Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > Off Topic
Search this Thread:
Pages (447): « 1 [2] 34 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 07:01 PM

post #31  quote:

quote:
Dekka00 said this in post #30 :

those would be some big breasts

Yeah, but as I said earlier, definitely not attractive.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:08 AM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

outsider
Mastermind

Local time: 06:01 PM

post #32  quote:

What is the dish called? That sounds sooo good.

And a little fat is good for your body. However the amount of fries I consume is not!

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:12 AM
Click here to Send outsider a Private Message Find more posts by outsider Add outsider to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore outsider REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #33  quote:

quote:
outsider said this in post #32 :
What is the dish called? That sounds sooo good.

And a little fat is good for your body. However the amount of fries I consume is not!

It is called 'gobhi-aloo' or sometimes 'aloo-gobhi'. 'Gobhi' means cauliflower and 'aloo' means potato. It is cooked with a lot of oil and spices, mostly with onions and green chillies too. If you like spicy food, you will love it!!!

And I know a little fat is good for my body, but not the kind offered by french fries. Eating a lot of fat makes me more sleepy too, and it isn't very desirable for me.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:15 AM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

outsider
Mastermind

post #34  quote:

I am so going out for Indian this weekend. Hey do you know what the dish is called that is potatoes and chickpeas? It is like a stew. I can never remember the name and it is so yummy.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:18 AM
Click here to Send outsider a Private Message Find more posts by outsider Add outsider to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore outsider REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

post #35  quote:

Driving home from work this evening, I saw a car rudely invade the space of a motorcyclist to where the bike had to bail out of his lane and back off. So the biker puts on his high beam, pulls along side the car IN the car's lane, put's it in neutral, and rev's at the motorist 10-15 times.

While I could understand the biker's frustration and certainly the peril that oblivious motorists put motorcyclists in:

1) Motorcyclists know and accept this element of danger EVERY time they get on their bike, and thus his little emotional outburst was unwarranted

2) He placed himself BACK in danger by pulling along side the car and flipping out - he had NO way to know how the motorist would react to his antagonization and could easily have been killed by an abrupt motion of the vehicles - whether or not such motion was intended.

Overall, the interaction ranked a 7 of 10 on my scale of stupid things not to do.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:22 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #36  quote:

quote:
outsider said this in post #34 :
I am so going out for Indian this weekend. Hey do you know what the dish is called that is potatoes and chickpeas? It is like a stew. I can never remember the name and it is so yummy.

It is called 'matar-aloo' or sometimes 'aloo-matar', 'matar' meaning peas. There is also a stew which has peas and tofu made from cow's milk in it. It is called 'matar-paneer', 'paneer' meaning the milk-tofu. I love both. Have you tried 'matar-paneer'?

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:22 AM

maxwell55
Mastermind

Local time: 09:01 PM

post #37  quote:

quote:
Dekka00 said this in post #30 :

those would be some big breasts

I tried to superimpose a picture of breasts on a dinosaur but I am not that technically advanced. Anyone??

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:23 AM
Click here to Send maxwell55 a Private Message Find more posts by maxwell55 Add maxwell55 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore maxwell55 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #38  quote:

quote:
Sean Kelly said this in post #35 :
Driving home from work this evening, I saw a car rudely invade the space of a motorcyclist to where the bike had to bail out of his lane and back off. So the biker puts on his high beam, pulls along side the car IN the car's lane, put's it in neutral, and rev's at the motorist 10-15 times.

While I could understand the biker's frustration and certainly the peril that oblivious motorists put motorcyclists in:

1) Motorcyclists know and accept this element of danger EVERY time they get on their bike, and thus his little emotional outburst was unwarranted

2) He placed himself BACK in danger by pulling along side the car and flipping out - he had NO way to know how the motorist would react to his antagonization and could easily have been killed by an abrupt motion of the vehicles - whether or not such motion was intended.

Overall, the interaction ranked a 7 of 10 on my scale of stupid things not to do.

Well, I suppose he considered himself to be a very good motorcyclist, or he was very headstrong or foolish, or both.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:24 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #39  quote:

quote:
maxwell55 said this in post #37 :

I tried to superimpose a picture of breasts on a dinosaur but I am not that technically advanced. Anyone??

I don't think superimposing would look that good. Is there anyone good here with Adobe Photoshop who can morph a T-Rex so that it has breasts?

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:25 AM

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #40  quote:

quote:
Sean Kelly said this in post #35 :

Moron!! Not meaning for this to be taken the wrong way because I have several friends who have bikes, but sometimes bikers have that..."attitude"... to go along with the image.

HEY! I JUST REALIZED THIS IS MY HUNDREDTH POST!

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:26 AM
Click here to Send maxwell55 a Private Message Find more posts by maxwell55 Add maxwell55 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore maxwell55 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 08:01 PM

post #41  quote:

quote:
Overall, the interaction ranked a 7 of 10 on my scale of stupid things not to do. -Sean Kelly

Anger can make you do some stupid things. There was a road rage incident here in Tulsa. Two cars were duking it out, and they both pulled to the side of the road and stopped.

A guy got out of the first car and ran to the second car which was driven by a woman. She hit the gas and put him on the hood. She headed out onto the highway and did speeds over 100mph while Homer was hanging on to the windshield wipers for dear life.

The cops pulled them over and put them both in jail, though the woman got the full force of the law brought down on her for actually trying to kill the guy.

It came out later that she was laughing in his face through the windshield as she swerved back and forth at over 100 mph.

Anger can make you stupid!

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:29 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #42  quote:

quote:
maxwell55 said this in post #40 :

Moron!! Not meaning for this to be taken the wrong way because I have several friends who have bikes, but sometimes bikers have that..."attitude"... to go along with the image.

Yeah, the tough guy image, eh? I wonder if TearUUp owns a bike.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:32 AM

esskay
Rookie

post #43  quote:

quote:
whidden said this in post #41 :
Anger can make you stupid!

*nod* I can certainly vouch for that - I can't tell you how many times I've significantly injured myself in the heat of rage. Not the least of which was the time I broke my hand boxing my file cabinet over a $400+ phone bill from toll charges to Psychic Friends Network by my EX.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:33 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 08:01 PM

post #44  quote:

Happy 100 Maxwell!

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:34 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #45  quote:

quote:
whidden said this in post #44 :
Happy 100 Maxwell!

From me too!!!

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:35 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #46  quote:

quote:
Sean Kelly said this in post #43 :

*nod* I can certainly vouch for that - I can't tell you how many times I've significantly injured myself in the heat of rage. Not the least of which was the time I broke my hand boxing my file cabinet over a $400+ phone bill from toll charges to Psychic Friends Network by my EX.

Wow, some rage, huh? Why don't you try your own medicine, the flamers ward?

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:36 AM

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #47  quote:

quote:
Sean Kelly said this in post #43 :

That Dionne Warwick will get 'cha every time!

Thanks MM and Whidden!

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:42 AM

outsider
Mastermind

post #48  quote:

quote:
mmaheshwary said this in post #36 :

It is called 'matar-aloo' or sometimes 'aloo-matar', 'matar' meaning peas. There is also a stew which has peas and tofu made from cow's milk in it. It is called 'matar-paneer', 'paneer' meaning the milk-tofu. I love both. Have you tried 'matar-paneer'?

I haven't tried that. It sounds great. I am vegetarian so it really appeals to me. Have you ever had it with soy milk or coconut milk, or does the cow's milk give it it's flavor.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:44 AM

Larke2000
INReview Maven

post #49  quote:

would anyone else agree that chihuahua snot tastes remarkably like asparagus? or is it just me?

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:46 AM
Click here to Send Larke2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Larke2000 Add Larke2000 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Larke2000 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #50  quote:

quote:
outsider said this in post #48 :

I haven't tried that. It sounds great. I am vegetarian so it really appeals to me. Have you ever had it with soy milk or coconut milk, or does the cow's milk give it it's flavor.

The tofu used is made from cow's or buffalo's milk. We don't usually use soy or coconut tofu.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:49 AM

outsider
Mastermind

post #51  quote:

Well since I don't eat asparagus, I cannot compare it. But chihuahua snot can be really delicious when mixed with yogurt.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:49 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #52  quote:

quote:
Larke2000 said this in post #49 :
would anyone else agree that chihuahua snot tastes remarkably like asparagus? or is it just me?

Larke, you are disgusting!!!

And outsider, you are going to lose all the respect I had for you.

Just kidding, guys, but that was disgustingly funny.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:50 AM

outsider
Mastermind

post #53  quote:

WOW! You mean I had respect at some point? How cool is that.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:52 AM

Larke2000
INReview Maven

post #54  quote:

quote:
mmaheshwary said this in post #52 :

Larke, you are disgusting!!!

And outsider, you are going to lose all the respect I had for you.

Just kidding, guys, but that was disgustingly funny.

mm: i'm surprised at you. what do you have against asparagus?

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:53 AM
Click here to Send Larke2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Larke2000 Add Larke2000 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Larke2000 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #55  quote:

quote:
Larke2000 said this in post #49 :

Very amusing! I adore off the wall humor!

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:12 AM

esskay
Rookie

post #56  quote:

T-Rex w/Boobs

Happy now?

Attachment:
rex-boobs3.jpg (46.5850 kb, 69 views)

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:14 AM

esskay
Rookie

post #57  quote:

quote:
mmaheshwary said this in post #46 :

Wow, some rage, huh? Why don't you try your own medicine, the flamers ward?

That was a long time a go, in a galaxy far, far away.

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:15 AM

outsider
Mastermind

post #58  quote:

saggy.

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:16 AM

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #59  quote:

This may seem sophmoric, but has anybody done any MadLibs recently?
We rediscovered them and do them quite often but we "tweak" them to make them even better.
For example, when it asks for a noun, we give a descriptive noun. (Instead of "3-toed sloth" for a noun, we will put down "prepubescent 3-toed sloth".) We tend to make them more *cough* adult as well.
If you have no idea what I am talking about, please disregard, but there has to be someone who remembers...

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:17 AM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #60  quote:

amazing. I was going to do the trex with boobs and i chose the exact same picture.

Hey you want to know what else is weird? I know a guy named Sean Kelly... I guess it's not that terribly rare of a name

Old Post 01-16-2004 05:18 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote
Time: 02:01 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (447): « 1 [2] 34 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > Off Topic
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: