Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Good books to read
Search this Thread:
Pages (4): « First « 23 [4]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 02:57 PM

post #91  quote:

Good book:

The Deathworld Trilogy. It is so far, anyway, and I'm halfway through the whole thing. Fantastic read! Written in 1960, '64, and '68

Old Post 02-06-2006 02:49 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

Local time: 10:57 PM

post #92  quote:

Good books to read:

The Flanders Panel by Arturo Perez-reverte
its more sophisticated than the da vinci code.

The asti Spumante code by toby clements
If you've read The da vinci code you will realise this book basically makes a joke of it, if you havent, you could proberly tell what he was making fun of

Old Post 02-06-2006 06:16 AM
Click here to Send flying panda a Private Message View flying panda's Journal Find more posts by flying panda Add flying panda to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore flying panda REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 06:57 AM

post #93  quote:

There was a good parody I saw in the shops of the DaVinci Code called the VaDinci code. I didn't buy it cause it was short and expensive, but the blurb on the back cracked me up. I think I made a thread about it...

Old Post 02-06-2006 06:18 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

agile
Rookie

Local time: 06:57 PM

post #94  quote:

For those LOTR fans, I suggest trying George R.R. Martin's series starting with "A game of thrones". I typically don't read much fantasy, exept notable exceptions, and this is one. Multiple story lines that intersect and/or happen simultaneously, original and exciting. He has also written sci-fi (My favorite is "Sandkings") and an original vampire story--not typical gothic style.

I also enjoy Koontz, King, some Tom Clancy, Tolkien, Dan Brown and Patricia Cornwell.

Old Post 03-18-2006 08:10 PM
Click here to Send agile a Private Message Find more posts by agile Add agile to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore agile REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 04:57 PM

post #95  quote:

quote:
agile said this in post #94 :
For those LOTR fans, I suggest trying George R.R. Martin's series starting with "A game of thrones". I typically don't read much fantasy, exept notable exceptions, and this is one. Multiple story lines that intersect and/or happen simultaneously, original and exciting. He has also written sci-fi (My favorite is "Sandkings" and an original vampire story--not typical gothic style.

I also enjoy Koontz, King, some Tom Clancy, Tolkien, Dan Brown and Patricia Cornwell.

Welcome Agile,

Join our Lord of the Rings Club, if you get time and/or want to.

The link to it is in my signature.

Old Post 03-18-2006 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #96  quote:

My dad loves that series by George R. R. Martin. I've never read it, but I know a lot of what happens because he gets so excited about it and tells me all that's happening I bought him the fourth one for Christmas and the title sounds really good : A Feast of Crows. Ooooooooo

Old Post 03-18-2006 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #97  quote:

Okay, I just finished "a million little pieces" and even with all the hoopla about how it's not true, it's still a damn good book. I couldn't put it down. I went into it thinking it was just a fictional story and I loved it. I will go out and buy the second one now, and I hope it's just as good...

Old Post 05-30-2006 10:19 PM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #98  quote:

quote:
agile said this in post #94 :
For those LOTR fans, I suggest trying George R.R. Martin's series starting with "A game of thrones". I typically don't read much fantasy, exept notable exceptions, and this is one. Multiple story lines that intersect and/or happen simultaneously, original and exciting. He has also written sci-fi (My favorite is "Sandkings" and an original vampire story--not typical gothic style.

Welcome to INReview. I love LOTR. I appreciate the suggestion. I will put it on my birthday list.

Old Post 05-30-2006 10:37 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #99  quote:

Diana Galbaldon's Outlander series:

1. Outlander
2. Dragonfly In Amber
3. Voyager
4. Drums of Autumn
5. The Fiery Cross
6. A Breath of Snow and Ashes

In Outlander, a 600-page time-travel romance, strong-willed and sensual Claire Randall leads a double life with a husband in one century, and a lover in another. Torn between fidelity and desire, she struggles to understand the pure intent of her heart. But don't let the number of pages and the Scottish dialect scare you. It's one of the fastest reads you'll have in your library.
While on her second honeymoon in the British Isles, Claire touches a boulder that hurls her back in time to the forbidden Castle Leoch with the MacKenzie clan. Not understanding the forces that brought her there, she becomes ensnared in life-threatening situations with a Scots warrior named James Fraser. But it isn't all spies and drudgery that she must endure. For amid her new surroundings and the terrors she faces, she is lured into love and passion like she's never known before.

I just finished the first book... and I have to say, it was AMAZING! I can't wait to get the rest of these.

Old Post 05-30-2006 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

EleanorRigby
Veteran

post #100  quote:

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close! By Jonathan Safron Foer! If you read it you'll understand the exclamation points! Read it!

Old Post 06-27-2006 12:05 AM
Click here to Send EleanorRigby a Private Message Visit EleanorRigby's homepage! Find more posts by EleanorRigby Add EleanorRigby to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore EleanorRigby REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

SERAFINApekkala
Qualified Rookie

post #101  quote:

Hello everyone. New to this, but thought this particular topic sounded interesting.

Nice to see people enjoying so many different books. I am quite varied, but love LOTR trilogy & Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy too. I'm also into political books, biographies, beat generation stuff, poetry etc & short stories.

I'm reading Brokeback Mountain & other short stories by Annie Proulx right now & absolutely loving them. I would thoroughly recommend short stories. They are so convenient & easy to read & if you're anything like me & take a while to wade through books, they're perfect. x

Old Post 08-21-2006 03:17 PM
Click here to Send SERAFINApekkala a Private Message Find more posts by SERAFINApekkala Add SERAFINApekkala to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore SERAFINApekkala REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #102  quote:

Hi SERAF... SERAFI.... hello S, how are you? Welcome to INreview!

We have quite an active LOTR-loving community here at INreview. You can talk to some of them in our JR Tolken Forum.

Old Post 08-22-2006 10:56 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #103  quote:

(It's J.R.R. Tolkien. You missed an 'R')

We haven't had a lot a traffic there for a while, Serafina, but there are still a lot of big LOTR fans here. If you start a thread people will post

Old Post 08-23-2006 06:25 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #104  quote:

Sory Pippin, I have a tendancy to foget "r"s

Old Post 08-24-2006 02:14 AM

crazzycat
Rookie

post #105  quote:

Arthur Conan Doyle stories about Sherlock Holmes-old and interesting stuff

Old Post 08-05-2009 10:11 AM
Click here to Send crazzycat a Private Message Visit crazzycat's homepage! Find more posts by crazzycat Add crazzycat to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore crazzycat REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

aya09
Rookie

post #106  quote:

Any book written by Neil Gaiman. I haven't read The Graveyard Book. It' s out now and I can't wait to read it.

Old Post 10-16-2009 07:44 AM
Click here to Send aya09 a Private Message Visit aya09's homepage! Find more posts by aya09 Add aya09 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore aya09 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adamwalkner
Enthusiast

Good books to read post #107  quote:

Hello all newbies, how are your all. I am Prince Charming. Nice to meet all of you. I am an Artist. I love to meet new people as well as making new friends. I like to watch new Hollywood Movies as well as Bollywood Movies and want to know about them as more as possible. SO if you really want to know my thinking about Good Books to read, then i will tell you about some of these Books names which i also using and mention under here :

1. General Knowledge
2. Love Stories
3. How To Help The Helpless People
4. How To Make A Crime Free Society
5. How To Be A Sincere Human

That's it................

Old Post 02-12-2015 06:36 AM
Click here to Send adamwalkner a Private Message Find more posts by adamwalkner Add adamwalkner to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adamwalkner REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 10:57 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (4): « First « 23 [4]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Good books to read
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: