Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Unexplained Phenomena & Conspiracy > UFO's & Aliens > Does anyone think governments of the world have told us EVERYTHING about U.F.O's?
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 01:57 AM

Does anyone think governments of the world have told us EVERYTHING about U.F.O's? post #1  quote:

As for the U.S. government, I do not believe they have fully come clean about U.F.O.'s and extra-terrestrial life. Look at the findings from Project Blue Book. They only admitted that 'no U.F.O. investigated poses a threat to national security.'

But should they tell us everything? Can we handle it? Are they keeping the alien conspiracy under wraps for our own good?

-HECK!

Old Post 01-07-2004 06:47 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 03:57 AM

post #2  quote:

I think the whole alien factor is a hoax....

I dont think they exist...

Okay, okay....throw the Roswell thing at me....but I just dont believe it....

You can certainly try to convince me....it might be difficult, but Ill look at it nonetheless.

Old Post 01-07-2004 08:10 PM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

mrsdje
Enthusiast

Local time: 09:57 AM

post #3  quote:

honestly you know the film men in black well thats my opinon and do i think im ready 2 know yes do i think the public as a whole are ready well have u heard of the term MASS HYSTERIA

Old Post 01-12-2004 03:18 PM
Click here to Send mrsdje a Private Message Find more posts by mrsdje Add mrsdje to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mrsdje REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

sleights
Crackerjack

post #4  quote:

Mystic I dont agree. You really believe were the only LIFE FORM out of the WHOLE universe? I dont. I believe somewhere in those MILLIONS and TRILLIONS of miles away theres at least one other life form. But just my opinion. I also dont think that gov. has told us everything they know. But for sure there was a UFO discovered in Area 51. There used to be a website called www.area51sufo.com. That site was created around the same time that the Area 51 incident occured. The site featured over 12 pics of a UFO crash in area 51. The site was cancelled a few hours after it was made. But the gov. has there ways of covering every whole up. Just like that one...

Old Post 01-18-2004 06:42 AM
Click here to Send sleights a Private Message Find more posts by sleights Add sleights to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore sleights REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

Local time: 04:57 AM

post #5  quote:

First of all, I don't believe any UFO has been seen, however; if there was such a thing, who is the government to decide for us what we can and cannot handle? We share this planet with them and have just as much of a right to know these things.

Second, if there were UFOs visiting us, it would be impossible for the government to make sure we didn't know about them.

Third, what better way to hide sophisticated inventions than to let the people THINK there is a UFO conspiracy.

If I was the government and I wanted to hide an extremely high-speed weapon or aircraft or spy equipment, and while testing it, some civilian saw lights in the sky or an odd shape, I would let them carry on with a UFO theory. This way, it would steer the public in a direction that prevents them from finding out what projects they are working on.

The question for me would not be is the government hiding UFO information from us, but rather, is the government hiding advanced technology from us?

Old Post 01-18-2004 02:59 PM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

sleights
Crackerjack

post #6  quote:

I think the gov. has all the rights they want to hide things from us. I know as well as others that there are many things we shouldn't know about. We may share this planet but we dont all need to share our knowledge. There are things that we should and shouldnt know about. I believe aliens or UFO's is one of them. I believe if we did find out the world would no longer be the same. People would make the biggest deal out of it. They would start doing things unheard of. Things like what the Raider fans do when they lose a game. It just wouldnt be safe. They are most likely probably 88% chance they are hiding weapons from us. I also believe that is a good idea. Imagine if a physco killer found out there were laser beams that could blow half a city up in one blast. I think he might think about taking that. People are smart and they could get a hold of a lot of things you wouldnt want them to get a hold of. I think our planet is doing just FINE without UFO's or secret weapons. Who knows maybe some of the things we use in our everyday life are from UFO's that have been found?

Old Post 01-18-2004 11:04 PM
Click here to Send sleights a Private Message Find more posts by sleights Add sleights to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore sleights REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

hatchjaw
Veteran

Local time: 11:57 AM

post #7  quote:

quote:
Kookaburra said this in post #5 :
Third, what better way to hide sophisticated inventions than to let the people THINK there is a UFO conspiracy.

If I was the government and I wanted to hide an extremely high-speed weapon or aircraft or spy equipment, and while testing it, some civilian saw lights in the sky or an odd shape, I would let them carry on with a UFO theory. This way, it would steer the public in a direction that prevents them from finding out what projects they are working on.

Yes. This is apparently what happened in the Roswell case. For years the UFO theory went without a believable refutation by the government. But in 1994, almost 50 years after the incident, the Air Force report that the "UFO" was actually a part of "project mogul", a balloon with equipment designed to spy on Russian nuclear weapons. Very secret back then, but not anymore. Of course this is still very much debated and probably will always be. There are people who find this explanation far fetched but think an alien spacecraft is entirely plausible.

Personally I don't believe aliens have visited us. As new planets are discovered it becomes increasingly probable that there is life out there, perhaps even intelligent life. But there are problems with them coming here. Like the unimaginably long distances to travel. It may be theoretically possible to travel faster than light, or to go through wormholes in space, but it is far from certain that these things can ever actually be achieved. Interstellar travel may well be a practical impossibility.

Another thing which makes me doubtful is the reports that a spaceship crashed here. Not entirely impossible but highly unlikely. A couple of decades ago we landed succesfully on the moon. How believable is it that a civilization so much more technically advanced than us that they have mastered travelling to the stars would fail a simple landing?

If aliens really had been here, especially as often as all the UFO sightings and abduction stories suggest, I think we would know about it. It would be very difficult for any government to hide all those visits.

Old Post 01-19-2004 06:11 PM
Click here to Send hatchjaw a Private Message Find more posts by hatchjaw Add hatchjaw to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore hatchjaw REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

sleights
Crackerjack

post #8  quote:

You talk about this Roswell thing and a baloon? Again that is just another GOV. cover-up!

You dont think that there is another life out there in those trrrrriiiiilllliiiiooooonnnnnssssss of miles away that has better tech. then us? WOW we must have some pretty great tech. like a microwave perhaps....no.

LOL yes we did land on the moon BUT that doesnt mean anything. I mean you are trying to say something here that just plain makes you look retarded. I mean think about it. We have tried to go to space many times and have crashed trying. Who says they cant crash too? I mean your trying to say there PERFECT! I think they do have better tech then us but I would have to be retarded to say there perfect. I mean we made cars, and airplanes as well......BUT we have crashed in those too. I mean its called a MISTAKE. It could happen to anyone including them. Tech. has nothing to do with a simple mistake. They may have created this great tech. but who says that those little alien dudes cant accidently crash once in a while? I mean we crash our planes and cars nearly 10000 times a day! For them to only crash once is pretty good seems how we crash a lot more.

Yeah your right about the alien sightings and abductions. But like many people in our day and age. THEY LIE. Everyone lies. I believe all those stories are BS. None of them ever pass a polygraph test. Or have proof. I think there just looking for attention.

Well people lets see what kind of grief you have to give me now...

Old Post 01-19-2004 09:56 PM

hatchjaw
Veteran

post #9  quote:

quote:
sleights said this in post #8 :
You talk about this Roswell thing and a baloon? Again that is just another GOV. cover-up!

Like I said, this is what apparently happened and it is still very much debated. I'm not going to get into that debate, but I will say this: the explanation is plausible enough that you can't just shrug it off by saying "that's what they want you to think!", you need something to support that claim. And I'm sure there are arguments to support it. The debate will go on.

You dont think that there is another life out there in those trrrrriiiiilllliiiiooooonnnnnssssss of miles away that has better tech. then us? WOW we must have some pretty great tech. like a microwave perhaps....no.

Where did I say that?

LOL yes we did land on the moon BUT that doesnt mean anything. I mean you are trying to say something here that just plain makes you look retarded. I mean think about it. We have tried to go to space many times and have crashed trying. Who says they cant crash too? I mean your trying to say there PERFECT! I think they do have better tech then us but I would have to be retarded to say there perfect. I mean we made cars, and airplanes as well......BUT we have crashed in those too. I mean its called a MISTAKE. It could happen to anyone including them. Tech. has nothing to do with a simple mistake. They may have created this great tech. but who says that those little alien dudes cant accidently crash once in a while? I mean we crash our planes and cars nearly 10000 times a day! For them to only crash once is pretty good seems how we crash a lot more.

Who says they can't crash too? Not me. Like I said it is possible, just very unlikely. Travelling to another planet is a massive undertaking and I think anyone doing it would prepare for every eventuality. With their advanced technology they still made a mistake or were surprised by something, sounds very sloppy for a mission of such magnitude. Don't they have a force field or something to protect them from a possible crash? I didn't say this proves anything, it's just one thing that makes me doubt the aliens. I don't think it's that retarded.

Yeah your right about the alien sightings and abductions. But like many people in our day and age. THEY LIE. Everyone lies. I believe all those stories are BS. None of them ever pass a polygraph test. Or have proof. I think there just looking for attention.

Well people lets see what kind of grief you have to give me now...

Sorry, didn't mean to give you grief. I was just Answeing Kookaburra's post, saying that she may be right, and answering HECK's original question as well. Just giving my opinion.

Old Post 01-20-2004 04:41 AM
Click here to Send hatchjaw a Private Message Find more posts by hatchjaw Add hatchjaw to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore hatchjaw REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

It's Official
Enthusiast

post #10  quote:

The fact that there is so much controvery surrounding UFO's confirms their existance to me. Governments worldwide keep their mouths pretty tightly shut when it comes to UFO talk.

And if that isn't enough.... UFO's have been documented since the start of written history, all the way back to cave paintings by ancient humans.

Old Post 01-28-2004 04:49 AM
Click here to Send It's Official a Private Message Find more posts by It's Official Add It's Official to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore It's Official REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Purplebelle
Rookie

post #11  quote:

I do believe the government is covering up all these UFO sightings. Furthermore I do believe that there are many people who does not want to believe in other life in a different world so they convince theirsevles that the Government is right. Right now I am wondering if we as humans would reconize another life form if it does not look like or similar to us. Who knows what other life is like out there. Does it look like earth or does it look like something outer a scifi movie. Or maybe something totally different than what we humans are used to.

Old Post 04-28-2004 09:48 PM
Click here to Send Purplebelle a Private Message Find more posts by Purplebelle Add Purplebelle to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Purplebelle REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

sleights
Crackerjack

post #12  quote:

Hatchjaw Im not going into the baloon thing as well, that can be debated for years. As for the Life forms trillions of miles away, I never said you said anything about that did I? There was a reason i put a "?" after the statement, I was asking a Q, sometimes "?" mean that. Yes I know you never said they couldnt crash, I was just trying to make you better undertsand, that they could, and it is very likely. Like I said they crashed once, we crash nearly 1000000 times a day, in our cars/planes/etc. When I said "I wonder how much grief Im gonna get" I was talknig about everyone in general not just you. Theres your answers buddy! Anyway, heres some stuff to think about...

WHY I THINK UFO'S EXIST!
1.) Roswell has over 90 troops guarding Roswell day and night everyday.
2.) Not even the President himself is allowed through the gates of Roswell.
3.) A website featured pictures of the incident, hours later the site was shut down by the gov.
4.) Space goes on for MILLIONS/TRILLIONS/#'s we dont even have names for yet, of miles, why wouldnt there be another life form out there, beside us?
5.) A worker at Roswell came out and gave a documentary on what he had to work on when he was there...

DOCUMENTARY: He stated... Roswell is always refferred to by the government as "Military Ground" That is all lies. Roswell is nothing like Military, they test no weapons or crafts. He also stated that he used to know a man that jokingly said he was going to tell the U.S. about UFO's and what they had (as a joke) Just for saying that he was beat by troops/gov. that work at Roswell.

He went on about all this other stuff as well, but what I stated was the most important things he said.

Well think about that, get back to me about this theory again, when you have time of course! Word to ya mutha!

Old Post 05-02-2004 03:29 AM

hatchjaw
Veteran

post #13  quote:

Well I've read it and thought about it and I have to say I still don't believe U.F.O.'s have crashed here or even visited us. First, about the Roswell stuff you listed.

I'd really like to see those claims backed up by information from a reliable news source. Some of it, especially the one about the site being taken down, seem like internet legends to me. But even if they are all true, none of it actually proves that aliens have crashed here. Troops guarding Roswell, president not allowed there? Doesn't necessarily mean U.F.O.'s does it? There can conceivably be a number of other things than aliens to make the government act like this. The website with pictures taken down? The pictures could show, instead of aliens, something else that the government wants to keep secret. The guy who talked about Roswell, well all he said was that it isn't military ground. The only mention of U.F.O.'s is what he tells another guy has jokingly said. I'd hardly call this conclusive proof.

Now, about aliens. There are countless stars out there and it's starting to look like there are countless planets as well. So it's natural, albeit not scientific, to assume that there is life out there too. But what kind of life? I recall reading that for complicated lifeforms to evolve the planet must be pretty ideally located. The earth is the right distance from the sun, not too hot, not too cold. Also there's something about gravitational pull, we're just in the right place so that we don't have extreme weather conditions tearing the ecosystem apart. And so on. Even with these requirements I think it's likely that there are more than enough planets where complicated life may arise.

But what kind of life? It is by no means certain that where there's complicated lifeforms there will be intelligent ones. Intelligence is not the aim of evolution. All evolution means is that the most suitable will survive, and intelligence (or self awareness or whatever you want to call it, I'm sure you know what I mean) doesn't seem to be that important for survival. After all, during the hundreds of millions of years out of millions and millions of species on our planet, only one has developed intelligence, us. Thinking about it, it seems that intelligent life is not the likeliest of things. But still, it's possible that out of the planets suitable for life some have intelligent life. But I'd say that the odds on that are not overwhelming.

And if intelligent life does exist elsewhere it doesn't necessarily mean that they want to travel to the stars. Although I think many would. On some planets the intelligent life may be creatures resembling dinosaurs, unable to build spaceships even if they wanted to. And so on, you get my point: even if there are thinking beings out there it's not certain that they are trying to visit us.

Even they are, can they? Out of all the billions of stars and planets, how do they know which ones have life? Or do they just visit all of them? Even if they for some reason actually do want to come right to our sun and planet, there's still the problem of getting here. As far as we know it's theoretically possible to travel interstellar distances without taking millions of years to do it, but to create the kind of circumstances that can make it happen may be impossible. If it is possible and someone can do it they'd need to have incredible techonolgy. Which brings me to my earlier point of the likelihood of them crashing.

Yes, we crash all the time here on earth, and some of our ventures into space have been disastrous too. But the aliens with their incredible technology doing it on a mission they have certainly been preparing for? Now I know that better tech does not equal less mistakes, but when you're on such an incredible high level as to make interstellar travel possible, I'd imagine it's pretty foolproof. Plus on their way to such high tech they've had plenty of time to learn from their mistakes. So a crash under those cirumstances, while still possible of course, is very very improbable.

I don't know what the odds are for each of the things I've mentioned, But I'm pretty certain that when you add them all up the probability of aliens having crashed here is staggeringly small. When the proof I've seen so far- which is debatable at best- is put against a claim so wildly unlikely, I cannot in all honesty say: "Yes, I do believe aliens have visited us and even crashed." I know it's possible of course, and am open to the idea, but with all the things I've mentioned I'm gonna need some pretty solid evidence before I'm going to believe it.

Old Post 05-04-2004 10:59 PM

sleights
Crackerjack

post #14  quote:

Sorry I ddnt read your whole post, I had to go and it was long. But I already gave the website address out, so theres one source, you may be able to find it on other sites by typing the address I gave as I did. The guard thingy, it wasnt it was around 200, "190" was the exact umber given. I have Direct TV, and theres a lot of channels that feature stuff like this. I couldnt give the channel I found the documentary on. As for your post on "Theres not many planets" Sorry, I dont want to go up and copy exactly what you said, to lazy. But anyway, we have our basic planets we know of, that we all learned in 5th and 6th grade, correct? Well there are many more that we have found since then. There are many that we have discovered, just not in our galaxy. So we can cut that reply. Its also another good point you have brought up for me, I mean with these other planets, there may be life? Maybe theres a life in every galaxy. I mean why would there be more planets in other galaxy's? These planets couldnt be reached by the tech. we currently have, or studied I dont believe at this point. But its another thing to add to my list of reasons I think theres UFO's. But hey, you may be right as well, maybe theres no UFO's. Maybe when you go to heaven or hell, if you even believe that, then you can ask god... lol. Just a suggestion. Well anyway, see ya! Word to ya mutha!

Old Post 05-08-2004 04:29 AM

hatchjaw
Veteran

post #15  quote:

Yeah, sorry about the post being a bit long. I put the website address into google and the only results I got were the site itself, which is a "page cannot be displayed" and this thread. But it could still be true, I guess. But like I said, all the things you mentioned could be true and it still doesn't necessarily mean U.F.O.'s. And I need some pretty undisputable proof before I can believe it. About the planets, I think you misread. I didn't say that there aren't many of them. I said: "There are countless stars out there and it's starting to look like there are countless planets as well". So I do think there's lots of 'em. The rest of that post explains why I think aliens coming here is very unlikely even though there are lots of planets.

Ask God... haha! Don't believe in that either but if it's true then it is. I'd probably be too flabbergasted to ask. "Wow, so you do exist! You really had me fooled with the dinosaur fossils and everything. So this hell thingy...is it gonna hurt?" But I hope that's not the only way of finding out. It's one of my biggest dreams that we find a sign of intelligent life out there.

Old Post 05-08-2004 07:39 AM

sleights
Crackerjack

post #16  quote:

Thats kool. Im not religious or anything, I never go to church, Im not catholic/christian/etc. but I still believe its possible there is a god. Countless planets reply thingy, prob. was misread, I was in a hurry, soo anyway. Hey some people dont believe god/UFO's. I do, but you say the same thing I do, "How an whay and blah blah blah." I mean its hard to get someone that believes not too, as it is to get someone who doesnt to believe. Either way, it can be debated for years to come, whether these things exist or not. As I see it, your right till there is proof they do exist. Because how can we believe something we've never seen, but only heard of. Same goes with god. I can preach to you, and tell you all these facts and rumors, but your argument is always going to be won with that one sentence, that we've never seen these things. But I believe, because I hope, if we were the only ones, I thik that would be boring... lol! Anyway, word to ya mutha! Peace

Old Post 05-08-2004 09:13 AM

Ickle Ronnikins
Qualified Rookie

Local time: 05:57 PM

Cool post #17  quote:

Hello, I'm Ickle Ronnikins. Mind if I join your alien discussion??
Well, in my own opinion, I do believe there are other things out there in this huge universe. We are not the only ones here but what and how the out-of-this-world beings look like..I do not know. I guess its a matter of one's perspective. Some people believe it and some people need prove;see it to believe it. Maybe someday we'll get the opportunity to really experience it but in the mean time I think the aliens are just waiting out there for us to find them......

Old Post 05-08-2004 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Ickle Ronnikins a Private Message Find more posts by Ickle Ronnikins Add Ickle Ronnikins to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Ickle Ronnikins REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

I use logic
Mastermind

post #18  quote:

I feel there is any possibility that UFO's exist. Not sure if I actually believe in them, but I like to acknowledge them as a good possibility for the concept of studying the mystery. If they are real, I believe governements have told us nothing.

Old Post 05-24-2004 06:10 AM
Click here to Send I use logic a Private Message Find more posts by I use logic Add I use logic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore I use logic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

raven200
Mastermind

post #19  quote:

On 7th August 1996,NASA (1) scientists made an announcement that made front page headlines throughout the world.Within a Martian meteorite,they had found evidence of a microscopic lifeform that may have existed on Mars more than three billion years ago. (2) Although other studies were later published which challenged this conclusion, (3) numerous recent discoveries,for example,the discovery by the Galileo spacecraft, (4) in February 1997,of a possible red-coloured sea under the ice crust of Jupiter's moon,Europa, (5) are raising hopes that we may soon be able to get an answer to one of the oldest and most interesting questions asked by humans-"Is anyone out there,or are we alone in the universe?"

However,it may be that none of us may live to see the day when scientists will give us a definitive answer to this question.For Muslims,that should not be a problem.We already have the answer.Although many Muslims are unaware of the fact,the Quran (6) explicitly mentions the existence of extraterrestrial life.

The existence of creatures of a spiritual nature,such as angels,in the universe,is accepted as a fact by all Muslims,as well as people of other religions, such as Christians.The point that generates excitement among the public,and scientists is the question of whether material lifeforms like ourselves,which can be found by science,do actually exist outside the earth. (7) The objective of this article is to present evidence from the Quran for the existence in the universe,of MATERIAL lifeforms ("Life as we know it").

"Dabbatun"

In Sura 42,Verse 29 (42:29) of the Quran,we are told, "Among His (God's) signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth,and the living creatures that He has scattered through them :and He has power to gather them together when He wills."

(8) Before proceeding further,a point or two must be noted.The word "sama",translated "heavens",is also the Arabic for "sky".One may object that the verse refers to creatures in the sky (which would be birds),not in the heavens.However,birds are mentioned seperately from creatures of the heavens in 24:41, "Seest thou not that it is God Whose praise all beings in the heavens and on earth do celebrate,and the birds (of the air) with wings outspread?..."

(9) In a note to 42;29,Muhammad Asad states,"In the Quran,the expression "the heavens and earth" invariably denotes the universe in its entireity."

(10) The Quran mentions that inanimate objects also worship God:"Do they not look at God's creation, (even) among (inanimate) things- how their (very) shadows turn round,from right to left,prostrating themselves to God..."(16:48) .

(11) Therefore,may not the creatures spoken of in 42:29 in the heavens,be inanimate creatures of God.No.The next verse,16:49 goes, "And to God doth obeisance all that is in the heavens and earth,whether moving (living) creatures or the angels..." .

(12) The word translated "living creatures" here is the same as that in 42:29- "Dabbatun".Comments Asad,"The word dabbah denotes any sentient,corporeal being capable of spontaneous movement and is contrasted here with the non-corporeal,spiritual beings designated as "angels" ".

(13) In other words,42:29 is referring to precisely the type of lifeforms that science is searching for,not some metaphysical entities.Yusuf Ali says,"Dabbatun:beasts,living,crawling creatures of all kind."

(14) This is the same word used in 2:164,"...in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth...are signs for a people that are wise,"

(15) and in 24:45,"And God has created every animal from water: of them are some that creep on their bellies;some that walk on two legs;and some that walk on four. God creates what he wills..."

(16) Commenting on 42:29,Allama Shabbir Ahmad Usmani says,"From the verse it appears that like on the earth,there are some kinds of animals- living creatures- in the heavens also."

(17) On the same verse,Yusuf Ali comments, "Life is not confined to our one little Planet.It is a very old speculation to imagine some life like human life on the planet Mars...it is reasonable to suppose that Life in some form or other is scattered through some of the millions of heavenly bodies scattered through space."

(18) From such remarks,the reader will realize that Muslim scholars are well aware of the fact that 42:29 clearly mentions the existence of aliens.

To read the full article go to:

http://www.answering-christianity.c...ns_in_quran.htm

Old Post 06-10-2004 07:12 PM
Click here to Send raven200 a Private Message Find more posts by raven200 Add raven200 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore raven200 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

post #20  quote:

Just a couple comments on this topic..

quote:
sleights said this in post #8 :
.. You dont think that there is another life out there in those trrrrriiiiilllliiiiooooonnnnnssssss of miles away that has better tech. then us? WOW we must have some pretty great tech..

I agree that no matter how improbable interstellar space travel is by our own understandings of the workings of the Universe, OUR understanding and "theories" hav no bearing on reality and things which we do not yet understand. It is important to recognize this because if you're going to have a reasonable debate, the debate should be based on reason, not on biased opinions nor commonly accepted ignorances like, "well we don't know how to do it so it's unlikely, so it's not a factor." Guess what, every possible outcome is figured into probabilities. Even with the high probabilities against hitting 00 on the roulette table, people win big money with that ALL the time. Just goes to show that no matter what the odds, the odds do happen. If the odds were impossible, there would be no odds.

quote:
sleights said this in post #14 :
..There are many that we have discovered, just not in our galaxy..

We can barely see extra-solar planets inside our own galaxy - I certainly haven't heard anything about them being seen OUTSIDE the Milky Way. Interstellar travel is a realistic goal based on our current knowledge. Intergalactic travel is just beyond comprehension. For the difficulty in viewing such distant bodies, and the advantages of identifying all the ones that we can find nearer to us, it would seem to me that most research on extra solar planetary detection should be limited to those within our "local group" of stars or at least those within our own galaxy.

Finally, just some thoughts on the conspiracy front. I personally find it unlikely that the government is hiding anything extra terrestrial in nature. In their wildest dreams. They would love for Superman's cape to come falling out of the sky and have an invincible soldier, but alas we still fight and kill each other using rather unsophisticated means over petty . Where are the indicators that the government is hiding some amazing capabilities or secret knowledge from which they derive unimaginable powers? Our aircraft get shot down, our convoy's ambushed and slaughtered, our bullet proof vests shot through - aren't these the types of things a government and military might be most inclined to advance first? Strangely, the Russians have developed a tactical fighter MFI MiG 1.42 with maneuverable thrust nozzels making it the most agile combat aircraft in the world - the U.S. has nothing to compete with it. Does this mean the Russians have a better relationship with E.T. than we do? The whole notion is proposterous. I find it more likely that the government capitalized on the public hysteris of the early 20th century as a mechanism for keeping people in the dark and being elusive about their operations and the myth has simply prevailed through the decades into a heap of nonsense.

I agree that facts and statistics supports the idea that there is extra-planetary life out there and that statistically, based on what we know of chemistray and the physics involved with massive cosmic bodies, a percentage of extra-solar planets will have the same geospatial advantages that Earth has been blessed with making them suitable to form complex life-forms just as here on Earth. Maybe intelligent life. Whatever. The big question is: so what?

What if there is intelligent life out there? Why is that important? Because we're "not alone"? And that's important why?

.. because the way I see it, if we can't even get along with ourselves , what's the point of trying to establish relations with beings from another world who look different and think different from anyone in this world - would humanity be any less prejudice?

The fact is that until there is peace on Earth, we're not ready for interplanetary relations. We may obliterate ourselves before we are. But at our current rate, that may just be a fitting end.

Old Post 06-10-2004 08:39 PM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

devildog
In the Now Guru

post #21  quote:

If you guys want to read some incredible stuff about this; Check out this book
" The day after roswell" by Lt. Col. Corso. He spills the beans, people. He was there, and he can prove it. He gives names of the parties present at the meetings. He explains how companies like Bell received patents on technology. Basically he was a R&D guy for the Army. Top dog! He came into contact the recovered items from the crashed saucer in New Mexico (1947). Yes, I believe he saw the bodies and the aircrafts. He claims that we know have things like Kevlar, integrated computer chips(?), lasers, night vision etc. from this crash. He would give it to these companies( like Bell Labs) and they would figure out how it worked and how to implement it Militarily. In exchange, they could keep the patent. Great read. I suggest it highly.

Old Post 06-10-2004 09:15 PM
Find more posts by devildog Add devildog to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore devildog REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Flutterbywingz
Taking Flight

post #22  quote:

Yes, I absolutely believe in alien life forms visiting other planets; they're called human astronauts. They also earn a very nice income!

Old Post 07-11-2004 04:07 AM
Click here to Send Flutterbywingz a Private Message Find more posts by Flutterbywingz Add Flutterbywingz to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Flutterbywingz REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Sierradaddy
Days of Future Past...

post #23  quote:

Seems to me it would make more sense, if the saucer really DID fall to earth, for the U.S. government to HIRE AWAY the best of the scientists (from places LIKE Bell Labs). THEN get them to decipher how to use and make the technology, and KEEP the patent rights for themselves, also keeping the technology as secretive as possible so that the U.S. military would have the upper hand in combat for decades or centuries to come. That's what I'd do if I was in the military, or government... If it was feasible to do that, anyways...

Old Post 07-11-2004 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Sierradaddy a Private Message Find more posts by Sierradaddy Add Sierradaddy to your buddy list Sierradaddy's MSN ID is smoothline98@hotmail.com Reply w/Quote

tomkat
Rookie

post #24  quote:

saw a documentary on Discovery Channel. It covered topics like Roswell and workers wives and relatives interview who worked there. It saw it last January 2004. It was pretty good. I was an unbeliever after that i start believing in UFOs

Gov for not telling the truth!

Last edited by tomkat on 08-10-2004 at 01:55 PM |
Old Post 08-10-2004 01:33 PM
Click here to Send tomkat a Private Message Find more posts by tomkat Add tomkat to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore tomkat REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

packers11
Qualified Rookie

post #25  quote:

Alright... Well first of all I went to say that I think the government is covering up so that people wont go insane. There are a lot of unstable people in this world and god for bid they found out that there is a stronger force that could attack us or control us they would just go completely insane. I dont think the government wants to see a lot of people in chaos but if it was up to me I would want to government to tell the truth. I mean come on all these speculations and no good evidence to back it up?
Second of all I think that if there was so called "aliens" that they do have better tech then us... They might have diff elements than us... It was only that past 100 years that we have been using oil and every couple of years we find new fuels... Thats why I think that aliens have landed and have travled around our universe because they are so much more advvanced than us. There is no way we are the most advanced civilization out there and if we are that SUCKS!!!!!!

Old Post 10-06-2004 01:06 AM
Click here to Send packers11 a Private Message Find more posts by packers11 Add packers11 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore packers11 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

benbims
Enthusiast

post #26  quote:

I personally believe that there are alien life forms out in the vast reaches of the universe. I also believe that they have visisted this planet and that the government has information about various information that they are not telling us. It may be for the good of our society to not tell us. I saw this show not too long ago that talked about alot of different sightings and what not. They talked about the area 51 incident and what the government said makes no sense. They talked about a weather balloon falling and that is a load of crap. They had this picture of a head guy with the weather balloon and in his hand he was holding a piece of paper. They used advanced technology and enhanced the image so close to where they were actually able to decipher what it said. Im not sure what it said but it said something about "flashing lights and to say it was a weather balloon"

-Government at Roswell

Old Post 10-14-2004 04:00 PM
Click here to Send benbims a Private Message Find more posts by benbims Add benbims to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore benbims REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Spaliznad
yup

post #27  quote:

Hey it's Ben. Where are you living now again? Festus or something?

Old Post 10-14-2004 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Spaliznad a Private Message View Spaliznad's Journal Find more posts by Spaliznad Add Spaliznad to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Spaliznad Send a Yahoo message to Spaliznad Click Here to Ignore Spaliznad REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

benbims
Enthusiast

post #28  quote:

no i am living in O'Fallon, MO, I go to Timberland High School where the girls are way hotter then any girl over there at Central

Old Post 10-18-2004 03:50 PM
Click here to Send benbims a Private Message Find more posts by benbims Add benbims to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore benbims REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #29  quote:

I read through this thread, trying to read as much as possible, but certainly skimmed over some parts.... I have to say this is the post I agree with the most:

quote:
the_way_it_is said this in post #22 :
Yes, I absolutely believe in alien life forms visiting other planets; they're called human astronauts. They also earn a very nice income!

I believe in UFOs..... I have seen Flying Objects that I have been Unable to identify before.... probably it was just a commerical jet but me and my friends all pretended we didn't know what it was

regardless, people who live near a top-secret military base that doesn't "officially" exist are bound to see some crazy shiznit.

this doesn't mean its aliens.

I've often thought and pondered, and found it amusing..... drugged up fantasies..... dissecting bodies.... experiments...... sounds oddly... human.

If we ever become space-faring monkies (which is doubtful) and discover intelligent life (which is even more doubtful) the alien species will probably be "primitive" and WE will be the hostile invading force

let's draw a comparison too:

Columbus claiming an entire continent for Spain

some astronauts claming the moon for America

*sigh* the same thing keeps happening over and over again, just on larger and larger scales.

Old Post 10-19-2004 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

MrJukoVette
In the Now Guru

post #30  quote:

Hahaha actually they are selling moon property already. You can buy land on moon right now, so when (if?) we will every get to live there, you will have your own backyard.

Really, there most probably is another intelligent life out there somewhere, and i think there are many different places with different forms of life. However, stories of UFOs visiting our planet are mostly rubbish, but maybe true - nobody knows. I for one doubt their truthfullness.

Why do i believe there is intelligent life somewhere in the Universe? Because when there are fictional movies about invisible things, flying men, etc. 300 years ago, it becomes reality today. What's fictional today most probably will be reality tomorrow, even existence of aliens.

NASA's Opportunity and the other robot (dont remember it's name) have already found out that there was water - yes H2O we are all used to - on Mars. And i am pretty damn sure that if we are able to go further, for ex. nearest galaxies, there may be other ways of life.

There is a big obstacle to such distant travels. If we keep increasing speed, according to Einstein's theory, at some point the spaceship will be non-existant or vice-versa, extra huge. Lets say spaceship travels at an average speed of 1,000,000 kph. It means that comparing to spaceship travelling at a speed of 1,000 kph, it becomes 1000 times bigger, and the distance it covers becomes 1000 bigger as well. So really, it doesnt really matter how fast the ship is going to travel, it still won't go faster than the light, and if it does fly as fast as the light, it would become INFINITE times bigger than it was before starting. The distance it has to cover increases with it's speed, according to Einstein, ie. ship going 1000kph will cover 1,000,000,000 in a million hours; ship travelling 10000kph will cover 10,000,000,000 in a million hours as well. I may be wrong here. Looking forward to your input.

It takes years upon years to get to another galaxy if travelling with today's technology and the speed it offers. Astronauts would become old and die before getting anywhere near the target, and that would be the case if they have enough food and water and oxygen onboard to live for such a long time. Even if we produce an extra-fast spaceship that will get us to another galaxy in a matter of few years (that would be a good achievement!), and Einstein's theory of dependancy doesnt prevent it from travelling so fast, where is guarantee that astronauts are going to find another life there? How many super-expensive ships which are able to travel super-fast are we going to send out before we see results? Earth is going to run out of fuel with all these space missions.

Old Post 10-19-2004 07:43 PM
Click here to Send MrJukoVette a Private Message Find more posts by MrJukoVette Add MrJukoVette to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore MrJukoVette REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 09:57 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Unexplained Phenomena & Conspiracy > UFO's & Aliens > Does anyone think governments of the world have told us EVERYTHING about U.F.O's?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: