Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Pages (16): « First « 1213 [14] 1516 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 03:16 AM

post #391  quote:

Bones comes out November 14th.

You could try FireFly. It really is very very good.

I watched the episode... umm... what happened... oh, Buffy found Angel come back and they thought Oz was killing those people... had the classic part where Oz is talking about how he's upset so he has to storm off, it's something a guy has to do... good one...

Old Post 08-23-2006 03:31 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

Local time: 01:16 PM

post #392  quote:

Thank you for the info.
Oz is too cool. Wish they had kept him longer.
O.k. you guys talked me into it. I will get Firefly.

Old Post 08-23-2006 03:40 AM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #393  quote:

Good good

Oh, and try Prison Break, it's awesome too. If you got into 24, you'll like this show, I reckon.

Old Post 08-23-2006 03:42 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #394  quote:

Whatever I get I will tell ya all about it.

Old Post 08-23-2006 03:44 AM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #395  quote:

Last night I watched the episode where that boyfriend of Buffy's breaks up with her, they introduce the Mayor, these German dudes are watching Buffy, and Cordelia campaigns for homecoming queen. Really a dull time in the Buffyverse, to be honest.

Old Post 08-24-2006 06:10 AM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #396  quote:

I just watched a couple of episodes of Season 7 that I liked. The whole potential slayer thing I was not crazy about or the Kennedy/Willow relationship , etc..... I did however like the part about Spike killing Principal Wood's mother who was a slayer. I thought those episodes were pretty good. Next to the last disc.
Did you like the one where Andrew was video taping everything?

Old Post 08-30-2006 04:18 AM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #397  quote:

O.K. to whom it may concern,
I now own the complete series of Firefly which fits in one very small box. I have just about looked at it long enough in it's nice plastic raper. I have read all the words on the outside of the box. The next step will be to take the plastic off and study the discs. I may be able to keep from watching an episode until tomorrow. Then, I am not expecting to like it at first. I sometimes have to get to know the characters before I like a show. I do expect however to love it within a week.
To be continue...........................

Old Post 09-01-2006 02:05 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #398  quote:

quote:
Sandy June said this in post #397 :
Did you like the one where Andrew was video taping everything?

That episode was pretty good. It was quite powerful at the end when you think Buffy's gonna kill him. But she was mean, I gotta say The episode had some great laughs though.

Glad you got FireFly. It's pretty cool. If you watch it in Production order, though, you may find the first episode kind of slow. I did. But once I got past it... oh man! What a show...

Old Post 09-01-2006 04:16 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 11:16 AM

post #399  quote:

I liked the first episode a lot I thought it was one of the best.

Sandy, if you like the series make sure that you buy the movie Serenity. It picks up where the show ended and was a heck of a good movie

Old Post 09-01-2006 05:52 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #400  quote:

Yup, and closes the show off well. Though I've heard talk of a sequel... hmm...

Speaking of Buffy (though we weren't), watch the episode "The Wish" again, and then if you fast forward to the episode "The Prom", something doesn't make sense. You have Anya, who was a vengence demon, grant a wish for Cordelia... who dies in the wish, along with Xander, Willow, Buffy, Oz, and some fellow I've never seen before... then everything's okay in the end... BUT... nobody remembers the wish... so... at the beginning of The Prom, how does Xander know what Anya was? That doesn't make sense to me, but I've never thought about it until now.

Old Post 09-01-2006 08:34 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #401  quote:

Don't mind me, I forgot about Doppelg?ngland

Old Post 09-01-2006 09:19 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #402  quote:

Joss wanted to make a sequel but the first movie didn't bring in enough money Too bad. But at least Joss didn't leave us hanging because he was planning to do a sequel then had his plans ruined.

Old Post 09-01-2006 05:37 PM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #403  quote:

Always wanted to see Serenity. I tried watching Firefly, I really did. Saw one episode and didn't feel it. I know I should like it, like Farscape, but just couldn't sit through it. Maybe I'll get the season on DVD and check it.

-HECK!

Old Post 09-01-2006 05:51 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #404  quote:

I like Farscape too. I thought they got kinda wierd one of the seasons in there. The first few seasons though were great for sure. It has been a long time since I watched it.
I don't like, I can't remember the name of the series they show on Sci fi all the time that has the guy who played Kriton,chriton,criton, however you spell his name in it. Anyway don't like it.

Old Post 09-01-2006 11:44 PM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #405  quote:

I want you all to know that I looooovvvveeee Firefly. Yes, It is sooo shiny. More later.

Old Post 09-02-2006 07:19 PM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #406  quote:

Knew you would love it

Old Post 09-02-2006 10:48 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #407  quote:

Good good good

Hope you've got Dave watching it too. Space Cowboys would be his kind of thing.

Old Post 09-04-2006 02:19 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #408  quote:

Yeah, I have seen the first 3 episodes and I like it. I see why it got canceled, because it has some high dollar effects. To pay for those, it would have to have been a super hit.

I got no complaints, I like everything about the show. Except the one small nitpicky complaint that the show decided to make the space scenes silent, which is truthful to sound waves not working in a vacuum, but we are so used to Star Wars and Star Trek, I miss the loud blasts and bass noises of the ship travel.

But other than that, it's pretty slick.

Old Post 09-04-2006 05:33 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #409  quote:

quote:
Whidden said this in post #409 :
I got no complaints... Except the one small nitpicky complaint

Still counts, mate.

For your reference, here's the Chinese in the series.

quote:
Serenity, Part 1
他媽的!
Ta ma duh!
"His mother" = holy cow!

閉嘴。
BEE-jway.
"Shut up."

是啊。
Shr ah.
"is, ah" = Affirmative

哎呀,壞了!
Ai ya, hwai luh!
"ah! Broken!" = Frickin' hell

真他媽要命。注意。
Jun ta ma yao ming. Joo-ee.
"Really his mother sucks. Be careful" = Watch your back.

請進。
Ching jin.
"Please in" = Come in.

你他媽的天下所有的人都該死。
Nee ta ma duh tyen-shia suo-yo duh run doh gai si.
"In his mother's world everybody should die" = F*** everyone in the universe to death.

妹妹・妹妹
mei-mei
"little sister"

Old Post 09-04-2006 09:05 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #410  quote:

quote:
Serenity, Part 2

你們都閉嘴!
Nee mun doh BEE-jway!
"Everybody shut up!"

狂者的。
kwong-juh duh
"Crazy"

小妹妹。
shiao mei-mei
"Little sister"

渾蛋!
Hwoon dahn!
"Son of a ****" = Bastard! Prick!

哎呀,我們完了。
Ai ya, wo mun wan luh.
"We're in trouble"

Old Post 09-04-2006 09:10 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #411  quote:

quote:
The Train Job

請再來一杯五加皮?
Ching zie lie ee-bay Ng Ka Pei?
"Can I have one more glass of alkihole, please?"

噢,這真是個快樂的進展。
Oh, juh jen sh guh kwai luh duh jean-jan...
"Oh, this is a happy development..."

可惡的老暴君??
Kuh-ooh duh lao bao-jurn...
"Horrible old tyrant..."

真的是天才。
jen duh sh tyen tsai
"He's a freakin' genius"

懂嗎?
Dong ma?
"Understand?" = got it?

狗操的 。
gou tsao de
"dog-humper"

Old Post 09-04-2006 09:25 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #412  quote:

quote:
Bushwhacked

我的媽。
"Wuh de ma."
"My mother" = Wow

真倒霉!
"Jen dao mei!"
"Just our luck!"

天曉得。
"tyen shiao duh"
"In the name of all that's sacred"

糟糕。
"Tzao gao."
"Crap"

我的天啊。
"Wuh de tyen, ah."
"my sky ah!" = My God!

渾蛋。
"Hwoon dahn."
"Jerk."

Old Post 09-04-2006 09:31 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #413  quote:

Okay, I'm exhausted... can't continue with this for much longer...

Old Post 09-04-2006 09:35 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #414  quote:

I just watched another 4 episodes. This show was really awesome.

The writing is excellent, and I love how they don't take the George Lucas Bogus way out and blue screen everything, but put them out doors a lot in Western Towns. Like the Western theme, and the Southern talk, all fancy like.

The Alliance is clearly the "Yankees" and Mal part of the defeated South. Plus aspects of the A-Team, going planet to planet, helping injustice, while thieving. And aspects of Star Trek, the exploring part.

Plus, I know who dies in the movie, cause I read Pippins Blog months and months ago, so I'm not letting myself get attached to the dude.

It's all good. I hear so many quotes that I want to put in my signature, it's funny.

Old Post 09-04-2006 06:41 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #415  quote:

Excellent

We're only 3 steps away from convincing Dave to watch Buffy and Angel.

Old Post 09-05-2006 02:36 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #416  quote:

After he's watched all of the show and the movie he'll be too curious about the other Joss works to resist.

Old Post 09-05-2006 03:32 AM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #417  quote:

He is very stubborn. I really don't know if David would like all the Buffy, Willow and Xander at school stuff. He would like the fight scenes. I kinda have an episode in Season Seven (surprisingly) picked out for him to watch if he will every watch it. I think he would like Faith, Spike and the black principal guy who played on 24 (sorry I forget his name). He would probably like Angel better if he would watch, which he wont.
I am just glad he liked Firefly but how totally different it is from Buffy and Angel! Except for the "Whedon speak". Did you guys see any other similarities?

Old Post 09-13-2006 03:04 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #418  quote:

Yeah, the language and comedy are almost identical. Funny stuff.

I have a mate who won't watch Buffy, but I lent him Angel without telling him it's a Buffy spin-off (EDIT: of course he realized it after about 2 minutes. He's not stupid). He's watched the first season and loved it. I reckon Dave wouldn't mind it. Crime-solving Vampire. That's slick.

Old Post 09-13-2006 03:15 AM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #419  quote:

I started watching season three of Angel again. I am about done with it. I think season three is my favorite. I know for sure that season four is my least favorite I will try to start watching it but will probably skip over stuff. I did no skipping on season three. I think it will be a while before I watch one and two again. I think there were not enough plots going at the same time or something. It is too familiar.
I sure have gotten my money worth out of these DVDs. Who knew I would watch them so much. I don't think I have gone more than a couple of weeks at a time without watching. I guess it is kinda like Star Trek. We watch those over and over and over. We have our favorite seasons of Star Trek the next generation. I don't even know what season it is but we know by what Deanna is wearing or Dr. Crusher's hair if it is a good one.

Old Post 09-25-2006 12:23 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #420  quote:

Or, I'm the same way with Buffy. I can tell instantly by Buffy's hair which season it is and sometimes which episode by what she is wearing.

I still don't have seasons three through five of Angel I need to fix that.

Old Post 09-25-2006 12:50 AM
Time: 07:16 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (16): « First « 1213 [14] 1516 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: