Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Which book are you currently reading?
Search this Thread:
Pages (12): « First « 23 [4] 56 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

Local time: 10:34 AM

post #91  quote:

I am currently reading 'After the King'.

it is a series of stories made up by authors inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien, such as Stephan Donaldson and Terry Pratchet.

Old Post 07-18-2004 12:16 AM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 05:34 AM

post #92  quote:

Sounds neat, never heard of it before. I might have to look it up

Old Post 07-18-2004 01:22 AM
Click here to Send MistyRainWater6 a Private Message Find more posts by MistyRainWater6 Add MistyRainWater6 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MistyRainWater6 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

KerryO
Crackerjack

Local time: 03:34 AM

post #93  quote:

Nymphadora,

I used to read Steven King. I especially loved The Stand, Cujo, Pet Sematary and some others of his earlier efforts. I tried to read Insomnia but found that it just went on and on endlessly about details. For instance, at one point he was searching through a closet for something and it went on for 5 pages describing the things he came across as he searched. And that's what I have against his newer books. Can you tell me anything about Everythings Eventual? I would like to get back into Steven King if his writing has changed back to the way it was earlier in his career. Thanks, KerryO

Old Post 07-22-2004 07:23 PM
Click here to Send KerryO a Private Message Find more posts by KerryO Add KerryO to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore KerryO REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

KerryO
Crackerjack

post #94  quote:

Nymphadora,

I used to read Steven King. I especially loved The Stand, Cujo, Pet Sematary and some others of his earlier efforts. I tried to read Insomnia but found that it just went on and on endlessly about details. For instance, at one point he was searching through a closet for something and it went on for 5 pages describing the things he came across as he searched. And that's what I have against his newer books. Can you tell me anything about Everythings Eventual? I would like to get back into Steven King if his writing has changed back to the way it was earlier in his career. Thanks, KerryO

Old Post 07-22-2004 07:24 PM
Click here to Send KerryO a Private Message Find more posts by KerryO Add KerryO to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore KerryO REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

JPLalltheway29
Mastermind

Local time: 02:34 AM

post #95  quote:

I'm re-reading Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire.

Old Post 07-24-2004 08:53 AM
Click here to Send JPLalltheway29 a Private Message Find more posts by JPLalltheway29 Add JPLalltheway29 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore JPLalltheway29 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

twisted_wizard
Mastermind

Local time: 04:34 AM

post #96  quote:

"Scarlett: THe sequel to Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind"

Old Post 07-24-2004 11:51 PM
Click here to Send twisted_wizard a Private Message Find more posts by twisted_wizard Add twisted_wizard to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore twisted_wizard REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Oliphaunt
Mad World

post #97  quote:

I'm re-reading the entire Harry Potter series, because I haven't read them for ages. I'm about halfway through the fourth book

Old Post 07-25-2004 09:50 AM
Click here to Send Oliphaunt a Private Message Find more posts by Oliphaunt Add Oliphaunt to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Oliphaunt REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

JPLalltheway29
Mastermind

post #98  quote:

Yeah, I'm almost at the end of Goblet of Fire, and then I'm gonna start on OotP. I feel like I haven't read that in forever.

Old Post 07-29-2004 09:04 AM
Click here to Send JPLalltheway29 a Private Message Find more posts by JPLalltheway29 Add JPLalltheway29 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore JPLalltheway29 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #99  quote:

I just finished Hanibal the story that is the last in the series of Dr Lecter.

Wow was it the best!! 4**** If any of you guys want a good engrossing read pick this one up its tops. Chilling but exciting, even Romantic.

D

Old Post 07-31-2004 06:02 AM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

twisted_wizard
Mastermind

post #100  quote:

Sphie's World

Old Post 08-14-2004 10:43 PM
Click here to Send twisted_wizard a Private Message Find more posts by twisted_wizard Add twisted_wizard to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore twisted_wizard REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

twisted_wizard
Mastermind

post #101  quote:

***** All of you should read The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. God, I'm obsessed! I've been obsessed with it for years. They're all huge books. Great read! And there's alot to talk about. *sigh* there are excerpts. I read it occasionally because each book takes 2.5 years to complete! And so many people are raving mad! There are fan lists, discussions boards just for the books. And sites dedicated to it.

official site: http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~gatti/g...n/gabaldon.html
excerpts: http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~gatti/g...s/excerpts.html

I'm getting mad! THer next book is ALMOST out but no publication date and I have to wait a few more months after that before it gets to the library!!! argh!

Old Post 08-14-2004 10:56 PM

JPLalltheway29
Mastermind

post #102  quote:

I just finished reading "Three Weeks With My Brother" by Nicholas Sparks... AWESOME book. And I also re-read "The Guardian" by Nicholas Sparks. That's awesome too. I love all of his books.

Old Post 08-20-2004 09:03 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 06:34 PM

post #103  quote:

quote:
schmiggens said this in post #45 :
I am reading "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden. It is really, really good.

For anyone else who has read this and enjoyed it, it is being made into a movie. See the details here:

http://www.inreview.com/showthread....&threadid=24878

Old Post 08-23-2004 08:59 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

JPLalltheway29
Mastermind

post #104  quote:

Re-reading "A Bend In The Road" by Nicholas Sparks.

Old Post 08-31-2004 06:43 AM

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

post #105  quote:

Reading Walking with Frodo, good book

Old Post 08-31-2004 03:48 PM
Click here to Send MistyRainWater6 a Private Message Find more posts by MistyRainWater6 Add MistyRainWater6 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MistyRainWater6 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

KerryO
Crackerjack

post #106  quote:

Just finished "A Bend In The Road". Nicolas Sparks is my current
favorite author. Have you tried "The Guardian" yet.

Old Post 09-01-2004 04:10 AM

JPLalltheway29
Mastermind

post #107  quote:

Yup, I've read it twice. I've read all of his books.

Old Post 09-04-2004 08:53 AM

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

post #108  quote:

Currently reading the 5th Harry Potter book.....Almost caught up!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 09-04-2004 04:49 PM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #109  quote:

Magician - Raymond E Feist

For like the 50th time It's one of my favourites.

Old Post 09-08-2004 08:45 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

KerryO
Crackerjack

post #110  quote:

The Perfect Summer by Luann Rice. I read until the end hoping it would get better. It never did.

Old Post 09-08-2004 08:03 PM

KerryO
Crackerjack

post #111  quote:

The Perfect Summer by Luann Rice. I read until the end hoping it would get better. It never did.

Old Post 09-08-2004 08:03 PM

lotrhpfan1
Qualified Rookie

post #112  quote:

I'm reading the the Harry Potter Series all over again just before the 6th part comes out......Right now I am currently on the Prisoner Of Azkaban.

Old Post 09-09-2004 02:26 PM
Click here to Send lotrhpfan1 a Private Message Find more posts by lotrhpfan1 Add lotrhpfan1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lotrhpfan1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

JPLalltheway29
Mastermind

post #113  quote:

I'm currently re-reading "The Wedding" by Nicholas Sparks. Just finished re-reading "A Bend In The Road" earlier today.

Old Post 09-13-2004 07:12 AM

KerryO
Crackerjack

post #114  quote:

Nicolas Sparks is my absolute favorite. I still haven't read
"Three Weeks With My Brother" but I understand it is really good. Have you read "The Guardian"? I loved that one and of course "Message In A Bottle". As my husband calls it "the total chick flick." The only one I didn't like was the one with "Walk" in the tital. A girl had leukemia. That one was just a little sappy.

Old Post 09-13-2004 08:22 PM

KerryO
Crackerjack

post #115  quote:

Nicolas Sparks is my absolute favorite. I still haven't read
"Three Weeks With My Brother" but I understand it is really good. Have you read "The Guardian"? I loved that one and of course "Message In A Bottle". As my husband calls it "the total chick flick." The only one I didn't like was the one with "Walk" in the tital. A girl had leukemia. That one was just a little sappy.

Old Post 09-13-2004 08:22 PM

JPLalltheway29
Mastermind

post #116  quote:

Three Weeks is an amazing book. Only Nicholas Sparks could write a memoir- instead of a novel- and still get me so emotionally wrapped up in it that I cry. I did love The Guardian and Message, however I didn't like the movie to Message at all. I suppose if I would have watched the movie before I read the book, it would have been alright, but... no. Heh. Didn't like the movie at all. I did like the Walk To Remember and The Notebook movies though, although of course, the books were better. But isn't that how it always is?

Old Post 09-18-2004 08:57 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #117  quote:

The King's Buccaneer - Raymond E Feist.

Old Post 09-30-2004 10:01 AM

KerryO
Crackerjack

post #118  quote:

I stayed up all night reading "Inside the Kingdom" by Carmen
Bin Laden. I'm sure everyone knows she is Osama's sister-in-law. He really isn't mentioned too often in the book. What is discussed is the complete domination of women by men in Saudi Arabia. It would be a truly horrible existence. It seems the
domination there of women is more severe than it was in Afghanistan by the Talaban. Carmen Bin Laden is the kind of woman they don't like in Saudi Arabia.......liberated, educated,
creative, free thinking and unafraid. Actually, she was afraid for her 3 daughters. She didn't want them to be stunted in their intelletual growth, but she didn't want them to be too liberal in their thinking either. Women are legally murdered in Saudi Arabia for the crime of having their own thoughts. Enlightening book. I highly recommend it. Prepare to get pissed off.

Old Post 10-04-2004 08:33 PM

Gold Member
Flutterbywingz
Taking Flight

post #119  quote:

The books I'm currently reading are -

"Antic Hay" by Aldous Huxley

and "Ghosts of Chance" by William S. Burroughs

I just finished "The picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde, which I think I've read at least once a year for the last ten years. I never tire of that book!

Old Post 10-05-2004 12:22 PM
Click here to Send Flutterbywingz a Private Message Find more posts by Flutterbywingz Add Flutterbywingz to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Flutterbywingz REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

broken baby
Rookie

post #120  quote:

i'n currntly reading anita blake incubus dreams. it is a great book i can't remember who wrote it.

Old Post 11-17-2004 03:04 PM
Click here to Send broken baby a Private Message Find more posts by broken baby Add broken baby to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore broken baby REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 10:34 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (12): « First « 23 [4] 56 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Which book are you currently reading?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: