Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Where do you like to read?
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 12:13 AM

Where do you like to read? post #1  quote:

Everyone has their little niche in the world where they can hang out and dive into a book.

Personally, I sit in front of the TV. I know, it's weird. Growing up with a big family I have the uncanny ability to tune out other things, so I always find myself on the couch in fron of the TV when I read. It's not really intentional.

Anyone chill at the book store, like Borders or Barnes & Noble? Sipping coffee and all that?

-HECK!

Old Post 01-07-2004 01:16 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

post #2  quote:

I usually read at night in bed, on my back, poorly illuminated from across the room. It's the perfect opportunity to grow heavy eyelids and pass out.

Old Post 01-07-2004 06:09 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #3  quote:

Well, I can read, anywhere, at any time. I have a book on me almost all the time.
If I'm not carrying a book, then I've got my palm pilot on me, which has about 20 books loaded on it at all times.

Where do I prefer to read? Somewhere that is relaxing, and the temp is comfortable.
I like to lay in bed at night before going to sleep and reading a chapter or two.
I also love sitting in the Lazy-Boy chair and reading.

But, I read at the dinner table, at my desk at work, in the car, etc....

Reading is just so wonderful. Like you, Heck, I can read with music or the tv at top sound.
I don't allow other things to distract me. I fall "into" my books... and shut everything else out.

Old Post 01-07-2004 06:51 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #4  quote:

It's funny, reading in the library is just too quiet for me. Sometimes I laugh or slam the book on the table and get loud. I don't want to get shushed.

-HECK!

Old Post 01-07-2004 05:05 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

Local time: 03:13 AM

post #5  quote:

there have been many occasions when i have just gone to Barnes and Noble to just read. i find one of those nice comfortable chairs and just hang out.

Old Post 01-10-2004 08:27 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #6  quote:

I've done that too, chodder. It's nice... because, for the most part, a bookstore is treated with the respect of a library. It's quiet, and comfy.

I've been sitting in my chair this morning, reading, right by the window. It's so nice and peaceful...

Old Post 01-10-2004 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

Red face post #7  quote:

I prefer reading somewhere outside, in the park, by the beach. Or in a library so long as there are WINDOWS. Somewhere without distractions. Let's the imagination wander better...

Well, that and I tend to react ALOUD to what I'm reading.

Old Post 01-13-2004 09:43 PM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #8  quote:

Illuminate... I used to go to the park with a blanket and lay down and read for a few hours. That is such a relaxing thing to do. I should go and do that more often. And the beach.... that's cool. You can take a chair and an umbrella and sit out on the sand for awhile as well. I really need to do that some weekend.

Old Post 01-13-2004 09:56 PM

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 04:13 PM

post #9  quote:

I take the train to and from work everyday and that is my main reading time, it is about half an hour each way, so an hour a day, and I absolutely chew through books.

After four + years, I have had to re-read so many of my books and borrow off friends to keep me going but now they are building a new library just across the road from me , so I will never be without new things to read!!!!! YAY!!!!!

Old Post 01-14-2004 03:09 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Heatherhobbit
INReview Maven

post #10  quote:

I carry my books everywhere. I like to read in the park, at Borders, or in bed. I don't like reading at Barnes. It's always too busy there to concentrate.

Old Post 01-17-2004 05:55 PM
Click here to Send Heatherhobbit a Private Message Find more posts by Heatherhobbit Add Heatherhobbit to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Heatherhobbit REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Jonny_Rico
Veteran

Local time: 08:13 AM

post #11  quote:

quote:
Sean Kelly said this in post #2 :
I usually read at night in bed, on my back, poorly illuminated from across the room. It's the perfect opportunity to grow heavy eyelids and pass out.

exactly the same for me.
hurts my eyes sometimes tho

Old Post 01-17-2004 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Jonny_Rico a Private Message Visit Jonny_Rico's homepage! Find more posts by Jonny_Rico Add Jonny_Rico to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Jonny_Rico REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Maja88
Veteran

Local time: 09:13 AM

post #12  quote:

I read during my classes. Hey -- why waste any time? Just like HECK, nothing can distract me, so I can as well read in my living room with my brother and sisters fighting all along, and I often do. I also love downloading books and reading them in front of computer screen... Hey, is there a *bad* place to read??

Old Post 01-18-2004 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Maja88 a Private Message Find more posts by Maja88 Add Maja88 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Maja88 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #13  quote:

I like to read lying on the ground with my feet on the couch, almost upside-down. I have to orient myself so the sun is coming through the window and shining on the pages.

Old Post 01-18-2004 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #14  quote:

I like to read in the bath tub. Nothing like running a nice hot bath and reading. It's about the only time I get to myself. Besides that, in the winter I have a nice comfy chair by the fire place I like to curl up in and read.

Old Post 01-21-2004 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Nymphadora a Private Message View Nymphadora's Journal Find more posts by Nymphadora Add Nymphadora to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #15  quote:

N, I want to get one of those bathtub racks, that goes from one side to the other, and you can put a book there, a drink, candle, whatever. That would be the perfect gift... and I would be a wrinkled prune, because I would stay in there for hours and just read.

Old Post 01-21-2004 11:58 PM

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #16  quote:

I know, I'm always trying to think of ways of making something that will hold a book and have something you can turn the pages with. I cn't use those bath rack things because I have and oddly shaped garden tub.

Old Post 01-22-2004 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Nymphadora a Private Message View Nymphadora's Journal Find more posts by Nymphadora Add Nymphadora to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #17  quote:

quote:
KJ said this in post #15 :
N, I want to get one of those bathtub racks, that goes from one side to the other, and you can put a book there, a drink, candle, whatever. That would be the perfect gift... and I would be a wrinkled prune, because I would stay in there for hours and just read.

get one with a fridge, microwave, wheels, and an internal combustion engine and you'd NEVER HAVE TO LEAVE

Old Post 01-22-2004 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #18  quote:

Uhhhhhhhhhh... NO!

Old Post 01-22-2004 01:00 AM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 01:13 AM

post #19  quote:

I like to read where I will be left alone! Which is nowhere!!! At my house if I lock myself into one of the office areas, I get into trouble and my wife tells me I am being antisocial and a recluse or a workaholic!

Old Post 01-26-2004 07:12 PM
Click here to Send TearUUp a Private Message Find more posts by TearUUp Add TearUUp to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore TearUUp REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

post #20  quote:

Like some other people on here....i can read wherever i am...in bed, in the bath, in front of the tv, at school, in the middle of the road...
and people cant disturb me, they will call my name numerous times and recieve no answer they have to come over and snatch the book out of my hands! Cant tell you how many teachers have had to do that!

If we all leave you alone, Tear, will you give up and go buy LOTR?????

Old Post 02-11-2004 04:52 PM
Click here to Send peregr!n a Private Message Find more posts by peregr!n Add peregr!n to your buddy list Send an AIM message to peregr!n peregr!n's MSN ID is warrior_hobbit Click Here to Ignore peregr!n REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #21  quote:

I HAVE A DAMN COPY...AND SO HELP ME...I WILL FIND IT...

Old Post 02-11-2004 04:54 PM
Click here to Send TearUUp a Private Message Find more posts by TearUUp Add TearUUp to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore TearUUp REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

post #22  quote:

well find it quicker! or take all of our advice...and BUY ANOTHER COPY!!!!!

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:00 PM
Click here to Send peregr!n a Private Message Find more posts by peregr!n Add peregr!n to your buddy list Send an AIM message to peregr!n peregr!n's MSN ID is warrior_hobbit Click Here to Ignore peregr!n REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #23  quote:

Well...I don't have a good place to read right now anyway...and with the baby on the way...it's going to be even more so!!!

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:09 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #24  quote:

I like to read while at the airport... helps the wait time to just fly by (pardon the pun)!

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:12 PM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #25  quote:

Bad joke!!! boooo...it is a good place to read though...

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:18 PM

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

post #26  quote:

and on the plane...aspecially on a long flight!

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:22 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #27  quote:

Yes, I'm flying tomorrow and I've got my book all ready for the trip!!

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:24 PM

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

post #28  quote:

I read most of LOTR on a flight to the US

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:25 PM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #29  quote:

LOTR books?? Are they based on the movies?

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:27 PM

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

post #30  quote:

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:29 PM
Time: 08:13 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Where do you like to read?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: