Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > Off Topic
Search this Thread:
Pages (447):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

Local time: 05:02 PM

Off Topic post #1  quote:

Since everyone is so easily side-tracked, this is a thread where it is impossible to get off topic, because this thread has no topic. Just say whatever, and let the conversation resolve of it's own momentum!

Old Post 01-15-2004 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #2  quote:

This morning (well, 1pm) I was groggy and my brain wasn't working so I made myself a couple of cups of really strong coffee. I overcompensated. A half hour later I was so wired that my hands were twitching as I typed and I couldn't do anything because I kept getting sidetracked by every little thing.
d'oh!

Old Post 01-15-2004 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

Local time: 12:02 AM

post #3  quote:

Okay,i'll go off topic by saying a topic:Nion is a genius.post away.

Old Post 01-15-2004 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Nion a Private Message Find more posts by Nion Add Nion to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Nion REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Jokers_Harley
In the Now Guru

Local time: 02:02 PM

post #4  quote:

Nion is funny but I wouldnt say genius...... just kidding............. and I have done that too myself too Nion when I think I need it, then I regret it because I am TOO wired to do anything........... should of just slept it off and I NEEDED it this morning because I stayed up last night having a LOTR marathon.......... which meant I watched both EE's in one sitting....... went to bed at like 2am!!!!!

Old Post 01-15-2004 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Jokers_Harley a Private Message Find more posts by Jokers_Harley Add Jokers_Harley to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Jokers_Harley REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #5  quote:

quote:
Dekka00 said this in post #2 :
This morning (well, 1pm) I was groggy and my brain wasn't working so I made myself a couple of cups of really strong coffee. I overcompensated. A half hour later I was so wired that my hands were twitching as I typed and I couldn't do anything because I kept getting sidetracked by every little thing.
d'oh!

I did that a few weeks ago. I was talking so fast my husband could not understand me. I get very creative when I am that wired. I did an outline for my Gandalf window. Put some music on and just go with it. No more coffee for me- for a while at least.

Old Post 01-15-2004 10:04 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Shadow Stalker
ME

Local time: 04:02 PM

post #6  quote:

i bet you're kids found that to be uh...interesting eh Fuscia?

Old Post 01-15-2004 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Shadow Stalker a Private Message Visit Shadow Stalker's homepage! Find more posts by Shadow Stalker Add Shadow Stalker to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Shadow Stalker Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #7  quote:

Well, Daddy was watching them. I put on some old 80's music and cleaned the garage, then I worked on the piece, then I danced with the kids................around midnight I started reading, around 2 I got fed up and took some Benedryl

Old Post 01-15-2004 10:12 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #8  quote:

When you are eating broccoli, have you ever pretended that you were a dinosaur eating trees? (It said you can post anything!!)

Old Post 01-16-2004 02:40 AM
Click here to Send maxwell55 a Private Message Find more posts by maxwell55 Add maxwell55 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore maxwell55 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 03:02 PM

post #9  quote:

quote:
maxwell55 said this in post #8 :
When you are eating broccoli, have you ever pretended that you were a dinosaur eating trees? (It said you can post anything!!)

Not really. But it is an interesting way to look at them. BTW, do you think the dinosaurs thought of the trees as broccoli?

Old Post 01-16-2004 02:44 AM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #10  quote:

quote:

No, but sometimes when I walk in the yard, I pretend I am a giant and the blades of grass are trees. That's kind of close.....

Old Post 01-16-2004 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #11  quote:

quote:
mmaheshwary said this in post #9 :

Not really. But it is an interesting way to look at them. BTW, do you think the dinosaurs thought of the trees as broccoli?

It is one of the only ways I can get my students to eat their broccoli at lunch!

Very interesting thought MM. If they thought of trees as broccoli, what, then did they think of actual broccoli? That it is a spice like parsley? And if they thought it was like parsley, what did they think of actual parsley....????

Whidden! I've thought of that too! It always reminds me of "Honey I Shrunk the kids!"

Old Post 01-16-2004 03:05 AM
Click here to Send maxwell55 a Private Message Find more posts by maxwell55 Add maxwell55 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore maxwell55 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #12  quote:

quote:
maxwell55 said this in post #11 :

It is one of the only ways I can get my students to eat their broccoli at lunch!

Very interesting thought MM. If they thought of trees as broccoli, what, then did they think of actual broccoli? That it is a spice like parsley? And if they thought it was like parsley, what did they think of actual parsley....????

Did broccoli even exist back then? And if the dinosaurs thought of the trees as broccoli, did dinosaur kids refuse to eat them?

BTW, why don't you tell your students that broccoli was the vegetable that made dinosaurs big and strong?

Old Post 01-16-2004 03:12 AM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #13  quote:

quote:
mmaheshwary said this in post #12 :

Did broccoli even exist back then? And if the dinosaurs thought of the trees as broccoli, did dinosaur kids refuse to eat them?

Is that why some dinosaurs were carnivores? Because they didn't like broccoli (trees) and they would starve if they didn't eat something? Or maybe the true reason why dinosaurs became extinct was because they didn't eat their broccoli!?!!?!!

BTW, why don't you tell your students that broccoli was the vegetable that made dinosaurs big and strong?

Good idea! I'll try...but it is impossible to get almost anyone to eat their broccoli that this district serves! It is RUBBERY and you cannot even cut it with the plastic spork that is given. The only way to eat it is to stab it and eat it in bites off of the spork...hence the eating trees...

Old Post 01-16-2004 03:23 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #14  quote:

Even good brocolli is bad brocolli. I hate that stuff!!!!

AGggggggggggggggghhhh.

Old Post 01-16-2004 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #15  quote:

quote:
whidden said this in post #14 :
Even good brocolli is bad brocolli. I hate that stuff!!!!

AGggggggggggggggghhhh.

Now now David my boy, how would you become big and strong if you don't eat your broccoli?

Old Post 01-16-2004 03:33 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #16  quote:

quote:
maxwell55 said this in post #13 :

Is that why some dinosaurs were carnivores? Because they didn't like broccoli (trees) and they would starve if they didn't eat something? Or maybe the true reason why dinosaurs became extinct was because they didn't eat their broccoli!?!!?!!

Good theory maxwell. Do you want to write a paper with me on this?

Last edited by adityamahesh on 01-16-2004 at 04:00 AM |
Old Post 01-16-2004 03:35 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #17  quote:

There are fields, endless fields where Broccoli is grown. For the longest time, I wouldn't believe it.
But then I saw the fields with my own eyes, spreading in every direction for miles.

I watched them harvest the broccoli so that it could be fed to the living, and standing there, facing the efficiency, the pure, horrifying precision, I came to realize the obviousness of the truth......

Broccoli sucks.

Old Post 01-16-2004 03:49 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #18  quote:

Good one Whidden!!! You are the best Law-dawg around here!!!

Old Post 01-16-2004 03:54 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #19  quote:

Seriously, broccoli isn't that bad, and it is good for your health too. And what would you guys rather eat? The evil incarnation of pure fat, french fries?

Old Post 01-16-2004 03:57 AM

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #20  quote:

quote:
mmaheshwary said this in post #16 :

Good theory maxwell. Do you want to write a paper with me on this theory?

"Per capita consumption of broccoli in this country reached 6 pounds last
year, compared to only l.5 pounds in 1970. U.S. growers met this increased
demand by producing 1.3 million pounds last year--four times the 325,000
pounds grown in 1970. Broccoli is high in vitamins and dietary fiber.
Another plus: Broccoli is rich in sulforaphane, a compound associated with
reduced risk of breast cancer."

Breast Cancer. Another possible reason why the dinosaurs became extinct? Could we use this as a supporting evidence?

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:00 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #21  quote:

I'm just fooling around. I will actually eat the stuff if it is raw and there is some sauce to dip it in to kill the taste.

Cooked though........I can't even be in the same room with it, it makes me sick.

I hope Maxwell can brainwash those kids into eating it. It is good for you and will make you live longer......

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:00 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #22  quote:

quote:
maxwell55 said this in post #20 :
Breast Cancer. Another possible reason why the dinosaurs became extinct? Could we use this as a supporting evidence?

It could have been supporting evidence, if only dinosaurs had been mammals. Oh well....

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:02 AM

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #23  quote:

[QUOTE]whidden said this in post #21 :
[B]I'm just fooling around. I will actually eat the stuff if it is raw and there is some sauce to dip it in to kill the taste.

It will be a new billboard:
"Broccoli. Created to get ranch dressing in your mouth."~ God

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:03 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #24  quote:

quote:
whidden said this in post #21 :
I'm just fooling around. I will actually eat the stuff if it is raw and there is some sauce to dip it in to kill the taste.

Cooked though........I can't even be in the same room with it, it makes me sick.

I hope Maxwell can brainwash those kids into eating it. It is good for you and will make you live longer......

If I could get a hold of your wife, I would ask her to cook it everyday and make you eat it!!! Just kidding.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:04 AM

maxwell55
Mastermind

post #25  quote:

quote:
mmaheshwary said this in post #22 :

It could have been supporting evidence, if only dinosaurs had been mammals. Oh well....

True! But how funny would a dinosaur look with breasts?

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #26  quote:

quote:
maxwell55 said this in post #23 :
It will be a new billboard:
"Broccoli. Created to get ranch dressing in your mouth."~ God

outsider
Mastermind

post #27  quote:

Broccoli and cauliflower raw is the best!

And I love fries. They are so bad for you. Mmmmm, tasty!

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:05 AM
Click here to Send outsider a Private Message Find more posts by outsider Add outsider to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore outsider REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #28  quote:

quote:
maxwell55 said this in post #25 :

Funny, yes, but attractive? Definitely not, especially T-Rex.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:05 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #29  quote:

quote:
outsider said this in post #27 :
Broccoli and cauliflower raw is the best!

And I love fries. They are so bad for you. Mmmmm, tasty!

I actually like cauliflower more than broccoli, but broccoli is more nutritious.

BTW, you should try an indian dish made from cauliflower and potatoes. It is delicious!!!

And as for french fries, I would like to eat them, if only they could remove all the unrequired fat.

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:07 AM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #30  quote:

quote:
maxwell55 said this in post #25 :

those would be some big breasts

Old Post 01-16-2004 04:07 AM
Time: 10:02 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (447):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > Off Topic
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: