Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Politics & Government > ZIMBABWE: Million Man March (II)
Search this Thread:
Pages (5): « 12 [3] 45 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

Local time: 12:58 PM

post #61  quote:

I am not going boither answering wht Malcolm wrote earlier because White Tiger has provided a better answer than I could. I do have a question for Malcom though - What do you think the impact of Karma's election win in Botswana will be on Zimbabwe situation and Africa as a whole? Do you think he is a breath of fresh air or a danger to the continent?

Old Post 04-12-2008 04:36 PM
Click here to Send lodgebo01 a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo01 Add lodgebo01 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #62  quote:

quote:
lodgebo01 said this in post #47 :
You don't talk some bollocks at times you know that.

Firstly the UK won't take an invasion off the table because an invasion has never been ON the table. If you know different lets see the evidence show us facts where Gordon Brown or any COBRA member said that they were considering military action in Zimbabwe. Plus you show your ignorance of UK politcs we only have 1 PM and unlike the US they can serve as long as they want providing they win an epection every four years sothey don't serve an office term.

Secondlt you are right it makes no sense because it's not going to happen again Malcolm you have facts that an invasion has been planned.

A major newspaper writes article on " Invading Zimbabwe". How could you not know?

cut down on the scotch.

The Herald:

Reports that former Brtish prime minister Tony Blair contemplated INVADING Zimbabwe and that the THE PLAN IS STILL ON THE TABLE.

Why would Britain want to attack Zimbabwe, its FORMER COLONY?

What is wrong with the British? So by disposseessing a mere 4,000 white farmers who OWNED and CONTROLLED vast swathes of our LAND giving it back to the people is justification to in vade Zimbabwe?

Do Blair and Brown know who owns Zimbabwe? Who are the INDIGENOUS PEOPLE of zimbabwe? Are they of British blood?

Zimbabwe cannot be a present-day Australia where the INDIGENOUS ( Alborigines) land was taken by Brtish criminals. The same in New Zealand where the NATIVES ( Maoris) land was took by the same criminals.

Today, not many speak of these INJUSTICES. No one TODAY is helping OPPRESSED people, to REPOSSESS their land. ....

UK Planning to Invade Zimbabwe?
www.raceandhistory.com/selfnews/vie...41,15049,.shtml

Old Post 04-15-2008 11:24 PM
Click here to Send malcolm xx a Private Message Find more posts by malcolm xx Add malcolm xx to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore malcolm xx REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #63  quote:

[QUOTE]malcolm xx said this in post #62 :
[B]
Ok we are going to have to break this down because once again you are all over the shop on different parts of this story:

A major newspaper writes article on " Invading Zimbabwe". How could you not know?

I know the REAL story not your and Mugabes version of it.

The Herald: Well I wouldn't call the herald a major newspapaer wouldn't even call it a paper but I suppose when it suits your argument malcolm it a major paper when it doesn't it's a right wing racist rag .

Reports that former Brtish prime minister Tony Blair contemplated INVADING Zimbabwe and that the THE PLAN IS STILL ON THE TABLE.

See that's where it's wrong Lord Guthrie advised against invasion and therefopre the plan is off the table and it was only on the table because of the trouble that was being caused by Zimbabweans refugess crossing the border and
Mugabe war vets going after them.

In fact when Tony Blair went to south Africa in the last few weeks of his premiership he promised the South African government that the UK had no intention of military action in any part of Africa. I also ask again Malcolm where are we getting these troops for an invasion you have sidestepped that issue already.

Why would Britain want to attack Zimbabwe, its FORMER COLONY?

It's also a hole in the ground that is of no value to anybody anymore

What is wrong with the British? So by disposseessing a mere 4,000 white farmers who OWNED and CONTROLLED vast swathes of our LAND giving it back to the people is justification to in vade Zimbabwe?

Theres no invasion and like I said what happens to white Zimbabweans is not our concern.
Look at this way Malcom. Mugabes stock could not be any lower with the younger African leaders and the people of Zimbabwe if we wanted to invade would this not be the ideal moment under the pretence of say peacekepping but we havent have we because we don't want to inherit a s**thole even though when Mugabe dies which honestly I am hoping is real soon we and ther rest of the wetsern world will have to give millions to bail the country out, funny how the colony arguemnt won't come up then will it.

Do Blair and Brown know who owns Zimbabwe? Who are the INDIGENOUS PEOPLE of zimbabwe? Are they of British blood?

We all know who owns Zimbabwe Robert Mugabe he owns the police, the army the judicial system the media and the economy.

Zimbabwe cannot be a present-day Australia where the INDIGENOUS ( Alborigines) land was taken by Brtish criminals. The same in New Zealand where the NATIVES ( Maoris) land was took by the same criminals.

Actually do some homework relations with the Maoris has been historically good the aborignies history was abbhorent and inroads have been made to right those wrongs but it is classed as an Austarlian problem nowdays as both the Native aboriginies and the Autrlians try to live in harmony, there a lesson for Mugabe in that don't you think.

Today, not many speak of these INJUSTICES. No one TODAY is helping OPPRESSED people, to REPOSSESS their land. ....

These injutsices are being rectified all around the world you just don't want to see it happening.

See Malcolm you are so blinded by hate and so backing the wrong horse that all you see is some white farmers who lost some land newsflash about that WHO CARES ABOUT THEM I don't give a monkeys
I care about rigged elections,
I care about people starving to death,
I care about people being denied demoicratic process,
I care about 1 million " missing" people,
I care about the strain that 2 million refugess are causing S. Africa,
I care about 3000 deaths a day,
I care about the deaths being avoidable but medic aid is banned,
I care about people not seeing thier 35th birthday,
I care about mass child deaths,
I care about why a man would want to stop the media recording what happens in his country

Now I ask you why do you NOT CARE

Your just like Mugabe you are so desperate to get one over the white man and to hell with the consquences and that my friend is very very disturbing.

Old Post 04-16-2008 01:40 AM
Click here to Send lodgebo01 a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo01 Add lodgebo01 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #64  quote:

White Tiger you fool us. You told us not to comapre you wity lodgebo?

Old Post 04-21-2008 11:54 PM
Click here to Send malcolm xx a Private Message Find more posts by malcolm xx Add malcolm xx to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore malcolm xx REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #65  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #64 :
White Tiger you fool us. You told us not to comapre you wity lodgebo?

Two things:

1. I dont remember ever telling anyone not to compare me to Lodgebo

2. What exactly are you trying to say with this? That you do not agree with what I have said and are going to start accusing me of distorting facts?

Old Post 04-22-2008 08:08 AM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #66  quote:

Seems like the US is about to flex some diplomatic and no doubt economic muscle in Africa in the coming days. It appears that top US delegates in Africa will be pressurising Southern African countries ( mainly Angola) to refuse docking rights to a Chinese cargo ship full of weapons for Zimbabwe it also understood that they will encourage more African leaders to condem Mugabe, this is in realtion to S. Africas slight change on the situation and the new approach take by Karma in Botswana.

I really hope that those guns don't make it to Zimbabwe because we all can all pretty much guarntee that those guns will be turned on MDC supporters faster than you can say rigged election.

Old Post 04-22-2008 11:00 AM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #67  quote:

quote:
White Tiger said this in post #65 :

Two things:

1. I dont remember ever telling anyone not to compare me to Lodgebo

2. What exactly are you trying to say with this? That you do not agree with what I have said and are going to start accusing me of distorting facts?

Your opinions and statements are being questioned. Every topic I post you have a pattern of agreeing with propagandist such as Lodgebo.

This would't be a problem if all Brits had same position as you and Lodgebo but Hots gives a different opinion on posts than both of you. He is from England? Gets the same news(spin) from the BBC? Why are his opinions different? fairer? makes more sense?

He thinks for himself?

Old Post 05-10-2008 08:17 PM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #68  quote:

Malcolm you ever heard the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" thats sums you up perfectly you know that?

Old Post 05-11-2008 03:23 AM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #69  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #67 :

Your opinions and statements are being questioned. Every topic I post you have a pattern of agreeing with propagandist such as Lodgebo.

This would't be a problem if all Brits had same position as you and Lodgebo but Hots gives a different opinion on posts than both of you. He is from England? Gets the same news(spin) from the BBC? Why are his opinions different? fairer? makes more sense?

He thinks for himself?

So you have come to the conculusion that because Lodge and I have the same opinion regarding Robert Mugabe and the current state of Zimbabwe that I am not thinking for myself and coming up with my own opinions on the situations but am just echoing Lodge and his view.

This idea might be a bit hard to wrap your head around Malcolm but two people who live many miles away from each other and who have never met each other in person can share the same view without one being a puppet of the other.

Old Post 05-11-2008 07:40 PM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #70  quote:

quote:
White Tiger said this in post #69 :

So you have come to the conclusion that because Lodge and I have the same opinion regarding Robert Mugabe and the current state of Zimbabwe that I am not thinking for myself and coming up with my own opinions on the situations but am just echoing Lodge and his view.

This idea might be a bit hard to wrap your head around Malcolm but two people who live many miles away from each other and who have never met each other in person can share the same view without one being a puppet of the other.

Its hard to believe someone who consistently agrees with someone who has a reputation of distorting facts for the agenda.

No independent thinker who looks at the FACTS( 1% of Brits occupy 70% of Zimbabwe's arable land) of the Zimbabwe situation could have the opinion like you and lodgebo share, even if UK citizen. Why don't you share same opinion as Hots?

You know history of Zimbabwe/Britain relationship?

Old Post 05-11-2008 09:42 PM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #71  quote:

I think you mean H@ts and he or she was IMO a bit of a left wing radical when it comes to this sort of thing but in saying that we nevere heard his or her opinion on this so how can you say it would be differnt?

Also about these facts I distort you always say that but can never back it up which proves you are full of crap and a liar.

Also Malcolm lets analyse soemthing and this might be uncomfortable reading for you condemnation of mugabe comes from the EU political and continetal, America, Canada, Botswana, the UN, South Africa, Zambia now thats just open condemnation. Lokk at those people who used to rally behind Mugabe there word of support have vanished no open condmenation but in his hour of need the silence is deafening.

And the most important voice of all Malcolm is those in Zimbabwe the ones that have twice said the don't want Mugabe anymore thats the only real condemnation you need.

Thing is Malcolm your racist little mind is getting you all confused again you still see this as a white V black issue and it's not it's a black v black issue Mugabe and his boys are starving people to death and tortueing them or just good old fashioned cold blooded murder and you have never addressed this why is that?

Old Post 05-11-2008 10:24 PM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #72  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #70 :

Its hard to believe someone who consistently agrees with someone who has a reputation of distorting facts for the agenda.

No independent thinker who looks at the FACTS( 1% of Brits occupy 70% of Zimbabwe's arable land) of the Zimbabwe situation could have the opinion like you and lodgebo share, even if UK citizen. Why don't you share same opinion as Hots?

You know history of Zimbabwe/Britain relationship?

To first answer your question "Why dont you share the same opinion as H@ts?". I can answer this by asking you this question, why dont you share the same opinion as Lodgebo?

Your answer will probably be similar to mine and that is that I dont share the same opinion on such things as H@ts because I have looked at the situation and drawn my own conclusions that differ from his/hers.

I have looked at the state of Zimbabwe in the Mugabe years and have seen that the country has had the most drastic slide from sucess since Weimar Germany. I have seen that the Zimbabwean economy has gone from one that could rival the USA to one that is hardly worth the paper it is printed on. I have seen the agricultural system be destroyed by a man who is so anti-European that he is willing to ruin his own country to hurt decendants of European settlers.

Robert Mugabe has almost single-handedly driven Zimbabwe into financial, agricultural and political ruin. And what exactly has he done to drag his country out of this ruin? Does he admit his mistakes and try to fix them? Does he come up with plans to help restore Zimbabwe to its former glory?

No.

What Mugabe does is he blames everything and everyone but himself. He blames the fact that Zimbabwe used to be a British colony on the current states of Zimbabwe's economy and agriculture. He create phantom invasion forces and tells everyone that they are waiting just outside the borders ready to pounce the moment he is removed from office. He accuses his opposition of conspiring with foreign powers in a bid to sell Zimbabwe into slavery and, in the past, he has used the police and his own personal military to ruthlessly crush those who openly oppose him.

And yes Malcolm I do know the history of Zimbabwean and British relations.

Old Post 05-12-2008 12:41 PM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #73  quote:

quote:
White Tiger said this in post #72 :

And yes Malcolm I do know the history of Zimbabwean and British relations.

You are aware of history of Britain's invasion ( and occupation of Zimbabwe but cannot see or understand root cause of Zimbabwe conflict. This implies somone who is confused, brainwashed or who agrees with invading and occuping another country.

Agreing with propagandist makes your opinions meaningess

Old Post 05-13-2008 09:15 PM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #74  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #73 :

You are aware of history of Britain's invasion ( and occupation of Zimbabwe but cannot see or understand root cause of Zimbabwe conflict. This implies somone who is confused, brainwashed or who agrees with invading and occuping another country.

Agreing with propagandist makes your opinions meaningess

Well I sorry that my opinion on the subject doesn't get your aproval Malcolm (note sarcasm here). I wonder...should I ignore the blatent statement of hypocrisy from you last post?

I quote "Agreing with propagandist makes your opinions meaningess"

You, Malcolm, have fallen for Propaganda yourself. The Propaganda of Robert Mugabe andhis regieme. You refuse to accept even the basic facts of the situation and constantly recycle Mugabe's own accusation of foreign interferance and planned invasions.

Just because you dont like what I have to say does not mean that my opinion is meaningless. Saying that my opinion is meaningless only shows that you are not prepared to debate your own points of view because you cannot back them up with facts and that you are not prepared to listen to any view but you own.

Old Post 05-13-2008 10:25 PM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #75  quote:

Firstly I can't believe that I am taking time out from my Manchester adventure to address Malcolm but hey a mans got to eat ( even though the other 99,999 Rangers fans disagree with me) and the fact there is a laptop in close proximity means that I am.

The way I see it is as follows Malcolm is going through his swings and roundabouts phase of his ramblings after this it will all get a little confusing and we will not know what the hell he is talking about. I say we try and stop this in the best interests of this debate.

So hers the deal and lets see if Malcolm will step up. No newspaper articles, no quotes from others none of that lets allow Malcolm in his own words and his own views explain to us the situation in Zimbabwe what he feels has happend and how it happend and what he feels is going to happen and maybe a solution to the problem. The only rule is keep it factual so talk of attempted invasion and using Mugabes rhetoric is not allowed.

Now if Malcolm does that then I will do the same as I see th situation and I will play by the same rules and then White tiger can do it if he so wishes and anyone else is also welcome.

If we do it this way then everyone can get thier views out and we can see what each of us is worried about and maybe address these views in a more controlled manner.

has arrived at my table and I havent eaten since 6.00am.

Old Post 05-14-2008 02:06 PM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #76  quote:

quote:
White Tiger said this in post #74 :

Well I sorry that my opinion on the subject doesn't get your aproval Malcolm (note sarcasm here). I wonder...should I ignore the blatent statement of hypocrisy from you last post?

I quote "Agreing with propagandist makes your opinions meaningess"

You, Malcolm, have fallen for Propaganda yourself. The Propaganda of Robert Mugabe andhis regieme. You refuse to accept even the basic facts of the situation and constantly recycle Mugabe's own accusation of foreign interferance and planned invasions.

Just because you dont like what I have to say does not mean that my opinion is meaningless. Saying that my opinion is meaningless only shows that you are not prepared to debate your own points of view because you cannot back them up with facts and that you are not prepared to listen to any view but you own.

Why do you connect me with Mugagbe? I don't give a **** about Mugagbe. The Zimbabwe situation is about occupied land. Propagandist is making President Mugagbe the issue to distract us from the ( historical) root cause.

White Tiger your opinions are not effective because of what I think of them. I was trying to say THEY carry no weight because they seem to parrot your government and media ( BBC) interpretation of the issue , which is wrong because there opinions are based on politics and never on the facts.

People who are naive like Lodgebo have become victims of brainwashing and can only see situations like Zimbabwe from there government eyes. They become overly patriotic to there government ; lose their ability to dissent and make themselves expendable to whatever country their government say needs to be invaded.

Don't become victim of propaganda.

Old Post 05-16-2008 11:27 PM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #77  quote:

[QUOTE]lodgebo01 said this in post #75 :
[B]

So hers the deal and lets see if Malcolm will step up. No newspaper articles, no quotes from others none of that lets allow Malcolm in his own words and his own views explain to us the situation in Zimbabwe what he feels has happend and how it happend and what he feels is going to happen and maybe a solution to the problem. The only rule is keep it factual so talk of attempted invasion and using Mugabes rheto

Trying to change the rules for your benefit. We know explaning yourself is something you are skillled at doing.

We prefer to keep the rules the same to allow evidence to be given.

Old Post 05-16-2008 11:46 PM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #78  quote:

So in other words Malcolm you don't have a voice and you don't have an opinion thats actually sad I feel sorry for you if that how you really are.

Old Post 05-17-2008 12:09 AM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #79  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #76 :

Why do you connect me with Mugagbe? I don't give a **** about Mugagbe. The Zimbabwe situation is about occupied land. Propagandist is making President Mugagbe the issue to distract us from the ( historical) root cause.

White Tiger your opinions are not effective because of what I think of them. I was trying to say THEY carry no weight because they seem to parrot your government and media ( BBC) interpretation of the issue , which is wrong because there opinions are based on politics and never on the facts.

People who are naive like Lodgebo have become victims of brainwashing and can only see situations like Zimbabwe from there government eyes. They become overly patriotic to there government ; lose their ability to dissent and make themselves expendable to whatever country their government say needs to be invaded.

Don't become victim of propaganda.

I connect you, Malcolm, with Robert Mugabe because what you have said is almost exactly what he has said. He blame foreign governments for what he himself has done to his country, he creates phantom invasion forces and he says that Britian is trying to control Zimbabwe.

By your recogning your opinion carry no weight either as they appear to influenced heavilly by the propaganda of Mugabe and his regieme.

You claim to have reach your own conclusions on the subject without have been influenced by propaganda at all but if somebody dissagrees with you conclusions you accuse them of falling for propaganda and say that their conclusions or opinions are worthless or carry no weight.

Why do you find it so hard to accept that somebody can draw different conclusions than you or has a different opinion than you on the subject.

Dont throw around the accusation of "falling for propaganda". The simply fact of the matter is you dont like what I have said on the matter and are trying to discredit me by accusing me of being a victim of propaganda.

I would have a lot more respect for you Malcolm if you just came out and said "I dont agree with you and I think your wrong" rather than throwing wild accusations around.

Old Post 05-17-2008 08:46 AM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #80  quote:

Well I said it would happen and it has. the Zimbabwe refugees in S. Africa are being attacked women men and children are being betane, raped and murdered in the streets, apparently South Africans have had enough of refugess stealing rthier jobs and women and they are seen as a drain on the S African nation ( which they are) so it appears that not only has nugabe ruined Zimbabwe he has screwed up S Africa as well you can see why he is the pride of Old Africa can't you.

Old Post 05-19-2008 04:55 PM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #81  quote:

quote:
lodgebo01 said this in post #80 :
Well I said it would happen and it has. the Zimbabwe refugees in S. Africa are being attacked women men and children are being betane, raped and murdered in the streets, apparently South Africans have had enough of refugess stealing rthier jobs and women and they are seen as a drain on the S African nation ( which they are) so it appears that not only has nugabe ruined Zimbabwe he has screwed up S Africa as well you can see why he is the pride of Old Africa can't you.

White Tiger bfore you agree with Lodgebo ask :

How can he know this ? question his source? is it a anti-African source? Why is a cicillian from a nothern European country is so preoccupied with a "poor" country from southern Africa?

Does his opionion deal with the root iossue of land?

Old Post 05-23-2008 10:28 PM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #82  quote:

Dodgeing the issue again eh malcolm well just for you some news to mull over:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/05...a/19safrica.php

or

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080519...ica_violence_dc

or
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...nce-erupts.html

or even

http://africa.reuters.com/country/Z...nL15183774.html

Old Post 05-24-2008 12:15 AM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #83  quote:

here is some visula evidence for you

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture...1316544,00.html

Old Post 05-24-2008 12:17 AM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #84  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #81 :

How can he know this ?

I should ask you how you CANNOT know this, malcolm this is not a small back of the page report in some rag this is world news a big deal and you he who knows all about Africa doesn't know about this the fact the S African economy is in a state and there is rioting in major cities. It just proves what I thought you have selective vison when it comes to Africa .

question his source? is it a anti-African source?

Well it's from reporters in Africa quoting Africans good enough for you.

Why is a cicillian from a nothern European country is so preoccupied with a "poor" country from southern Africa?

Lots of reason Africa has suffered enough for one, History shows us that trouble in one country in Africa can spread to another and another and you get a domino affect thats the second reason, if it kicks off big style the UK and other countries will have to hand over another few billion to help the recovery thats the 3rd reason. Anyway why are you an American so obsessed with Africa? you have never been, don't know if you have ever given any money to help, you support African tyrants and lets not forget your obession with Scotland i.e. nukes and slavery. Is it a case of you can do it but I cant. Oh and how is S Africa a poor country? compared to others it's loaded.

Does his opionion deal with the root iossue of land?

Back to Zimbabwe again. Honestly Malcolm you are impossibly blind at times. Look you obviously can't or won't understand but heres a tip research Zimbabwe and just for once forgot about white farmers losing land pretend it never happend and read about the rest of the country under Mugabe read about the deaths, lack of medicine, hyper inflation, threats the rigged elctions, the sanctions etc etc etc and see what you think then because like I said a few posts ago which you ignored the world is past white farmers in Zimbabwe we are much more worried about other things that are going on and you need to get that into your head because your missing the point if you won't .

Old Post 05-24-2008 12:32 AM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #85  quote:

Ok Mugabe may have made another hole for himself. At a rally at the weekend he did 3 things threatend to kick out the US ambassador (his choice no big loss there), Called an American diplomat a prostitute ( weird rude but typical mugabe ramblings) and he promised land for all Zimbabwe refugees in South Africa ( problem).

See the people that are in South Africa are not in South Africa because most of them are in fear of thier lives from Mugabe's regime will these charges be dropped is they come back? secondly where exactly is he getting the land from? As I understand it there are very few or no more white farms to give away, secondly did he not learn his mistakes from before that these Zimbabweans cannot farm if thier lives depended on it and thirdly does he know the scale of the problem we are n ot talking about a few thousand people we are talking 2 - 3 million seriously how you going to get that kind of land?

Anyway I will see if I can get a link to the story and post it

Old Post 05-26-2008 06:18 PM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #86  quote:

White Tiger I remember you asking do I know of the SADC? Is this the organization?

'No Crisis'
www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_4621.shtml

We have listen to both parties, the opposition (MDC) and the government , and both have said there is no crisis.' (SADC spokesman)

Old Post 06-07-2008 07:12 PM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #87  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #86 :
White Tiger I remember you asking do I know of the SADC? Is this the organization?

'No Crisis'
www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_4621.shtml

We have listen to both parties, the opposition (MDC) and the government , and both have said there is no crisis.' (SADC spokesman)

Malcolm. I brought up the SADC for the purpose of the discution we were having a while back about whether or not the way Mugabe was treating the White Farmers in Zimbabwe was racially motivated. I said this:

He has even been accused by the Southern Africa Development Community Tribunal (which I will point out is made up of only African Nations representatives) of illegal racial discrimination and violations of human rights over his policies regarding the white farmers

If you are providing the SADC's stance as proof of your prefered version of event here will you conceed their position in the White Farmers situation?

I personally dont think that there was a crisis in Zimbabwe on the 22 of April when the SADC released the statement you provided but then, at the time, the election result was still being sorted and allegations of fixing results had to be followed up.

Since then however the situation has degenerated somewhat. Both sides are accusing the other of trying to fix the presidential elections by telling voters that they will only recieve food if they vote for the ZANU-PF or MDC. Mugabe has accused foreign countries of interfering (and blamed them for all Zimbabwes problems again) and began to put restrictions on them while Tsvangirai has accused Mugabe of bullying the voters, threatening them and using violence to force them to vote for him.

Whatever the situation there can be no denying that Zimbabwe is not a settled country at this moment and there is much upheaval there. Violence is a known factor, whether orchestrated by the parties or simply gangs acting on their own, and food shortages is also known, because Mugabe is afraid that foreign aid groups are trying to manipulate the voters and had brought in restrictions.

The situation in Zimbabwe will continue to descend into more chaos until a final result has been reached. Whether or not there was no crisis on the 22 of April can be debated but the longer this situation goes on the more likely it is that a crisis will not only develop but escalate.

If the reports coming out of Zimbabwe, from one side or the other, are to be believed then I wouldn't be suprised if there a Civil War doesn't break out in the future.

Old Post 06-07-2008 11:27 PM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #88  quote:

[QUOTE]White Tiger said this in post #87 :
[B]

Malcolm. I brought up the SADC for the purpose of the discution we were having a while back about whether or not the way Mugabe was treating the White Farmers in Zimbabwe was racially motivated. I said this:

He has even been accused by the Southern Africa Development Community Tribunal (which I will point out is made up of only African Nations representatives) of illegal racial discrimination and violations of human rights over his policies regarding the white farmers

That may have been a purpose but your for mentioning SADC was to show that African counties are also against Mugabe's policies and prove Lodgebo's claim that the world (including African countries) agrees with UK's occupation of Zimbabwe.

Old Post 06-12-2008 12:46 AM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #89  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #88 :

That may have been a purpose but your for mentioning SADC was to show that African counties are also against Mugabe's policies and prove Lodgebo's claim that the world (including African countries) agrees with UK's occupation of Zimbabwe. [/B]

No. I brought up the SADC for the sole reason of trying to prove to you that not every African country agreed with the way Mugabe was treating the White Farmers in Zimbabwe and thought that he was in the wrong for doing so.

If the UK was illegally occupying Zimbabwe I would be against it but I have yet to find any information beyond the usual Mugabe ranting about a British occupation of Zimbabwe post 1980.

Old Post 06-12-2008 11:02 AM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #90  quote:

Well you can't excatly hide an occupation because there would obviously be no point in having an occupation if people didn't know about it howevere it seems only Mugabe can see this occuaption if it does happen he must be able to proivde photo eveidence or something. Of course it is not happening it the typical Mugabe rant that he has had for years " I screwed up but I will blwm sombeody else" even most Zimbabweans are seeing through that arguement now.

Old Post 06-13-2008 12:39 PM
Time: 12:58 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (5): « 12 [3] 45 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Politics & Government > ZIMBABWE: Million Man March (II)
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: