Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > Great sayings/quotes/ signatures
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 01:43 PM

Great sayings/quotes/ signatures post #1  quote:

This thread is to put our favorite sayings, quotes or signatures.

I found one this last week that I love.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

This one brought to mind so many moments to me: the look on Ron's face as I walked down the isle, holding Nikki for the first time, seeing Damon for those few moments before he went to NICU when our eyes locked, picking my sweet Michu.

Old Post 06-21-2006 08:11 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #2  quote:

"I have sworn eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

-HECK!

Old Post 06-21-2006 08:24 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

brochu13
Mastermind

Local time: 04:43 PM

post #3  quote:

"Just because you're pro-troops doesn't mean you're pro-war. And just because you're anti-war doesn't mean you're anti-troops. Just because you don't support the war people think you are anti-troops and you are a bad guy. And just because you go support the troops and rah-rah the troops up all of a sudden you're pro-war."Sadly this was said by country artist Toby Keith, but I find it to be a true misconception and a pretty clever insight.

Old Post 06-21-2006 09:22 PM
Click here to Send brochu13 a Private Message Find more posts by brochu13 Add brochu13 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore brochu13 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #4  quote:

"No mystical energy field controls my destiny..." -Han Solo

-HECK!

Old Post 06-21-2006 09:23 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #5  quote:

"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing" Ben Franklin... words to live by

And look Fuscia, I have your quote on my signature below, I love that one too!

Old Post 06-21-2006 10:00 PM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #6  quote:

I thought that quote looked familiar.

-HECK!

Old Post 06-21-2006 10:06 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 03:43 PM

post #7  quote:

lt's a topsy-turvy world, Jane,

and maybe the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans,

but this is our hill.

And these are our beans.

---The nekkid Gun

Old Post 06-21-2006 11:35 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #8  quote:

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

-HECK!

Old Post 06-21-2006 11:38 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #9  quote:

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

-HECK!

Old Post 06-21-2006 11:39 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #10  quote:

"No matter where you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Bonzai

-HECK!

Old Post 06-21-2006 11:39 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #11  quote:

"Life is hard... here, take my hand!"

Old Post 06-21-2006 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #12  quote:

"The journey is more important than the end or the start" Linkin Park

Old Post 06-21-2006 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #13  quote:

the time may come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy ~ J.K. Rowling

Old Post 06-22-2006 05:14 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

Local time: 04:43 PM

post #14  quote:

"dog food tastes just like it smells.... delicious!"

Old Post 06-22-2006 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #15  quote:

"Plough deep while sluggards sleep" -Franklin

-HECK!

Old Post 06-22-2006 05:10 PM

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

Local time: 09:43 PM

post #16  quote:

Never give your reasons, for your judgement will probbaly be right, but you reasons will almost certainly be wrong.

Old Post 06-22-2006 06:02 PM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #17  quote:

I like the one you've had for a long time Fuscia:

the time may come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy

Old Post 06-22-2006 06:31 PM
Click here to Send flying panda a Private Message View flying panda's Journal Find more posts by flying panda Add flying panda to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore flying panda REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #18  quote:

My favorite personal saying is: "don't threaten me with a good time"

-HECK!

Old Post 06-22-2006 06:36 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #19  quote:

It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends- J.K. Rowling

Old Post 06-23-2006 09:10 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #20  quote:

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. ~J. R. R. Tolkien

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Old Post 06-23-2006 09:12 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #21  quote:

"I don't work January the 8th, 'cause it's Elvis' birthday." -Dell from D.C. Cab

-HECK!

Old Post 06-23-2006 10:35 PM

Staff
Shadow Stalker
ME

Local time: 03:43 PM

post #22  quote:

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes."-Jack Handy

Old Post 06-24-2006 08:01 AM
Click here to Send Shadow Stalker a Private Message Visit Shadow Stalker's homepage! Find more posts by Shadow Stalker Add Shadow Stalker to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Shadow Stalker Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #23  quote:

We were on fade for my buddies birthday and hit up this pretty nice restaurant. There's about ten of us at the table, just talking yang, hanging out. My buddies lady and her friend start talking about how when they used to get off of work they'd head on down to this nicer restaurant downtown, split a bottle of wine, get mouthy and head out to the bars. They were talking about the funny things that had happened when one of them said a camera crew should follow them around, like for a reality show. Then my buddy slam dunked them with, "what's it going to be called, 'When Unclassy People Go To Classy Places'?" I just about peed a beer gyser. Comedy and excellent.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-03-2006 11:08 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 05:43 AM

post #24  quote:

Must've been funnier when you were drunk, dude.

I love shadow stalker's though

Old Post 10-04-2006 08:16 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #25  quote:

Well up your nose with a rubber hose. That was a comedy gem.

Of course I was pretty faced.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-04-2006 04:36 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #26  quote:

"we all have issues, mine are just little ones" ~ Nikki my 5 year old

Old Post 10-04-2006 05:15 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #27  quote:

quote:
fuscia said this in post #26 :
"we all have issues, mine are just little ones" ~ Nikki my 5 year old

You know, that's a great saying!!

Old Post 10-04-2006 05:36 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #28  quote:

Classic That should be on a greeting card.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-04-2006 05:36 PM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #29  quote:

My favorite one at the moment in Donald Rumsfeld;

"There are known knowns, that is to say there are thing we know we know, there are known unknowns, things we know we dont know, and there are unknown unknowns, things we dont know we dont know."

Although that being said you can't beat George Bush;

"I beleive that human beings and fish can live in peace"

(I am not sure of the accuracy of the quote but they are my favorites at this moment in time)

Old Post 10-14-2006 10:58 PM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #30  quote:

Give me ambiguity or give me something else - Old Edinburgh quote.

Old Post 10-15-2006 12:58 AM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 09:43 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > Great sayings/quotes/ signatures
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: