Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Where do you like to read?
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 05:48 AM

post #31  quote:

Good on ya!!!

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:29 PM
Click here to Send TearUUp a Private Message Find more posts by TearUUp Add TearUUp to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore TearUUp REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

Local time: 12:48 PM

post #32  quote:

the only place i cant read is in front of the computer. I have to do somethin if the computer is sitting there!

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:32 PM
Click here to Send peregr!n a Private Message Find more posts by peregr!n Add peregr!n to your buddy list Send an AIM message to peregr!n peregr!n's MSN ID is warrior_hobbit Click Here to Ignore peregr!n REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #33  quote:

One more post Pip!!!! 1000!!!

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:32 PM
Click here to Send TearUUp a Private Message Find more posts by TearUUp Add TearUUp to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore TearUUp REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

twisted_wizard
Mastermind

Local time: 06:48 AM

post #34  quote:

.........mmm....... I'd hate to barge in on this very social conversation..... :P

best place to read huh...? mmm.... anywhere as long as I can read, not be rude while reading, not feel like vomiting afterwards, have ENOUGH light, where no one will ask for me (nearly impossible in school...), when I'm not eating, when I'm not wet, when I'm not a 'visual' audience (hey, people can talk and talk to me, but that doesn't mean I'm physicly there.)... when my siblings aren't argueing, when I'm about to sleep .....

anywhere except when it is inconvinient. Personally, I have not found a favorite spot due to uncomfortable reading positions.... specially when the book is heavy. I can't sit and read it.... too uncomfortable. then lying on your somach... well, it's uncomfortable to the elbows, specially in bed. I don't know. maybe my bean bag?
But the best way to read?comfortably, if not entirely peaceful like a park? is at the dinning room with the long huge mahogany table.... peaceful enough, too, as it is blocked from all others but the door to the kitchen and the door to the hallway.

*shruggs* I really haven't thought of it before.

Old Post 02-11-2004 11:40 PM
Click here to Send twisted_wizard a Private Message Find more posts by twisted_wizard Add twisted_wizard to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore twisted_wizard REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #35  quote:

Twisted W. That was....informative!!!!!!!!

Old Post 02-11-2004 11:43 PM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

Local time: 07:48 AM

post #36  quote:

if only there were a way to lie on your back and levitate the book above your face......

*gears cranking in the brain*

Old Post 02-11-2004 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #37  quote:

You mean I CAN'T DO THAT???? *book drops on face*

Old Post 02-11-2004 11:49 PM

twisted_wizard
Mastermind

post #38  quote:

*giggles*
Tear, that was funny....!

quote:
Dekka00 said this in post #36 :
if only there were a way to lie on your back and levitate the book above your face......

*gears cranking in the brain*

*giggles* I hope you find out a solution... if there is.... it would be one great birthday gift!

....mmm...... magnets? Put magnets on your face and opposing ones in the books and it... uh.... levitates...? .... first thing's first though..... study levitation! ..... impossible you say? NEVA'R!

Old Post 02-12-2004 12:10 AM
Click here to Send twisted_wizard a Private Message Find more posts by twisted_wizard Add twisted_wizard to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore twisted_wizard REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #39  quote:

Read it..MATRIX STYLE!!!!!

Old Post 02-12-2004 07:58 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 04:48 AM

post #40  quote:

I tried to read outside but a fly kept buzzing around, driving me insane. For some reason I tend to be easily distracted when reading.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-10-2004 09:38 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

twisted_wizard
Mastermind

post #41  quote:

right now, I'm BANNED from reading since I was caught reading at 4 in the morning for countless of times..... argh....

Old Post 03-15-2004 01:29 AM

up_to_no_good
Enthusiast

post #42  quote:

I know its a cliche but i love reading in the bath. I could lay there for hours and i do whenever i can. Also whenever I am forced onto a bus i have to have a book with me otherwise i feel totally weird. Don't ask why! I always have a book with me however to pull out and read at the first opportunity.

Old Post 03-26-2004 09:33 PM
Click here to Send up_to_no_good a Private Message Find more posts by up_to_no_good Add up_to_no_good to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore up_to_no_good REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

twisted_wizard
Mastermind

post #43  quote:

cannot read at a moving vehicle...... makes me feel queasy.

Old Post 03-27-2004 05:06 AM

up_to_no_good
Enthusiast

post #44  quote:

It's wierd i can read on a bus but not in a car. how does that work?

Old Post 03-27-2004 11:46 AM
Click here to Send up_to_no_good a Private Message Find more posts by up_to_no_good Add up_to_no_good to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore up_to_no_good REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

RockChick
Rookie

Thumbs up post #45  quote:

quote:
twisted_wizard said this in post #43 :
cannot read at a moving vehicle...... makes me feel queasy.

AGREE..... i like 2 read at the lessons... cuz if i would listen 2 the teacherz i would fall asleep, that's definitely.... so i read.... sometimes they catch me but usually they don't. Also i read while listening 2 Rock, i've taught my self 2 do that so now it's almost imposible 4 me 2 read in silence it's like i can hear my thoughts or smth.... 'n i can't concentrate unless someone 's screamin' near me

Old Post 04-24-2004 01:23 PM
Click here to Send RockChick a Private Message Find more posts by RockChick Add RockChick to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore RockChick REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

KerryO
Crackerjack

post #46  quote:

One place I don't like to read is at the library. It is so noisy in there and the noise doesn't come from the patrons, it comes from the employees. Whatever happened to the librarian who always says "Shhhhhhhhhhhhh?"

Old Post 08-08-2004 06:20 AM
Click here to Send KerryO a Private Message Find more posts by KerryO Add KerryO to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore KerryO REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Oliphaunt
Mad World

post #47  quote:

What sort of Library do you go to?!

In England all of our libraries are silent. Nice! :P

Old Post 08-08-2004 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Oliphaunt a Private Message Find more posts by Oliphaunt Add Oliphaunt to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Oliphaunt REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

KerryO
Crackerjack

post #48  quote:

The library near my home is part of the city library system. The libraries of my childhood were always silent. This particular one is incredibly noisy, as I said,
it's the employees of the library who talk so loudly, not the patrons. They actually shout across the room to one another. They do not use hushed tones.

Old Post 08-08-2004 09:53 PM
Click here to Send KerryO a Private Message Find more posts by KerryO Add KerryO to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore KerryO REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

Local time: 07:48 AM

post #49  quote:

does it have quiet study?

Old Post 08-09-2004 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

KerryO
Crackerjack

post #50  quote:

If it has a quiet study I haven't found it yet. Other than the ladies restroom. There's a Barnes and Noble's nearby and I would much rather read there. Lots of people come and go, but at least they're quiet.

Old Post 08-09-2004 06:44 AM

twisted_wizard
Mastermind

post #51  quote:

Mine, fortunately is hushed. The employees are loud out back and quiet around the main area. (I used to work as a volunteer so I know.)

Old Post 08-14-2004 10:42 PM

Duckyone
Crackerjack

Local time: 04:48 AM

post #52  quote:

My Father started me reading, He would take me into a book store, hand me a book, and have me sit in the corner and read till he came back(yes in the store) Ever since that, I could read anywhere. My best spot to put down a few chapters is in a nice quiet bubble bath...( with the doors bolted shut) Thank god for 2 bathroom homes...

Old Post 08-28-2004 03:22 AM
Click here to Send Duckyone a Private Message Find more posts by Duckyone Add Duckyone to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Duckyone REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adamwalkner
Enthusiast

Where do you like to read? post #53  quote:

So if you really want to know about where do i like to Read, then i will tell you that i do like to Read from Library more than other Places. Because Library is that Place, where we can have any type Book to Read. Like General Knowledge, Religious, Historical etc...............

Old Post 02-26-2015 06:47 AM
Click here to Send adamwalkner a Private Message Find more posts by adamwalkner Add adamwalkner to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adamwalkner REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 12:48 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Where do you like to read?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: