Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Jokes & Other Humor > Riddles
Search this Thread:
Pages (4): « 12 [3] 4 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
chodder
INRH4xx0r^

Local time: 06:56 AM

post #61  quote:

There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

Old Post 03-08-2004 02:42 AM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

Local time: 01:56 PM

post #62  quote:

quote:
Advance said this in post #45 :
A man is found in a field, with no clothes on, dead, and with a piece of straw clutched in his hand. How did he die?

He was kidnapped by aliens?

quote:
Advance said this in post #46 :
Really Good One

A man and his wife were watching a movie at a theatre. The man kills his wife, and leaves the theatre without anyone noticing his wife is dead. How did the man do it?

They were watching a scary movie?

Old Post 03-08-2004 07:14 AM
Click here to Send Nion a Private Message Find more posts by Nion Add Nion to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Nion REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Advance
In the Now Guru

post #63  quote:

No

and not important, ill say... no.

Old Post 03-08-2004 11:03 AM
Click here to Send Advance a Private Message Visit Advance's homepage! Find more posts by Advance Add Advance to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Advance REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Advance
In the Now Guru

post #64  quote:

quote:
chodder said this in post #61 :
There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

So we know the last letter must be an a or an i

So then we have to possibilities so far

the A Theory and the I Theory

Right now I am working on the A Theory

Let the Numbers be Variables

A Theory

9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 A

2- COULD be H (ha) L (la) P (pa)

So 1=a
And 2= H/L/P

(Ha, La, Pa)

3- COULD be A (aha)

Given: It must be a vowel. (A E I O U)
THIS SEEMS RIGHT, I AM NOT SURE.

eha is not a word, it is an acronym.
iha is not a word, it is an acronym.
oha is not a word, it is an acronym.
uha is not a word, it is an acronym.

Decided: 2 DOESNT NOT equal H

Ugh This could take a while.

Old Post 03-08-2004 11:45 AM
Click here to Send Advance a Private Message Visit Advance's homepage! Find more posts by Advance Add Advance to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Advance REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #65  quote:

ok are we removing from the beginning or end of the word?

so far I've got

A THEORY
a
an
and

I THEORY
i
in or it

I haven't gone any further...

Old Post 03-08-2004 03:55 PM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #66  quote:

I went and looked up the answer.... they remove letters from the beginning, middle, and end of the word... holy smokes!

Old Post 03-08-2004 04:00 PM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #67  quote:

Startling
Starting
Staring
String
Sting
Sing
Sin
In
I

Old Post 03-08-2004 08:10 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #68  quote:

You cheated! It's cool. It was a hard one.

Old Post 03-08-2004 08:20 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #69  quote:

What do these 3 have in common?
Superman
Moses
The Cabbage Patch Kids

Old Post 03-08-2004 08:23 PM

Advance
In the Now Guru

post #70  quote:

ANSWER MY RIDDLES!!

All of those have a S and E

Old Post 03-08-2004 08:42 PM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #71  quote:

quote:
Advance said this in post #44 :
A man walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a glass of water. The bartender then promptly pulls out a shotgun, points it in the man's face, and tells him to get the **** out of the bar. The man then says "Thank you" and turns around and leaves. Why did the man say thanks?

this one has already been answered in this thread

Old Post 03-08-2004 08:43 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #72  quote:

quote:
chodder said this in post #69 :
What do these 3 have in common?
Superman
Moses
The Cabbage Patch Kids

Advance: The answer is that they were all adopted

quote:
Dekka00 said this in post #71 :

this one has already been answered in this thread

Yeah, by me

Old Post 03-08-2004 08:48 PM

Advance
In the Now Guru

post #73  quote:

FINE! How about the other ones :/

Old Post 03-08-2004 09:21 PM

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

post #74  quote:

quote:
Advance said this in post #46 :
Really Good One

A man and his wife were watching a movie at a theatre. The man kills his wife, and leaves the theatre without anyone noticing his wife is dead. How did the man do it?

1.He killed her in the bathroom
2.She cocked on a popcorn.
3.They were in the movie
4.They were in the play.

Oh,The one in the corn field.He died naked,right?
He cuted himself in the corn plants and bleed-ed to death,right?

Old Post 03-08-2004 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Nion a Private Message Find more posts by Nion Add Nion to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Nion REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Advance
In the Now Guru

post #75  quote:

1. No, they did not leave the theatre except when he left at the end.
2. No, they did not buy anything except the ticket
3 & 4. No, they were watching the movie, they were not in it.

You guys are thinking to modern (<-- BIG HINT)

Old Post 03-08-2004 10:01 PM

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

post #76  quote:

He shot her from the balcany?
And about the cornfield?

Old Post 03-08-2004 10:08 PM

Advance
In the Now Guru

post #77  quote:

After one more guess I will tell the answer to the omvie theatre riddle. After about 3 more guesses on the corn feild one, I will give some hints ;p

I AM THE RIDDLER!

Old Post 03-08-2004 10:16 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #78  quote:

He shoves her face in the popcorn suffocating her...

Old Post 03-09-2004 12:38 AM

Advance
In the Now Guru

post #79  quote:

Again, it is not how she died, it is how he did it/escaped with out anyone noticing. We would come up with 100's of ways to kill someone in a moive theatre (lets not), butthat is not the riddle.

Old Post 03-09-2004 01:01 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #80  quote:

He pulled the fire alarm?

Old Post 03-09-2004 01:12 AM

twisted_wizard
Mastermind

Local time: 05:56 AM

post #81  quote:

he killed her with his overly powerful colonge?!?!?! wa?

Old Post 03-09-2004 01:15 AM
Click here to Send twisted_wizard a Private Message Find more posts by twisted_wizard Add twisted_wizard to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore twisted_wizard REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Advance
In the Now Guru

post #82  quote:

They were in a drive in theater? He just drove away from the theater after he killed his wife, and no one could see that the wife was dead in the car.

NEXT? MUHAHA

Old Post 03-09-2004 01:29 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #83  quote:

I am the ruler of shovels
I have a double
I am as thin as a knife
I have a wife
What am I?

No cheating!

Old Post 03-09-2004 01:48 AM

Advance
In the Now Guru

post #84  quote:

How would you cheat? I will try to figure this out, ask me questions on the other ones!

Old Post 03-09-2004 01:50 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #85  quote:

You can cheat by looking up the answer

The man was tricked into walking into a field naked by somone?

Old Post 03-09-2004 01:56 AM

twisted_wizard
Mastermind

post #86  quote:

you? a worm? a leaf?

Old Post 03-09-2004 02:09 AM
Click here to Send twisted_wizard a Private Message Find more posts by twisted_wizard Add twisted_wizard to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore twisted_wizard REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Advance
In the Now Guru

post #87  quote:

First Part: He was on a hot air ballon with freinds.

Chodder, your's is hard!

Old Post 03-09-2004 02:15 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #88  quote:

wizard: you answers are not correct. sorry

His friends dared him to jump out of the balloon naked?

Old Post 03-09-2004 02:19 AM

twisted_wizard
Mastermind

post #89  quote:

I don't even know the riddle to the naked balloon thing.

Old Post 03-09-2004 02:20 AM

Advance
In the Now Guru

post #90  quote:

Hint 2: The baloon was running out of fuel, and it was sinking with the weight.

Old Post 03-09-2004 02:24 AM
Time: 11:56 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (4): « 12 [3] 4 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Jokes & Other Humor > Riddles
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: