Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > The Last 3 Movies I've Seen...
Search this Thread:
Pages (6): « First « 23 [4] 56 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 09:16 PM

post #91  quote:

It was a good movie, until the end!!

Old Post 12-31-2006 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

Local time: 12:16 AM

post #92  quote:

Queen of the Damned dvd, Doom (unrated) dvd, Silent Hill dvd. I fell asleep during parts of SH as it made no sense to me and was slow moving. I liked Doom, stayed awake to see my fave Somoan get his BFG. One of the games I learned to bereally good at. That and Splinter Cell...hey maybe I should work special ops for the gov't or sumthin'.

Old Post 12-31-2006 10:18 PM
Click here to Send lickety_split a Private Message Find more posts by lickety_split Add lickety_split to your buddy list Send a Yahoo message to lickety_split Click Here to Ignore lickety_split REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #93  quote:

quote:
lickety_split said this in post #92 :
Queen of the Damned dvd, Doom (unrated) dvd, Silent Hill dvd. I fell asleep during parts of SH as it made no sense to me and was slow moving. I liked Doom, stayed awake to see my fave Somoan get his BFG. One of the games I learned to bereally good at. That and Splinter Cell...hey maybe I should work special ops for the gov't or sumthin'.

Was Queen of the Damned any good?
Did you read the books (the series) that Rice wrote?
Did the movie follow the book, for the most part?

You know what... I loved Doom. I don't know why. It wasn't like it was some academy award winning movie. But, I have this thing about movies with Duane Johnson (formerly known as The Rock). I like seeing all of his movies. I have a little crush on him, or something. So, I enjoyed it. And, Karl Urban was in the movie, and I love him too... since I saw him, as Cupid and Julius Caesar, on Xena and Hercules. He's a doll.
And, I was a HUGE fan of the original game, Doom. I played that game, every single day, when I was going to college. I spent HOURS upon HOURS playing it. I knew every damn map like the back of my hand.

Didn't see, and won't see, Silent Hill. I can't even stand the trailer of the movie on the preview channel on my cable for the pay-per-view. I hate horror (and I mean really bad horror... Doom isn't horror, in my opinion).

Old Post 12-31-2006 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

post #94  quote:

Lawless: I've read all of Anne Rice's novels & love them. The books are supreme compared to the movies. QOTD was ok. I liked the music more. Lots of missing background details ie: the Ancients. If you don't read Rice it would be confusing. Interview With A Vampire is a much better movie. I only discovered Doom 6 yrs ago. It's so much fun? So that's where I recognize Reaper from!! Xena! You triggered my memory! Karl Urban is hottt! I loved Cupid. I used to watch Xena every Sat. but I missed the season when Xena died. Gosh! Now Ima gonna have to catch up on those episodes. I'm gonna watch or try to play doom. I have friends over now so when I get a chance. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Old Post 01-01-2007 02:26 AM
Click here to Send lickety_split a Private Message Find more posts by lickety_split Add lickety_split to your buddy list Send a Yahoo message to lickety_split Click Here to Ignore lickety_split REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #95  quote:

Lady In The Water (It's better if you know going in it's supposed to be like a fairytale bedtime story and not a horror movie. I watch thinking it was going to be a horror flick and was a bit confused, but knowing its a bedtime story clears a few things up) im still wondering why storys hair went from red to blonde though

An American Haunting (pretty good movie kinda creepy, I was the only one in the room that knew what happen was what was going to happen, very few movies suprise me)

Fight Club ( love this movie, it was the first movie I grabbed off the stack of dvds at teh house, popped it in in the car, now that a movie that suprised me, sort of, I kinda had an idea or what was goona happen)

Side note: I fell asleep during Silent Hill too. I kinda want to finished watching it one day. It was really slow though, Working third if a movie is slow, I'm out, I don't get enough sleep to be able to sleep through it.

Oh yeah we went and watched Charlottes Web too. Jamie made fun of me cause I cried, even though that creepy ass spider creeped me out. It looked and moved like a real frikin spider, they could have made it a little cuter or something.

Old Post 01-02-2007 06:21 AM
Click here to Send Nymphadora a Private Message View Nymphadora's Journal Find more posts by Nymphadora Add Nymphadora to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #96  quote:

Hey... you're supposed to cry with Charlotte's Wed. So, tell Jamie to

Goodfellas

Old Post 01-02-2007 07:14 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #97  quote:

Fight Club is the best movie ever, ever. You can't fade it. You could try but you would fail.

-HECK!

Old Post 01-02-2007 04:35 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #98  quote:

The Prestige (Good movie. Really have to pay attention though.)
Eragon (Completely disreguard the book while watching this one.)
Lady In The Water (Strange, but good.)

There was a really weird one that I saw this past weekend but I can't remember the name of it for anything. It wasn't a bad movie though.

Old Post 01-04-2007 04:32 AM
Click here to Send Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse Add Pulse to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Pulse REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

post #99  quote:

I counted 32 movies in my dvd collection that are still in shrink-wrap unopened. Some I have seen & added to my stash, others were in the bargain bin & were the ones I never got around to seeing, some are classic or "cult" movies. Recently I watched THE FIFTH ELEMENT for the first time. I didn't fall asleep but I should have. Chris Tucker's character nearly drove me to insanity! Who's idea to put him in this movie? Did anyone on here like this movie and why? I can't think of any positives about the movie-it was soooo hokey. anyway that's my taste I heard DREAMGIRLS is doing well. Former American Idol Jennifer Hudson is getting Oscar raves for her singing and acting I watched SHAUN OF THE DEAD (excellent btw...) and tried for the second time to watch THE LAST SAMURAI When the new t.v season starts I'll be taping my shows & watching them later.

Old Post 01-04-2007 08:46 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #100  quote:

loL sorry to be off topic but you have 1337 posts :P and I find that really funny

I'm a "geeky" gamer sorry :'(

Old Post 01-04-2007 09:21 AM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #101  quote:

l33tz0r g4l3x0r

Old Post 01-04-2007 03:11 PM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #102  quote:

The Queen - super
The Good Shepherd - reeeeeally slow but pretty good
Happiness - worst. movie. ever.

Old Post 01-04-2007 05:16 PM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #103  quote:

quote:
lickety_split said this in post #99 :
I counted 32 movies in my dvd collection that are still in shrink-wrap unopened. Some I have seen & added to my stash, others were in the bargain bin & were the ones I never got around to seeing, some are classic or "cult" movies. Recently I watched THE FIFTH ELEMENT for the first time. I didn't fall asleep but I should have. Chris Tucker's character nearly drove me to insanity! Who's idea to put him in this movie? Did anyone on here like this movie and why? I can't think of any positives about the movie-it was soooo hokey. anyway that's my taste I heard DREAMGIRLS is doing well. Former American Idol Jennifer Hudson is getting Oscar raves for her singing and acting I watched SHAUN OF THE DEAD (excellent btw...) and tried for the second time to watch THE LAST SAMURAI When the new t.v season starts I'll be taping my shows & watching them later.

Lickety... I LOVE The Fifth Element. That's one of those movies that I tend to watch if I see it is on tv. LOVE IT!!! I still haven't added it to my collection... well, I did have it, but my ex got it, for some reason! And I loved Chris Tucker in the movie. His Ruby Rhod character was over the top, and I loved it. Then again, I'm just a fan of Chris'.

I also really liked The Last Samurai. It was slow in some parts, but it was a beautiful movie. It's one in my collection. I think that Tommy did a great job as Capt. Nathan Algren. His drunken exploits in the beginning were great. He just made me see a really drunk man, who wanted to just die.

Old Post 01-04-2007 11:05 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #104  quote:

Fifth Element was cool. The more I watch it the more I realize it could have been better as far as casting and dialogue go. But Luc Besson rules so anything he does is awesome. The first time I caught it I had to cover my ears when Tucker was screaming. Pissed me off so much.

Last Samurai is hella dope. I have read up on the Samurai culture for a while now. Cruise was really good in it.

-HECK!

Old Post 01-04-2007 11:22 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

post #105  quote:

Thanks guys! I'll give the Samurai another chance later on. I guess for Fifth Element I had to be in the mood for that. I liked Serenity a whole lot. Futuristic with great lines of comedy.

Still think Tucker is annoying though...

Old Post 01-04-2007 11:33 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #106  quote:

Yeah, he is rough at parts for sure. Overall the movie works.

-HECK!

Old Post 01-04-2007 11:45 PM

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

post #107  quote:

Well tell me something: Was Lei Loo (the 5th Element) a monster thing like the ones at the beginning and was killed and they regenerated the hand and it became her? How did it come about that it's this "perfect" specimen? Is she immortal or what. Just those questions from your knowledge. I'll try to look it up on a fan site or whatever. Also, why didn't those people Bruce Willis put in the fridge die?

Old Post 01-04-2007 11:54 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #108  quote:

quote:
lickety_split said this in post #107 :
Well tell me something: Was Lei Loo (the 5th Element) a monster thing like the ones at the beginning and was killed and they regenerated the hand and it became her? How did it come about that it's this "perfect" specimen? Is she immortal or what. Just those questions from your knowledge. I'll try to look it up on a fan site or whatever. Also, why didn't those people Bruce Willis put in the fridge die?

From what I gathered, the 5th Element chick was the 'perfect being' with power that can combat this ominous evil thing that tries to smear Earth every so many centuries. How did it come about? Who knows. Never says how. The monster guys were just protecting her.

I guess she was in that case and would somehow regenerate or come back to life. She might be one of several members of the species these weird aliens use. She might be immortal. I dunno.

And it's the future, being put in the fridge doesn't kill you. If you can buy Chinese food from a flying boat outside your window I think we can let frozen people come back from the dead.

-HECK!

Old Post 01-05-2007 12:04 AM

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

post #109  quote:

Good answer HECK! So with that theory no one should really die in the future then. Bummer!

Thanks for the insight. I still think it's a hokey movie though. Makes Star Wars seem "realistic".

Old Post 01-05-2007 12:10 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #110  quote:

A lot of moments where you gotta suspend disbelief. The were quick to get to the big chunks of the plot and not offer too much of an explantion as to how or why this crap works. Could have taken out parts of Tucker screaming like a woman (and making my ears bleed) and plugged a few plot holes instead, eh?

-HECK!

Old Post 01-05-2007 12:16 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #111  quote:

quote:
HECK! said this in post #104 :
But Luc Besson rules so anything he does is awesome. -HECK!

One thing I will say about Besson. The dude has produced a crap load of movies. A lot of foreign flicks... still, he's been a busy man over the years. I LOVED, La Femme Nikita. The original, French version, was amazing.

Old Post 01-05-2007 12:21 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #112  quote:

Hells yeah. The Professional (a.k.a. Leon) was awesome.

-HECK!

Old Post 01-05-2007 12:27 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #113  quote:

Well, I'm a bit miffed, right now. I got my movie, in the mail, from Blockbuster.com, and it wasn't what I ordered, though, I thought that it was correct. I ordered, "Underworld: Evolution" and it's what I did receive... and I put it in the dvd player, and pushed power. It loads up, and what do I see: extra options. So, I hit eject and look at the disc picture: Disc 2. I could watch some making of, and those extras. But, not the actual movie. They should have sent disc 1. *sigh* What a lovely f' up by the company.

Old Post 01-05-2007 05:03 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #114  quote:

We watched The Family Stone on cable over the weekend. The MIL said it made her think of Ron. Well, wtf? Who the hell is Ron in the movie? I get that I am the girlfriend that they all hate, but Ron saw it and he thinks the closest he comes to any of them is the gay black guy.

Old Post 01-05-2007 05:10 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #115  quote:

That movie is soooooo funny! Loved it. Screw what you're MIL thinks about the movie, or you!!!

Tell her to see the movie, "Mother-in-Law" because she's been like that.
She needs a TRUE slap of reality in my opinion!! And Damon will deliver it.

Old Post 01-05-2007 05:17 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #116  quote:

When we saw that movie, Ron laughed and said "oooh you would soooo outmanuver a mother like that". Yeah I would.

Old Post 01-05-2007 05:20 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #117  quote:

Well, you already outmaneuver your own mil, who's impossible... well, she was.

Old Post 01-05-2007 05:22 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #118  quote:

well she might have thought the movie made her think of her daughter and her cancer, but who knows.

Old Post 01-05-2007 05:27 AM

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #119  quote:

quote:
HECK! said this in post #97 :
Fight Club is the best movie ever, ever. You can't fade it. You could try but you would fail.

-HECK!

When the movie first came out I had a few people tell me it sucked so I never bothered to see it.

It wasn't until a friend of mine convinced me it was an awesome movie that I bought it and watched it and LOVED it. It's a good movie, I still can't get Jamie to sit through it though. I tell you he's worse than me about falling asleep during movies. If it's not a movie he picks out I can pretty much garentee that he's going to go to sleep no matter how good I tell him it is.

Old Post 01-05-2007 05:31 AM
Click here to Send Nymphadora a Private Message View Nymphadora's Journal Find more posts by Nymphadora Add Nymphadora to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #120  quote:

Fight Club is a damn good movie, and had an ending that made me go... "No f'n way!" I just didn't see that "twist" at all. I know that some people did... but, I just didn't. Maybe it's because I was just too damn fixated on Brad Pitt the entire time, or something.

Old Post 01-05-2007 05:46 AM
Time: 05:16 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (6): « First « 23 [4] 56 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > The Last 3 Movies I've Seen...
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: