Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Politics & Government > 2004 U.S. Presidential Election > Our distinguished president...
Search this Thread:
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 10:14 PM

post #31  quote:

quote:
becker said this in post #24 :

Now you have four more years of puking re: Bush..

And much more time to puke when you oversaturate yourself with Beer.... It's those strong "Chasers" that do it.....

Beck, you know me better than that. The only thing I chase whiskey with is more whiskey.

Oh well, I need to go back to the Apprentice thread. I get all worked up with this political talk.

-HECK!

Old Post 11-17-2004 04:28 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Jim Nasium
Mastermind

post #32  quote:

quote:
Sean Kelly said this in post #25 :

I think what I am looking for, along with everyone else who generally opposes Bush's policies, is an acknowledgement from Bush supporters (and from Bush himself, for that matter!) on whole that they do indeed recognize that the President is not perfect, that he makes mistakes like the rest of us, that mistakes have been made during his Presidency, but that they still believe in the overall goals and will strive to right wrongs and pursue the greater good.

That's all I'm looking for.

don't hold your breath. he's proved time and again that he's as arrogant and stubborn as he is dumb.

Old Post 11-17-2004 05:11 AM
Find more posts by Jim Nasium Add Jim Nasium to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Jim Nasium REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kevinbailey
Mastermind

Local time: 12:14 AM

Re: Our distinguished president... post #33  quote:

quote:
HECK said this in post #1 :
Ah, just makes me feel so glad he's in charge.

And no, it's not a fake. See the video at http://www.bush-flipflop.com/bush_bird.html

-HECK!

I agree. Everyone should go watch the video. It's damn funny.

Old Post 11-30-2004 07:10 PM
Click here to Send kevinbailey a Private Message Find more posts by kevinbailey Add kevinbailey to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore kevinbailey REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #34  quote:

That is, if it's the video of Pres. Bush (then-Gov. Bush), perfunctorily smoothing down his hair while John Edwards primps. Is that the one?

Old Post 11-30-2004 07:11 PM
Click here to Send kevinbailey a Private Message Find more posts by kevinbailey Add kevinbailey to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore kevinbailey REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

Local time: 01:14 AM

post #35  quote:

here's the Edwards video
http://slate.msn.com/id/2108216/sli...08087/speed/100

Old Post 11-30-2004 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

gaoxiaen
Veteran

Local time: 02:14 PM

post #36  quote:

Vanquished foes? The Republicans shouldn't break their arms patting themselves on the back. That's called skin of his teeth. 2004 was the third closest margin in a century. 2000 was second closest. Without Karl Rove either one of those would have been a rout for the Democrats.
He hasn't even reached his second inauguration and he's already a lame duck. We haven't even begun calculating the payment on his profligacy. At least he wasn't stupid enough to say "Read my lips".

Old Post 12-01-2004 01:33 PM
Click here to Send gaoxiaen a Private Message Find more posts by gaoxiaen Add gaoxiaen to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore gaoxiaen REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

post #37  quote:

Dinosaurs:

Democratic party.

Left wing biased media.

Kerry

Edwards

Bush haters

Old Post 12-01-2004 08:58 PM
Click here to Send becker a Private Message Find more posts by becker Add becker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore becker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

gaoxiaen
Veteran

post #38  quote:

Liberals: Democrats and Republicans alike.
Losers: Everyone in America that loves liberty. Four more years of the ever more powerful nanny state.
Winners: Those that worship at the altar of the State.
Dinosaurs: Truth, Liberty, Justice, and the Bill of Rights.

Last edited by gaoxiaen on 12-02-2004 at 12:18 AM |
Old Post 12-01-2004 11:53 PM
Click here to Send gaoxiaen a Private Message Find more posts by gaoxiaen Add gaoxiaen to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore gaoxiaen REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #39  quote:

quote:
gaoxiaen said this in post #36 :
Vanquished foes? The Republicans shouldn't break their arms patting themselves on the back. That's called skin of his teeth. 2004 was the third closest margin in a century. 2000 was second closest. Without Karl Rove either one of those would have been a rout for the Democrats.
He hasn't even reached his second inauguration and he's already a lame duck. We haven't even begun calculating the payment on his profligacy. At least he wasn't stupid enough to say "Read my lips".

Be careful who you accuse of being "Republican." I am one of a long line of proud Democrats.

Frank E. Bailey, Sr. (Great-Grandfather) - First presidential vote cast for William Jennings Bryan.

Frank E. Bailey, Jr. (Grandfather) - First vote cast for Harry Truman

James D. Bailey (Father) - First vote cast for Jimmy Carter

Kevin S. Bailey (Me) - First vote cast for Bill Clinton, last vote cast for George W. Bush.

I am no Republican. But this man is a good president, and I had no use for how he was being attacked from political bigots like Michael Moore and others. I don't agree with everything he does -- in fact, I probably agree with maybe half of what he does (he's a Republican, after all), but he's a good man, doing a tough job, in a difficult time. And all those listed in my sig are INDEED "vanquished foes."

Old Post 12-02-2004 09:57 PM

gaoxiaen
Veteran

post #40  quote:

My family has been politically split for decades. Age 50 and below are mostly Libertarian. I only vote Libertarian. Everyone else voted for Kerry. I agree with most of what Bush does but do not believe that he is a good (or particularly smart) man at all.

Old Post 12-03-2004 03:25 AM

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #41  quote:

You're just flat wrong, G. Bush is a smart man. Just because one does not speak particularly well, does NOT make one stupid. In fact, some people I have heard discuss this issue have concluded that Pres. Bush is most likely at least mildly dyslexic. Your contempt for his intelligence notwithstanding, there are many men with famous names, and even sons of presidents, who never do what Pres. Bush has done. He is the most powerful person in the world right now. And he is BOTH a good AND a smart man. I challenge anyone to PROVE otherwise. (Notice I didn't say CLAIM otherwise, or SPIN otherwise, your OPINIONS are not PROOF.)

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:21 AM

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #42  quote:

BTW, I count YOU as among the "vanquished foes" now that you have made the ludicrous claim that Bush is neither a good, nor a smart man. Even people who don't like him (i.e. John Kerry) usually admit that he is a good man.

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:23 AM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #43  quote:

how 'bout the alleged ties between Saddam and 9/11

...even though they were planning the war since before 9/11...

which means... he lied.

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:24 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

gaoxiaen
Veteran

post #44  quote:

I didn't say he's stupid. I also said "I don't believe". That makes it my opinion. Good and smart are your opinions. Can you prove it?

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:25 AM

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #45  quote:

Proof, please? As I said, your OPINIONS are not PROOF. Pres. Bush NEVER -- not ONCE -- said that Saddam was in ANY WAY culpable for 9/11.

Next.

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:26 AM

esskay
Rookie

post #46  quote:

Verdict's still out as to whether he's a "good man" for me. I think that remains to be demonstrated. Indeed he initiates a lot of "good things", but he also initiates some "bad things". I see him trying to balance out his good & bad activities as any President would be expected to. I don't think ANY of them particularly qualify as good or bad as they simply come with the territory. I expect that as outsiders we'll only truly know the essence of his life in following what happens with him after his term in office. Then it will be revealed whether he is here to do the right thing, or to do the right thing for himself.

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:27 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

gaoxiaen
Veteran

post #47  quote:

Right. I didn't say anything about 9/11. I believe he had every right to gi into Iraq. Whether that was a smart thing to do is another argument. Afghanistan was entirely justified. There are also smart ways and stupid ways to do things. Remember the "Six Ps".

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:28 AM

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #48  quote:

If you "don't believe" he's smart, show proof of that, or simply admit that it's a completely unsubstantiated, wholly insupportable statement, which you just made up out of whole cloth.

Next.

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:28 AM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #49  quote:

quote:
kevinbailey said this in post #45 :
Proof, please? As I said, your OPINIONS are not PROOF. Pres. Bush NEVER -- not ONCE -- said that Saddam was in ANY WAY culpable for 9/11.

Next.

ok.

you should see some people though... they still think Saddam did have something to do with it

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:30 AM

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #50  quote:

quote:
gaoxiaen said this in post #47 :
Right. I didn't say anything about 9/11.

That post wasn't directed at you.

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:43 AM

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 02:44 AM

post #51  quote:

Oh but Dekka00, Saddam lived near those people... how could he NOT have been involved in 9-11??? lol

Oh and kevinbailey, you said: Pres. Bush NEVER -- not ONCE -- said that Saddam was in ANY WAY culpable for 9/11."

He didn't have to...he just had his cronies like Rumsfield and Cheney mention Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda/9-11 so many times in the same sentence that, well, people believe the nonsense.

And so tell me exactly...if Saddam had no culpability in 9-11...why the hell are we in Iraq then?....a war on terror is what they have been selling us....
so how exactly was Saddam terrorizing America then?

Please get a clue people. Please.
I am more concerned about the people believing this crap we are being fed than I am the men shovelling the horseshiit.

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:45 AM
Find more posts by nikiTa Add nikiTa to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore nikiTa REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #52  quote:

quote:
Dekka00 said this in post #49 :

ok.

you should see some people though... they still think Saddam did have something to do with it

And so what? We were talking about the PRESIDENT, remember?

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:46 AM

esskay
Rookie

post #53  quote:

quote:
kevinbailey said this in post #45 :

Oops, I missed this statement. I'm just going to add to what Dekka just said. Polls have shown that alarming numbers of Bush supporters believe Saddam did have direct ties to the 9/11 attacks. Of course Bush did not SAY that straight out, but the way his speaches were structured, anyone with minimal capacity for rationalization and abstract situational analysis would easily have put one and one together and gotten two: Saddam had something to do with this!

I remember the speeches vividly and my heart sank as I heard them knowing full well that Bush would get the support he needed because of the way he phrased things. In one breath he described how our nation was trajigally stricking by evil, bad terrorists, and in the next he said Saddam was a purveryor of evil, bad terrorists. That was all he needed. No matter how much disclaiming and back-peddalling he and the media did in response to public reaction, the impression remained. And thus, people to this day believe the fallacy. Not every Bush supporter is as smart as you, Kevin!

The point is that this type of public speaking has led some people to believe that it intentionally misleading misinformation fed to the public. Sounds like "lying" if you tilt your head just right.

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:47 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #54  quote:

quote:
sowhatsthetruth said this in post #51 :
Oh but Dekka00, Saddam lived near those people... how could he NOT have been involved in 9-11??? lol

Oh and kevinbailey, you said: Pres. Bush NEVER -- not ONCE -- said that Saddam was in ANY WAY culpable for 9/11."

He didn't have to...he just had his cronies like Rumsfield and Cheney mention Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda/9-11 so many times in the same sentence that, well, people believe the nonsense.

And so tell me exactly...if Saddam had no culpability in 9-11...why the hell are we in Iraq then?....a war on terror is what they have been selling us....
so how exactly was Saddam terrorizing America then?

Please get a clue people. Please.
I am more concerned about the people believing this crap we are being fed than I am the men shovelling the horseshiit.

And THAT'S why YOU lost and WE won. Because you think people who don't agree with you that Pres. Bush is human vermin "don't have a clue." Have fun with that, buddy, but it's not a winning strategy.

As for why we're in Iraq, were you sleeping through the speech the President made about preemption? Or do you just hear whatever the heck you want to hear?

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:50 AM

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #55  quote:

I will be posting my rationale for the War in Iraq as a part of the Global War on Terror to the main board in a few seconds. I wrote it 5 months ago, but it's still aprapos today.

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:52 AM

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #56  quote:

I am not trying to "win" anything. I didn't look at the presidential election as a sporting match like many people do. Winners and losers and all that nonsense.
Of the two I would have preferred Bush, but thank God I had more choices to choose from.

The lesser of two evils....is still evil.

Wake up man. Think for yourself for a change.

Old Post 12-03-2004 04:59 AM
Find more posts by nikiTa Add nikiTa to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore nikiTa REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #57  quote:

A condom is a better pre-emptive strategy than the Iraqi war.
These two things (condom and the Iraqi war) may not seem to have anything to do with each other....

but neither does the Iraqi War and the war on terror have anything to do with each other.

Old Post 12-03-2004 05:02 AM

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #58  quote:

I ALWAYS think for myself. The facts are these:

Two candidates had a chance to win. Neither of them was named Badnarik, Peroutka, Cobb, or Nader.

A two-party system is healthy and good. You would prefer Canada or Australia's system, maybe?

Old Post 12-03-2004 05:04 AM

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #59  quote:

Hmmmmmm

maybe I would prefer the Aghanistan elections....they had 21 or so viable candidates.

What makes you think that a two party system is "American."

I would argue that we really have a one party system. Don't see a whole lot of difference between them....I call them the demopublican/republicrat party.

You can't see that there really was no choice, can you?

Old Post 12-03-2004 05:07 AM

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #60  quote:

You know what, man? Read my analysis that I just posted. Anyone who really believes that, with the hornet's nest we've stirred up by fighting the terrorists in Iraq, is just being willfully dishonest. Remind me who's chopping off heads? Remind me who's blowing up innocent people? You think those are some kind of FREEDOM FIGHTERS?!? And you have the GALL to tell people who believe like I do that we need to "get a clue"?!?

Old Post 12-03-2004 05:09 AM
Time: 06:14 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Politics & Government > 2004 U.S. Presidential Election > Our distinguished president...
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: