Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Police in Los Angeles shoot and kill 17-month old girl
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

Local time: 10:16 AM

post #31  quote:

I know that aiming for the legs on a moving target is not easy but if you have somebody usinig a child as a shiled I reckon that you have 2 options either aim away from the child or take cover and back down in an attempt to defuse the situation.

Old Post 07-21-2005 11:54 AM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

Local time: 02:16 AM

post #32  quote:

What I heard on the news was that the baby was in a crib inside the house when the shooting started , so the cops didnt even know she was there.

Old Post 07-21-2005 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Mr. F a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. F Add Mr. F to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Mr. F REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

one and only
Crackerjack

post #33  quote:

COME ON NOW, THE COPS KNEW THE BABY WAS THERE SEVERAL OFFICERS HAD SEEN THE BABY. COMMON SENSE WOULD HAVE TOLD THEM SHE WAS INSIDE WHEN THEY DIDN'T SEE THE FATHER HOLDING HER ANY LONGER. I CAN REMEMBER SEVERAL SIMILAR SITUATIONS WHERE THE OFFICERS USED MORE RESTRAINT THEN THEY DID IN THIS SITUATION. THIS WAS DEFINITELY UNCALLED FOR.

Old Post 07-22-2005 03:53 PM
Click here to Send one and only a Private Message Find more posts by one and only Add one and only to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore one and only REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chelktty
In the Now Guru

Local time: 05:16 AM

post #34  quote:

IS YOUR CAPS LOCK BROKEN??? BUY A NEW KEYBOARD!!!

You know you're right one and only, I'm sure the cops knew the baby was in there and they probably pinpointed her exact location because I'm sure they had a pow wow before the gun battle and decided "hey for kicks, let's take this guy out, but let's add salt to the wound and murder his defenseless daughter too! YEAH!!! THAT'LL BE A HOOT!!!"

Old Post 07-22-2005 04:05 PM
Click here to Send chelktty a Private Message Find more posts by chelktty Add chelktty to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chelktty REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #35  quote:

Well if the mother was out there common sense would surely make you find out how many people are in the house along with the captor. Now if the cops knew the kid was in there and could not see her then that would point to the conclusion that they were unsure if she would be hit by bullets, so you don't fire until you are 100% sure that the child would not get hit by strays. The cops did not do that they just assumed.

Old Post 07-22-2005 10:27 PM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

one and only
Crackerjack

post #36  quote:

quote:
chelktty said this in post #34 :
IS YOUR CAPS LOCK BROKEN??? BUY A NEW KEYBOARD!!!

You know you're right one and only, I'm sure the cops knew the baby was in there and they probably pinpointed her exact location because I'm sure they had a pow wow before the gun battle and decided "hey for kicks, let's take this guy out, but let's add salt to the wound and murder his defenseless daughter too! YEAH!!! THAT'LL BE A HOOT!!!"
FIRST OF ALL, MY KEYBOARD IS NOT BROKEN. THIS HAPPENS TO BE THE WAY I CHOOSE TO POST. YOU POST THE WAY YOU CHOOSE AND I'LL POST THE WAY I CHOOSE. BY THE WAY I STILL SAY THE COPS WERE DEAD WRONG. HAVE A SUNNY DAY.

Old Post 07-25-2005 04:09 PM
Click here to Send one and only a Private Message Find more posts by one and only Add one and only to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore one and only REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #37  quote:

quote:
lodgebo said this in post #35 :
Now if the cops knew the kid was in there and could not see her then that would point to the conclusion that they were unsure if she would be hit by bullets, so you don't fire until you are 100% sure that the child would not get hit by strays. The cops did not do that they just assumed.

No , they werent 100% sure. If cops werent allowed to fire unless they were 100% sure they would be extinct.

Lets say the cops hold their fire and let the guy go, now youve gut a drugged-up psyco running around with a gun . How many people wouldve been killed then?

Old Post 07-26-2005 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Mr. F a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. F Add Mr. F to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Mr. F REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #38  quote:

When the life of a small child is at on the line, the people that the cops are meant to protect and serve the you should be 100% certain.

Are you telling me it was beyond the comprehension of the police to take cover behind cars, vans trees or walls and wait for the guy to come out. I am not suggesting you let him run down the street taking pot shots at people but until he comes out the door or the drive so you can get a clear shot at him and only him.

The polices job is to protect and serve so what type of protection was this baby given.

Old Post 07-27-2005 03:26 PM

one and only
Crackerjack

post #39  quote:

I AGREE, I WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD FEEL AS THOUGH THE POLICE WERE RIGHT IF IT HAD BEEN ONE OF THEIR CHILDREN?

Old Post 07-27-2005 04:15 PM

one and only
Crackerjack

post #40  quote:

I AGREE, I WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD FEEL AS THOUGH THE POLICE WERE RIGHT IF IT HAD BEEN ONE OF THEIR CHILDREN?

Old Post 07-27-2005 04:15 PM

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #41  quote:

It is also the police's job to protect both themselves and the people in the immediate area. The assailant couldve killed somebody in an apartment 2 blocks away, then everybody would be on about why the cops didnt do anything.

Oh, and it is the parents job to protect the child, clearly they both failed...................... miserably

Old Post 07-28-2005 08:06 PM

brochu13
Mastermind

post #42  quote:

Agreed. While an excessive amount of force was used, deadly force makes perfect sense here. They needed to take the guy down. 90 shots wasn't the trick, but he needed some.

Good point about the parents F. I agree. While the police have a responsibility to protect the child also, her main caregivers; her parents, were uneffective.

Old Post 07-28-2005 09:15 PM
Click here to Send brochu13 a Private Message Find more posts by brochu13 Add brochu13 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore brochu13 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

post #43  quote:

I did not witness the event.
Did any of you see what happened?

I think not.

How can you express your opinions on something about something when you have no way of knowing what actually took place?

Old Post 07-28-2005 09:18 PM
Click here to Send becker a Private Message Find more posts by becker Add becker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore becker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

brochu13
Mastermind

post #44  quote:

The facts stand, he stared firing at police first while with his daughter, that's all I needed to know.

Old Post 07-28-2005 09:46 PM
Click here to Send brochu13 a Private Message Find more posts by brochu13 Add brochu13 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore brochu13 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #45  quote:

The facts also show the police started to fire back while they knew an infant could have been in the direct line of fire.

did this incident happen in a flat or a house?

Old Post 07-28-2005 10:07 PM

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #46  quote:

The latest- Toxicology reports show traces of cocaine in the 18 month olds system. Now the question is did she get it from the mothers breast milk, or from second hand smoke?

Old Post 08-06-2005 12:04 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #47  quote:

Not to sound like a druggie, but you can't smoke cocaine. Crack is the smokey one.

The kid could be a crack baby or something and they rub a little coke on the baby's gums to shut them up. Regardless, very sad.

-HECK!

Old Post 08-07-2005 06:12 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Mr. F
U.S. soccer fan

post #48  quote:

Never heard of crack cocaine?rock cocaine? Thats what crack was called in the old days. Crack IS cocaine, it is just processed differently.

Old Post 08-09-2005 10:50 PM

brochu13
Mastermind

post #49  quote:

I think that police reports would differentiate between that. Because it is processed differently, you can detect whether or not is was snorted powder or smoked crack rocks.

Old Post 08-10-2005 07:24 PM

devildog
In the Now Guru

post #50  quote:

Can one test positive for cocaine just by second hand smoke? Heroin the same? Opium, Quaaludes? Never thought about that before. I just thought smoke was smoke and one would just get cancer and die regardless of the source. Can it be detected in both blood and urine?

Old Post 08-10-2005 08:29 PM
Find more posts by devildog Add devildog to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore devildog REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 10:16 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Police in Los Angeles shoot and kill 17-month old girl
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: