Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Hot Topics > Agree2Disagree > Euthanasia/Right to Die > Michael may not have good intentions.
Search this Thread:
Pages (11): « First « 34 [5] 67 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 03:50 PM

post #61  quote:

quote:
Heavens11 said this in post #65 :

Could you expound?

It's called having faith.... and the rest of my post. I thought that it was clear.

Having faith that the man is telling the truth. Isn't that what we do in the courts, etc... ?

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:20 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #62  quote:

quote:
schmiggens said this in post #68 :

You can say that, but the reality is until you actually go through a situation like this, you can't know what you would do in their shoes.

Sherry, if Ron was like this, and you saw him smile, you would probably hold onto that small glimmer of hope and try and keep him alive.
KJ, I would think you would do the same for your partner.

Granted 15 years is a long time to hold on based only on a smile, but it's certainly not unreasonable behaviour in a situation like this.

It wasn't my partner... but, it's called doing what you have to do, to give someone their wishes. My mum has made her wishes VERY clear. I will uphold them, no matter what. My father had made his clear, and we followed them, to the "T" It's called honouring what another person has asked you for. Nothing more... nothing less.

And I will do as my partner has asked... no matter how much it could hurt. Because, it's my word, to her, as she has given me hers....

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:22 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 07:50 AM

post #63  quote:

What Sherry, Mystic and KJ seem to be saying is that it's alright for him to have renegged on his wedding vows because she's in PVS, but we should applaud him for not renegging on his promise to not let her life supported by tubes?

Why in your minds is that second promise greater than the first one? Why doesn't it matter that he keeps his wedding vow, it matters more that he keeps this other promise? His wedding vows were done publicly, supposedly in covenant with God and the second promise was just a conversation between two people.

His wedding vows end because his wife is PVS, but his obligation to her not living by tubes has to endure? He should be allowed to move on and remarry but not move on and walk away from his ex-wife?

You can't really have one without the other IMO.

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:23 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #64  quote:

She is DEAD!!! She is NEVER, EVER coming back. She has NO BRAIN!!!! Why can't you understand that???

I guess that it's okay to break laws in life, as long as they "fit" your life... but as soon as it's something that you have issue with, then whoa...

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:24 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 05:50 PM

post #65  quote:

quote:
fuscia said this in post #61 :
For the record, Terri told her best friend and two other relatives her wishes.

Forget it Fuscia...I tried telling them this..

It fell on deaf ears.

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:27 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #66  quote:

I think Terri would want her husband to move on with his life and be happy. All things being equal, 'death' parted them all those years back.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:28 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #67  quote:

quote:
mystic said this in post #75 :

It fell on deaf ears.

I've noticed!

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:28 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #68  quote:

Emma, his wife died LONG ago. That part that made her Terri is gone. That is not a difficult concept to grasp. The part of her brain that is conscious and contains her personality was liquified. She is unable to ever be a partner to him. She is unable to ever be ANYTHING to anyone again in any capacity close to what she was. So, he is married to her still to protect her. Yes protect her and see that her wishes reguarding her life are carried out. It takes an act of love to put up with all the name calling and B.S. that has been dished out his way.

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:29 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #69  quote:

quote:

It fell on deaf ears.

I accept that, and if it was her wishes, then I support the fact that she should have the tube removed.

I just want to know why you think that promise that he made Terri is more valid than his wedding vows.

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:30 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #70  quote:

quote:
Heavens11 said this in post #66 :

We know he's having an affair with another woman and has a child with that woman. Irregardless of the hardships he's endured with Terri, where is it written that it's alright to have this affair and child while still married and maintain your integrity?

Sorry Heavens...

Thats a very weak argument.

The man lost his wife 15 years ago.

Had her parents honored her wishes (and they said they never would)..he wouldnt have to have people like you judging him in this way.

To say that he has no integrity because he is still married and went on to love another woman?

His wife is GONE!

I dont think anyone has the right to judge him...like some have already stated...

"Until youve walked in his shoes..."

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:30 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #71  quote:

quote:
mystic said this in post #75 :

It fell on deaf ears.

This whole thing is just a case of the parents having a sensational story that people want to believe. Michael has rarely given interviews. It is all sad.

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:32 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #72  quote:

quote:
HECK said this in post #76 :
I think Terri would want her husband to move on with his life and be happy. All things being equal, 'death' parted them all those years back.

-HECK!

That reminds me of something....

Before I went into the hospital last month, for my spinal surgery, I wrote a book, of my thoughts, wishes, dreams, etc... to my partner. And one thing in there was about if something happened to me, for ANY reason, that I didn't want her to not ever find love, happiness, and a life, with someone else. Now, we've not been together but 6 months.... these are things that people, who are together, and in a loving relationship, talk about. You want that person to move on... and not have to live their life alone, sad, empty.

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:32 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #73  quote:

I think we're talking semantics here people.

You can talk spirituality, medical evidence, etc., what it looks like this debate is boiling down to is perception of the facts at hand.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:33 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #74  quote:

quote:
fuscia said this in post #78 :
Emma, his wife died LONG ago. That part that made her Terri is gone. That is not a difficult concept to grasp. The part of her brain that is conscious and contains her personality was liquified. She is unable to ever be a partner to him. She is unable to ever be ANYTHING to anyone again in any capacity close to what she was. So, he is married to her still to protect her. Yes protect her and see that her wishes reguarding her life are carried out. It takes an act of love to put up with all the name calling and B.S. that has been dished out his way.

If Terri is dead enough that she doesn't care that her husband is cheating on her and having babies with another woman, then she is dead enough not to know whether she has the tubes in her.

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:34 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #75  quote:

quote:
schmiggens said this in post #68 :

You can say that, but the reality is until you actually go through a situation like this, you can't know what you would do in their shoes.

Arent you doing the same? The difference is that we believe him based on testimony of people she knew...as opposed to you saying that he is a scum for moving on.

Sherry, if Ron was like this, and you saw him smile, you would probably hold onto that small glimmer of hope and try and keep him alive.
KJ, I would think you would do the same for your partner.

Granted 15 years is a long time to hold on based only on a smile, but it's certainly not unreasonable behaviour in a situation like this.

SHE ISNT SMILING! Its a reflective action. Reflexes like this happens in PVS!

Old Post 03-23-2005 06:34 AM
Time: 11:50 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (11): « First « 34 [5] 67 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Hot Topics > Agree2Disagree > Euthanasia/Right to Die > Michael may not have good intentions.
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: