Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Feedback > Forum News & Announcements > Reward Points! (Updated: 4/3/04)
Search this Thread:
Pages (7): « First « 23 [4] 56 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Wolf_eyes
Veteran

Local time: 10:51 AM

post #91  quote:

Ok, I've nominated someone.....how do I find out if it went through? Will the person be able to read my nomination? Will it be updated daily or each month? How will I know if, on the off chance, someone nominates my post? Who approves/dissaproves the nominations? What is my favorite color?

Old Post 01-17-2004 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Wolf_eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Wolf_eyes Add Wolf_eyes to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Wolf_eyes REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #92  quote:

If the person is awarded with points because of you, then you will get a PM saying that you have received points because of a 'finders fee' then it gives you a link of where the points originated. No, people do not know if you are the reason behind the points. The moderators are the ones who approve/disapprove them. They kind of have a group discussion about it. I hope I have answered all of your questions.

- the cheddar

Old Post 01-17-2004 11:04 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 07:51 AM

post #93  quote:

Chodder, yes you are correct.

Wolf eyes, once the e mail is recieved by the staff members, the post is looked into, and it goes from there. Just because a post is nominated, it doesn't guarantee that it will receive any reward points.

Old Post 01-18-2004 05:12 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #94  quote:

congrats on 7000 KJ

Old Post 01-18-2004 06:07 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #95  quote:

OMG 7000 KJ congrats. Quite a task. Do you get a rbbon or special treatment or a party? Good job.
D

Old Post 01-19-2004 06:12 PM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

MrJukoVette
In the Now Guru

post #96  quote:

7165, to be correct.

Old Post 01-20-2004 01:08 AM
Click here to Send MrJukoVette a Private Message Find more posts by MrJukoVette Add MrJukoVette to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MrJukoVette REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

oldbutafan
The Advocate

Local time: 09:51 AM

post #97  quote:

quote:
MrJukoVette said this in post #96 :
7165, to be correct.

.... and counting.

KJ, you must be developing some real muscles in your keying fingers ...

Congratulations and keep on !

Old Post 01-20-2004 09:59 PM
Click here to Send oldbutafan a Private Message Find more posts by oldbutafan Add oldbutafan to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore oldbutafan REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #98  quote:

Well, I'm working on stuff in the HP forum, and some others.
Besides, we post stuff in the staff forum too....

What can I say... I like to "talk" a lot!!!

At least I don't post things that are just a smilie, and nothing else...
or, something like... "Bump bump bump" over and over.

Old Post 01-20-2004 10:03 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #99  quote:

staff forum huh? wow now i really want to be a moderator just to get to see whats in there. KJ, will you put in a good word for me even though i told harry to shut up and even had the guts to post it in your forum by the way i am very sorry for that.

Old Post 01-21-2004 02:23 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #100  quote:

Ummmmmm... what was that Marc said to you....

LetmethinkaboutthatNO!

Old Post 01-21-2004 04:39 AM

Larke2000
INReview Maven

post #101  quote:

okay chodder. just for you. a one time glimpse into the world of the INReview staff. here's a link to a pic from the annual plastic crate jumping contest: betcha can't guess who took home the gold

oh, and there was a tie. and as you all know, ties are broken by actually jumping over people

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:48 AM
Click here to Send Larke2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Larke2000 Add Larke2000 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Larke2000 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #102  quote:

Larke you are too smart to be in the forum and not go Gold.

Funny staff pictures. It will be in my mind for a long time.
Thanks.
D

Old Post 01-23-2004 05:06 PM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #103  quote:

Larke, is that you? i guess th girl being jumped over is KJ?

Old Post 01-23-2004 06:21 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #104  quote:

Nah, I wouldn't let anyone jump over me!!!

Old Post 01-23-2004 06:23 PM

Larke2000
INReview Maven

post #105  quote:

nah. we don't jump over KJ anymore. someone tried it when she wasn't paying attention and she had a fit. i only got a black eye. mike james? well, let me just say that he didn't even compete that year. (i'll let you guess which one of us did the "distracting" and which one of us did the "jumping")

that's sayzak jumping over the girl. i can't say who the girl is. she's still mad at me. i volunteered her to be the 'live prop'. sayzak cleared her easily, but the jumper after him knocked her in the back of the head with their foot pretty hard. needless to say i think we will have to come up with an alternative to our current live person tie-breaker.

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Larke2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Larke2000 Add Larke2000 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Larke2000 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #106  quote:

Oh man, did I EVER have a fit. You should have seen what I did to the last person who tried to jump over me. I would tell you, but we're all still having trouble with the memory of that day... it was scary.

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:34 PM

oldbutafan
The Advocate

Local time: 09:51 AM

Hmmmmm post #107  quote:

So this is how the mods get their mod peer RP's ... thanks for the enlightenment, Larke

So ... do you get points for the number of crates jumped ? the number of people cleared ? some extra points for "head shots" ?

LMOBO ...you are too funny !

Old Post 01-23-2004 08:08 PM
Click here to Send oldbutafan a Private Message Find more posts by oldbutafan Add oldbutafan to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore oldbutafan REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #108  quote:

Well, we have "secret rituals" once you're brought into the thresh hold of the inner sanctum of the staff. And once you're in.. it's for life. The things we do, well, Larke should be careful... because they are secret. But, since he's shown you a couple of our secret meeting pictures, I can tell you... you must clear a certain number of those cartons and jump over a couple people, without knocking anything over, or touching the person. If you do that... then it's on to more serious steps toward your initiation!!

Trust me, obaf... you might someday just find out what it's all about!

Old Post 01-23-2004 08:20 PM

Larke2000
INReview Maven

post #109  quote:

yeah, obaf, we've probably given away too much as it is. but i don't think we've breached the non-discosure agreement. so what KJ and myself have said shouldn't get us into too much trouble. we'll just have to tread lightly if anyone wants any more info.

Old Post 01-23-2004 08:33 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #110  quote:

Larke... I won't get in trouble.... you will. You gave out the initial information.
I merely came in to mop up this mess, and make sure that they don't find out the real secret stuff

Old Post 01-23-2004 08:39 PM

Larke2000
INReview Maven

post #111  quote:

KJ: yeah, i threw in that "we" to help me with culpability. i was hoping you wouldn't catch that.

Old Post 01-23-2004 08:46 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #112  quote:

But Larke, you should know by now... I catch it ALL!

Old Post 01-23-2004 09:17 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #113  quote:

What would you guys do if I became a moderator? Would you shake my hand or slap me?

Old Post 01-24-2004 09:37 PM

Larke2000
INReview Maven

post #114  quote:

quote:
chodder said this in post #113 :
What would you guys do if I became a moderator? Would you shake my hand or slap me?
that depends. let me go check something...

okay. i found this post from you so i would shake your hand.

Old Post 01-25-2004 02:26 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #115  quote:

Maybe if I win that monthly reward points I will be liked more c 'mon larke. Give me a hint as to who is wining

Old Post 01-25-2004 03:42 AM

Larke2000
INReview Maven

post #116  quote:

chodder: no. no hints. i'll just come out and tell you who's winning. scroll down if you can't resist and absolutely have to know. the one who's winning is:

the one with the most points

sorry chodder, i couldn't resist. but i can tell you that you don't need reward points to be liked more. there is no "liked more" to be had.

Old Post 01-25-2004 04:04 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #117  quote:

i think i know something that is going to score me some points. i shall pm it to you...

Old Post 01-25-2004 04:10 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #118  quote:

Chodder... I can tell you this. Trying to push for points will keep you from receiving them.
It's getting annoying, my friend. Just go out there and post, and stop worrying about the reward points.

Old Post 01-25-2004 04:26 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #119  quote:

My main goal is to make sure INReview is a great place to be. If I don?t get points for it w/e at least I did something good (exceptional post, etc)

Old Post 01-25-2004 04:31 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #120  quote:

I know, chodder... but if you are always posting about what you can do for more points, you come across like it's all that matters. I don't want to see the focus of this board become wrapped up in the points, but in just posting and adding 'flavor' to this place. Opinions decorate every single thread throughout INReview... and I want to see more and more of that.

Old Post 01-25-2004 04:36 AM
Time: 03:51 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (7): « First « 23 [4] 56 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Feedback > Forum News & Announcements > Reward Points! (Updated: 4/3/04)
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: