Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Movies > Horror > Favorite Horror Movie of all-time??
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
legend
Mastermind

Local time: 07:53 PM

Favorite Horror Movie of all-time?? post #1  quote:

Just to get this forum started, I figured we could all share what our favorite horror movie is and why.

My favorite horror movie "A Nightmare on Elm Street". It is classic. There are other movies in the series that I also like very much, but Part 1 never gets old.

--Legend

Old Post 08-27-2003 05:24 PM
Click here to Send legend a Private Message Find more posts by legend Add legend to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore legend REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 05:53 PM

post #2  quote:

Well, even though I just really cant sit through horror movies any more, I have one that seems to stick out from the rest when I was a kid. Terror Train, with Jamie Lee Curtis. All these college students were on a train, going somewhere (can't remember), and one by one, people are getting killed. My mom has a picture of me with about 7 of the kids in our cul-de-sac, and we're all sitting on the couch, in the dark, watching that movie. We all looked like we were going to pee our pants, we looked so scared.

Old Post 08-27-2003 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Arias
Rookie

post #3  quote:

I love the Nightmare on Elm Street series, even the bad ones. Just got the NOES dvd set and I'm loving the bonus Nightmare Encyclopedia.

Old Post 08-28-2003 02:31 AM
Click here to Send Arias a Private Message Find more posts by Arias Add Arias to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Arias REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Mr.Blonde
Crackerjack

Local time: 08:53 PM

post #4  quote:

ME too (I Love the NIghtmare on elm street series) I've had to box set for a bit... Arias have you made it through the Labrynth yet?

Old Post 08-28-2003 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Mr.Blonde a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Blonde Add Mr.Blonde to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Mr.Blonde REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Arias
Rookie

post #5  quote:

Oh yeah the Labyrinth was fun. Great interviews with Robert Englund, Wes Craven... I was glad to see all the Freddy clips since I was too young to see those back then.

Old Post 08-29-2003 05:42 AM
Click here to Send Arias a Private Message Find more posts by Arias Add Arias to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Arias REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

xonyon
Qualified Rookie

Local time: 01:53 AM

post #6  quote:

Doesn't anybody like the Friday 13th series... well, i dont. I am a huge fan of Jason Voorhees, the whole concept of him was great in the beginning but i feel sick looking back on some of the later ones on how he is brought back to life ALL THE TIME! boring!!
But my favourite film of all.....has to be the "scream series", they are absolutely legenadry! the first proper slasher that i enjoyed watchin!

Old Post 08-31-2003 01:47 PM
Click here to Send xonyon a Private Message Find more posts by xonyon Add xonyon to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore xonyon REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 09:53 AM

post #7  quote:

The Scream and Nightmare series' are both great in my opinion Though my favorite Horror movie is Psycho (and the sequal)... however, I don't think this really is a horror movie anymore, kind've goes under "classic hitchcock" or something, doesn't it?

Well, failing Psycho, I think the first nightmare on elm street movie.... Though I would much rather watch the 3rd or 7th movie at most times. I think just the idea and the execution of the first movie is what makes it so masterful.

Friday the 13th... well, hmm... it's kind've lame in comparison to many other film series' (though it's one of the longest running)... Jason is cool enough, just not as cool as many others.

I wanna get the Nightmare on Elm street dvd set... when it came out my parents were in the US, and I told them to get it... they came back with the f'in video set... Saying they thought I would prefer it because it was cheaper... I haven't spoken to my parents since. (just kidding)

I'll get it soon, order it online... just need the willingness to part with the money.

Old Post 09-03-2003 06:58 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #8  quote:

There are some many great horror movies its hard to pick just one as my favorite. I would have to say one movie that has always freaked me out is Pet Semetary. Of course I like the classics Night of the Living Dead, Physco, Nightmare on Elm St. I alos enjoyed the Ring. House of 1000 corpses was awesome as well. I love horror so I could go on all day.

Old Post 09-10-2003 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Nymphadora a Private Message View Nymphadora's Journal Find more posts by Nymphadora Add Nymphadora to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

gina50
Rookie

post #9  quote:

I'm a big horror buff. My favourites are The Ring (the original Japanese film by Hideo Nakata) and The Exorcist. If anyone who's only seen the Hollywood remake of The Ring, I strongly urge you to watch the original. It's much scarier and more atmospheric and disturbing than Gore Verbinski's already competent version. Hideo Nakata also made another horror film earlier this year called Dark Water, which is quite scary and atmospheric as well. Rumours have it that it's going to be remade in Hollywood next year.

Old Post 12-06-2003 03:24 PM
Click here to Send gina50 a Private Message Find more posts by gina50 Add gina50 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore gina50 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

#1 Jason Fan
Rookie

post #10  quote:

All the horror movies were good(Especially The Nightmare series ones)But i'd have to say that my fave horror movie of all time would be Freddy vs Jason

Old Post 12-08-2003 10:12 PM
Click here to Send #1 Jason Fan a Private Message Find more posts by #1 Jason Fan Add #1 Jason Fan to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore #1 Jason Fan REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #11  quote:

The original Japanese "The Ring" is called "Ringu". It was good, but it borrows much more from the spiritual/supernatural elements of Japanese culture which may stretch one's ability to become intimate with the storyline. The acting is good, the story is the same (but different enough), the special effects are not nearly as good (are there even any?) as those in "The Ring". However, "The Ring" borrowed tremendously from "Ringu" down to very small details (sound effects inserts and editing). Suddenly "The Ring" doesn't look all that original.

Other favorite horror films:

- The Shining (love Nicholson's acting performance)
- The Exorcist (solid creepy story from start to finish)
- Poltergeist (creative horror)
- 28 Days Later (modern day zombie flick - great cinematography)
- The Thing
- Evil Dead 2 (great black comedy)
- In the Mouth of Madness (more creative horror)
- From Dusk Till Dawn
- The Haunting (call me crazy, but I enjoyed the sets and surround sound)

Old Post 12-31-2003 06:06 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

razbbaybgurl
Enthusiast

post #12  quote:

The best horror movie is the exocist. It was awesome!Noone can top that movie.

Old Post 01-05-2004 12:31 AM
Click here to Send razbbaybgurl a Private Message Find more posts by razbbaybgurl Add razbbaybgurl to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore razbbaybgurl REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

zachaspy
Qualified Rookie

Local time: 06:53 PM

post #13  quote:

i need 2 no if i shood watch new or final nightmare 1st

Old Post 01-09-2004 02:01 AM
Click here to Send zachaspy a Private Message Find more posts by zachaspy Add zachaspy to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore zachaspy REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #14  quote:

final, then new.

Old Post 01-13-2004 04:49 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #15  quote:

THEM was a good one. Even though we dont consider it horror, back then they did.

The Thing was also good.

Old Post 01-19-2004 04:24 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #16  quote:

Lost Boys...was a classic Vampire movie...I have loved that movie since I was an early teenager!

Old Post 01-22-2004 03:37 PM
Click here to Send TearUUp a Private Message Find more posts by TearUUp Add TearUUp to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore TearUUp REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #17  quote:

I'd have to say that my favorite is House of 1k corpses. It combines everything i like about horror into one kick a$$ movie!

Old Post 01-22-2004 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Nymphadora a Private Message View Nymphadora's Journal Find more posts by Nymphadora Add Nymphadora to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #18  quote:

That wasn't a bad movie! Didn't they make that into a video game? Or vice versa?

Old Post 01-22-2004 11:09 PM
Click here to Send TearUUp a Private Message Find more posts by TearUUp Add TearUUp to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore TearUUp REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #19  quote:

I haven't heard anyhting about a video game. Rob Zombie made the movie so it wasn't a video game first. Honestly I don't see how thay could make a videl game out of it.

Old Post 01-22-2004 11:25 PM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #20  quote:

I know I've seen it other than in the movie version, that or I'm trippin'! Probably the latter of the two!

Old Post 01-22-2004 11:26 PM

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #21  quote:

I can't say for sure but I think you might be trippin. I'll check into it. Are you sure your thinking of the right movie House of 1000 corpses. Last night I was trying to remember the name of 28 days later and thought it had a nine in it. You might just be working to hard.

Old Post 01-22-2004 11:35 PM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #22  quote:

Probably right on the money there Nymphadora!!! I've been putting in over 70 hours a week! AND doing some extra work from home! What about American Werewolf in London!!!???? That movie was one of the only movies to scare the $hit out of me when I was a kid!!!

Old Post 01-23-2004 03:46 PM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #23  quote:

And Salem's Lot...for some reason that one freaked me out thankx to my older brothers!

Old Post 01-23-2004 06:33 PM

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #24  quote:

I've never seen American Werewolf in London, I've seen American Werewolf in Paris but it's not obviously not similar since there was nothing scary about that movie.

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:44 PM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #25  quote:

No, they made the second one way too comical!!! I mean, there were a couple of parts that WERE funny in AWIL, but, I was too young at the time, and scared $hitless to identify as jokes!

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:50 PM

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #26  quote:

I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the idea. But it's not one of those scary when your younger but when your older you say what was I thinking kinda movies is it?

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:55 PM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #27  quote:

I still like it!!! It's definitely older (you can tell) but the effects are actually pretty cool and I really like werewolf movies!!

Old Post 01-23-2004 08:05 PM

Staff
Nymphadora
I see you.

post #28  quote:

Ok I'm goona check it out and let you know what I think.

Old Post 01-23-2004 08:06 PM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #29  quote:

Definitely!!! I'm gonna watch F vs. J tonight, so I'll let you know what's up with that!!!

Old Post 01-23-2004 08:16 PM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #30  quote:

I still like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre too!

Old Post 01-26-2004 07:13 PM
Time: 01:53 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Movies > Horror > Favorite Horror Movie of all-time??
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: