Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > Off Topic
Search this Thread:
Pages (447): « 12 [3] 45 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
outsider
Mastermind

Local time: 02:14 PM

post #61  quote:

I loved madlibs. I know what you *cough* mean.

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:18 AM
Click here to Send outsider a Private Message Find more posts by outsider Add outsider to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore outsider REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

maxwell55
Mastermind

Local time: 05:14 PM

post #62  quote:

quote:
Sean Kelly said this in post #56 :
T-Rex w/Boobs

Happy now?

God I love this place! Only on IR can you get someone to make a T-Rex with boobs for you!

Sean Kelly, YOU ROCK!

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:20 AM
Click here to Send maxwell55 a Private Message Find more posts by maxwell55 Add maxwell55 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore maxwell55 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

post #63  quote:

quote:
Dekka00 said this in post #60 :
Hey you want to know what else is weird? I know a guy named Sean Kelly... I guess it's not that terribly rare of a name

Not at all. I'm even a member of the International Brotherhood of Seans. Think I'm joking? -> http://www.compulink.co.uk/~11kbw/ibos/ibos.htm

blast it, their site is down right now..
it's downright funny to see all those Sean's in there though.

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:20 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #64  quote:

quote:
maxwell55 said this in post #59 :
This may seem sophmoric, but has anybody done any MadLibs recently?
We rediscovered them and do them quite often but we "tweak" them to make them even better.
For example, when it asks for a noun, we give a descriptive noun. (Instead of "3-toed sloth" for a noun, we will put down "prepubescent 3-toed sloth".) We tend to make them more *cough* adult as well.
If you have no idea what I am talking about, please disregard, but there has to be someone who remembers...

I used to do madlibs when I was in grade school. We'd put in words like "stinky" and "butt" and "fart" and "poop." We thought it was the funniest freaking thing ever. It had us laughing until we cried. And for adjectives we'd say "brown" and "yellow" since poop is brown and pee is yellow.

hmm... now that I think about it, my humor really hasn't matured much since then, the words I use have just gotten longer.

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:21 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

outsider
Mastermind

post #65  quote:

Yay for vocabulary.

I love humor, I think it is the best thing in the world. Laughing always makes you feel better.

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:22 AM
Click here to Send outsider a Private Message Find more posts by outsider Add outsider to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore outsider REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #66  quote:

quote:
Dekka00 said this in post #64 :

I used to do madlibs when I was in grade school. We'd put in words like "stinky" and "butt" and "fart" and "poop." We thought it was the funniest freaking thing ever. It had us laughing until we cried. And for adjectives we'd say "brown" and "yellow" since poop is brown and pee is yellow.

hmm... now that I think about it, my humor really hasn't matured much since then, the words I use have just gotten longer.

Exactly! That is why they can be great. The creativity just flows, man!

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:24 AM
Click here to Send maxwell55 a Private Message Find more posts by maxwell55 Add maxwell55 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore maxwell55 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #67  quote:

quote:
outsider said this in post #65 :
Yay for vocabulary.

I love humor, I think it is the best thing in the world. Laughing always makes you feel better.

Agreed! How old are you, Outsider, if you don't mind my asking?

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:25 AM

outsider
Mastermind

post #68  quote:

Well I was a teenager in the 80's, does that tell you anything?

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:26 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 04:14 PM

post #69  quote:

Dekka, what's that quote from in your signature line?

Herdsmen? Patriot class? It sounded exactly like something out of a tribe. But he heard one word that sounded beautiful: Benucci

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:28 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #70  quote:

quote:
outsider said this in post #68 :
Well I was a teenager in the 80's, does that tell you anything?

10-4 !
I think I'm a little younger but we're the same generation.

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:28 AM

outsider
Mastermind

post #71  quote:

quote:
maxwell55 said this in post #70 :

10-4 !
I think I'm a little younger but we're the same generation.

Maxwell are you implying I'm old?

Cause you might be right.

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:36 AM

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #72  quote:

No, but if I were, I'd be essentially calling myself old as well and a lady never does that!

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:44 AM

outsider
Mastermind

post #73  quote:

Now there is no reason to act lady like here, cut loose. Throw away the table manners.

I know I'm not aincent but sometimes when I find out how old some of the posters are, I laugh. They are just kids.

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:48 AM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #74  quote:

quote:
whidden said this in post #69 :
Dekka, what's that quote from in your signature line?

Herdsmen? Patriot class? It sounded exactly like something out of a tribe. But he heard one word that sounded beautiful: Benucci

It's from this dream I had

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:48 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #75  quote:

It has a nice flow to it, I thought it was from a book. Did you post your dream in the dream section?

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:50 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #76  quote:

not that particular one. I'll go do that now.

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:52 AM

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #77  quote:

quote:
outsider said this in post #73 :
Now there is no reason to act lady like here, cut loose. Throw away the table manners.

...well, if you insist! *Scratches. Spits*

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:56 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #78  quote:

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:58 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #79  quote:

It's a good thing the kids are not here to see all this scratching and spitting!

Old Post 01-16-2004 06:00 AM

outsider
Mastermind

post #80  quote:

Have I created a monster?

Old Post 01-16-2004 06:00 AM

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #81  quote:

Nah, you just unleashed it! The monster side has been there all along!

Old Post 01-16-2004 10:17 PM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 03:14 PM

post #82  quote:

quote:
Larke2000 said this in post #54 :

mm: i'm surprised at you. what do you have against asparagus?

You very well know I am NOT talking about asparagus, Larke.

Old Post 01-16-2004 10:26 PM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #83  quote:

quote:
Sean Kelly said this in post #56 :
T-Rex w/Boobs

Happy now?

Like I said predicted, NOT attractive. No wonder they never developed any. All the potential mates would have run off.

Old Post 01-16-2004 10:28 PM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #84  quote:

quote:
Dekka00 said this in post #64 :

Doesn't surprise me.

Old Post 01-16-2004 10:33 PM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #85  quote:

quote:
outsider said this in post #73 :

I know I'm not aincent but sometimes when I find out how old some of the posters are, I laugh. They are just kids.

Hail Internet!!!

Old Post 01-16-2004 10:35 PM

dreamcometrue
Enthusiast

post #86  quote:

I see the word broccoli and I think of the movie Daddy Day Care and wonder why any one would wear that costume

Old Post 01-17-2004 01:13 AM
Click here to Send dreamcometrue a Private Message Find more posts by dreamcometrue Add dreamcometrue to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore dreamcometrue REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #87  quote:

nion do you have a blog at mindsay?

Old Post 01-17-2004 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Nymphadora a Private Message View Nymphadora's Journal Find more posts by Nymphadora Add Nymphadora to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Heatherhobbit
INReview Maven

post #88  quote:

Uh, I know this is a little off topic, but I think that the mods reminding us to stay on topic are more off topic than the off topic comments that we accidentally make. Uh, okay, so maybe that doesn't make sense. Never mind. Back on topic!

Old Post 01-17-2004 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Heatherhobbit a Private Message Find more posts by Heatherhobbit Add Heatherhobbit to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Heatherhobbit REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #89  quote:

quote:
heather15644 said this in post #88 :
Uh, I know this is a little off topic, but I think that the mods reminding us to stay on topic are more off topic than the off topic comments that we accidentally make. Uh, okay, so maybe that doesn't make sense. Never mind. Back on topic!

But see, that's the beauty of the fabulous thread Dekka created! You never were off topic to discuss being off topic in the thread entitled Off Topic!

Old Post 01-17-2004 01:57 AM

Heatherhobbit
INReview Maven

post #90  quote:

I love this thread!

Old Post 01-17-2004 02:03 AM
Click here to Send Heatherhobbit a Private Message Find more posts by Heatherhobbit Add Heatherhobbit to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Heatherhobbit REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 10:14 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (447): « 12 [3] 45 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > Off Topic
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: