Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Hot Topics > Post-9/11 Era > 'Addiction To Oil' > How much are you paying for gas?
Search this Thread:
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 34 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 11:36 PM

post #31  quote:

really? Wow. It's a quarter lower here. That is odd.

Old Post 05-29-2006 04:25 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

Local time: 01:36 AM

post #32  quote:

Gas here varies between about 2.45 to 2.56. I will pay closer attention and put an exact amount later. I guess we don't have it bad compared to California.

Old Post 05-29-2006 08:19 AM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

the_beezneez
Qualified Rookie

Local time: 07:36 AM

post #33  quote:

In Northern England, the price of normal unleaded petrol has dropped from a high average of about ?1.03 per litre to an average of about ?0.95 per litre.

Conversion;- 1 Gal (US) = 3.785412 Litres
?1.00 buys $1.8678 as of today (1/6/06)

so I would pay about $6.72 / gallon(US).

However, my car uses diesel which is more economical but about 5p / litre more expensive which makes it just over $7.00 / gallon(US)

Old Post 06-01-2006 04:01 PM
Click here to Send the_beezneez a Private Message Find more posts by the_beezneez Add the_beezneez to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore the_beezneez REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #34  quote:

I got gas yesterday. The closest station, for the cheapest gas, was 3.57.
So, I went a couple blocks further, and got it for $3.47.

Old Post 06-01-2006 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

Local time: 02:36 AM

post #35  quote:

Should move to the east coast (at least in the south) I passed a station on the way home at about $2.60 something or other. Gas should be coming down yesterday the price of a barrel went down some. But there's something wrong with... oh wait that's right you live in Caleefornia where the Dems tax the hell out of you. Sorry! I'm sure Aahnold is having a tough time getting rid of gas taxes.

Old Post 06-01-2006 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Edward Teach a Private Message View Edward Teach's Journal Visit Edward Teach's homepage! Find more posts by Edward Teach Add Edward Teach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Edward Teach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #36  quote:

Yeah, let's make this all a Rep/Dem thing!!! After all, it's not like there is a Republican in the White House, that makes some damn good $$ in his back pocket from oil.

Besides, WHY would I want to live on the east coast, in humid weather? Nah, I will stick with perfect weather here in San Diego, and deal with Arnold, even though we all know he doesn't belong as our gov.

Old Post 06-01-2006 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #37  quote:

Yeah I liked that area when I was there, except for the smog. But it is a nice area and as long as you can afford it it's great. It hasn't been too bad here so far this year but we may get a hurricane. We're due.

Old Post 06-01-2006 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Edward Teach a Private Message View Edward Teach's Journal Visit Edward Teach's homepage! Find more posts by Edward Teach Add Edward Teach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Edward Teach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #38  quote:

Los Angeles is the city of smog. San Diego isn't that bad. But, it's not like Colorado either, with great air.

Gas prices might be less out that way... but, the cost of living is also less... and the rate of pay is less too. So, it evens out, some.

Old Post 06-01-2006 10:40 PM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #39  quote:

Yeah true, I'm comfortable but soon to be jobless, again.

Old Post 06-01-2006 11:20 PM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #40  quote:

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Old Post 06-01-2006 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #41  quote:

$3.22 in San Diego

Old Post 06-02-2006 12:26 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sayzak
Chimerical Visionary

post #42  quote:

I saw $2.59 the other night. I was shocked. I still couldn't afford to fill up (I gotta eat, you know).

I really hope these prices inspire people to use biodeisel. One of the main arguments against bio fuel was that it would cost $3/gallon. Okay, well, that's hardly an issue any more.

Old Post 06-04-2006 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Sayzak a Private Message View Sayzak's Journal Find more posts by Sayzak Add Sayzak to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Sayzak Sayzak's MSN ID is blue3eleven@msn.com Click Here to Ignore Sayzak REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #43  quote:

I was in Washington today and it was $3.12 for regular. We're usually a cent or two cheaper than them, so I'm gonna say $3.10 today.

Old Post 06-04-2006 06:21 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #44  quote:

BioDiesel will be high until there are a lot of processing plants. Same with Ethanol. It' s the initital start up and build up of supplies that is costly. Until they have tank farms full of it they won't lower the cost. As long as there is supply in demand then there is no reason to lower it.

Old Post 06-04-2006 02:39 PM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #45  quote:

Down to $2.99 today for regular It's the first time in a while that it's been under $3.00.

Old Post 09-04-2006 06:38 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #46  quote:

Was in AZ over the weekend and found a spot for $2.73, I almost fainted.

Then it's back to CA for the good ol' $3.29. Thanks Dubya .

-HECK!

Old Post 09-05-2006 04:51 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Heavens11
Banned

post #47  quote:

Down to $2.59 in Houston area.

Old Post 09-05-2006 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Heavens11 a Private Message Find more posts by Heavens11 Add Heavens11 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Heavens11 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #48  quote:

Paid $3.01 on my last fill up here in San Diego.

Old Post 09-05-2006 06:08 PM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #49  quote:

I think it's around $2.65 here

Old Post 09-05-2006 10:27 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #50  quote:

$2.95 the other day. It is about 10 cents more in downtown San Diego.

Old Post 09-05-2006 10:34 PM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #51  quote:

Old Post 09-06-2006 03:06 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #52  quote:

$2.91

Old Post 09-06-2006 03:23 AM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #53  quote:

I just paid $2.49

Old Post 09-06-2006 06:05 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Viper1
Veteran

post #54  quote:

$2.53.9

Old Post 09-07-2006 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Viper1 a Private Message Find more posts by Viper1 Add Viper1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Viper1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

h@ts
INReview Maven

post #55  quote:

If politicians told you guys that one of the most important foreign policies is control of strategic interests and protection of resources, including of course a cheap and reliable energy supply and one way to maintain this is military strength and if necessary war, would you guys vote for it? Yes/no?

What I'm talking about here is would you vote for war to maintain your standard of living?

Old Post 09-19-2006 10:20 AM
Click here to Send h@ts a Private Message Find more posts by h@ts Add h@ts to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore h@ts REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #56  quote:

No

Old Post 09-19-2006 09:52 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #57  quote:

Last week when I filled up it was $2.87

Old Post 09-19-2006 10:18 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #58  quote:

This morning it was $2.97. Thank you Meister Boooooosh.

Seriously, I was on my way to work this morning. I hit up AM/PM and as always there were people in line from the coutner back to the beer section. Manning the place were two goobers barely qualified to suck wind not to mention charge people for gas and candy bars. The ATM island deal had said to go inside to pay. So I'm waiting, running late enough as it is. This is really going to give me the red arse. I finally get there and the fat hump clerkin' tells me through his hot dog shaped lips that the ATM is down. I'm pissed so I go, "why don't you put up an f'n sign then?" Of course I said the f'n and was about to follow with, "you cupcake eatin' doughboy." I am a mean, mean man in the morning. So I haul to the next petro palace like 10 minutes away or so and have to hit up the expensive ol' Chevron. The turds. Hence the $2.97.

-HECK!

Old Post 09-19-2006 10:49 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

h@ts
INReview Maven

post #59  quote:

quote:
Edward Teach said this in post #56 :
No

Politicians are smart and know the score.

Old Post 09-19-2006 11:57 PM
Click here to Send h@ts a Private Message Find more posts by h@ts Add h@ts to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore h@ts REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Viper1
Veteran

post #60  quote:

$2.29 in Houston

Old Post 09-20-2006 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Viper1 a Private Message Find more posts by Viper1 Add Viper1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Viper1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 07:36 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 34 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Hot Topics > Post-9/11 Era > 'Addiction To Oil' > How much are you paying for gas?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: