-2003 01:56 PM
Click here to Send Sharon Gelly a Private Message Find more posts by Sharon Gelly Add Sharon Gelly to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sharon Gelly REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

M25skull
Enthusiast

post #19  quote:

Frigg'n hell yea, I suggested a forum about local bands and they excepted it! I know that's not that good of a suggestion but that's all I could think of. There alot of good bands that are only locals, and I want them to get noticed! It's a start.

Old Post 08-06-2003 07:14 PM

M25skull
Enthusiast

post #20  quote:

ok, I just suggested south park and misfits and they excepted it, what do u guys think about that? O yea i also suggested Ska and they took that 2! Whatevr.

Old Post 08-20-2003 01:13 AM

BEHEMOTH_666
Rookie

post #21  quote:

hi wizoHs i know deiside i have all there alboms also C.O.f ,six feet under ,malvolent creation , i like also HYPOCRISY its my fav band also i like BEHEMOTH , dimmu borgir , susperia, sirenia , dark funeral , abyssos, agathodaimon, vader, grave ,mortification, venom , catamenia ohh and alot alot of great bands

i hope u know BEHEMOTH or HYPOCRISY

Old Post 08-20-2003 06:47 AM
Click here to Send BEHEMOTH_666 a Private Message Find more posts by BEHEMOTH_666 Add BEHEMOTH_666 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore BEHEMOTH_666 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

WizoHz
Enthusiast

Dont u ever mock Deicide name!!!! post #22  quote:

and cha dude i heard them b4 i just dont listen to them anymore cuz they sux Behemoth got badass lyrics dont get me wrong but the band they sux and Hypocrisy i dont know if they can sing Dude what u need to stay with is the most best band that came out of hell and that band is DEICIDE!!!!!!!!!!! if u know what i mean and my fav song is Kill the christian! fna dude and my 2 fav is Gorguts only cuz there badass like Deicide and they give me this powerful nagitive energy that i need and love for my stuff that i like to do .

Old Post 08-21-2003 06:13 AM

BEHEMOTH_666
Rookie

post #23  quote:

yeah i know what do u mean
but HYPOCRISY OH REALY U SHOULD listin to them thier lyrics is so great
and if u want lyrics like DEICIDE u should listin to MARDUK
my fav song for DEICIDE IS serpents of the light its realy great

any way i g2g now c ya soon

Old Post 08-22-2003 04:33 AM
Click here to Send BEHEMOTH_666 a Private Message Find more posts by BEHEMOTH_666 Add BEHEMOTH_666 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore BEHEMOTH_666 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

100%republian
Qualified Rookie

post #24  quote:

I think everybody would have the same "metallica kicks ass" attitude if they wouldn't have fought against Napster!! I love METAL......slayer,superjoint ritual,Opeth etc. I tell you what...I saw metallica a month ago (summer sanitarium) Themselves alone were worth the 75 bones I paid. Those guys still rocked their asses off. One word describes them live ......Unbelievable!!

Old Post 08-23-2003 04:37 PM
Click here to Send 100%republian a Private Message Find more posts by 100%republian Add 100%republian to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore 100%republian REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

100%republian
Qualified Rookie

post #25  quote:

OH Yeah..........I can't wait for the day that Rap is dead and gone!! It couldn't come soon enough.

Old Post 08-23-2003 04:39 PM
Click here to Send 100%republian a Private Message Find more posts by 100%republian Add 100%republian to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore 100%republian REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

M25skull
Enthusiast

post #26  quote:

what do u guys think of godsmack?

Old Post 08-25-2003 04:34 AM

100%republian
Qualified Rookie

post #27  quote:

The lead singer (sully) is a midget.......Can you say "Serious small-man syndrome" I don't know some days I think they are alright, then I get back in my metal head attitude and say "THEY SUCK"!!!

Old Post 08-25-2003 01:18 PM

M25skull
Enthusiast

post #28  quote:

ok, i never knew that he was a midget. they've been on tv a lot latey. r u talking about the guy with the star under his eye( that he got tattooed by the way, it's a long story how i know that)?

Old Post 08-26-2003 04:07 AM

100%republian
Qualified Rookie

post #29  quote:

Yeah the lead singers name is sully, and he is about 5'6". Today I think they are alright. Tomorrow THEY SUCK!!!!!!

Old Post 08-26-2003 01:18 PM

unnoticed girl
Rookie

post #30  quote:

WICKED AWESOME!!! I LOVE that album. I also have the 'Mster of Puppets' and 'Self Titled' albums aside from St. Anger.

ROCK ON, METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Old Post 08-31-2003 12:53 AM
Click here to Send unnoticed girl a Private Message Find more posts by unnoticed girl Add unnoticed girl to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore unnoticed girl REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 07:31 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Music > How does Metallica's latest album rank?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: