Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Pages (16): « First « 1314 [15] 16 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

Local time: 03:25 PM

post #421  quote:

You can order them off ebay for cheaper. At Best Buy they were about 40.00 to 50.00 a season.

Old Post 09-25-2006 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 05:25 AM

post #422  quote:

They should be cheaper soon. I think they're releasing the thinner packs.

I'll find the info for you....

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6303

In Australia they're selling them for like 39 Aussie bucks, so in the US you should be able to get them for like 30US if you look in the right places.

EDIT: though best buy would be cheapest, right? Wait a month or so until these slim versions are released, still.

Old Post 09-25-2006 06:23 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #423  quote:

Old Post 10-01-2006 05:22 AM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #424  quote:

I just watched the episode of Angel where they all lose their memories because Lorne is trying to get Cordelia's memory back after she comes back from a higher dimension. sheeesh that was a long sentence.
I like when Angel comes in an Cordelia says
"hello, salty goodness"
It is a good episode.
I think after that episode is when season four starts going down hill for me.

Old Post 10-01-2006 05:25 AM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #425  quote:

O.K. I don't know what I am talking about. Season fours starts going down hill at some time for me I don't know when. It is still good at this point. I don't like cordy sleeping with Connor.

Angel turning into Angelus, horny beastie, Wes and Fred, Faith, all good stuff.

Old Post 10-01-2006 03:56 PM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 01:25 PM

post #426  quote:

I loved Cordy's reaction when she felt for her hair

Old Post 10-02-2006 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #427  quote:

Cordy sleeping with Conner was just wrong... for so many reasons. But eh... Season four is all good for me. I like how the world is totally, blissfully happy and they decide to ruin it for everyone. Though it can't have been the whole world, because it seens Sunnydale wasn't affected.

Anyway, I like when they got Faith back to kick some butt.

Old Post 10-02-2006 02:20 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #428  quote:

Well, people were only blissful once they saw Jasmine. The people in Sunnydale must have not seen that interview with her, or if they did they probably left Sunnydale right away to see her in person.

Old Post 10-02-2006 02:54 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #429  quote:

Hmmm, I guess Buffy was in season seven at that time. I think?
If that is true, I know the electricity went off and the town was deserted.

Old Post 10-02-2006 03:10 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #430  quote:

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that they were in season seven when Angel was in season four. It would have been better, in my opinion, to not have the Jasmine-making-the-world-a-perfect-place story line at the same time as the The-First-is-bringing-out-all-this-evil-stuff story line.

Old Post 10-02-2006 03:23 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #431  quote:

It does kind of confuse things, if you're watching both shows, doesn't it?

Old Post 10-02-2006 04:23 AM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #432  quote:

Are you still watching Buffy right now G? If so what season?

Old Post 10-22-2006 12:58 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #433  quote:

I'm watching Angel season 5, but I'm going through it kind of slowly. I just watched the episode "Destiny" where Angel and Spike fight over a cup full of mountain dew...

Old Post 10-23-2006 03:49 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #434  quote:

The fact that it was Mountain Dew in the cup was outrageously popular with all my LAN party/D&D friends. There's just something about Mountain Dew that appeals to nerds, which made Joss Whedon that much cooler in our eyes for choosing it to be in the cup

Old Post 10-23-2006 03:55 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #435  quote:

LAN Party? D&D??

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRD!!!!

The mountain dew struck me as funny too, I actually spent a while thinking about why it was mountain dew. Pretty funny though.

I loooove mountain dew

Old Post 10-23-2006 04:11 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #436  quote:

Old Post 10-23-2006 04:19 AM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #437  quote:

That was too cute. I like season five. There is nothing on Sunday nights so I was about to watch Smile Time before bed. I skipped it last time I watched season five.

Old Post 10-23-2006 04:31 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #438  quote:

HUHH!!!??? How could you skip Smile Time? It's brilliant

The only thing I don't like about Season 5 is that it casts doubt on whether the prophesy is about Angel or not... it kind of became the Angel and Spike show, which is what Spike-hating folk like me dread most.

Well, I don't think he's that great, I don't HATE him

Old Post 10-23-2006 05:47 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #439  quote:

quote:
gaboman said this in post #428 :
Cordy sleeping with Conner was just wrong... for so many reasons.

Totally. That just angered me. Maybe on a personal level because was I insanely jealous over a toolio fictional character doing the hibbidy dibbidy with a super hot fine piece fictional character, but still.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-23-2006 04:40 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #440  quote:

quote:
gaboman said this in post #436 :
LAN Party? D&D??

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRD!!!!

The mountain dew struck me as funny too, I actually spent a while thinking about why it was mountain dew. Pretty funny though.

I loooove mountain dew

Mountain Dew. Man. That's a step above Jolt Cola. Anyone remember that?

-HECK!

Old Post 10-23-2006 04:41 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #441  quote:

all the sugar and twice the caffine. I used to live on that stuff.

Old Post 10-23-2006 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #442  quote:

Hells yeah. I would get so amped on that stuff. Lordy.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-23-2006 11:15 PM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #443  quote:

quote:
Whidden said this in post #442 :
all the sugar and twice the caffine. I used to live on that stuff.

O.K. nice comment. You got somthin' nice to say about Angel or Buffy? You are in the wrong thread Whidden.

Old Post 10-23-2006 11:35 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #444  quote:

quote:
Sandy June said this in post #444 :

O.K. nice comment. You got somthin' nice to say about Angel or Buffy? You are in the wrong thread Whidden.

Nay. This thread also discusses Firefly, so I am aloud to be in here.

Now, retract thy statement Wench!

Old Post 10-23-2006 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #445  quote:

oh, but you've gotta say good things about all 3 shows, mate.

Old Post 10-24-2006 03:01 AM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #446  quote:

Yes mate, you must say one nice thing about Buffy and one nice thing about Angel. Hmmm and watch one episode of each.
How about them apples?

Old Post 10-24-2006 03:39 AM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #447  quote:

The Buffy CD sets are good when they are hidden in the entertainment center, lost to everyone.

The Angel CD sets are good for evening out old tables, with mismatched legs.

Firefly rocks!

Old Post 10-24-2006 11:22 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #448  quote:

So, in your own words, and this is just me paraphrasing, "Buffy [is] good" and "Angel [is] good"?

Okay, you can stay

Last edited by gaboman on 10-25-2006 at 03:40 AM |
Old Post 10-25-2006 02:56 AM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #449  quote:

O.K. O.K. he can stay.
You better not be useing my favorite DVDs to even out table legs though.
I actually know he isn't. They are right here where I can see them. Ha ha

Old Post 10-25-2006 03:10 AM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

post #450  quote:

Came accross this. Thought it was kinda funny lookin.

Old Post 10-26-2006 01:28 AM
Time: 09:25 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (16): « First « 1314 [15] 16 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: