Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Which book are you currently reading?
Search this Thread:
Pages (12): « 12 [3] 45 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 02:27 AM

post #61  quote:

Alright, Marc... how about never paying taxes, and always getting money back?

Old Post 05-01-2004 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 06:27 PM

post #62  quote:

I am reading Disordered Minds by Minette Walter. A whho-dun-it? Really interesting.

Old Post 05-03-2004 02:42 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

Local time: 05:27 AM

post #63  quote:

Right now I am reading The Great Gatsby

It is pretty good If you pay real close attention you can pick up on some of the humor and it makes the book a whole lot better.

Old Post 05-05-2004 02:43 AM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Nikole_rayn
Enthusiast

post #64  quote:

I am reading Nicholas Sparks-The Guardian. I love his books !

Old Post 05-05-2004 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Nikole_rayn a Private Message Find more posts by Nikole_rayn Add Nikole_rayn to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Nikole_rayn REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

JPLalltheway29
Mastermind

post #65  quote:

quote:
Nikole_rayn said this in post #64 :
I am reading Nicholas Sparks-The Guardian. I love his books !

Ooooh, I love that book. Have you read The Notebook? Did you know there's a movie version coming out June... 25th I think. I've read all his books except Three Weeks With My Brother, which I'm gonna read after I finish The Dive From Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer. I absolutely love all of Nicholas Sparks' books... hopefully the movie version of TN will do it justice... which "Message In A Bottle" didn't. That was a horrid movie version of a wonderful book.

Old Post 05-06-2004 07:08 AM
Click here to Send JPLalltheway29 a Private Message Find more posts by JPLalltheway29 Add JPLalltheway29 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore JPLalltheway29 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #66  quote:

Body Parts

Old Post 05-06-2004 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

post #67  quote:

The Hometown Legend..Almost finished and it's very good

Old Post 05-06-2004 06:20 PM
Click here to Send MistyRainWater6 a Private Message Find more posts by MistyRainWater6 Add MistyRainWater6 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MistyRainWater6 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

twisted_wizard
Mastermind

Local time: 04:27 AM

post #68  quote:

Right now, I'm reading Alas, Babylon and The Valley of Horses. Really good. But I have the odd impression that the author of The Valley of Horses is very dtermined to be very "detailed".... *cocks eyebrows* nvm.

Old Post 05-07-2004 02:50 AM
Click here to Send twisted_wizard a Private Message Find more posts by twisted_wizard Add twisted_wizard to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore twisted_wizard REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

post #69  quote:

Black Mirror Haven't decided if I like it yet

Old Post 05-08-2004 06:24 PM
Click here to Send MistyRainWater6 a Private Message Find more posts by MistyRainWater6 Add MistyRainWater6 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MistyRainWater6 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #70  quote:

I just finished Haunted Past

Old Post 05-08-2004 06:25 PM

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

post #71  quote:

Any good KJ?

Old Post 05-08-2004 11:28 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #72  quote:

Yeah, it was good. Now I'm reading Semper Fi, and I'm almost done.
I get a lot of books off of the internet and transfer them to my palm pilot.
I can go through books like you wouldn't believe....
So, it's a good thing that I have the Palm Pilot, other wise, I would be spending A LOT of money at the book stores. (Not that I don't already... )

Old Post 05-09-2004 05:53 AM

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

post #73  quote:

Haha, I didn't know you could do that with the palm pilot! Thats interesting...I usually don't buy a book until after I've read it, or I KNOW I'll like it, if it's one of my favorite authors

Old Post 05-09-2004 09:54 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #74  quote:

I'm reading Oedipus Rex

Old Post 05-11-2004 09:43 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #75  quote:

Oh yeah, Misty... it's one of the best investments that I've ever made.
It keeps Heidi REALLY happy, because I can go through 50 books a month.
Do you have ANY idea how expensive that can get?

Old Post 05-12-2004 12:07 AM

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

post #76  quote:

They can get more than expensive
Right now I'm reading Tested By Fire...Can't seem to get into it

Old Post 05-12-2004 03:31 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #77  quote:

Reading "The Bay" by Di Morrissey. Interesting perspective on big corporate developments taking over rural areas and beaches and stuff for resorts and holiday villages. So far, so good.

Old Post 05-12-2004 09:14 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #78  quote:

what happened to reading Harry Potter?

hehehe well, get to it when you can

I'm reading Live Sound Reinforcement by Scott Hunter Stark

yay

Old Post 05-12-2004 10:11 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #79  quote:

I am still waiting for the library to open Gabo, I promise I'll get it as soon as I can. I am thinking of getting it for reading material for my plane trip as well. Trust me I won't forget to read it.

Old Post 05-12-2004 10:18 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #80  quote:

I'm reading The Servants Of Twilight by Dean Koontz right now

Old Post 05-27-2004 10:05 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #81  quote:

I'm currently reading, Sahara, by Clive Cussler. I had heard of him, but never read his books. A friend at work started reading this book Sunday night, and she couldn't put it down. So, she brought it to me, and I like it. It's currently in the makes for a movie, with Matthew McConaughey as Dirk Pitt.

Old Post 05-27-2004 03:49 PM

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

post #82  quote:

I'm reading Huckleberry Finn...It's a classic and since I havent read it yet, I figured I should

Old Post 05-27-2004 06:49 PM

RockChick
Rookie

Local time: 10:27 AM

post #83  quote:

I'm reading DEAD SOULS by GOGOL n i'm almost done.... all my friends said it's awfully boring, n that's probably why i'm actually reading it..... i don't know but there's definitely smth with this book cuz this Gogol guy has burned twice his writings on the second chapter so.......

Old Post 05-30-2004 01:40 PM
Click here to Send RockChick a Private Message Find more posts by RockChick Add RockChick to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore RockChick REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

KerryO
Crackerjack

Local time: 03:27 AM

post #84  quote:

I've just put down Angels and Demons. I didn't finish it. I feel like the only person in the world who didn't like Angels and Demons. His constant encounters with life threatening situations put me in mind of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Do you remember the part where the Assassin was about to end Robert's life? He had him dangling from a banister several stories up and was about to stomp on his fingers to make him let go and fall. His love interest had earlier been kidnapped by the Assassin and he had her tied up in chains.....chains, no less.
but she dislocated her shoulder and escaped from the chains (shades of Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon) and saved our hero with half a second to spare. That's when I stopped reading.
It just stretched my imagination a little too much.

I read the DaVinci Code first and maybe that's where I went wrong. I was fascinated with the "Devine Equasion" . My math loving friend tried the measurement from head to floor, from shoulder to floor, and navel to floor and found that it didn't come out exactly to 1.618 but wasn't far off. I do believe that lots of stuff in the Bible was written by menopausal old men who diapproved of everything (especially sexuality) and so they entered their own ideas and presented them as having come directly from God. I imagine they would have a hard time with a Mary Magdalene who was an intelligent and successful business woman who might have been married to Jesus.

KerryO

Old Post 07-01-2004 09:32 PM
Click here to Send KerryO a Private Message Find more posts by KerryO Add KerryO to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore KerryO REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

KerryO
Crackerjack

post #85  quote:

I just read The Taking by Dean Koonz. How can a book that starts out with such promise turn so boring and totally unbelievable. I realize that it's science fiction which I love normally, but this had no essence of reality.

KerryO

Old Post 07-01-2004 09:39 PM
Click here to Send KerryO a Private Message Find more posts by KerryO Add KerryO to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore KerryO REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #86  quote:

quote:
KerryO said this in post #84 :
I read the DaVinci Code first and maybe that's where I went wrong. I was fascinated with the "Devine Equasion" . My math loving friend tried the measurement from head to floor, from shoulder to floor, and navel to floor and found that it didn't come out exactly to 1.618 but wasn't far off. I do believe that lots of stuff in the Bible was written by menopausal old men who diapproved of everything (especially sexuality) and so they entered their own ideas and presented them as having come directly from God. I imagine they would have a hard time with a Mary Magdalene who was an intelligent and successful business woman who might have been married to Jesus.

KerryO

Sounds just like the bible to me... written by men who disapproved of everything and decided to write stories and make them laws, and forcing others to live by them. Passing judgement on those that didn't live according to their standards, and therefore, by Gods supposed standards as well.

Old Post 07-01-2004 10:26 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #87  quote:

quote:
KerryO said this in post #85 :
I just read The Taking by Dean Koonz. How can a book that starts out with such promise turn so boring and totally unbelievable. I realize that it's science fiction which I love normally, but this had no essence of reality.

KerryO
I heard it wasn't as funny as his other books. I've never disliked anything he's done, so I hope I'll still enjoy it: but if it doesn't have a little humor I'll be disappointed.

I'm just finishing Phantoms by Dean Koontz at the moment.

Old Post 07-02-2004 04:53 AM

JPLalltheway29
Mastermind

post #88  quote:

I'm currently reading Sam's Letters To Jennifer by James Patterson. His other book, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas, is one of my favorites, so I'm hoping this one is just as good.

Old Post 07-03-2004 08:49 AM
Click here to Send JPLalltheway29 a Private Message Find more posts by JPLalltheway29 Add JPLalltheway29 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore JPLalltheway29 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

KerryO
Crackerjack

post #89  quote:

Hi Lallthway29,

I read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas and totally enjoyed it. I'm really looking forward to Sam's Letters to Jennifer. I have it coming from my bookclub next month. These two books are a real departure from normal for James Patterson.
THey're certainly an improvement over the Alex Cross novels. He was way too egotistical for me.

Old Post 07-03-2004 08:06 PM

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

post #90  quote:

I'm reading Really Bad Girls of the Bible...Along with the second Harry Potter book...Both really good

Old Post 07-03-2004 10:07 PM
Time: 10:27 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (12): « 12 [3] 45 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Which book are you currently reading?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: