Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > J.R.R. Tolkien > Who is the bravest elf?
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

Local time: 11:15 AM

Who is the bravest elf? post #1  quote:

Out of the whole race that Tolkien created a few elves stand out above the rest. Glorfindel, Beleg Cuthalion, Gwindor of Nargothrond, Mablung, Ecthelion, Finrod Felagnd and of Course Fingolfin to name a few.

In my opinion the most bravest of all were Finrod and Fingolfin but what is your oppinion on this?

Old Post 05-02-2004 04:06 PM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 03:15 AM

post #2  quote:

Feanor was brave but also arrogant and a bit psycho over the silmarils.

Out of the elves listed, I would say Fingolfin. His fight with Morgoth was very heroic.

Old Post 05-02-2004 06:56 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Heatherhobbit
INReview Maven

Local time: 06:15 AM

post #3  quote:

Luthien--She gave up everything for love...that's pretty darn brave...And I agree with Sherry about Feanor and his "precious" Silmirils. A bit psycho!

Old Post 05-02-2004 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Heatherhobbit a Private Message Find more posts by Heatherhobbit Add Heatherhobbit to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Heatherhobbit REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Shadow Stalker
ME

Local time: 05:15 AM

post #4  quote:

I'd have to say Fingoflin. Dueling with Morgoth is not something many would consider.

Old Post 05-02-2004 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Shadow Stalker a Private Message Visit Shadow Stalker's homepage! Find more posts by Shadow Stalker Add Shadow Stalker to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Shadow Stalker Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 03:15 AM

post #5  quote:

Good choice Heather. Luthien did risk so much for love. She is one of my favorite characters. She was just as brave as the guys.

Old Post 05-02-2004 07:26 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

Local time: 11:15 AM

post #6  quote:

A few facts about brave elves that I know of.

Feanor while brave is referred to as being very proud and stubborn.

The bravest deed by any Elf is Fingolfins battle with Morgoth.

Beleg Cuthalion was very brave but over a period of time and not one deed that he did stands out above the rest.

Ecthelion obviously killed Gothmog.

Glorfindel killed a Balrog.

Mablung was like Beleg, very brave over a long period of time.

Gwindor of Nargothrond rode to the very gates of Thangorodrim and made Morgoth tremble on his throne as he and the other riders that came with him advanced. He then travelled with Turin to Nargothrond.

Finrod Felagund, with Fingolfin, led the Noldorian elves over Helcaraxe. It was he that came before Thingol and asked to dwell in the lands of Beleriand (which in it's self was brave because Thingol had learned of the kinslaying of the Alqualonde). He travelled alone from Nargothrond to Belegost and Nogrod. He found the Men and untimatly gave his for Beren son of Barahir when he slew a warewolf with bare hands. He also stood alone against Sauron.

Luthien Tinuviel travelled to the very throne of Morgoth with Beren and stole a Silamril from his crown.

There you go some facts I know.

Old Post 05-02-2004 09:37 PM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

MistyRainWater6
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 06:15 AM

post #7  quote:

Thanks for the facts Tiger

Since I havent read much about them, I have read about Glorfindel, he was pretty gosh darn brave, killing a balrog Also he's one of my favorite characters

Old Post 05-03-2004 01:14 AM
Click here to Send MistyRainWater6 a Private Message Find more posts by MistyRainWater6 Add MistyRainWater6 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MistyRainWater6 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 11:15 AM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > J.R.R. Tolkien > Who is the bravest elf?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: