Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > The Last 3 Movies I've Seen...
Search this Thread:
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 34 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

Local time: 04:44 PM

post #31  quote:

I heard about Bob Sagat and the Chinese-Jewish Comedian (can't remember his name...Gilbert (?) and that's why I want to see it. I couldn't get over Danny Tanner on Full House being vulgar and obsence. I mean it's Bob Sagat for Christ's sake!!

Old Post 12-01-2006 09:56 PM
Click here to Send lickety_split a Private Message Find more posts by lickety_split Add lickety_split to your buddy list Send a Yahoo message to lickety_split Click Here to Ignore lickety_split REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 01:44 PM

post #32  quote:

If you've ever seen his standup before Full House it wouldn't be as big of a shock. Dude is really raw. But yeah, everyone sees him as that wholesome dad from that show and the quirky talking suit on the home video show.

-HECK!

Old Post 12-01-2006 10:04 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #33  quote:

Lucky Number Slevin (good movie)
Santa Clause 3 (cute movie)
Clerks 2 (funny as hell and justs get really weird at the end)

Old Post 12-02-2006 02:23 AM
Click here to Send Nymphadora a Private Message View Nymphadora's Journal Find more posts by Nymphadora Add Nymphadora to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

Local time: 03:44 PM

post #34  quote:

Pride & Prejudice- rented
Shrek 2- on tv
Superman- at the theater

Old Post 12-02-2006 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #35  quote:

quote:
Nymphadora said this in post #33 :
Lucky Number Slevin (good movie)
Santa Clause 3 (cute movie)
Clerks 2 (funny as hell and justs get really weird at the end)

I liked Lucky Number Slevin too. Surprised it was that good.

Clerks 2 was great. I didn't expect it to get so raw at the end, but hey, hilarous still.

-HECK!

Old Post 12-03-2006 02:51 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #36  quote:

I had no idea what Lucky number Slevin was baout so when I started watching it i was like wtf is going on here. But it ended up being pretty good. Jamiekept asking whats going on and I was like it'll tell in a min. I'm glad it cleared everything up in the movie though. Some movies like that just leave you hanging and confused.

Clerks was funny. Of course my mom came over and happened to come in right at the donkey show. Yeah that was awarkard. But the funniest part of the whole movie was jay doing the guy from silence of the lambs.

Old Post 12-03-2006 04:13 AM
Click here to Send Nymphadora a Private Message View Nymphadora's Journal Find more posts by Nymphadora Add Nymphadora to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #37  quote:

quote:
Nymphadora said this in post #36 :
Clerks was funny. Of course my mom came over and happened to come in right at the donkey show. Yeah that was awarkard.

I remember being over at my mom's, one Saturday, like a year ago. We (Shannon and I) had borrowed someone's Queer As Folk seasons 1 - 5 dvds, and we were watching an ep. My mom comes home and sits down in her chair. Shan and I were laying on the couch, together. Now, my mom likes QAF, so I wasn't worried. But, she fell asleep... and all of a sudden there was this gay orgy, with a ton of guys. And if you've seen QAF, they left very little to the imagination. My mom wakes up and we just started busting up, because we were embarrassed. Watching ANY sex scene, in a movie, with my mom, is just strange... and I'm 36 years old.

Old Post 12-03-2006 05:05 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #38  quote:

Starting with the most recent:

1. The Great Muppet Caper (vhs)
2. When Harry Met Sally (vhs)
3. The Prestige (theater)

Old Post 12-03-2006 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

post #39  quote:

Aristorcrats was not available, so we rented some old horror cult classics from the 70's. 3 dvd's for the price of one! They included such classics as: Silent Night, Bloody Night~Don't Look In The Basement & Pieces. I'm somewhat of a film junkie. Lots of movie and tv stars of the past seem to start of in these cult movies. Not really scary but an interesting venture into the history of horror movies. I hadn't seen a rotary dial phone in years.

Old Post 12-04-2006 03:49 AM
Click here to Send lickety_split a Private Message Find more posts by lickety_split Add lickety_split to your buddy list Send a Yahoo message to lickety_split Click Here to Ignore lickety_split REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

Local time: 03:44 PM

post #40  quote:

Do you like Alfred Hitchcock movies?

Old Post 12-04-2006 04:19 AM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #41  quote:

We watched "The Polar Express" last night. I love that movie... esp at xmas time.

Old Post 12-04-2006 06:03 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

Talking post #42  quote:

quote:
Sandy June said this in post #40 :
Do you like Alfred Hitchcock movies?
Yes! Rear Window, Psycho & Vertigo among my faves. My phobia for birds is partially his fault, but mostly my kid brother's for putting his dead budgie in my bed when I was 10 yrs old. (yes, I slept on it...the entire night-woke up screaming a scream I didn't know was inside me)

Old Post 12-04-2006 06:40 AM

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #43  quote:

Happy Feet (In the theater a couple of weeks ago)
Mrs. Santa Claus (VHS at home)
The Grinch (VHS at home)

Old Post 12-08-2006 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse Add Pulse to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Pulse REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #44  quote:

Fell asleep watching Batman Begins on HBO and woke up in the middle of the night and a wink-wink-hubba-hubba-voot-voot-hibidy-hibidy movie was on. Some chesty broad going crazy, it like shocked me for a second. Then I shut it off and crashed. Wish I would have taped it.

-HECK!

Old Post 12-08-2006 06:11 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #45  quote:

We just purchased, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest.

Watched it just now, and I really liked it. Wasn't as good of a story line. The first was a lot better. But, the special effects were completely ass kicking. Those peeps on Davy Jones ship looked so damn real.

Old Post 12-09-2006 10:54 PM

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

post #46  quote:

quote:
HECK! said this in post #44 :
Fell asleep watching Batman Begins on HBO and woke up in the middle of the night and a wink-wink-hubba-hubba-voot-voot-hibidy-hibidy movie was on. Some chesty broad going crazy, it like shocked me for a second. Then I shut it off and crashed. Wish I would have taped it.

-HECK!

Are you sure you fell asleep? Were you making a tent in your bed again?

Don't worry, it'll come back to you.

Old Post 12-11-2006 04:53 AM

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

post #47  quote:

quote:
Lawless said this in post #45 :
We just purchased, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest.

Watched it just now, and I really liked it. Wasn't as good of a story line. The first was a lot better. But, the special effects were completely ass kicking. Those peeps on Davy Jones ship looked so damn real.

I was thinking of buying that on DVD. Since I don't own the first movie, I may skip it and just do a rental. I love Johnny Depp!

Old Post 12-11-2006 04:56 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #48  quote:

quote:
lickety_split said this in post #46 :

Are you sure you fell asleep? Were you making a tent in your bed again?

Don't worry, it'll come back to you.

OMG I laughed so hard I think I hurt something.

Old Post 12-11-2006 05:01 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #49  quote:

Watched, "Over The Hedge" last night. I think that it's a funny, and cute movie.

Old Post 12-11-2006 04:07 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #50  quote:

Saw The Holiday with the lady over the weekend. Actually liked it, not bad for a chick flick. Took a few good turns. Not overly hacky. Great date movie for sure.

Cameron Diaz is a horrible actress. I mean bad. No real character growth either. Sad because the I felt she consumed most of the movies attention. The rest of the cast saves it though. Jack Black is quirky enough to get by in any role and was great comedy relief. Kate Winslet came off like a Bridget Jones-ish, hapless butt of the joke but grew a lot. Jude Law breaks through the normal ladies man role he usually fills and shows some chops.

-HECK!

Old Post 12-11-2006 05:49 PM

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #51  quote:

agreed. cameron diaz was awful in this movie. Jude Law was great. Kate Winslet was great. Jack Black was great. They should have gotten someone else to be Cameron's character. She stunk.

and I love Ed Burns.

This was a good movie.

Old Post 12-11-2006 11:56 PM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #52  quote:

Ed Burns is dope. I would say if somehow Ed Burns was Jack Black's character that would be cool, but only Black could have done the things which made his characters so unique.

The Cameron Diaz part could of and should of have been played by someone, anyone else. Rachel McAdams, Ashley Judd, Reese Witherspoon, my butt, doesn't matter.

-HECK!

Old Post 12-11-2006 11:58 PM

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #53  quote:

Your butt? it's not THAT big of a role.

oh snaps.

Old Post 12-12-2006 12:15 AM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #54  quote:

Oh we got jokes, eh? Don't make me get the casting call sheet for the sequel to 'Little Man' so you can be the baby head...

-HECK!

Old Post 12-12-2006 12:33 AM

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #55  quote:

are you trying to clown my small head? Why, because you're insecure about your ginormous jackball head?

Old Post 12-12-2006 12:53 AM

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #56  quote:

Heck at work:

Old Post 12-12-2006 12:57 AM

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #57  quote:

Poseidon
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest.
Talladega Nights Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Old Post 12-12-2006 01:32 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #58  quote:

quote:
illuminate said this in post #56 :
Heck at work:

Alrighty then, truce. Click on this link of a funny picture I found.

-HECK!

Old Post 12-12-2006 05:01 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #59  quote:

Okay Heck! That is NOT a funny picture. I about had a heart attack.

Just for that, I'm going to have McD's deliver you 1000 McRib's and some muscle men will force feed you.

Old Post 12-12-2006 05:18 PM

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #60  quote:

What is it, a tarantula or a nasty spider or something? NOT FALLING FOR YOUR OLD TRICKS OLD HECK!

Old Post 12-12-2006 05:29 PM
Time: 09:44 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 34 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > The Last 3 Movies I've Seen...
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: