Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > Great sayings/quotes/ signatures
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Invisible
InReview Thread Killer!

Local time: 03:40 PM

post #31  quote:

Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose~Robin Williams

Old Post 10-15-2006 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Invisible a Private Message Visit Invisible's homepage! Find more posts by Invisible Add Invisible to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Invisible Send a Yahoo message to Invisible Click Here to Ignore Invisible REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

Local time: 09:40 PM

post #32  quote:

I beleive this is a William Wallace quote;

"How can I be a traitor when England is foriegn to me?"

Old Post 10-15-2006 11:35 AM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #33  quote:

quote:
White Tiger said this in post #32 :
I beleive this is a William Wallace quote;

"How can I be a traitor when England is foriegn to me?"

Yep that was Wallace. It's actually " how can I be guilty of treason when England is foreign to me" if we are nitpicking

Old Post 10-15-2006 02:50 PM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #34  quote:

I thought I would put the following quote in because I have no idea what it's about or how it came about so if anyone has any ideas I would like to hear them:
" I don't care if your a viking get that f***ing axe out of the dartboard"

Old Post 10-16-2006 12:16 PM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Viper1
Veteran

post #35  quote:

"You're going to need a bigger boat." ~ Police Chief Martin Brody

Old Post 10-16-2006 04:11 PM
Click here to Send Viper1 a Private Message Find more posts by Viper1 Add Viper1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Viper1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Viper1
Veteran

post #36  quote:

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." ~ Patton

"Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose." ~ Paton

"Thirty years from now, when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you, "What did you do in the great World War II," you won't have to say, "Well... I shoveled **** in Louisiana."" ~ Patton

Old Post 10-16-2006 04:15 PM
Click here to Send Viper1 a Private Message Find more posts by Viper1 Add Viper1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Viper1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 01:40 PM

post #37  quote:

"I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." -Bertrand Russell

-HECK!

Old Post 10-26-2006 05:09 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #38  quote:

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." -George Carlin

-HECK!

Old Post 10-26-2006 05:15 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #39  quote:

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -Mark Twain

-HECK!

Old Post 10-26-2006 05:20 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #40  quote:

I have a list of quotes that I add to a lot, here are some:

In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination.
Mark Twain

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
Mark Twain

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin

I could dance with you until the cows come home. On second thought I'd rather dance with the cows until you come home.
Groucho Marx

I do not care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.
Groucho Marx

Here's to our girlfriends and wives; may they never meet!
Groucho Marx

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.
Rodney Dangerfield

Most of the arguments to which I am party fall somewhat short of being impressive, knowing to the fact that neither I nor my opponent knows what we are talking about.
Rodney Dangerfield

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
Bill Cosby

There's a thin line between to laugh with and to laugh at.
Richard Pryor
---------

-HECK!

Old Post 10-30-2006 09:43 PM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #41  quote:

"Why should I study Algebra? I'm never going to go there!" - - Billy Connolly

"Never trust a man who, when left in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't try it on." - - Billy Connolly

"Who discovered that we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?" - - Billy Connolly

Old Post 03-10-2007 01:26 AM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #42  quote:

The tea cosy one is a classic partly because it's true

Old Post 03-10-2007 10:06 AM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #43  quote:

quote:
lodgebo said this in post #42 :
The tea cosy one is a classic partly because it's true

Oh really? When was the last time you tried on a tea cosey?

Old Post 03-11-2007 07:56 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #44  quote:

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen a tea cosey.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-15-2007 12:19 AM

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #45  quote:

I think it's more a UK thing, everyones granny had one at some point.

Oh and the last time I tried on a tea cosey was just before Christmas last year.

Old Post 03-15-2007 02:35 AM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

Local time: 04:40 PM

post #46  quote:

i had no idea what they were. I looked 'em up on google, looks like something I'd use to keep my scrotum warm.

Old Post 03-15-2007 09:26 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #47  quote:

Those British, always a step ahead in the nuts warming department.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-15-2007 06:02 PM

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #48  quote:

Well we have to it's freezing up north.

Old Post 03-15-2007 11:56 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #49  quote:

-HECK!

Old Post 03-16-2007 06:58 PM
Time: 09:40 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > Great sayings/quotes/ signatures
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: