Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Sports & Recreation > International Soccer > Champions League
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 05:50 AM

post #31  quote:

quote:
If he'd have been gracious I probably wouldve soiled my sofa

You do that and no more soccer for you!

Old Post 05-04-2005 04:59 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

Local time: 01:50 PM

post #32  quote:

regIntresting how Mourniho did not mention the fact that Cech should have been dismissed only seconds before the goal, or how he convenintly forget about the perfectly good Liverpool goal that was chopped off on Jan 1 or the lucky goal that Chelsea got to win the Carling cup.

Anyway I think it is going to be Milan's trophy this year I cant see Liverpool beating them.

Old Post 05-04-2005 11:08 AM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #33  quote:

I dont think the ball was over the line, but I do think Cech fouled Baros a second before that, so it worked out.

Im pulling for PSV (DaMarcus Beasley you know), but Im not getting my hopes up

Old Post 05-04-2005 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Mr. F a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. F Add Mr. F to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Mr. F REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #34  quote:

There was a report about PSV on the TV this eveining and Beasley was mentioned, he is meant to be going to the premiership in the summer with Man U, Chelsea and I think Everton having checked him out recently, mind you we are getting to the stage in the season where everybody is signing everybody so we would have to see if that transfer comes to anything. the report I saw on PSV said that they could lose up to 4 top players in the summer ALex and the kepper Gomez are expected to end up at Chelsea, Van Bommel is going to Barcelona and Beasley to a premiership club. There is also speculation about the manager who I think has wroked wonders for them.

Old Post 05-04-2005 06:39 PM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #35  quote:

I heard about the other players, but not Beasley. He is out 3-6 weeks with a knee injury, so any transfers may be on hold pending a fitness test.

I sure hope he doesnt go to Chelsea, with an American on the team I couldnt let my hatred flow freely for ''the enemy of football''

Old Post 05-04-2005 07:01 PM
Click here to Send Mr. F a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. F Add Mr. F to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Mr. F REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #36  quote:

ESPN isnt airing the game! CRAP!

wWOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO 1-0 Eindhoven!

Do I dare get my hopes up?

Old Post 05-04-2005 07:41 PM

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #37  quote:

Im ''reading '' the game on FIFA's site. Sounds like Farfan is having a good game, if he was having as easy a time with Maldini as the commentator tells it

Old Post 05-04-2005 08:43 PM

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #38  quote:

2-0!

Man ,I wish I could see this game! It sounds like PSV's offense is firing on all cylinders and getting the job done against the best defense in the world (in my opinion)

Old Post 05-04-2005 08:51 PM

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #39  quote:

3-1 PSV

Milan advance to the final, but it sure looks like PSV made it an exciting game.

I cant wait to see the highlights

Old Post 05-04-2005 09:24 PM

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #40  quote:

Wait till you see PSVs third goal, what a finish.

Old Post 05-05-2005 09:44 AM

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #41  quote:

Yep, I think the third one was even better than Ronoldino's a while back

Old Post 05-05-2005 08:41 PM

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #42  quote:

What a Champions league final, What a comeback for Liverpool, you will be hard pressed to see a final like that again.

Old Post 05-26-2005 01:07 PM

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #43  quote:

It was fun to watch. In my humble opinion Benitez is the most underrated manager in the EPL

Old Post 05-26-2005 08:34 PM

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #44  quote:

Champions league draw 2005/06

Group A
Bayern Munich
Brugge
Rapid Vienna
Juventus

Group B
Araenal
Ajax
Sparta Prague
Thun

Group C
Barcelona
Panathinaikos
Werder Bremen
Udinese

Group D
Manchester United
Villareal
Lille
Benfica

Group E
AC Milan
PSV
Schalke 04
Fenerbache

Group F
Real Madrid
Lyon
Olympiakos
Rosenborg

Group G
Liverpool
Chelsea
Real Betis
Anderlecht

Group H
Inter Milan
Porto
Rangers
Artemedia Bratsilava

Old Post 08-26-2005 01:22 PM

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #45  quote:

There are certainly a few tough groups this time I reckon A and C will be difficult but group G is the groups of death as all 4 have the talent to get through.

spaeking as a Rangers fan we have a chance to qaulify this time, Porto are not the team they were but will still be difficult, Bratislave did indeed hammer Celtic 5 - 0 but I am sure that Rangers wont slip up, the Inter game (A) will be strange as it will be behind closed doors so inter kind of lose that home advantage. rangers do need to get at least 6 - 7 points at home and that is doable as we are a tough team to beat at Ibrox.

I fancy Barca to win the tournament this season everyone says Chelsea but I think that this time around Barca are that little but smarter they have got in some good players and Rijkarrd seems to be a lot happier with his system this year as opposed to last year when he was looking for a midfielder, defender and had lost Larrsson and Edmilson to injury but everyone is fit and the new signings look good.

Old Post 08-26-2005 03:45 PM
Time: 01:50 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Sports & Recreation > International Soccer > Champions League
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: