Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > late night with chodder
Search this Thread:
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
chodder
INRH4xx0r^

Local time: 03:37 AM

post #31  quote:

Just got off of work and nobody said anything to me

Old Post 07-17-2004 03:47 AM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Spaliznad
yup

Local time: 02:37 AM

post #32  quote:

Awesome. I am happy for you Chodder. I don't know how many times I've gone to school thinking I'm gonna get 4 hours detention for some stupid <removed> I did the day before with the sub. It's an awesome feeling though, not getting in trouble.

Last edited by Heavens11 on 10-31-2004 at 03:09 PM |
Old Post 07-17-2004 06:00 AM
Click here to Send Spaliznad a Private Message View Spaliznad's Journal Find more posts by Spaliznad Add Spaliznad to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Spaliznad Send a Yahoo message to Spaliznad Click Here to Ignore Spaliznad REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #33  quote:

There is always tomorrow though

I work from 11:00-9:30 .......... long day

Old Post 07-17-2004 06:02 AM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Spaliznad
yup

post #34  quote:

Yeah. Do you get in the movies for free? That would be awesome. I have to find a job like that. All I get is 10% off stuff that I wouldn't buy in the first place.

Old Post 07-17-2004 06:07 AM
Click here to Send Spaliznad a Private Message View Spaliznad's Journal Find more posts by Spaliznad Add Spaliznad to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Spaliznad Send a Yahoo message to Spaliznad Click Here to Ignore Spaliznad REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #35  quote:

Yes, of course I get into movies for free. Any Clearview Cinema (East Coast) movie theater I could get into if I wanted to, I guess. There are 3 Clearview Cinema theaters in my area so I really don?t have to travel far. I also get a billion posters and all the popcorn I can eat. It is busy for like an hour when all the movies go in and then we have a break until a movie gets out. Then we have to clean. It is the easiest job in the world and I get paid for it. I recommend working in a small town theater though because they are less strict, less busier, etc

Its 1:30 Am....I'm goin' to bed

Old Post 07-17-2004 06:19 AM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #36  quote:

quote:
chodder said this in post #31 :
There was this really high power guy coming and he called like 3 hours in advance to say he was coming at 3. So we go insane and clean everything to a sparkle. It is now 5 and he still has not shown up. We were scheduled to leave at 5:30 and the next shift would come in. So (there was 4 of us and 1 manager) the 3 of us go outside for some air and to have a seat to rest out legs because we stand ALL day. The guy appears out of nowhere and the other 2 bolt inside making it really obvious that they are going to try and make it look like they were doing something. So I just stayed put figuring "you caught us red handed" The guy was pissed especially at me because I didn?t run inside as soon as I saw him. IT MAKES NO SENSE! So needless to say everybody is made because we went outside and they are especially mad at me because I didn?t run inside when the guy was like 10 feet from us.

I have had bosses like this. I <removed> hate these people.

The thing you have to undertand about this people is that they have a very small <removed> and make up for it by being a jerk. They are middle-management hired by the owners. They are not businessmen, they care nothing for efficiency or human rights. They only care about feeling like a god who's subjects fear them.

You did the right thing. Your co-workers are wusses. These men are weak inside and you have to stand up to them.

Imagine, how would he have reacted if all three of you had just sat there? He wouldn't have done anything. He couldn't. You weren't doing anything wrong, it was slow, and you guys had everything clean. There was nothing to feel guilty about.

But your coworkers succumbed the tyranny and made you look lazy and rebellious. Damn. They panicked.

Here's my experience: you have several options with these types of people:

a) just suck up and collect your paycheck
b) get fired and don't care
c) give them a taste of their own medice.

c is the best option I think

It must be carefully executed. You can't wait for them to yell at you then yell back. That's what they want. You have to immediately establish your authority. It's like training a dog.

ie.

the guy said he'd be there at 3. He was 2 hours late. Your best bet is to be friendly, yet have an undertone of disappointment "well YOU'RE late. haha"

a friendly tone will prevent him from getting angry (well it might not it may annoy him cuz he is a jerk-off after all) but he will immediately not have the upperhand. Plus if your co-workers had not jumped like they did and sat there it would have given him a feeling of powerlessness. (I take great joy in seeing these types feel powerless. )

if they do something that is completely stupid, like yell at you for sitting down, STAND UP FOR YOURSELF. "THE STORE'S CLEAN AND IT'S SLOW AND I'VE BEEN STANDING UP ALL DAY! IF YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING FOR ME TO DO I'LL GLADLY DO IT BUT EVERYTHING IS TAKEN CARE OF!!!!!!!" (note: avoid swear words and slang it makes you look stupid and gives them the upper-hand.) Get defensive "Are you trying to tell me how to do my job?! you do your job and I'll do my job and then we'll all make money!" Of course their reply will be "My job is to tell you how to do your job" which isn't entirely true, but is hard to come back to. "I'm doing my job!" Is the best reply I can think of but that's pretty weak. If you think of a better one let me know. These people are not used to people standing up to them so in all likelihood it will flabbergast them.

WARNING: if the person is stubborn enough, this feeling of powerlessness may just piss him off even more, in which case he will just fire your ass.

but at least you will have that momentary feeling of victory as you see the "wwwhhhhhaaattttt NO ONE SAYS THAT TO ME!" and a vague feeeling of some pointless battle won before you lose your job.

worse come to worse you can just slash his tires

Last edited by Heavens11 on 10-31-2004 at 03:12 PM |
Old Post 07-17-2004 07:58 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #37  quote:

quote:
WARNING: if the person is stubborn enough, this feeling of powerlessness may just piss him off even more, in which case he will just fire your ass.

This is him

Old Post 07-18-2004 03:36 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #38  quote:

Ok. I'm going to see Finding Neverland. Go to the link to read the synopsys. It looks really good... and I'm going to see it We had one of those sneak peaks for the public before the movie comes out. So we are going to play it tonight when everyone is the hell out and we have the whole place to our self. I'll let you know how it is.

Old Post 10-31-2004 03:10 AM

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

post #39  quote:

I've been looking forward to this movie (obviously) since it has one of my favorite actors in it. But not just that it looks like it has a good plot. I've heard about it. But I don't think I remember when it is coming out...

Old Post 10-31-2004 03:17 AM
Click here to Send MistyRainWater6 a Private Message Find more posts by MistyRainWater6 Add MistyRainWater6 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MistyRainWater6 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #40  quote:

I got fired once for hanging up on the phone with the manager guy.

He sent a suborinate to fire me.

The guy was shaking like a leaf. He thought I was going to kick his *** or something.

When I seen him shaking, I sensed his fear, and had this overwhealming urge to whoop up on him. He was a short little fat dude with squinty pig like eye's and he was being rude in the way he was firing me.

But I'm not like that. I would have felt bad later. Plus the thought of jail time made me stop.

Getting fired is the worst. You get slammed, and you got no recourse.

It's like a Sienfeld where they got "hand". They have it forever, cause they fired you.

That's why I like to quit.

It's my way of saying to my company that they are fired.

That way I got "hand".

Crap. Maybe this is why I live in a trailer park.

Old Post 10-31-2004 03:32 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #41  quote:

yeah but if you want to quit a job isn't it more fun to see how far you can take it and just make them fire you

man I hope someday I get to use the line "YOU CAN'T FIRE ME;; I QUIT!"

Old Post 10-31-2004 05:23 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #42  quote:

Yeah, so the movie was pretty good. Weird psychological crap going on. There is no action or anything in it... but has some really deep meaning in it. Especially at the end with the whole "Neverland" thing. Oh yeah and Depp's (sp?) wife is really hot. It isn't really a kids movie because I don't think they would understand any of it.

It comes out November 25th or something.

Old Post 10-31-2004 03:00 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #43  quote:

I'm probably going to be watching Oceans 12 tonight. I'll letcha know how it is

Old Post 12-09-2004 05:08 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #44  quote:

Eh, I forgot about this thread. Yeah so it wasn't as good as the first one. Not as much action and stuff.

Old Post 12-12-2004 04:07 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #45  quote:

they been hyping it a lot, when they do that, you can tell there is a stink on it.

When you getting to see Star Wars 3? Sometime in March or April?

Old Post 12-12-2004 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #46  quote:

I get to see it the night before it comes out.

Old Post 12-13-2004 05:02 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 04:37 PM

post #47  quote:

Oooh, not bad. I haven't got confirmation yet, but since I get to see all sci fi movies from 20th century fox a week or two before they're released, I'm hoping Star Wars will be the same. The problem being the security surrounding the movie will be so ridiculous I can't see it until, like chod, the night before it's released iRobot was the worst one so far, they got it like 2 days before it was released, and had just received the movie when they were screening it. They had to project the subtitles over the movie, since they hadn't added them yet. I can imagine star wars being worse

Old Post 12-13-2004 05:32 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #48  quote:

That sucks. One of the pros in working in a movie theatre is you get all the posters and stuff. But since were in a little small town theatre nobody cares. In huge theatres though I believe they are ordered to destroy everything.

edit: Sweeeeeeeeeet i just hit 5555

Old Post 12-13-2004 05:19 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 04:37 PM

post #49  quote:

congrats on 5555

hahaha ordered to destroy everything: yeah, right, that'd happen. I'd put what I could down my pants and put it in the car when no one would notice I'm gone for a few minutes

We don't get posters but we generally get gift packs (press kits, basically). Garfield bag once, an irobot clock with a thermometer and timer and stuff, and this Alien Vs Predator sthticker.

Old Post 12-14-2004 03:24 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #50  quote:

I'll be going to see Unleashed the night before it comes out... hopefully. I'm pretty anxious about this movie and I really want to see it. I actually want to see this more than Star Wars... but that?s next week when I DEFIITLY am going to be seeing it the night before it comes out. I will be sure to come on when I get home to let you guys know how it was (for both films)

Old Post 05-10-2005 01:09 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #51  quote:

yeah, i'm real curious about Star Wars, the reviews so far have been good, but I wnat to see what a "real" person thinks.

Old Post 05-10-2005 02:47 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #52  quote:

How do you know that I'm "real" I could be George Lucas just out and about trying to spread word that my movie is uber spectacular?

Here, have a cookie... something for ya to think about

Old Post 05-10-2005 03:30 AM

Youdontlikeme
In the Now Guru

post #53  quote:

banana's in pajamas...

Old Post 05-10-2005 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Youdontlikeme a Private Message Find more posts by Youdontlikeme Add Youdontlikeme to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Youdontlikeme REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #54  quote:

I don't think Lucas would go with a Matrix avatar, just a guess....

Old Post 05-10-2005 11:41 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #55  quote:

Sure I would I idol those brothers

Hahah - Man, I would love to see the expression on your face if you really found out I was George Lucas after all this time.

Old Post 05-11-2005 02:37 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #56  quote:

If you was really Lucas, you would buy Inreview from Marc and ban me for life, cause of all the trash talk and mean things I'v said about the sorry *** directing you have done with episodes 1 and 2!

Old Post 05-11-2005 02:54 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #57  quote:

Don't worry - I know where you live

You live in Oklahoma in a little town called Tulsa. You drive a red truck and live on a big piece of property. You have like 5 dogs and a goldfish. You once were a machinest and made a cool racecar clock. Now you chill out in your new home smoking cigars and bossing the wife around to get you your slippers. lol

Old Post 05-11-2005 03:22 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #58  quote:

It's all true, cept for bossing around Sandy June, I don't want my throat slit in the middle of the night.

Since I got the real Lucas here, may as well ask some questions.

Why did you make a trailer full of cool things like Darth Maul, double bladed light sabers, the Emperor saying "wipe them out, all of them", all to the tune of the imperial march,

then give a movie full of Jar Jar Binks, Senate negotiations, a two minute Darth Maul guest appearance, a fake looking war between two cheesy computer generated armies, one a fake looking droid army and one a fake looking Dungan/Gungan/Jar Jar Army,

all to the tune of boring elevator music,

and why, oh why, at the one point in the movie, when there was just a hint of emotion and a longing to see more, namely the point where Qui Gon is killed, and Obi Wan is behind the force field and about to come out and kick some serious Darth Maul butt, and Obi looks pissed,

Why did you cut back to that fake good for nothing loser cheesy Jar Jar Dungan/Gungan comedy fight and waste our time with that?

Huh?

You fat bearded sorry *** director, I want answers!!!!

Old Post 05-12-2005 12:12 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #59  quote:

You're Mom?

Old Post 05-12-2005 12:29 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #60  quote:

Just got back from seeing Unleashed. That movie was freakin' awesome. It has a gloomy darkness through the whole film. There is one scene where he is up against like 10 guys, maybe more. Insane.

Old Post 05-16-2005 12:13 AM
Time: 08:37 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > late night with chodder
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: