Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Politics & Government > ZIMBABWE: Million Man March (II)
Search this Thread:
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 34 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

Local time: 07:49 AM

post #31  quote:

quote:
lodgebo01 said this in post #30 :
No what I am saying is the story talks about sanctions but we already knew that, it talks about the ruling party winning the election but we all know thats going to happen it talks about Gordon Brown pushing for democracy again we all ready knew taht because these things have been reported in mainstream media for months. In short it's old news that press TV is trying to make into todays news.

Think For Yourself

What link did you read? Your summary doesn't match the "Britain's Coup Plot" link given (post #26).

Anyone reading your summary (without reading the "UK coup plot" will become confuse to the main idea of "Coup" link.

It's hard to get to topic of post when you continue to spin facts into propaganda.

Corrections:
1) Story doesn't " talk about sanctions". ( At the end it says the UK and US gov have imposed sanctions on Zimbabwe gov officials. UK returning to its old imperial ways?)

2) Article doesn' say the ruling party is going to win upcoming elections. ( It only says Zimbabwe "would not tolerate any inteference of the coming elections and the RULING PARTY would accept ocome of elections , if opposition won.)

3) Gordon Brown "pushing for democracy " is another lodgebo legend.( Article states Gordan 'brownie' Brown sent a letter saying a " democratic change" is needed in Zimbabwe. Anyone who follows politics knows " democratic change is need" means a country is being warned of a COUP.)

4)burning with dollars / pounds is evidence of what? ( Lodgebo the Zimbabwe ambassordor use dollars/pounds to say if the threat of a coup is carried out, it will harm everyone in the country including the " people with U.S. dollars and British pounds in their pockets".)

Professional propagandist such as Lodgebo can be exposed if we just read (and think) for ourselves.

You cannot tell from appearences how things will go.
Winston Churchill

Old Post 03-08-2008 01:25 AM
Click here to Send malcolm xx a Private Message Find more posts by malcolm xx Add malcolm xx to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore malcolm xx REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #32  quote:

If you don't understand the way elections and laws work in Zimbabwe then how can you possibly debate the issue?

To respond to your corrections

1. not just the US and UK but practically all of the western world have sanctioned Zimbabwe and some African coountries have alos cut ties with Zimbabwe. Mujgabe has had a Europe and American travel ban impose on him meaning he can only enter America for UN meeting and the EU for the African summits, in obtaing a travel ban he joins a special group made up of other dictators, paedophiles and rapists, terrorists and general thugs. So when you see that all these countries are taking the same stance aginst this prick it kidnoif blows your imperalistic arguemnt out the water. It's kind of funny when you blame the UK for Zimbabwes isuues you sound like a mini Mugabe your parents will be so proud .

2. Maclolm are you thick or do you not know what is going on over there? Mugabes party will win by a landslide they always do even though the majority vote for the opposition.

3. Malcolm wether you like it or not Zimbabwe does need democratic change look at the mess this dictator has got the country in. Oh and there is no evidence of a coup again you are acting and speaking like a mini Mugabe

4. again you and this sorry excuse of a news source has no evidence of a coup.

Old Post 03-08-2008 02:35 AM
Click here to Send lodgebo01 a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo01 Add lodgebo01 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #33  quote:

Now can we see your research on Zimbabwe Malcolm?

Old Post 03-08-2008 02:35 AM
Click here to Send lodgebo01 a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo01 Add lodgebo01 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #34  quote:

[QUOTE]lodgebo01 said this in post #32 :
[B]If you don't understand the way elections and laws work in Zimbabwe then how can you possibly debate the issue?

I thought we were correcting your interpretation of "Britain coup" link? I see now you change the subject to Zimbabwe law.

Since you claim to be a scholar of Zimbabwe law. You should know these:

Constitutional Amendment 17 - it effectively nationalized all land

Gazetted Land (Consequential Provisions) Act - legally served White farmers with eviction notices ( called eminent domain in U.S.) It gave farmers 90 - day grace period to follow Zimbabwe law and to vacate the property.

Farmers who won't break Act are given a 2- year jail term or fined or both if found guilty.

Old Post 03-13-2008 12:24 AM
Click here to Send malcolm xx a Private Message Find more posts by malcolm xx Add malcolm xx to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore malcolm xx REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #35  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #34 :
Gazetted Land (Consequential Provisions) Act - legally served White farmers with eviction notices ( called eminent domain in U.S.) It gave farmers 90 - day grace period to follow Zimbabwe law and to vacate the property.

Isn't this racial discrimination? You know, a predjdiced act against a group of people based only of the colour of their skin?

Old Post 03-13-2008 12:41 AM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #36  quote:

quote:
White Tiger said this in post #35 :

Isn't this racial discrimination? You know, a predjdiced act against a group of people based only of the colour of their skin?

The law specifies " white farmers" becaue they have most ( 90%) of the most arable of Zimbabwes land. And Africa do not see race as you an lodgebo do. To Us its just a fact,

Old Post 03-14-2008 12:26 AM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #37  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #36 :

The law specifies " white farmers" becaue they have most ( 90%) of the most arable of Zimbabwes land. And Africa do not see race as you an lodgebo do. To Us its just a fact,

Just because "White Farmers" might have more land than black farmers in Zimbabwe doesn't mean that taking their land from them and evicting them isn't an act of racial discrimination. It is still simply is a act of discrimination against a group people just because of the colour of their skin.

I'm not sure I understand you next statement. Are you saying that Racism is a fact in Africa and to people of African decent? Cause unless you worded that statement wrong I dont see how you can be saying anything else.

Now if you were trying to say that racial discrimination against Whites in Africa doesn't exist then how do you explain Mugabe's seizing farms from White farmers to give to Blacks simply because he didn't want the white farmers to have farms.

He has even been accused by the Southern Africa Development Community Tribunal (which I will point out is made up of only African Nations representatives) of illegal racial discrimination and violations of human rights over his policies regarding the white farmers.

Old Post 03-14-2008 01:35 AM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #38  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #34 :
[QUOTE]lodgebo01 said this in post #32 :

I thought we were correcting your interpretation of "Britain coup" link? I see now you change the subject to Zimbabwe law.

No Malcolm what I am talking about is very releevnt to the case. You and that rag of a paper you quoted are claiming ( without evidence I might add) that the US and UK are funding the opposition in Zimbabwe now if that is true ( and it's probably not) then Mugabe could legally stop the opposition party fom operating and have those that took these supposed payment jailed for a long time. Thats why the law is relevent because it has implications for those that want Mugabe removed or even better dead.

Since you claim to be a scholar of Zimbabwe law. You should know these:

Constitutional Amendment 17 - it effectively nationalized all land

Farmers who won't break Act are given a 2- year jail term or fined or both if found guilty.

Yeah see I could answer but White Tiger has already done it better that I ever could.

Old Post 03-14-2008 12:27 PM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #39  quote:

Once again Malcolm your research on Zimbabwe where is it?

Old Post 03-14-2008 12:27 PM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #40  quote:

WHITE TIGER do you know any history of UK/Zimbabwe?

To understand the current hostility the UK/US have toward Zimbabwe, one must look at the U.S. instigated Ethiopiapian invasion of Somalia- an invasion wasn't condemn by the global African community.
This lack of widespread comdemnation has EMBOLDENED the UK and U.S. in their aggression toward President Mugagbe and current government ( ZANU-PF).

The US/UK took advantage of on the anti- Islamic feelings of many Africans to invade Somalia removing the Islamic based government.

Many Africans did not see the BIGGER ISSUE of an illegal U.S./Ethiopian invasion of Somalia.

The UK/U.S. now feel it has the green light to invade other African nations without facing much resistence.

Old Post 03-29-2008 12:36 AM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #41  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #40 :

Far be it from me to answer a question aimed at somebody else but I would reckon white Tiger know more than you because you have proved time and time again that what you know about the UK and Zimbabwe could be written on the back of half of a postal stamp. You calim to have all thia knowledge but never show us any of it your a fake a phoney an expert on Africa by litening to idiots on the topic.

To understand the current hostility the UK/US have toward Zimbabwe, one must look at the U.S. instigated Ethiopiapian invasion of Somalia- an invasion wasn't condemn by the global African community.

What in the name of god are you talking about how can a country openly harbouring some of the wordl most wanted terrorists be the same as a tyrant kiling his own people?. Your so dense on this issue you don't see it do you? why in the hell do you think that the African countries did not condemm the action? either they are all dumber than you or they didn't fancy the continent to become a Taliban stronghold.

This lack of widespread comdemnation has EMBOLDENED the UK and U.S. in their aggression toward President Mugagbe and current government ( ZANU-PF).

And what is thia aggresion you speak of? because sanctions against a man that is starving his people, letting them die at a huge rate, has inflation abouve the 1 million% mark and has rigged pretty much every election he has stood in seems pretty much a fair approach thats not aggresive if anthing it's a soft touch. So no real aggression.
Face it Malcom if by some miracle Mugabe messes up the rig job and the other parties get power we all know which countries will come to the aid of Zimbabwe and we all know that if we didn't you would complain about it.
You should see the other link the video of life in Zimbabwe it's sad what Mugabe did to Africas breadbasket or Africas jewel whatever you want to call it.

The US/UK took advantage of on the anti- Islamic feelings of many Africans to invade Somalia removing the Islamic based government.

That would be the governemnt that is still in power right?

Many Africans did not see the BIGGER ISSUE of an illegal U.S./Ethiopian invasion of Somalia.

Cos it's not a bigger invasion you have no eviodence to say otherwise.

The UK/U.S. now feel it has the green light to invade other African nations without facing much resistence.

Again you have no evidence to prove this what countrioes are you talking about? Zimbabwe - sorry my friend nobody is going to want that dump anymore it's ruined worthless now.

Old Post 03-29-2008 04:27 AM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #42  quote:

Slight edit inflation in Zimbabwe is 100,000% not 1 million

Old Post 03-29-2008 04:31 AM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #43  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #40 :

That's all well and good Malcolm, if its true, but none of what you said in your last post has anything to do with the issue we were discussing.

The issue we were discussing was the treatment of White farmers and landowner in Zimbabwe under Mugabe's regieme, something that has nothing to do with the UK or US but is an internal issue of Zimbabwe.

I did not once mention, or try to oppose the claims of, hostility of the US or UK toward Zimbabwe in my last post or invasions of other African Countries by the afore mentioned countries. I did not mention it or attempt to oppose such claims because it was not what we were discussing

I did however mention that the Southern Africa Development Community Tribunal, a group made up of only African nations representatives , accused Mugabe of illegal racial discrimination and violations of human rights over his policies regarding the white farmers and landowners.

You have ignored that post and tried to move onto a diffeent subject instead of trying to defend or justify Mugabe and Zimbabwe's policies in the issue we were discussing.

This means that you have either admitted defeat on this subject, but refuse to accept it, or you cannot justify Mugabe and his regieme even though you really want to.

Old Post 03-29-2008 08:39 AM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #44  quote:

quote:
White Tiger said this in post #43 :

That's all well and good Malcolm, if its true, but none of what you said in your last post has anything to do with the issue we were discussing.

The issue we were discussing was the treatment of White farmers and landowner in Zimbabwe under Mugabe's regieme, something that has nothing to do with the UK or US but is an internal issue of Zimbabwe.

I did not once mention, or try to oppose the claims of, hostility of the US or UK toward Zimbabwe in my last post or invasions of other African Countries by the afore mentioned countries. I did not mention it or attempt to oppose such claims because it was not what we were discussing

I did however mention that the Southern Africa Development Community Tribunal, a group made up of only African nations representatives , accused Mugabe of illegal racial discrimination and violations of human rights over his policies regarding the white farmers and landowners.

We are suppose to be discussing the million man march that happened in Zimbabwe in support of President Mugabe ( title of post), Lodgebo changed the subject for his agenda. He has been trained to SMEAR facts and create PROPAGANDA .

I know he is UK citizen but have you ever considered him of throwing off posts? I have accused him of doing this but I'm the one who gets the blame.

You mention the Southern African Development Community Tribunal, but did not give any history? How are they funded? How do Zimbabweans view this organization? Any ties to western countries ( UK/U.S.)? ... There are many "puppets" in Zimbabwe ( and Africa)?

Old Post 03-29-2008 07:38 PM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #45  quote:

Yeah the million man march was indeed in suppoprt of Mugabe but bringing in the humna rights abuses etc etc is the other side of the same story it is all releated all the carp you just posted has absolutly nowt to do with Mugabe or Zimbabwe for that matter.

And how have I been trained to smear facts and propoganda you want to elaborate on that?

Old Post 03-29-2008 07:48 PM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #46  quote:

quote:
lodgebo01 said this in post #42 :
Slight edit inflation in Zimbabwe is 100,000% not 1 million

President Mugagbe has been in power for decades, since Thatcher's was leading Great Britain.

WHY NOW the UK are so intent in removing him from power? Why so angry the UK will not take an Iraq-style invasion off of the table? Why now are UK prime ministers are promising to remove President Mugagbe before they leave office?

You say Zimbabwe has nothing to offer the UK . You mentioned all the promblems Zimbabwe have. It makes no sense.

Give us reason the UK NOW are willing to remove another country's president at any cost , even if it means invasion. We know African lives are EXPENDABLE, your gov will decide how important their citizens are.

Old Post 03-29-2008 08:18 PM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #47  quote:

You don't talk some bollocks at times you know that.

Firstly the UK won't take an invasion off the table because an invasion has never been ON the table. If you know different lets see the evidence show us facts where Gordon Brown or any COBRA member said that they were considering military action in Zimbabwe. Plus you show your ignorance of UK politcs we only have 1 PM and unlike the US they can serve as long as they want providing they win an epection every four years sothey don't serve an office term.

Secondlt you are right it makes no sense because it's not going to happen again Malcolm you have facts that an invasion has been planned.

Yeah african lives are expendable Mugabe has proved that 1 million times

Old Post 03-29-2008 08:34 PM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #48  quote:

quote:
lodgebo01 said this in post #47 :
You don't talk some bollocks at times you know that.

Firstly the UK won't take an invasion off the table because an invasion has never been ON the table. If you know different lets see the evidence show us facts where Gordon Brown or any COBRA member said that they were considering military action in Zimbabwe. Plus you show your ignorance of UK politcs we only have 1 PM and unlike the US they can serve as long as they want providing they win an epection every four years sothey don't serve an office term.

Secondlt you are right it makes no sense because it's not going to happen again Malcolm you have facts that an invasion has been planned.

Yeah african lives are expendable Mugabe has proved that 1 million times

Rembember you are a " civilian" now? Military plans are now classified info. Now you can understand the frustration of us who cannot get any information.

Old Post 04-02-2008 10:44 PM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #49  quote:

So you admit you are talking bollocks you admit that you know nothing and have no evidnece about any planned invasion.

Your right I am not in the service anymore Malcolm but I know what it would take for an invasion like that. firstly you need troops and we don't have enough we are busy in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Balkans, we have troops protecting British interests i.e Falklands and Gibralter, we have troops that are attached to the NATO RRU and of course we need a set number in the UK to protect us in case of an problems all these things also apply to heavy artillery, planes and of course being an island boats and subs ( for example there is always 1 nuclear capable submarine kept back at base but ready to go if needed).
So you see Malcolm we don't have the troop numbers to invade anywhere else do we the same with the money issue we are ghardly going to risk our economic stability on a zero sum invasion are we. Also the other thing all our equipment is designed and painted for desert warfare none of that is being changed back to the green and black and possible grey you would need for an invasion of Zimbabwe.

Plus should things go ok ( which they probably won't ) your hero Mugabe will be gone and we can all go back to being good friends with Zimbabwe.

Old Post 04-02-2008 11:01 PM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #50  quote:

quote:
lodgebo01 said this in post #49 :
So you admit you are talking bollocks you admit that you know nothing and have no evidnece about any planned invasion.

Your right I am not in the service anymore Malcolm but I know what it would take for an invasion like that. firstly you need troops and we don't have enough we are busy in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Balkans, we have troops protecting British interests i.e Falklands and Gibralter, we have troops that are attached to the NATO RRU and of course we need a set number in the UK to protect us in case of an problems all these things also apply to heavy artillery, planes and of course being an island boats and subs ( for example there is always 1 nuclear capable submarine kept back at base but ready to go if needed).
So you see Malcolm we don't have the troop numbers to invade anywhere else do we the same with the money issue we are ghardly going to risk our economic stability on a zero sum invasion are we. Also the other thing all our equipment is designed and painted for desert warfare none of that is being changed back to the green and black and possible grey you would need for an invasion of Zimbabwe.

Plus should things go ok ( which they probably won't ) your hero Mugabe will be gone and we can all go back to being good friends with Zimbabwe.

"Brownie" was elected because he promise to get out of Iraq. And you say they are still there?

Lodgebo I am not a expert on military logistics. So , I do not know how UK could invade Zimbabwe. But the UK has developed plans for invasion and will not take option of of table.

Zimbabwe was a colony of the UK. If they found away to invade then , they can develop a way now.

Old Post 04-02-2008 11:41 PM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #51  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #50 :

"Brownie" was elected because he promise to get out of Iraq. And you say they are still there?

Once again you show your lack of knowledge about anything. see Brownie who I assume is Gordon Brown was not elected he took over as Labour leader and he never made any promise of the sort. Your just making things up now Malcolm arent you.

Lodgebo I am not a expert on military logistics. So , I do not know how UK could invade Zimbabwe. But the UK has developed plans for invasion and will not take option of of table.

Proof Malcolm lets see it, either put up or shut up. In fact a year or so ago Tony Blair and Lord Guthrie had a meeting about what could be done against Zimbabwe which was of course was the sanctions and in that meeting Blair and Guthrie ruled out military action.

Zimbabwe was a colony of the UK. If they found away to invade then , they can develop a way now.

The arent going to invade Malcolm. I know where you re getting this story from and it's the same soirce that blames the UK for all of Mugabes failings.

Anyway Malcolm what is your reaction to the initial reports that Mugabes party is out and he may be next do you think thats a good or bad thing for Zimbabwe.

Old Post 04-03-2008 12:02 AM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #52  quote:

quote:
lodgebo01 said this in post #51 :

The arent going to invade Malcolm. I know where you re getting this story from and it's the same soirce that blames the UK for all of Mugabes failings.

Anyway Malcolm what is your reaction to the initial reports that Mugabes party is out and he may be next do you think thats a good or bad thing for Zimbabwe.

We do not trust cooperate control media. "Initial reports" could be another scam to brainwash us, like before Invasion of Iraq.

Old Post 04-04-2008 12:03 AM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #53  quote:

Think For Self

Why (now) does Britain want a new gov in Zimbabwe?

1) " Despite their pious claims, Britain and the others
are not angry because (Cde) Mugagbe is a corrupt dictator
They sponser corrupt dictators when it suits them.
They don't care about ordinary Zimbabweans
They were quite happy to herd
them into RESERVES when it suited them. What they care
about is the EXPROPRIATION OF WHITE FARMERS. ( This is
Lodgebo and White Tiger avoid question above?)

2) Complicit in provoking this confrontation, the mainstream,
White-owned MEDIA does not give the CIRCUMSTANCES
surrounding the confrontation. Instead they continue there
DEMONIZING CAMPAIGN against the President of Zimbabwe
that intensified when he RECLAIM land from the White
minority elite settlers and returned the land to Africans.

3) The UK and ALLIES have done all in their power to ensure
Zimbabwe's economy is ruined to create hardship on innocent
Zimbabwean's in hope to force a rebellion to OVERTHROW the
elected govin Zimbabwe.

4) Their aim is to have President Mugagbe's gov to COLLAPSE to
serve as a deterrent to other African nations that want to
RECLAIMED land that was seized during colonial rule.

Only guilt admitted accepts truth - Malcolm X

www.africaspeaks.com/articles/2007/1503.html

Old Post 04-04-2008 12:51 AM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #54  quote:

See theres that "we" word again, amazing in a few hours he has gone from an African American who thinks the world owes him to a Zimbabwean Mugabe supporter.

Ok so what is the West issue over Zimbabwe? Well firstly those two words - the West is important, you see people like Malcolm and the other brainwashed fools believe Mugabe when he says it's all down to the US and the UK trying to weaken Zimbabwe but it's not 2 countries far from it you have every EU and European country condeming Zimbabwe so thats 39 countries add the US, Canada and Japan thats 42 countries that have opnely condemeed the actions of Mugabe thats 47 leaders (if you count elections changes of governemnt etc etc) all these countries have applied unilateral and multilateral travel and movement bans on Mugabe.

Then you have people like Archbishop Desmon Tutu hardly a tool of the West and he has condemmed Mugabes actions, as have AMnesty international, Ocfam, the UN and the the Red cross. Then there was Nelson Manbdela and his thinly veiled attack on African tyrants no prizes for guessing who he meant if you listend to that speech and that was 8 years ago long before the west knew the full extent of Zimbabwes troubles.

See Malcolm I put this down because I ask you as a Mugabe supporter do you honestly belive that all these countries all these people and all these groups are wrong and that Mugabe is right? Or do you believe thay are all tools of the UK and US?

Old Post 04-04-2008 01:41 AM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #55  quote:

ooopps forgot to answer my own question

Right what does the West ( not the UK) want with a new governemnt in Zimbabwe.

Well you could say that they belive that 1 million people who have vansihed is enough, or that human rights abuses have gone on to long, or that freedom of speech being outlawed is wrong, or that getting a smack in the miouth for slamming your corrupt gvernment is wrong, or that keeping a man in power who has gone to the brink of war with Congo on 4 occasions is wrong.

Or it could be this fact and I am willing to bet that this is the fact that never entered your thick head - 4 years ago Zimbabweans voted for a new leader and that was denied to them, in the past few days Zimbabweans again overwhelmingly voted for a new leader they have got the new government but a big question mark hangs over the new president. Maybe just maybe thats what the West wants it wants Zimbabweans to get what they voted for.

Old Post 04-04-2008 01:50 AM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #56  quote:

Now the white farmers well I didn't want to bring it up but as you have ok I can tear this theory apart as well I guess.

Firstly what Mugabe did was actually against Zimbabwe law also the fact that he was a disputed leader brings into question wether he should have done it. However if he had changed the law and actually legally won an election he can do what the hell he wants. Also wether you like it or not those Whites were also Zimbabweans not Briths or European but Zimbabwean they were born there just like you are an American.

Anyway Malcolm you should look at what Mugabes actions resulted in. See Zimbabwe had always been called Africa's bread basket there was always an abundace of food for the people and who was it that was growing this food? it was the white farmers. Now then Mugabe booted them off and replaced them with black "farmers" and I use that term loosely because these numpties couln't grow thier nails never mind crops. You see there is a direct link between the white farmers losing thier farms and Zimbabweans starving to death and when they got hungry they complained and when they complained Mugabe banned free press and silenced a few of them ( 1 million to be exact) thats when he realised he cocked u and brought up the war vets to batter a few more into submission and blames us for his crappy leadership and thats when the world took notice and sanctioned him. See his masterplan was bollocks really.

Anyway Malcolm in your closed mind you don't get the land retaking so let me break it down and turn it into your favourite issue a black one.

Lets say that in the central belt of Scotland there is a 2nd generation black farmer his produce is great he makes a nice profit, he employs a few white Scots to help on the land etc etc. Then one day Scotland has an economic slowdown millions of Scots lose thier jobs and the Scottish governemnt decide that because Scotland is white dominated this black Scot must lose his farm to a white Scot even though the white guy cannot farm to save himself the whte guy ruins his farm ( this is after he raped the black guys wife and daughters) and the black guy has nowhere to go and is ruined - Is that fair on the black farmer yes or no?

Old Post 04-04-2008 02:04 AM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #57  quote:

Lodge are you through venting? can you answer A question for us?

Was Zimbabwe a colony of Britain?

Old Post 04-08-2008 10:28 PM

Staff
lodgebo01
Senior Moderator

post #58  quote:

God you really do know nothing about Zimbabwe do you? the only thing worse than a fool is a fool who thinks he's an expert.

To answer your question Malcolm No Zimbabwe was never a UK colony Rhodesia was but not Zimbabwe. As you will no doubt know as coloniel rule ended throughout Africa Ian Smith made a unilateral declaration of independence and althought the the UK declared this an act of rebellion they never made any attempt to retake the country, all of that happend in 1965 and 5 years later the country declared itself a republic although South Africa was the only country to recognise it. after the civil war in Zimbabwe under it's the Prime Minister C. Banana ( no really Banana lol) declared the new country Zimbabwe was born and declared it's independence in 1980.

Now that brief overview is important and it blows a hole in Mugabes idea that we are out to get him. See if we could legally invade in the 60's and take Rhodesia back and we never why would we want it now. Rhodesia was a rich and prosperous country in the 60's it was Africa's bread basket now it's a s**thole why would we want it now.

Also a funny little thing about Zimbabwe the countrys motto is - unity, freedom and work. Funny because the country has no unity the majority want the leader outn but we know he won't go. Freedom they have no freedom you are not allowed to be to loud in condemnation of Mugabe and when the war vets are brought out in the next few weeks the freedom to vote freely will be gone and work well thats a laugh he has ruined the country and very few people do work.

Old Post 04-09-2008 01:07 PM

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #59  quote:

Stay Focus

The problem in Zimbabwe is not President Mugabe, elections or the economy. This is what PROPAGANDIST and the COOPERATE media wants us to believe to keep us SEEING the situation for ourselves.

The conflict in Zimbabwe is over LAND. Brits and descendants of Britain make up 1% of Zimbabwe population but own more than 70% of the ARABLE (most fertile) LAND that the original British settlers took by force (140,000 Africans were killed).

Isn't this common sense? What country would let another control 70% of there best (or worst) part of there land?

Africa understands the Zimbabwean game being played by the UK ( and its allies) This is why President Mugabe is seen as a hero.

When the EU tried to stop President Mugabe from attending the " Lisbon cafe"(yearly summit between EU and African countries) , African leaders said to hell with the summit.

At the 10th anniversary of South African independence. President Mugabe received a "deafening applause." ( Economist)

Despite the poor economy the literacy level in Zimbabwe is the highest in Africa: 85%!

If you were President and another coutry took 70% of your most ARABLE LAND ( without restituiton) wjat would you do?

"The goat is always guilty when the leopard is the judge" - African proverb

"Do not accept any situation, question, argue and explore" - Confucius

Old Post 04-12-2008 02:24 AM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #60  quote:

Malcolm, in response to your question earlier about the SADC. The SADC is run, organised and funded by its 15 member (its founding members Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Zambia and its later members Namibia, South Africa, Mauritius, Democratic Republic of Congo, Madagascar and Seychelles). It has no links what so ever to the UN, UK, US or EU.

And actually people in Africa see Mugabe as a hero because he is one of the last freedom fighters alive in the whole of Africa. He is associated in the struggle of the African people of any country against their colonial overlords and is thus revered for that.

As a leader of a country he has proved himself to be less than adequet. All you need to do is look at the state of Zimbabwe to know this. The worst economy in the world, one of the worst health systems in the world and one of the worst agricultural systems in Africa in a country that is one of that continents most fertile.

What is more is that Mugabe and his regieme have been accused of racism, attempted genocide, violation of many Human rights and dictatorship by many different countries, not only the UK, US and EU.

What I find rather laughable is that Mugabe has knowingly and willingly destroyed the economy. Zimbabwe main form of currency earning things are mineral exports, agriculture and tourism. Mineral Exports dont occur that often as Mugabe and his Regieme have few friends outside Zimbabwe and Southern Africa. Tourism doesn't happen because Mugabe doesn't like people coming into Zimbabwe. And agriculture was messed up by his removal of well trained and expeiranced farmers who knew how to make the most out of their land and replacing them with people who have no idea how to do so.

Again whether or not these White Farmer that he removed were descended from British settlers doens't really matter. They were born and raised and lived and worked in Zimbabwe, they were Zimbabweans with just as much right to own land and farms as anyone else. Why did they still have these farms so long after Britain pulled out? Well simply because they were good at farming and had made a profit out of those farms that they had.

The whole removal of white farmer and installation of black farmers was actually a last ditch attempt to made the black majority of Zimbabwe's population support Mugabe and his reigeme in the elcetions a few years ago when the majority of them were starting to support the opposition. It worked.

This time Mugabe has attempted to bring in a law that will remove any and all white business owners and install black ones in their place in an attempt to gain the majority of public support...it hasn't worked as well and the elections were very close.

Since Mugabe and his government have refused to reveal the exact results of the election and are calling for another one it can, and probably will be, assumed that the election was not in Mugabe's favor. Add to this the seeming installation of martial law by the Zimbabwean police you can expect even more criticism and accusations to be leveled at Mugabe and his regieme in the next few weeks.

Old Post 04-12-2008 11:32 AM
Time: 07:49 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 34 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Politics & Government > ZIMBABWE: Million Man March (II)
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: