Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Pages (16): « First « 67 [8] 910 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 06:11 PM

post #211  quote:

Ummmmmm........ you mean the 2 parter? I'm watching the order they're in on the DVD, not the order they were played on tele

The two part episode is just a tad slow. It's quite interesting though.

Old Post 12-06-2005 03:04 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 02:11 AM

post #212  quote:

I thought they played the same order as on the TV. Dunno, I didn't really get to see it until it was long gone from TV. I meant the two part one, at any rate. I thought it went at a good pace, considering that it was the episode where everything needs to introduced.

Old Post 12-06-2005 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #213  quote:

Ah, alrighty then. I finally finished it and got onto the second episode, where they pull the train heist. Now that one was good

Especially at the end.

"Now this is all the money niska gave us. You'll go back and tell him that the deal is off and I don't expect anyone to come follow us"
"He'll find you wherever you go. You're a dead man..." (gets kicked into the ship's engine)
(They sit another guy in front of him)
"Now this is all the money niska gave..."

Laughed my ass off

Old Post 12-07-2005 02:21 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #214  quote:

Oh my god I was just watching an episode of season seven, and Andrew and Johnathon were in the car and they had heard in their dreams, "From Beneath You It Devours," but they heard it in Spanish and translated it to, "It Eats You Starting With Your Bottom."

!!!

Old Post 01-08-2006 07:04 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #215  quote:

yeah, I watched that one a couple of weeks ago. I'm watching season 7 over (better the second time around... a lot better). Now up to where Principal Wood has revealed himself to Buffy (no, not like that... ) and Andrew was wearing a wire when talking to the First...

Old Post 01-09-2006 01:29 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #216  quote:

I didn't want to let this thread get sucked back to the next page so I wanted to say............... uh......... Buffy.... is like..... really good...... and stuff.... yeah. So that'll give everybody something to think about.

Old Post 01-27-2006 03:41 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #217  quote:

I finished the entire series of FireFly, and have gotten through most of Serenity (the movie)... just got to the part where what-sie dies from the huge spike-dealy through his chest.

The series was awesome, so is the movie, but I'm thinking they needed much more time to go through the back stories of the characters... especially Book, there was something about that preacher dude that was kind of mysterious, and they never said squat about it

Old Post 02-20-2006 03:56 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #218  quote:

Oh, from the series, the joke that made me laugh the most was when the Captain was being held by Niska and he's in a fight with some dude... Zoe and Jayne run in and Zoe's like "No, Jayne, don't shoot, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"NO IT'S NOT!!!" he yells.

That was actually an awesome episode. With Book's quote on the bible not being too specific on shoot knee-caps, and Wash's "I've been in a firefight... Well, I was in a fire... Actually, I was fired from a fry-cook opportunity."

Old Post 02-20-2006 07:11 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #219  quote:

Last night I watched the episode 'Lies that my parents told me.' The one where we see William the Bloody and his mom. I liked that episode. It got gross when the mom started coming on to Spike, though

Still, I thought it was a great episode. It showed that Spike is really different from other vampires. Even when he was without a soul he still took care of those near and dear to him.

Old Post 03-05-2006 06:28 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #220  quote:

That wasn't a bad episode at all, especially since that's the one which ended with Buffy telling Giles she didn't need him anymore very dismal. It was that episode right? I can't seem to remember......

I rewatched Season 7 a few months back. Very enjoyable. The finale still wasn't so great (to me), but I realized why I didn't notice Anya bowing out the first time... it happened in the background and took like 2 seconds. I was probably glancing away when I first saw it.

I watched it with Joss's commentaries on too. Not really that exciting. Why is it always only him giving the commentaries? At least get an actor in there with you...

Old Post 03-06-2006 06:23 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #221  quote:

If there's a commentary it's by the person who wrote and/or directed the episode, so it's not always Joss, but you're right, there needs to be an actor in there more often.

I was surprised when Giles took Buffy out for a training session. I thought that he'd stopped being her Watcher a while ago.

Old Post 03-06-2006 03:23 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #222  quote:

I think she always saw him as an unofficial watcher. Especially by that point, when all the watchers but him (and one or two others) were dead.

I wish they'd succeeded in killing Spike Quiet honestly, by the end of Angel and Buffy, you felt like they just should've called both shows "Spike" or the "Wacky Adventures of Spike" Overrated.

Old Post 03-07-2006 02:07 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #223  quote:

I thought he should have died sooner than when he did, but I was glad that he won that fight. Maybe the way it should have ended was that he won the fight, then walked outside and was so disoriented that he didn't realize that it was daylight already

Old Post 03-07-2006 03:17 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #224  quote:

hehehe that would'a been funny. I did like the way he won the fight... granting Robin another chance and all. I also left him around to have that discussion with Andrew about the onion blossoms in the third-to-last episode, which was just too funny for words.

Old Post 03-08-2006 01:35 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #225  quote:

"Tell anyone that we had this conversation and I'll bite you." Man, that was one of the funniest conversations of the season Why did Andrew get most of the funny-cool lines this season?

"Man I'm bored. Episode One bored."

Old Post 03-08-2006 03:17 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #226  quote:

I think its the whole nerd factor. I like the way they got Xander to play off him a bit. Like Andrew calling in to see if they had the new League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and Xander wondering if they had 2 copies.

Or the geeky lines like this one:

"Okay, well, if you leave me here alone, I'll do something evil, like burning something or... glueing things together"

Old Post 03-09-2006 06:21 AM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

Local time: 04:11 AM

post #227  quote:

I don't think I am going to read any of this right now since I am just starting to watch the series. I am only on the first DVD. The fourth episode. I will have something to contribute later.

Hmmmm this looks like a good one.

Old Post 03-13-2006 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #228  quote:

Yay, Sandy June! As soon as you get into season two you'll be addicted. Just wait

Old Post 03-13-2006 04:19 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #229  quote:

Yeah, they start going in a lot of different directions, sub-plots, all that.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-13-2006 05:20 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #230  quote:

And larger story arcs. Big story arcs kick butt!

Old Post 03-14-2006 01:57 AM

Gold Member
Sandy June
southpark sandy

Local time: 04:11 AM

post #231  quote:

Why am I wasting time? I need to hurry up and get to the second season.

Old Post 03-14-2006 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Sandy June a Private Message Find more posts by Sandy June Add Sandy June to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Sandy June REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #232  quote:

First season only has 13 episodes, so you should get there soon. Once you get half-way through the second season you'll love it (well, at least I did...)

Old Post 03-14-2006 06:07 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #233  quote:

I was hooked after the Jack Tripper robot episode. Man, that was great. I capped on my uncle for watching the show. Then I was hooked.

Angel was... pretty good. I think that the series was spread too thin though.

Spike was the man. I wish they had a show about him. Anyone else?

-HECK!

Old Post 03-14-2006 06:21 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #234  quote:

They're in the (very) preliminary stages of making (discussing, really) a Spike movie. I'm not really a fan, myself. He was awesome at first, but by the end of Buffy and Angel, I'd seen too much of him.

The Ted episode (with Jack 'Princess Dandy-lion' Tripper) was a classic, but the comedy got so much better in the 6th season. No one could hate the Trio, they were awesome.

And the show's didn't get its edge until Dawn showed up. Not sure why that is, but she was a mad important element in the show.

Old Post 03-14-2006 06:42 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #235  quote:

quote:
gaboman said this in post #235 :
They're in the (very) preliminary stages of making (discussing, really) a Spike movie. I'm not really a fan, myself. He was awesome at first, but by the end of Buffy and Angel, I'd seen too much of him.

The Ted episode (with Jack 'Princess Dandy-lion' Tripper) was a classic, but the comedy got so much better in the 6th season. No one could hate the Trio, they were awesome.

And the show's didn't get its edge until Dawn showed up. Not sure why that is, but she was a mad important element in the show.

I think that Spike got old because of the Angel deal, and he became Angel. It's like they wanted him to stay on and had to come up with new ways to keep him there. Not so good writing post brain chip. I would watch a Spike TV movie but I think it's maybe too late though.

Tripper ep was classic. Did get hella more comedy later on though.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-14-2006 07:02 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #236  quote:

Yeah, they shoulda stuck more comedy into the episode with Ritter. But the thing is, I think the episode worked 'cause of the emotional impact killing someone had on Buffy. That was pretty intense.

You know the dude who wrote the moving "Red Eye" (directed by Wes Craven) was a writer for Buffy, did the Halloween episode (I think it was season 2) and then got his ass canned.

I don't know why I bring that up, but it was a bit of lame trivia I've been bursting to tell.

Old Post 03-14-2006 07:22 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #237  quote:

Haha, good deal. The dude from Animal House, the jerky ROTC Neidermeir played the main vampire in season 1.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-14-2006 05:11 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #238  quote:

He did! And Willow and Oz were previously boyfriend and girlfriend in the movie My Step Mother Is An Alien.

Old Post 03-15-2006 01:39 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #239  quote:

Oh man that movie sucked ape.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-15-2006 06:32 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #240  quote:

Anyone ever see Ben Affleck's part in the original Buffy movie? Blink and you could miss it, but its funny to see him up there as a young fellow.

Old Post 03-16-2006 02:28 AM
Time: 10:11 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (16): « First « 67 [8] 910 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: