Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Hot Topics > Agree2Disagree > INReview Opinion Polls and Surveys > Favorite Dinosaur
Search this Thread:
Favorite Dinosaur
T Rex
Brontosaurus
Stegosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Triceratops
Ankylosaurus
Velociraptor
Pterodactyl
Dracorex Hogwartsia
Barney
Dino
I don't care for Dino's Dummy!
Other Dino, not listed here....
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 07:53 AM

Favorite Dinosaur post #1  quote:

Which one is your favorite?

And yes, the Pterodactyl, the bird one, is not a dinosaur, but a flying lizard. But's lets not nitpick this thing to death. It's not science class, it's a poll posted by a backwoods redneck who lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Old Post 10-21-2006 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #2  quote:

Ankylosaurus is my favorite. Not that popular of a dino, but I like his club tail and armored back.

Old Post 10-21-2006 10:44 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Coogee Beach
Mastermind

Local time: 12:53 AM

post #3  quote:

Important poll. I almost picked the big ol' brontosaurus but eventually stuck with Mr T-Rex, baddest assed ... bad ... ass in the primordial soup.

Old Post 10-22-2006 12:27 AM
Click here to Send Coogee Beach a Private Message Find more posts by Coogee Beach Add Coogee Beach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Coogee Beach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

Local time: 01:53 PM

post #4  quote:

Well I was going to go for T Rex but I rememeber somebody once saying that the T - Rex brain was so small it probably did not know it was alive. So I went for Velocoraptor.

Old Post 10-22-2006 03:31 AM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 05:53 AM

post #5  quote:

I don't like dinos.

Old Post 10-22-2006 03:35 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #6  quote:

quote:
fuscia said this in post #5 :
I don't like dinos.

Old Post 10-22-2006 03:37 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #7  quote:

Dinosaurs are fake. The bones were put here to test your faith. Heathens.

And if you believe that I have a used car to sell you.

My favorite is the Triceratops. Those horns were tough. T-Rex was the man but you gotta like the underdog.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-22-2006 05:13 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #8  quote:

Personally, I like the Pterodactyl. Anything that can fly naturally is cool!

BTW...you did forget one most important dinosaur...

Dino the Dinosaur from The Flintstones. Now that was one cool dino!!

Old Post 10-22-2006 06:09 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #9  quote:

You know what always bugged me about The Flintstones? When they celebrated Christmas. I mean, they said the year was like something B.C. Even dinosaurs were around. So if they're living before the birth of Christ how can they celebrate Christmas? Maybe it was Jesus Christrock or something.

The Great Gazoo sucked too. Hey, that rhymed.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-22-2006 06:19 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Viper1
Veteran

post #10  quote:

I'd have to go with Dino from The Flintstones.

Old Post 10-22-2006 07:08 AM
Click here to Send Viper1 a Private Message Find more posts by Viper1 Add Viper1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Viper1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #11  quote:

I picked the Ankylosaurus and the Pterodactyl.

Old Post 10-22-2006 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #12  quote:

quote:
mystic said this in post #8 :
Personally, I like the Pterodactyl. Anything that can fly naturally is cool!

BTW...you did forget one most important dinosaur...

Dino the Dinosaur from The Flintstones. Now that was one cool dino!!

I stand corrected. She is right, Dino is cool.

Old Post 10-22-2006 09:22 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #13  quote:

quote:
fuscia said this in post #5 :
I don't like dinos.

I put the Harry Potter Dino up just for you and Kris, and you don't even like it.

Old Post 10-22-2006 09:32 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #14  quote:

quote:
Whidden said this in post #13 :

I put the Harry Potter Dino up just for you and Kris, and you don't even like it.

There is not dino in Harry Potter! It's a dragon. Dragons are totally cool.

Old Post 10-22-2006 09:37 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #15  quote:

quote:
fuscia said this in post #14 :

There is not dino in Harry Potter! It's a dragon. Dragons are totally cool.

Yeah, but that's a real dinosaur they found, and they named it after Hogwarts in honor of Harry Potter!!!

'Hogwarts' Dragon Unveiled
By Larry O'Hanlon, Discovery News

May 23, 2006 ? A dragon-like dinosaur named after Harry Potter's alma mater has performed a bit of black magic on its own family tree, say paleontologists who unveiled the "Dragon King of Hogwarts" on Monday in Albuquerque.

The newly described horny-headed dinosaur Dracorex hogwartsia lived about 66 million years ago in South Dakota, just a million years short of the extinction of all dinosaurs. But its flat, almost storybook-style dragon head has overturned everything paleontologists thought they knew about the dome-head dinos called pachycephalosaurs.

"What you knew about pachycephalosaurs -- you can chuck it," said Spencer Lucas, curator of paleontology at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History.

"Dracorex hogwartsia is a rather fantastic new dinosaur," affirmed paleontologist Robert Sullivan of the State Museum of Pennsylvania.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Study: Dino Spikes, Horns Served as Name Tags

For years dinosaur experts had thought the classic dome-headed, head-butting sorts of pachycephalosaurs evolved from earlier flat-headed ancestors. The last thing they expected to find at the end of the Age of Dinosaurs was a dramatically flat-headed pachycerphalosaurs, or "pachy."

"If you were going to predict the kind of dinosaur that would live at that time, it would not be this," said Lucas.

Without so much as a nod of the head or the waving of a wand, hogwartsia has reversed the pachy family tree.

"Instead of going from flat-headed to domed, you're going from dome-headed to flat," Sullivan told Discovery News. Along with several colleagues, Sullivan co-authored the first detailed study of the new dinosaur, published this week in the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science Bulletin.

Dracorex hogwartsia, which translates as "Dragon King of Hogwarts," was unearthed in 2003 in the Hell Creek Formation of South Dakota by three amateur fossil hunters working in cooperation with the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. But it wasn't until it was at the museum, while the fossil was being carefully prepared, that renowned dinosaur researcher Robert Bakker happened to catch sight of it while visiting. Bakker then recruited pachycerphalosaurs expert Sullivan and other paleontologists to take a closer look.

As for how it got its name? A group of children at the Children's Museum of Indianapolis drew the connection to the fanciful school of witchcraft that the famous fictional wizard Harry Potter attends and came up with the name hogwartsia..

"It's a very dragon-like looking dinosaur," said Sullivan.

J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series, has been notified and apparently rather likes the new name.

"I am absolutely thrilled to think that Hogwarts has made a small claw mark upon the fascinating world of dinosaurs," said Rowling, according to a museum press release. "I happen to know more on the subject of paleontology than many might credit, because my eldest daughter was Utahraptor-obsessed and I am now living with a passionate Tyrannosaurus rex-lover, aged three.

"My credibility has soared within my science-loving family, and I am very much looking forward to reading Dr. Bakker and his colleague's paper describing 'my' dinosaur."

Attachment:
hogwartsdino2_zoom.jpg (158.3271 kb, 1593 views)

Old Post 10-22-2006 09:42 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #16  quote:

meh it's o.k.

Old Post 10-22-2006 09:42 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #17  quote:

quote:
fuscia said this in post #16 :
meh it's o.k.

Did I mention that there were Chocolate Dinosaurs? That's right. Dino's made of pure chocolate.

If you went back in time and killed one, you could eat chocolate for years and years before it ran out.

Old Post 10-22-2006 09:46 PM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #18  quote:

My favorite dinosaur is Earl

Old Post 10-22-2006 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #19  quote:

OOOO NOT the mamma! I like that one.

Old Post 10-22-2006 09:50 PM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #20  quote:

Hey, I thought somebody said they liked Dino from the Flinstones but I am the only one that voted for him.

I like the plant eaters with the long necks. Is that the second one?

Old Post 10-22-2006 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #21  quote:

I went with the Velociraptor... those things kicked serious ass.

Old Post 10-23-2006 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #22  quote:

quote:
Sandy June said this in post #20 :
Hey, I thought somebody said they liked Dino from the Flinstones but I am the only one that voted for him.

There was a couple of us that would have voted for him, but he was added after we already voted.

I love Dino!!

Old Post 10-23-2006 03:56 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Coogee Beach
Mastermind

post #23  quote:

quote:
HECK! said this in post #9 :
You know what always bugged me about The Flintstones? When they celebrated Christmas. I mean, they said the year was like something B.C. Even dinosaurs were around. So if they're living before the birth of Christ how can they celebrate Christmas? Maybe it was Jesus Christrock or something.

-HECK!

Important point. I also don't know about the veracity of homo-sapiens using great thumping brontosaurus as cranes and earth-movers and other machines of industrial purpose. Just seems a little skewiff that sabre-tooth tigers, humans and dinosaurs were gathered together celebrating Jesus's birthday. But then god has worked in more mysterious ways.

Old Post 10-23-2006 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Coogee Beach a Private Message Find more posts by Coogee Beach Add Coogee Beach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Coogee Beach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #24  quote:

Yeah, and don't even get me started on Casper celebrating his first birthday... what, was he a fetus when he died?

-HECK!

Old Post 10-23-2006 10:02 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #25  quote:

quote:
HECK! said this in post #24 :
Yeah, and don't even get me started on Casper celebrating his first birthday... what, was he a fetus when he died?

-HECK!

LMAO Heck, only you would have thought of that! But, ya got a good point.

Old Post 10-23-2006 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #26  quote:

I just want to add... if anyone votes for Barney, make yourself known... because I'm coming to stomp you to a bloody pulp if you do.

Old Post 10-23-2006 10:29 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #27  quote:

Barney's a fat ***, looks at those hips.

Old Post 10-23-2006 11:16 PM

Coogee Beach
Mastermind

post #28  quote:

He's just big-boned mate. Hell - he is a dinosaur. Y'know - they haven't been digging up dainty little chicken wings out in the Arizona desert, they've been great thumping trees the size of buses. It's like that bit at the start of Pulp Fiction, talking about Tony Rockyhara, half-black, half-Samon - fat, right? - well, I wouldn't go so far as to call the brother fat - what's he gonna do, he's Samoan.

Old Post 10-23-2006 11:20 PM

Coogee Beach
Mastermind

post #29  quote:

quote:
HECK! said this in post #24 :

-HECK!

Another highly relevant point. Though perhaps he was celebrating his first anniversary of being a ghost, in which it would be his first deathday.

They don't explain these things to the kids.

Old Post 10-23-2006 11:21 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #30  quote:

They never explain these things to kids... we just figure it out, along the road of life.

Old Post 10-24-2006 12:28 AM
Time: 01:53 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Hot Topics > Agree2Disagree > INReview Opinion Polls and Surveys > Favorite Dinosaur
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: